User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 May 2004, 17:54   #101
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Official Phraktos Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I've always expressed my feelings about a possible war between fang and phraktos. I just dislike the way it is happening yet nonetheless I'll have fun fighting this war. Believe whatever you want m8.
I was spotting some inconsistencies that have come across from you and FAnG to the forums at large.

I hope you have fun fighting this war. Had you initialised combat things could be much much different for FAnG - they'd have the respect they seem to constantly desire on this forums, justify their arrogance had they won such a conflict and certainly (in my mind) deserve to lose this round, because they've failed to make positive moves to try and win the round, unlike Phraktos although this is a case of 'better late than never' in their case. Should you lose, I'd think you'ld live to regret not making such a decision.

Booooooo
Unread 8 May 2004, 18:17   #102
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Lokken, do you honnestly believe they declared a war cause they wanted to make this a better round for the other alliances? They did it to become #1.
What positive moves could we have made anyway Lokken? backstab our allies?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 18:44   #103
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

must i quote you kj where you admit giving a damn about allies and the community anyways ?
If Phraktos were remotely close to a chance outgrowing you, you would have taken actions.
Especially with all those sentiments against them you name all the time it would be an easy step.
However there was no need to do so and you decided to play it save.
That phratkos gave it now a shot, is neither a surprise nor backstabbing, since you knew it was coming all the way long-
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 18:55   #104
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

I think its very very sad that phraktos are haemoraging members now they took this brave step, proof that it was never going to be in the interests of any of the 3 to break off.

Very sad.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 18:58   #105
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
must i quote you kj where you admit giving a damn about allies and the community anyways ?
If Phraktos were remotely close to a chance outgrowing you, you would have taken actions.
Especially with all those sentiments against them you name all the time it would be an easy step.
However there was no need to do so and you decided to play it save.
That phratkos gave it now a shot, is neither a surprise nor backstabbing, since you knew it was coming all the way long-
I'm not HC, Focht. Yes I give a rats arse about other alliances their community, I doubt they would give something about ours. That's not meant to be insulting or negative, it's human nature tbh. Doesn't stop me from liking several allies and having friends in several alliances.

Yes we played it safe, that's the only thing you can rightfully blame us for. we expected them to do it since their chat end of March with Ely etc. It' s not a surprise, yet it still is backstabbing, Focht. If they only had given us an official 24 hours and given us their TRUE reason for doing this, which would be ending #1, then I doubt there would have been much fuzz about it.

Also, they try to take our big members aswell. Yet some pple praize them for their courage and their noble actions? What actions? attacking an ally so you could end #1? or deleting your planets when it seems they'd lose roids?
Or do you actually believe they started this war to make the last 2 weeks more fun for the rest?

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 May 2004, 19:00   #106
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Lokken, do you honnestly believe they declared a war cause they wanted to make this a better round for the other alliances? They did it to become #1.
Rob's post should give you the answer about this. Even if you see Phraktos as 'backstabbing' it's highly understandable because hey, they want to win. If you won't attack people purely on the basis of 'honour' that's really quite poor.

I doubt they give a shite about what people rant about and for the 'good of the game'. But I've consistently maintained that alliances should go for a win if the option is open to them, and it has been for some time. So in that respect, hats off to them.
Unread 8 May 2004, 19:10   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Rob's post should give you the answer about this. Even if you see Phraktos as 'backstabbing' it's highly understandable because hey, they want to win. If you won't attack people purely on the basis of 'honour' that's really quite poor.

I doubt they give a shite about what people rant about and for the 'good of the game'. But I've consistently maintained that alliances should go for a win if the option is open to them, and it has been for some time. So in that respect, hats off to them.
I agree and I would have done the same. But they give us tons of other reasons for their actions and they poached members aswell etc ...

So at what point could FAnG have done a good move? We were already #1, what can we do so you could respect us? attack the #2 so we could run further ahead? or ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 May 2004, 19:16   #108
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

you named it yourself, kj.
you could have attacked the #2 and im sure you could have found reasons for that aswell....

-anti stagnation, living up to the shit you preached the last 2 rounds while beeing in the losing camp.
-showing phratkos its limits for beeing bad allies
-having the guts to help your members getting another fight (fun?)

to name just 3 i could think of in less then a minute.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 19:16   #109
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS

i hope all others join you !!!
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 19:26   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
you named it yourself, kj.
you could have attacked the #2 and im sure you could have found reasons for that aswell....

-anti stagnation, living up to the shit you preached the last 2 rounds while beeing in the losing camp.
-showing phratkos its limits for beeing bad allies
-having the guts to help your members getting another fight (fun?)

to name just 3 i could think of in less then a minute.
none of those are real reasons tbh.

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 May 2004, 19:37   #111
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

To me it just seems like phrak declared war and went to bed. Was this maybe the plan? :P
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 19:38   #112
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

I applaud you Phraktos. And I hope like hell Mistu will join you, just to make it a decent fight. Best Of Luck.

Phraktos have done their bit, let's just hope Mistu don't join the wrong side for a one way war.
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 19:47   #113
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

heh decent fight? they've already lost, heh.
Unread 8 May 2004, 20:04   #114
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Adastra : You really dont have a right to whine that phraktos did not give you "enough warning" before attacking. Whether the agreement that FPM had with WP was "official" or not, there was still a NAP of sorts. And WP didn't get any notice at all, we had to have sources come tell us a few hours before the first waves that war was coming. At least Phraktos said they were going to war (and since you obviously sided with FAnG I would think it would be pretty obvious that they would be at war with you too)
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 20:13   #115
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
I think its very very sad that phraktos are haemoraging members now they took this brave step, proof that it was never going to be in the interests of any of the 3 to break off.

Very sad.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 20:15   #116
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Phraktos have done their bit, let's just hope Mistu don't join the wrong side for a one way war.
Join the wrong side? You call an alliance who declares war, goes to bed, then watches their players delete/get cnutted the right side?
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 21:30   #117
god113
Ex-Player

*smiles* Yay I got a reply.

I meant in terms of a fair fight and with stagnation in mind. I mean, FM kill P easy, where's the fun..
Unread 8 May 2004, 21:31   #118
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice
Angry Re: Official Phraktos Statement

Quote:
Are you daft? Of course they want to win. You dont win silver you lose gold.
And mistu, fcuks sake bronze is like the worst thing ever... I'd rather be 10 than 3
Do something dont just sit there with your arms far up your ****hole

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 21:37   #119
god113
Ex-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
heh decent fight? they've already lost, heh.
You will have to excuse me for not knowing details of what is going on, but you get the idea of my reply, was just a tad late I mean, if I had said 'Mistu should go with Phraktos' before ownage, then it would be accurate. Okay, whatever *runs away*
Unread 8 May 2004, 21:44   #120
Helix

Wow, I think this little stint phraktos has started has shown the true quality of them as an alliance. It is understood that they might lose some members when going into a war like this...but I mean, come on, they have lost damn near 15 members in a night. That is just sad. While I still think that Mistu really doesn't have a spine and is basically acting as lap dog to FAnG, I think they have much more of a spine than phraktos. Declaring war is all well and good, but then deleting and quitting etc... that is just bad
Unread 8 May 2004, 23:27   #121
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

tbh this is to little to late.
There is no way they can make a difference now.
if they had done this say 2-3 weeks ago then maybe they would have stood a chance, as some of the enemie alliiances might have still been alive.
Phraktos just did this so they can pretend to be the honourable alliance who split up the block, oh and to attempt to get #1.
Unread 9 May 2004, 00:05   #122
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Y'all need to get a grip on this "honour" and "backstabbing" crap. It's a fkin war game, who gives a rats ass who's hitting who as long as get some action :P

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 00:11   #123
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This game is a ****ing joke. It's no longer even a game.
Unread 9 May 2004, 02:05   #124
Lord Angmar
Visionary

Lord Angmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If you are so honourable and such saints for breaking up this evil block, why did you suddenly do it, instead of giving a 24 hour notice before launching any fleets? That (I thought) was standard practice, an unofficial rule in PA. This rubbish about "FAnG are going to backstab us!!11" - who told you that? Some banter in a public channel? Come on. They're #1, they don't need to backstab you. You however...
Oh wah wah wah, omg the nasty ally is attacking us, and didnt give us warning!!

honestly, do you expect "war" to be all nice, happy days and free flowers for all ?? Though this is a game, i thought the idea of a war was to win it, not to pander to the opposing forces.
Lord Angmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 02:09   #125
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Angmar
i thought the idea of a war was to win it
Tell that to the Phraktos planets deleting themselves. Including thread starter Krush.
Unread 9 May 2004, 02:19   #126
Sar'Khanem'Nor
Wanderer

Sar'Khanem'Nor is an unknown quantity at this point

It was clear that this would happen throughout the whole round. Phraktos showed often enough that they were not trustable, and they made it obvious enough for us to expect it. Yet i dont see the sense in them doing so. Now they finally have shown their true face in public - and they fall. So if they were up to winning at all costs they now have shown their inability to do so in spite of them backstabbing FAnG. With this late and senseless declaration they prepared their own death. I consider this is what they have earned, cause in contrast to my previous speakers i dont like the easiest way: i think honour and trust are thoughts which one can easily drop, but without some people believing in them pa would be nothing but a game for sneaky children. pa has reached a level where it not only costs money, but also a huge amount of peoples time. a game played with such motivation needs to follow certain rules, even unwritten ones which the community made up. finally they will lose this round - not only from the moral aspect.
Sar'Khanem'Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 02:20   #127
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

mmm well Fang + Mistu have benifited well out of this.

#1 and #2 respectively.

and Phraktos have dropped to #3.

/me wonders if Mistu will go for #1 spot ( Don't be stupid!)
Unread 9 May 2004, 02:30   #128
Sar'Khanem'Nor
Wanderer

Sar'Khanem'Nor is an unknown quantity at this point

and Phraktos have dropped to #3....

if you would take a look at universe screen before posting you would see that this is not correct at the current point of time.
Sar'Khanem'Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 02:34   #129
lokken
BlueTuba

booo at Phraktos being carp

:((((
Unread 9 May 2004, 03:31   #130
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't believe some of these posts.

Some of you actually consider Phraktos some saintly alliance, here to promote fair play and reduce stagnation? Come ON! Do you really believe that was the reason they declared war (then launched 2 minutes later) ?

They did it because they are not content with second place. FAnG are superior (as much as AD hates them) and are in #1. And Phraktos didn't like it.

Those who are going "well done phraktos, you've saved the round!!11" are terrible naive. Read between the lines. Think about it for more than a second.The supposed intel about FAnG wanting to backstab is rubbish - they'd have nothing to gain by it. Phraktos however, have everything to gain by it.

Anyway, it looks like the round has been decided. Phraktos has given up, less than 24 hours after declaring war. FAnG have gained that long-awaited #1 spot that they have been trying for rounds to get, and MISTU - the new alliance - has gained #2. I'm MISTU and I'm very happy with that. We are less than 6 months old, and yet are a top alliance.

But hey - let's not count our chickens. There's still 2 more weeks.
Unread 9 May 2004, 03:33   #131
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Phrak made a good move no matter the motives or the timing in the round. Would have been a fun 2 weeks. To bad they went to sleep after they launched.
Unread 9 May 2004, 03:38   #132
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
I MISTU - the new alliance - has gained #2. I'm MISTU and I'm very happy with that. We are less than 6 months old, and yet are a top alliance.
Mistu are a bunch of awsome players and will be a force to be reckoned with for a long while. Great round guys.

lo sven
Unread 9 May 2004, 03:57   #133
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I can't believe some of these posts.
Anyway, it looks like the round has been decided. Phraktos has given up, less than 24 hours after declaring war. FAnG have gained that long-awaited #1 spot that they have been trying for rounds to get, and MISTU - the new alliance - has gained #2. I'm MISTU and I'm very happy with that. We are less than 6 months old, and yet are a top alliance.

But hey - let's not count our chickens. There's still 2 more weeks.
Indeed, Mistu has gained #2 but not really through much effort on their part. You have good players yes, but you have hardly been tested whatsoever this round. Its extremely hard to rate you until you've actually come under abit of pressure.

