User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 21:29   #1
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
stopping ascendency

can it be done
did hiding 8 members till now guarentee them the win

well it is possible but would require all the traditional alliances to form some sort of co-op (evul block) to stop their attacks depriving them of xp and score boost's

sounds simple , but obviously isnt but is there enough time left in the rd to catch them

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 21:32   #2
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Re: stopping ascendency

do we really need another thread ?
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 21:34   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

well i thought i'd post a new thread to avoid my post getting lost in the whining thats currently going on in the other threads

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 21:49   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

By adding the best players from every alliance to a new tag. Of course, it would be the dirtiest win in history and only demonstrate the desperation of some to finish 1st.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 21:50   #5
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

heh.. They are free to do that as far as I am concerned. Because then they "drop" to the level that they claim we are on atm. This would amuse me no end
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 22:03   #6
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

first off, i don't really care who wins this round as i ain't playing active and without an ally, so don't count my post anti anyone.

Ascendency can hardly be beaten without recruiting of big planets imo; but to answer your first post: yes there are ways.

for example any ally from Subh, 1up, or ND could kick their 14 lowest score members and take in DLR instead. combine that with fleetcatches on Ascendancy members to slow their growth down and it might be possible to overtake them.

as furball said, taking the biggest non ascendency player in the top 100 and put them into a new ally can win this round.

not really a honorable way to win the round, but a possibility.

fact is, that Acendency have the highest score and most likely will win this round
fact is, that XP and stats will be changed for next round.

so why not just get over it, accept their win and take revenge next round.

i myself like value based and deforiented PA more than XP based and attack oriented PA, but why spam the boards in countless anti XP/Ascendency threads with it.

so, even if i would never play as XP whore congrats to Ascendency and hopefully u will be around next round, u at least brought some difference to the game.

edit: fixed some typos

Last edited by Almeida; 12 Mar 2006 at 00:24.
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 04:48   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only realistic way to beat Ascendancy is to poach their players.

Apart from the community, Ascendancy doesn't offer much to their players in terms of security or anything. And I'm pretty sure they won't be around next round.

So the only way to beat them (albeit not entirely honorable) is to give their players decent offers of homes for next round - or some sort of incentive to leave Ascendancy's tag.

Which is pretty crappy.

But then so's this round! lolzers
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 05:17   #8
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

Almeida is totally right.

stop yer bitching and admit. they are a damn good alliance.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 08:35   #9
Pennywiser
Xanadu

Pennywiser will become famous soon enoughPennywiser will become famous soon enough

yeah awesome work Ascendancy i hope you guys win, will this put an end to the 1up and eXilition argument if ascendancy win??
rd 5 [Xanadu]
rd 6 [Xanadu]
rd 7 [Xanadu] [Bull]
rd 8 [MadCowS] MO
rd 9 [MadCowS] MO
rd 15 [eXilition] DC
rd 16 [reinVENted]

Proud to be [Xanadu]
Pennywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 09:42   #10
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywiser
yeah awesome work Ascendancy i hope you guys win, will this put an end to the 1up and eXilition argument if ascendancy win??
Nope.

The way I see it is to (a) hold Rob hostage at gun point (b) deny jester the chance of eating Fish and Chips ever again

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 09:58   #11
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
so why not just get over it, accept their win and take revenge next round.
They won't be around next round. Plus of course the majority of forum-active Ascendancy's are ex-1up and you can probably bet that 1up will take any revenge attacks next round on their behalf - even though any Ascendancy will probably be refused future 1up membership.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 11:28   #12
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
They won't be around next round.
Where do you have this inside Intel from ? I am pretty confident we will be around in some form next roun

Plus of course the majority of forum-active Ascendancy's are ex-1up and you can probably bet that 1up will take any revenge attacks next round on their behalf - even though any Ascendancy will probably be refused future 1up membership.
I have always been of the impression that 1up started each round with a clean political slate. In regards to never joining 1up, I think your HC will clarify this whether we can or not should we apply.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 11:34   #13
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Or you could hire a couple of half retired smart a$ses like me who are checking their planet three to four times a week with value = xp < 600k. Gimme some fish and chips and I will attack them Ascendancies!

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 11:47   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
They won't be around next round.
Where do you have this inside Intel from ? I am pretty confident we will be around in some form next roun
I don't, I just thought I heard it somewhere

Plus of course the majority of forum-active Ascendancy's are ex-1up and you can probably bet that 1up will take any revenge attacks next round on their behalf - even though any Ascendancy will probably be refused future 1up membership.
I have always been of the impression that 1up started each round with a clean political slate. In regards to never joining 1up, I think your HC will clarify this whether we can or not should we apply.
What I meant by this was that since most of the Ascendancy posters we see have been or are associated with 1up, alot of people will assume they are now back with 1up in some form, and the 'revenge' will be directed there. Its not 1up politics, but everyone elses. Thats what I meant. However, this theory crumbles since you say Ascendancy is not a one-round thing.
Oh, and finally, I am an HC. I am not 1up anymore.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 12:00   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
1up and ND's top players are officially invited to join the DLR tag to beat Ascendancy.
I think this was the biggest example of double standards i'd ever read on this forum (no wonder you deleted it but fortunately I caught it in time, so I can quote it)

So essentially, instead of Ascendancy being an alliance that quite frankly, quietly went about its business and pretty much not caring except to preserve its own sleeping pattern, on that post DLR is pretty much guilty taking the step of exploiting others anger to try and manufacture a win for itself by recruiting big planets, because in reality, there is little difference between the pair of us in terms of game style (except that asc cares far less).

Ascendancy simply plays the game, whether people like the way we play it, is up to them. By the nature of your post, you're trying to exploit people's emotions.

If people don't want to recruit us again, I doubt many care either. We simply refused to be slaves to PA for one round and decided to try something different. If people like yourself and Zhil want to cry "I am Spartacus" every 5 minutes, go ahead, as quite frankly if you want to go to such great lengths to sort out 45 people (be it in this round, or the rounds after) messing around with a game, you really want to sort yourselves out. In my view, it's the kind of thing that would get Asc players rolling in the aisles, as really they never intended one bit of it, yet have all kinds of shit thrown at them for pretty much no other reason than playing planetarion with a bit of sleep in mind.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 12:35   #16
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
The only realistic way to beat Ascendancy is to poach their players.
That's the only realistic way to stop them but i doubt any of them leaving the tag to join another ally. They played an excellent round within the rules and there's pretty much nothing that can be done to stop them now.
Congratz Ascendancy, even though i don't agree on your tactics, you won and i salute you

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 12:45   #17
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

All Ascendancy are doing is giving themselves the best possible advantage they can based on the flawed stats of this round.

Every round alliances take advantage of the stats to give them a better chance of winning. It might not be very "sporting" but I admire the fact that they are actually playing for the win without worrying about everyone loving them.

These days alliances seem too concerned about what everyone else thinks about them, and not enough about there own members.

Best wishes to everyone playing, but remember it is a game, and winner takes all. So win if you can, and if you cant....... well you could atleast try to stop the #1 from winning. Anything but complain about concepts of "honour" which in this game have never had any real importance.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 12:53   #18
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
By adding the best players from every alliance to a new tag. Of course, it would be the dirtiest win in history and only demonstrate the desperation of some to finish 1st.
This amused me... weren't you one of the people who said any win was a valid win?
Why wouldn't it be allowed or a valid win? imo it's the same as what asc did now... get a load of xp players or high ranking players together and you get a high ranking alliance.. it's really that simple....

also fish... joining dlr isn't much point as it would simply give another xp alliance the win who cares if asc or dlr does it... result is same

anyways, with the round going as it has this round i doubt anyone really cares about alliance ranking or anything else this round... i'm just sad we got fk all more planets this round, while it's free. I mean for the love of god... we could have atleast had 3000 more multi planets heh. Now this free round has about the same amount as planets a normal p2p round has (atleast last time i checked, which has been a while back)
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 13:39   #19
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Apart from the community, Ascendancy doesn't offer much to their players in terms of security or anything. And I'm pretty sure they won't be around next round.

So the only way to beat them (albeit not entirely honorable) is to give their players decent offers of homes for next round - or some sort of incentive to leave Ascendancy's tag.
Ascendancy gives us something no top alliance can grant us: inactivtiy and sleep while still being somewhat successfull. Therefore it's in my opinion fairly unlikely that anyone is going to leave Ascendancy.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 13:53   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
This amused me... weren't you one of the people who said any win was a valid win?
Why wouldn't it be allowed or a valid win? imo it's the same as what asc did now... get a load of xp players or high ranking players together and you get a high ranking alliance.. it's really that simple....
It is rather different. Effectively ascendancy are an alliance that recruited, like say fury or legion in r2. Ascendancy might well be around next round despite the fact we're a rather new and different alliance. I don't think many of us would be too annoyed if the 55 highest-ranking non-ascendancy players tagged up together, personally I'd find it rather amusing purely for how the winning ceremony would turn out.

Quote:
anyways, with the round going as it has this round i doubt anyone really cares about alliance ranking or anything else this round... i'm just sad we got fk all more planets this round, while it's free. I mean for the love of god... we could have atleast had 3000 more multi planets heh. Now this free round has about the same amount as planets a normal p2p round has (atleast last time i checked, which has been a while back)
I think we did get a few more than we normally do for a p2p round, and obviously more of these got chances to play actual full rounds as opposed to the normal free planet thing so hopefully more of them will pay for next round.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:11   #21
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

GJ!

ok here goes: 1up couldnt even win a round without eXi playing, hihi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:20   #22
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
GJ!

They still won more rounds than eX and personally I still value them much higher than your one-hit-wonder which returns every other round because they lack the stamina.

You couldnt even win two rounds in a row. Go figure, "hihi".
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:47   #23
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: stopping ascendency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
They still won more rounds than eX and personally I still value them much higher than your one-hit-wonder which returns every other round because they lack the stamina.

Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:48   #24
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

Quote:

1hit wonder, that made 1up dont end top 5 twice and won 2 rounds, i think u are in a "one-hit-wonder" this round.

and plsss i dont want this 1up won more round discussion, this thread is about ascendacy winning. i dont care about those previous rounds where 1up wont without sweating, those rounds were newb.

it seems u still didnt get over it heartless

Quote:
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:55   #25
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
GJ!

its because most of Asc is 1up, we are infact two alliances, go figure hihi
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 15:58   #26
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Go find where I said that. If you're referring to exil last round, then that was a perfectly valid win - as is this one. Forming a tag just to beat Ascendancy is just desperate, and I pity anyone who wants to do that.

That definitely includes you Fish.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:06   #27
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
GJ!

It's a pity that you didn't play this round. It would have been fun to beat you too
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:22   #28
Heartless

Quote:
1hit wonder, that made 1up dont end top 5 twice and won 2 rounds, i think u are in a "one-hit-wonder" this round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from pawiki round 15 alliance rankings
5 1up 78 62,597 267,983,742 3,435,689 803
"hihi". I am just setting your facts straight. Idiotti.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:23   #29
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
'most' sounds a bit much.. There are a few though yes..
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:40   #30
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

to stop ascendancy, just tell tesla's gf that he is cheating over the inet on her, since he is so pig whipped she most probably end up killing him.

Repeat process for a few more players, voila!
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 16:48   #31
The Real Arfy

Quote:

and plsss i dont want this 1up won more round discussion, this thread is about ascendacy winning. i dont care about those previous rounds where 1up wont without sweating, those rounds were newb.

it seems u still didnt get over it heartless
Those rounds that 1up won without breaking a sweat, you didn't even bother to step up to the plate...

And don't go saying this thread is about Ascendancy since you were the one to bring 1up into the equation. And for the love of god, show some respect and spell their name correctly.

Unread 12 Mar 2006, 17:07   #32
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
They won't be around next round. Plus of course the majority of forum-active Ascendancy's are ex-1up and you can probably bet that 1up will take any revenge attacks next round on their behalf - even though any Ascendancy will probably be refused future 1up membership.
No-one has ever really needed an excuse to attack 1up so I don't think that's a worry for anyone here.

As regards current Ascendancy players returning to 1up, I would hope that is possible. Ascendancy may be an "xp-whore alliance" but it has some of the better players in the game, I would certainly vouch for a few of them.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 17:34   #33
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
"hihi". I am just setting your facts straight. Idiotti.
thank u, #5 instead of #6, how silly of me

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 17:39   #34
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

Quote:
Those rounds that 1up won without breaking a sweat, you didn't even bother to step up to the plate...

