User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 9 Jan 2020, 00:47   #1
Kez

Kez has a spectacular aura aboutKez has a spectacular aura about
London 2020

As a number of you may know I have set myself a mighty challenge of completing London 2020 marathon in a few months time. I’ve decided to do this for charity, in particular DementiaUK. The reason I chose this charity is because my Nana suffered from Vascular Dementia for a number of years before she died (further information below from a Facebook post for those interested, including explaining difference to the more common Alzheimer’s).

Anyone who has any tips/advice are welcome. I’ve started a training plan and am already ten days into it!!

If anyone would be so kind to make a donation towards it I’ve added my link below - thanks to a few pa players who have already been really kind and contributed towards it - I thank you all and will share my progress - I’ll be sacrificing a lot of time training, plan to stop drinking alcohol from the start of February and am fully committed to achieving the finish line in memory from my Nana

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...erry&pageUrl=3

There is a difference between Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia - some Alzheimer's patients can have medication that helps their cognitive state where as Vascular Dementia patients have a death sentence. They progress backwards to the point where they can't look after themselves and revert to being like a baby. But unlike a newborn they lose the ability to swallow. Then the choice must be made as to provide a feeding tube or not.
Imprisonment in one's own rapidly shrinking brain is how a doctor described it,
I wouldn't wish Vascular Dementia on my worst enemy. As the brain slowly dies, they change physically, become bedridden, can't eat or drink and eventually forget who their loved ones are.
There will be people who will scroll by this message because Dementia has not touched them. They may not know what it's like to have a loved one who has led a battle against Dementia, a cruel illness with no cure and no survivors 😥
Raise awareness for an hour.
Hold your finger on the message to copy it, then paste it on your page.
Do this on behalf of all caregivers who love, have lost or cared for someone with this disease 💔
R64 Terra - defence duties
R65 Faceless - defence duties
R66 Faceless - rank 90 (inactive half of round)
R67 Norseman - Rank 26
R68 Norseman - Rank 19
R69 P3nguins - Rank 22 - Scanner
R74 Faceless - Rank 4
R75 Heresy - Rank 15
R76 RaGe - Rank 4 - defence duties
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote