User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 May 2007, 12:04   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Job] Application form

I've got a bastard of an application form to complete and i was after some advice if possible.

Question 1:
NEW APPROACHES
Please give an example of how you have approached a situation or problem in a way that iffered from the obvious or expected route, either by producing ideas of your own or by adapting or building on an idea from elsewhere

Now i've done the "What was the issue or problem?", "What was your role?", "What was the outcome?" part but i'm kinda stuck on "What did you learn from it?". What kind of phrases are they looking for? What kind of things SHOULD i have theoretically learned???

Question 2:
COPING IN PRESSURISED SITUATIONS
Please describe an occasion when you felt very pressurised or stressed in a situation, and how you coped. The example should be a situation that involved other people and where the pressure was sustained over a period of time.

Like the first question i've done all the bits leading up to the "What did you learn from it?" bit. So ... what should i have learned from it? Basically i used my initiative to think up an answer to a problem and got it implemented (i.e. im showing i can think under pressure and also take leadership / control of the situation).

For both questions i've got some stuff written down but if anybody has an idea of the exact kind of phrases they're liable to be after i'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Unread 4 May 2007, 12:20   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Job] Application form

I wish I could help but I'm useless at those things.

Someone should write a book detailing what these questions 'mean' and how they are best 'answered'.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 12:29   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A book probably already has been written but i dont currently have access to it. I was hoping somebody here had seen it tho ...
Unread 4 May 2007, 13:02   #4
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

What kinda job is it, that you are applying for?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 13:37   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
IQuestion 1:
NEW APPROACHES
Please give an example of how you have approached a situation or problem in a way that iffered from the obvious or expected route, either by producing ideas of your own or by adapting or building on an idea from elsewhere
I'm assuming that you used having sex with a fat girl as your unexpected solution to the problem you were experiencing, so you can probably talk about how you learned that its superficial to judge people based on whether they have socially approved characteristics, and that true love is something worth pursuing even if you may be mocked by your friends. You should try your best to adapt these answers to the particular job youre going for, so you could say that (eg) the fact that youve transcended your old prejudices about looks would help you to have a fair and non-discriminatory approach to assessing the passport applications of blacks/gays, and that being in love makes you a happier, more outgoing person with a positive attitude towards life and work.

Also, you can mention how your new-found love has caused you to become a more well-rounded person who pursues a wide range of activities and hobbies rather than spending time on the internet catching up with your old IRC friends who have supported you for years and made you the person that you are. Faggot.

Last edited by Nodrog; 4 May 2007 at 13:45.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 13:40   #6
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
NEW APPROACHES
Please give an example of how you have approached a situation or problem in a way that iffered from the obvious or expected route.
I posted on a forum of a sci-fi browsergame to find the answers for these questions

o/

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 14:37   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Also, you can mention how your new-found love has caused you to become a more well-rounded person who pursues a wide range of activities and hobbies rather than spending time on the internet catching up with your old IRC friends who have supported you for years and made you the person that you are. Faggot.
Hay Gordie you want to know something WHACK? Our dear friend Peter also says it's not definite that he can come to the Summer Meet and the reason he's given is HE'S SHORT OF CASH. There aren't enough smileys to represent how I feel! He's definitely dropped to below you in my top 10 internet friends list.

(i'd have replied to you properly dace but your inbox is full up!)
Unread 4 May 2007, 14:47   #8
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Question 1:
NEW APPROACHES
Please give an example of how you have approached a situation or problem in a way that differed from the obvious or expected route, either by producing ideas of your own or by adapting or building on an idea from elsewhere
They just want to know if you can think outside the box. You had a problem, but instead of going with the obvious solution, you tried something different.

Quote:
Question 2:
COPING IN PRESSURISED SITUATIONS
Please describe an occasion when you felt very pressurised or stressed in a situation, and how you coped. The example should be a situation that involved other people and where the pressure was sustained over a period of time.
This one is just them wanting to know whether or not you're going to go mental on them and kill them all with an axe if you get too much stress. I'd go with something on the lines of, "This one time I was working and 3 customers were yelling at me various complaints at the same time and I just let them get it out and didn't let it get to me, I was so calm about it the guy behind them was laughing his ass off at how polite I was being."

I've had both these questions in various forms during quite a few interviews. Working in customer service, the only problem was narrowing down which instances to use as examples.
Unread 4 May 2007, 15:10   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Nod / Tom my computer is still ****ed (i had my mate look at it and after 2 hours of trying to sort it he muttered something about the RAM) so that's why im not online.

As for the meet ... i will try and make it but i don't want you to get your hopes up.
Unread 5 May 2007, 14:31   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

have you tried turning it off and on to fix it?