And don't go saying this thread is about Ascendancy since you were the one to bring 1up into the equation. And for the love of god, show some respect and spell their name correctly.
my apoligies, atleast me and alot of friends thought pax was quite homosexual r10-12 , never tried till r13 where ppl wanted to "check it out"

we did and smashed you, it didnt turn out to be as gay as we thought it was.

back on topic, nice work ascendancy, finally some other alliance going for #1

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 17:53   #35
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
my apoligies, atleast me and alot of friends thought pax was quite homosexual r10-12 , never tried till r13 where ppl wanted to "check it out"

we did and smashed you, it didnt turn out to be as gay as we thought it was.

back on topic, nice work ascendancy, finally some other alliance going for #1
The sad part about this is...

I would *love* to see ascendancy play next round, pull the same thing they did this round, and FINALLY make maxmillan shut up with his "oh, we are gods etc!!!one"
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 18:01   #36
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
i'd say there's equal number of exilition if not more, to 1up in Ascendancy. shameful i know! oh how have i let myself be associated with those scoundrels.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 18:20   #37
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I think this was the biggest example of double standards i'd ever read on this forum (no wonder you deleted it but fortunately I caught it in time, so I can quote it)

So essentially, instead of Ascendancy being an alliance that quite frankly, quietly went about its business and pretty much not caring except to preserve its own sleeping pattern, on that post DLR is pretty much guilty taking the step of exploiting others anger to try and manufacture a win for itself by recruiting big planets, because in reality, there is little difference between the pair of us in terms of game style (except that asc cares far less).

Ascendancy simply plays the game, whether people like the way we play it, is up to them. By the nature of your post, you're trying to exploit people's emotions.

If people don't want to recruit us again, I doubt many care either. We simply refused to be slaves to PA for one round and decided to try something different. If people like yourself and Zhil want to cry "I am Spartacus" every 5 minutes, go ahead, as quite frankly if you want to go to such great lengths to sort out 45 people (be it in this round, or the rounds after) messing around with a game, you really want to sort yourselves out. In my view, it's the kind of thing that would get Asc players rolling in the aisles, as really they never intended one bit of it, yet have all kinds of shit thrown at them for pretty much no other reason than playing planetarion with a bit of sleep in mind.
Nice work undeleting posts.

I left it up there long enough for a few people to see it and then deleted it. I wondered who would take the bait this time, seems it was you. Didn't expect that. As funny as it would be to see DLR win the round, I honestly would love a tag such as 'lolz you didnt win' to win, to shut the boasters of ascendancy. Yes I know I look bitter etc etc.

IMO, all moral highground Ascendancy has is lost by the sneaky act of hiding your 8 members. yes its clever, yes its within the rules, but its lame. if you were going to win by being XP whores, at least do it honestly, and not by being lame pricks.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 18:29   #38
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

amusing at the people who try to suggest our members couldn't do as well as value planets. do you think this game is some challenge? get over yourselves you self-elevating retards, we have plenty who have ended in the higher spectrums ranks wise, over and over again. but unlike seemingly you guys, we got bored of that tedious style .

edit: "I left it up there long enough for a few people to see it and then deleted it. I wondered who would take the bait this time, seems it was you." is that admittance of trolling or what?

Last edited by jerome; 12 Mar 2006 at 18:49.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 18:39   #39
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Taking the bait? You made a stupid post and lokken was around to see it. You then deleted it, because you realised it was stupid, and say that you expected more from lokken than to bring it back. All of the above spells out the word idiot.

We've been through the boasters thing, there's very few, all of which had nothing to do with actually running the alliance. (There's far more whiners). What place do you have to be bitter? People in NewDawn/1up are more than entitled to feel (at present) their input of effort into the round has been largely unrewarded. You've done sod all from where i'm standing.

Cypher mentioned making a tag (to win) to beat those who are currently, justly winning. And to put him straight, yes that would be a 'valid win.' It would achieve the highest score. It'd also be a hollow win, simply because the players grouped together would be no alliance and would've undermined everything they claim to stand for by forming it.

I wasn't sure Ascendancy had a moral highground, we didn't look for one. Adding eight members 300+ ticks before the end was on the ball, nothing less. It's not lame, it's expected. I wouldn't do it any differently. It runs perfectly in line with Ascendancy's play all round, playing for sensibly for themselves.

Jer the same could be said for many alliances of the last few rounds. There's more players in Ascendancy that have played for neither 1up nor eXilition than those that have. Comments from non-members about the memberbase have, from what I've observed, been consistently off the mark.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 19:11   #40
[SH]Valle
Flying Hamster

[SH]Valle is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt even call us an alliance, i think of it more of a collection of friends that attack alot. theres hardly any defence going on and seldom organized attack. when i came back this round i only wanted an "alliance" to get better attacks. spent a month in xVx that had super attacks but i got bored with the "no solo"-rule and left them. spent another week or so all alone still doing as well as i did with an alliance.

in conclusion, this round sucked from the start. galaxies mean nothing, alliances are pointless. all u need is a very small fleet and scans.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 19:17   #41
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nice work undeleting posts.

I left it up there long enough for a few people to see it and then deleted it. I wondered who would take the bait this time, seems it was you. Didn't expect that. As funny as it would be to see DLR win the round, I honestly would love a tag such as 'lolz you didnt win' to win, to shut the boasters of ascendancy. Yes I know I look bitter etc etc.

IMO, all moral highground Ascendancy has is lost by the sneaky act of hiding your 8 members. yes its clever, yes its within the rules, but its lame. if you were going to win by being XP whores, at least do it honestly, and not by being lame pricks.
You'll note your post wasn't deleted, it was simply spotted before you had a chance to delete it. Had i not spotted it and it was deleted, it wouldn't be quoted. It's nice to know the minute you post against someone, they start borrowing other people's tactics, thinking they will be effective - they don't.

The fact is we don't care about winning, we just find all this crap highly amusing. The only reason we didn't want to add players was to divert attention from ourselves and to simply stay in bed as there are people who DO object to our way of playing and we think they are small-minded to do so. But that's their opinion, we accept their opinion and we played accordingly.

Boasting? I don't think we have. It just seems laughable that we seem to be to blame for the ills of the game by playing in a particular manner - if you've got a problem, do something about it instead of crying about it. My post never sought to find any kind of moral high ground, it was merely pointing out that DLR trying to recruit when they are basically playing to be all out XP whores and caring along with a post that plays upon people's emotions is hardly a position of strength to argue from.

The point I've tried to simply make is that all Ascendancy do is play and they do so bloody lazily. If people don't like it, fine. We aren't going to suddenly try just to laugh at you and secure a win - we've had some prats on here, but they got a load of stick in our private channel for it. What amazes us is that everyone is going to such great lengths, simply because a bunch of what on paper, are pretty good players who have accidentally got to the number 1 position and done so in a way where planetarion is not an incumberance on them. The fact is that if we weren't doing well, no one would care. To be subject to such bile and hatred suggests a couple of you need your heads testing.

The bottom line for us is simple: while you lot are trying, we're sleeping. And that's all that matters. Ascendancy isn't just an alliance, it's a lifestyle choice.

Last edited by lokken; 12 Mar 2006 at 19:23.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 19:31   #42
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Taking the bait? You made a stupid post and lokken was around to see it. You then deleted it, because you realised it was stupid, and say that you expected more from lokken than to bring it back. All of the above spells out the word idiot.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 20:17   #43
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I'm glad you know what I do and why I do it better than me (:
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 22:30   #44
lokken
BlueTuba

Nah actually that isn't true to be fair on Fish - he deleted it before i posted it, I just had it quoted ready to draft. His reasoning behind deleting his post is irrelevant, the fact he posted it in the first place however does and suggests to me it was an open offer, but then he decided he wanted it to be more of a "surprise" but that's just a wild guess.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 22:38   #45
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

bwtmc i didn't suggest making another tag btw.. i just read it somewhere...

also jerome, i KNOW quite a few of asc players are good. however THIS didn't take skill and cept for you i doubt anyone will say otherwise.
Also YOU always failed as a valueplayer which is why you quit mostly remember.. Obviously judging your way of play of previous rounds you DID find this game challenging and hard to play untill this xp round, where it didn't take skill.

p.s. YOU shouldn't be asking fish about trolling in this thread as you've basically done nothing but troll on this subject dude... atleast other asc members win it without having to make it look hard or whatever. Take an example from desse etc..... you shouldn't have to lower yourself to this, unless you're taking lessons from max ofc, in which case i am sorry and you are doing fine.

