User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 07:07   #51
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: What comes first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
All you people saying alliance are getting exiled if we ever land in the same gal.

You'd exile me?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 07:24   #52
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
You'd exile me?
Yeah, but I could never convince Syron to start the vote.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 20:07   #53
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

alliance 1st --. think of them as close family
buddypack 2nd --> think of them as extended family
galaxy 3rd ---> think of them as friends and neighbours
allies 4th --> think of them as the in-laws

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 22:32   #54
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Judge all you want, but I wont play if I don't like playing, and a large part of that comes down to who I spend the time with. So it differs between rounds, but for now: buddypack > *
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 22:35   #55
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster
What do you put first?

Galaxy? or Alliance?
Alliance comes first in any situation for me, always has, always will.

Simple reason:
When you join an alliance you accept their rules. If you've no intention to play by those rules you either find another ally with more suiting rules or you go solo.

But i guess my view is a bit baised. I've always been an alliance player, and i'll always be. Played for 2 alliances since r3 and i doubt you'll be seing me in any other ally. All the rounds i've played has been with an ally, when i no longer have an ally, i'll stop playing.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 24 Mar 2006 at 22:46.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2006, 16:20   #56
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Quote:
What do you put first?

Galaxy? or Alliance?

Any situations that have conflicted between the two?
In my view the Alliance comes first above all others. You're only with your gal for a round, yet you're with your ally for several. The same logic applies to BPs, even to ones that extend across several rounds. If you're in a BP with close friends then obviously you'll help them out a lot more than you would a general galmate if it came down to choosing between A/G, but for me the alliance takes precedence.

As DrunkenViking said, when you join your alliance you join a collective agreement between players across the Universe that you come before others. If you find it's difficult to stick by the rules of that agreement, say, if your Alliance hits your galaxy or something, then it's up to you to find a different one. Ally > BP > Gal tbh, and that's the way it should be in my view. It doesn't mean you can't try and get people to recall off galmates, or refuse to help them or anything like that, it just means keep a clear assessment of where your priorities and loyalties lie. If it's too hard to do that, then something's wrong along the above chain.

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 04:45   #57
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

Alliance comes first :xmasgrin: your generally with your alliance for more than a few months where as in a gal you could be exiled at any time
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 12:48   #58
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXX
In my view the Alliance comes first above all others. You're only with your gal for a round, yet you're with your ally for several. The same logic applies to BPs, even to ones that extend across several rounds. If you're in a BP with close friends then obviously you'll help them out a lot more than you would a general galmate if it came down to choosing between A/G, but for me the alliance takes precedence.

As DrunkenViking said, when you join your alliance you join a collective agreement between players across the Universe that you come before others. If you find it's difficult to stick by the rules of that agreement, say, if your Alliance hits your galaxy or something, then it's up to you to find a different one. Ally > BP > Gal tbh, and that's the way it should be in my view. It doesn't mean you can't try and get people to recall off galmates, or refuse to help them or anything like that, it just means keep a clear assessment of where your priorities and loyalties lie. If it's too hard to do that, then something's wrong along the above chain.
generally most alliances would not attack a gal containing their members unless certain ppl within your galaxy have been hostile to your alliance , if thats the case then you have to remember that your alliance is for life a galaxy is for now and act accordingly,
would i defend against an alliance member in gal , never

would i give said alliance member inside info on his attack (does target have def/ fleets out) tbh it would depend n the situation if said gal member was overly hostile then yes i probably would

however if it was an bp member with incomng from my alliance i would try to get the fleet pulled , which is why i choose my bp carefully and make sure we check with each other before launching attacks,

bottom line for me is to try not screw over my gal as its the last line of defence but only if being loyal to said galaxy does not affect my alliance in a negative way

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 02:31   #59
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Yeah, it was an extreme example but it does happen in times of war, TA can sometimes lead to a member's gal being hit. Depends on the composition.

My point was, in that situation your loyalty should still be to your Alliance first rather than your gal. Obviously you may try and get it pulled if you can, but at the end of the day priorities matter.

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote