User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Nov 2004, 01:05   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
What's the law on cinemas?

The fire alarm was set off by some typical "Yes I'm harder than anything hard" thugs at the cinema and around 1000 including my party and myself had to leave the premises and they closed the doors not re-opening.

I'm wondering, since I saw only half of the film and weren't informed or anything, can we legally claim a refund or compensation?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 01:19   #2
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: What's the law on cinemas?

i'd imagine this falls under wider consumer protection laws

it seems fairly reasonable that when you pay to see a film you do infact see a film

-mist
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 02:10   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At the cinemas I've worked in, if the fire alarm went off then yes, you could claim some tickets for that same film, for another performance.

Go along and show them the tickets from the last performance, explain what happened (they would realise that the times correspond) and I'm sure they'd give you some for the same film.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 03:08   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: What's the law on cinemas?

Why didn't you and the other 1000 people just sexually torture then lynch/rip to pieces the people that did it? You could have been a good old fashioned psychotic mob. You could have burned down McDonalds on the way home.

Why?

No, of course not. You had to take the faggotish 'I'm going to sue the cinema' route.

You were all a big pile of shite, and no mistake.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:12   #5
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Why didn't you and the other 1000 people just sexually torture then lynch/rip to pieces the people that did it? You could have been a good old fashioned psychotic mob. You could have burned down McDonalds on the way home.

Why?

No, of course not. You had to take the faggotish 'I'm going to sue the cinema' route.

You were all a big pile of shite, and no mistake.
some bugger else nominate this as a POTW.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:19   #6
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Most cinema's have a full refund policy, cause they make most of their money from food retail rather than cinema tickets, hence if they didn't refund you it could cost them a regular paying customer.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 12:10   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Most cinema's have a full refund policy, cause they make most of their money from food retail rather than cinema tickets, hence if they didn't refund you it could cost them a regular paying customer.
Not to mention if you go again you may well purchase more popcorn/drinks/sweets/mmmm.....nachos.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 12:49   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

you should be able to get a refund. When I watched Independence day at one of the Warner Bros cinemas, the film caught fire just near the end (where they launch the nuke) and I got a refund.

Unread 28 Nov 2004, 13:35   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
you should be able to get a refund. When I watched Independence day at one of the Warner Bros cinemas, the film caught fire just near the end (where they launch the nuke) and I got a refund.
Who needs Dolby Surround Sound when you have that kind of realism?
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 13:55   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
Was this in Leicester (I have no idea if you're even from the UK) as I had to go out early when watching Independence day at a Warner Bros cinema.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:47   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Well I used the excuse that because we didn't even get to see half of the film, they are obligied to give us a full refund or a free admission to film of our choice - it worked
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:57   #12
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Was this in Leicester (I have no idea if you're even from the UK) as I had to go out early when watching Independence day at a Warner Bros cinema.
no, this was york.