so suddenly calling others retards as you xp whored 1 round and actually did finish high this time is a bit stupid of you tbh and i'm surprised mods allow this kind of stuff. (Unless swearing on these boards is suddenly cool and allowed again ofc)

heh something didn't get added in post (for my last sentence there which you quoted :P ) no idea what i was gonna say anymore

Last edited by cypher; 12 Mar 2006 at 22:51.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 22:45   #46
jerome

Quote:
also jerome, i KNOW quite a few of asc players are good. however THIS didn't take skill and cept for you i doubt anyone will say otherwise.
Also YOU always failed as a valueplayer which is why you quit mostly remember.. Obviously judging your way of play of previous rounds you DID find this game challenging and hard to play untill this xp round, where it didn't take skill.
i've ended "highly" enough times by now thanks r12/14 were the only rounds i played actively from the start but i didn't have the stamina, yes to keep going as an active planet defending & attacking, i agree with that. again, activity, something i've shown this round as i've had more time, not skill & i've never claimed this was "skill" either, i just believe it was/has been the better play to play pa for a while, especially with no singular alliance screaming ahead through the ranks with value/roids behind them.

Quote:
p.s. YOU shouldn't be asking fish about trolling in this thread as you've basically done nothing but troll on this subject dude... atleast other asc members win it without having to make it look hard or whatever. Take an example from desse etc..... you shouldn't have to lower yourself to this, unless you're taking lessons from max ofc, in which case i am sorry and you are doing fine.

so suddenly calling others retards as you xp whored 1 round and actually did finish high this time is a bit stupid of you tbh and i'm surprised mods allow this kind of stuff. (Unless swearing on these boards is suddenly cool and allowed again ofc)
i've not trolled intentionally like fish has been doing once at all, except that shitty "gutted" post i made in the other thread, i've just been replying to others and highlighting their points, etc. i've always posted aggressively, you must've noticed that even when i was 1up, surely?
what's with the cheap shots? don't pretend i haven't been "high" every round heh, just because i get bored easier and give up doesn't make you any more "skilled", as you seem to be implying a lot, however your definitely a lot more dedicated, i on the other hand am a lazy bastard, yes.
Quote:
also it's funny how you
???
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 22:46   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
jerome didn't actually claim he personally had done well under the value system, he claimed some people in ascendancy had. Also, didn't he come like 15th in r11? And again to emphasise the point, in fact your point, PA doesn't take skill, it takes dedication.

Quote:
also it's funny how you
He's calling the people claiming winning prior to this took skill retards, not everyone en masse. Cursing is allowed, excluding the words in the censor, as long as you're not excessive with it. So for example jerome's post is "okay", but not great and if he kept it up constantly I'd ask him to desist, but going "you ****ing shit ****ing mother****ing dick **** you and the ****ing horse you rode in on, you're ****ing shit and i hope you die" would not be allowed.
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 23:43   #48
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
amusing at the people who try to suggest our members couldn't do as well as value planets. do you think this game is some challenge? get over yourselves you self-elevating retards, we have plenty who have ended in the higher spectrums ranks wise, over and over again. but unlike seemingly you guys, we got bored of that tedious style .
I dare to say that Ascendancy would not do as well as a value-based alliance, playing the same style as other alliances are doing this round, as they are as an mostly xp-based alliance. Fact is, if you were a value-based alliance, it would be possible to take you down.

Call me a self-elevating retard or not, I actually find wars to be the entertaining part of these games. Launching three fleets over and over again at planets just about twice my size an entire round does not look like entertainment to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SH]Valle
]in conclusion, this round sucked from the start. galaxies mean nothing, alliances are pointless. all u need is a very small fleet and scans.
Totally agreed.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 00:28   #49
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Nah actually that isn't true to be fair on Fish - he deleted it before i posted it, I just had it quoted ready to draft. His reasoning behind deleting his post is irrelevant, the fact he posted it in the first place however does and suggests to me it was an open offer, but then he decided he wanted it to be more of a "surprise" but that's just a wild guess.
I knew people had seen it, I was in #public whilst it was being talked about.

On a side note, How would you feel if DLR sneakily added members to its tag and won? How would Ascendancy feel?
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 00:35   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
On a side note, How would you feel if DLR sneakily added members to its tag and won? How would Ascendancy feel?
Grumpy, happy, dopey, sleepy, bashful, sneezy and doc.

Oh look I felt up the seven dwarves!