User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:27   #1
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
Exile

seriously, isn't there some way to improve this? Like re-instating the galaxy password or something? I'm an active player, but this round I started like 900 ticks late. No problem, I thought I could shape my newb galaxy into at least an active bunch of newbs. Instead they hardly ever got online etc, so there was no way for me to get help, def etc etc etc. So now I have exiled twice, and it's gotten progressivelyworse and worse and it's seriously ticking me off. It takes me almost 2 days to save up the 1.6 mill I need to exile, simply to find myself in a galaxy worse then before. Theres plenty of spots up in better galaxies, but thx to the exile system I just get moved around in all the lower galaxies
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 00:12   #2
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough
Re: Exile

agreed. I've got 2 empty spaces in my gal atm, would be nice to see em filled, as i have 1 inactive and 1 closed planet in the gal as well, and we daren't exile them in case we're left with just 6 ppl in a gal.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 08:29   #3
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

I would love to fill those spots, as I'm active etc, but the way this thing works just doesn't make sense. I know it is to prevent powerblocking to an extent with people exiling all the time, but it makes it damn hard for those of us wanting to play an honest decent game.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:05   #4
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

We might need to add the following to the manual:

If you start the game late, then:
- look at www.pilkara.com, press Galaxy Search, search for galaxies with Galaxy Planets Maximum 9 and Sort by score, descending first: this will give you a list of possible galaxies to exile to. Look at the lowest score of the galaxy on the bottom of the list at the first page. This list is 2-3 pages.
- do not spend your resources on roids yet.
- exile as many times as you need to land in a galaxy on the first page.
- then buy roids if you have resources left and set your engineers etc.

Exiling is cheap (2.5k) before your first tick as you have value 0.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:16   #5
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

but its difficult to tell wheither a gal is worth staying in until you've had a bit of a look, which takes time.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:19   #6
Gerbie
pe0n

You are right, but you don't have much time. I always use score as a good indication for activity. High ranked galaxies will get you and your tiny planet attacked a lot less even if the galaxy is inactive.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 10:24   #7
Recluse

cost needs to be looked at too. atm I'm over 500k, so it costs me 1.5 mill M/C/E to exile. I "had" 500 roids, but now I'm getting roided down to like 200, so instead of ~36 hours to exile myself, it will now take ~90 hours to exile, and when I find myself in a galaxy thats as bad/worse then the last, another 90 hours before I can do anything about it.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 10:34   #8
Gerbie
pe0n

Maybe they should make the cost 10k+2*value, so you are more likely to try to make the best of it, but can exile at a reasonable price later in the round.

Tbh. I think they should make different changes to improve the chances of landing in a decent galaxy: do not create new galaxies and clusters for the new players to land (because those galaxies will suck, anyone landing there will quit), instead increase galaxy size (I'm repeating myself soz.).
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 11:03   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm in the same situation Strider2k (well actually i'm in a worse situation as its getting onto costing me 4mill of each to leave) BUT i disagree that the costs need looked at. Costs should be expensive because exiling yourself shouldnt be easy, otherwise people would just hop around the universe trying to find a galaxy nelonging to their alliance and such like.

As for getting roided, i have to say thats very much your own fault, you can get a good score and not get roided in the lower clusters IF you play smart. Most importantly if you make sure you cant be scanned easierly. If people cant scan you they simply wont take the risk.

Anyway gerbie as for your idea of expanding galaxies rather than creating new clusters sounds good on paper, but the reason galaxies are smaller now is to ensure theres enough galaxies to make it fun and I wonder what side effects your idea might have on the gameplay
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 11:18   #10
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I exiled once and ended up lucky but it still cost me

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 11:33   #11
Phant
Meep meep vs. 3.89

Phant is an unknown quantity at this point

How does the exile feature work atm?
Do you have the same chance to end up in any free planet spot in the universe or same chance to end up in any gal with available spot(s)? I guess its option number 1, while number 2 would make the chance to end up in a decent gal better.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 11:45   #12
Recluse

I think the price should be equivelant to, say, 18 or 24 ticks of resources. I can undarstand having to wait, or it being less easy to exile, but the current system is simply horrible. Oh and about my roids wakey: I got those roids so I wouldn't have to wait so long to exile myself :P if you have a high value but low roids, eternity seems like a second compared to how long you haveto wait to build up resources.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 12:26   #13
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

I was in a similar boat a few weeks ago, having lost my entire fleet in a 10hour wave. I was hit so badly, that the salvage i got was enough to have me exile myself 12 times....

Im not in very good gal, but all i've been doing is touring the gals, helping them setup properly. I may move on from my current one soon, as we now have 2 inactives, and 2 empty slots, and 2 semi-inactives.

At 1.4mill of each res a go though, it may not be worth it until they sort it out.

Either they need to move around and merge some of the semi-filled gals in c40+ or they need to sort the exile function out so that say it fills to the first available slot in the the universe. Though that could be abused, i'd prefer a bit of exile abuse to seeing active players quit cos they've been put in an inactive gal in c40+ and roided to death, with no feasable return.