Phraktos are just s***

But anyway, will Mistu actually show themselves as a top alliance next round? Or are you going to enter the round with the only other currently powerful alliance in the game?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 04:16   #134
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Indeed, Mistu has gained #2 but not really through much effort on their part.
Since when has that been reason for not having claim to a top position in the game? Our opponents had ample opportunity to strike back - just because we dominated early isn't cause to say it's undeserved (I know I'm twisting your words here, but that is how I interpreted your post).

r7 Fury hardly had it hard, they claimed top
r8 Titans/LDK claimed top, they had it relatively easy too as the round was random (LDK loves those random rounds...)
r9 ET won in the end, but I wouldn't say it was a particularly difficult round either for us
r9.5 LDK won (lol free planets, gotta love LDK and their farms/multis) - not difficult as people were still knackered after round 9.
r10 Ely won - heh - i won't even comment on that
Unread 9 May 2004, 06:22   #135
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

funny, people coaxed Phraktos into thier death. Out witted them to fight FAnG for no reason. Now that they are dead. You see people now trying to turn Mistu. Come on dudes. Let it go....
Unread 9 May 2004, 08:09   #136
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO, those Phraktos members who actually do stay to fight against the odds, and DON'T delete at the first sign of uncovered incs, deserve all the respect they get. Those who deleted or quit so quickly though, have lost my respect (I understand some who would have swapped sides because of decent reasons, but to delete because of incs? Pffft).

However, this almost instantaneous destruction of Phraktos does, however, show that FAnG/MISTU haven't had a tough time at all... Phraktos had an average higher score than MISTU, yet this was clearly not because they were the best alliance out there, but because of the ease with which the FPM(W) powerblock was able to obliterate its opponents, who it massively outnumbered, one by one. Phraktos as a whole were clearly not prepared for a proper war, and if only alliances like ND had have seen the huge advantages FPM had at the beginning and joined the other side, then perhaps this round would have been fun

[ND]Gate... Some random pe0n
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 08:35   #137
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
... , then perhaps this round would have been fun
That Implies this round wasn't fun. I had fun this round. There were plenty of roids available through the way free planets were set up. Even with my tiny planet I could make a significant contribution in attacks against top gals and planets, both in attacks (though we hardly ever landed there) and defence (we could cover a lot there).
The political situation was fun. All that complaining and whining on these boards is just a means to try and get FMP(W) to split. Which happened (as always).
My tiny alliance did well and so did a lot of other smaller alliances (my compliments to Valhala!).
Ofcourse there was room for improvement too, but this forum is not for that.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 09:16   #138
Helix

hmmm, I wonder if there are any people left in phraktos that have any power over the ingame alliance tag, would be funny if there are no people left with any power over that.
Unread 9 May 2004, 09:37   #139
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful move by wonderful HC )
Unread 9 May 2004, 11:09   #140
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

lets start playing again then

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 11:16   #141
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

HC can't quit without leaving another HC behind. in other words, for there to be no power over the phraktos tag, every single member would have to leave it...
Unread 9 May 2004, 11:34   #142
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Since when has that been reason for not having claim to a top position in the game? Our opponents had ample opportunity to strike back - just because we dominated early isn't cause to say it's undeserved (I know I'm twisting your words here, but that is how I interpreted your post).

r7 Fury hardly had it hard, they claimed top
r8 Titans/LDK claimed top, they had it relatively easy too as the round was random (LDK loves those random rounds...)
r9 ET won in the end, but I wouldn't say it was a particularly difficult round either for us
r9.5 LDK won (lol free planets, gotta love LDK and their farms/multis) - not difficult as people were still knackered after round 9.
r10 Ely won - heh - i won't even comment on that
You missed my point Mr TomKat.

r7 was much harder than this round for Fury. (We actually have some opposition for starters. You got pushed for defence for one night this entire round didn't you?) And r9, well the fact there were three wars goes to speak volumes for this one - perhaps the first two werent exactly fair (more due to Vvomm's inability to organize), but the third was most definately more difficult for Eclipse/ToT. All in all I would say the alliances in those rounds worked a damn lot harder.

But you already know this really. B for Effort though.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:09   #143
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

funny outcome
you talk about phraktos planet that are staying phraktos while krush the one that wanted this war for over a month now deleted hisself....

Phraktos have been played, they bought it, they fell.

Phraktos was the worst alliance ever.. noone cared about anything but their own planets.
Pity they had to fall for people telling them FAnG would backstab them. and that mistu was prolly staying with FAnG

From what some of us discussed we all know that it is bullshit, FAnG has been very easy and gentle on Phraktos and still they try to take FAnG on instead of Finishing the round and try again in rnd 11.
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:55   #144
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
What if FAnG wanted mistu to have second spot wouldn't that give FAnG a reason to backstab Phraktos afterall its public knowledge that FAnG & Mistu will be working together next round
When was this decided and why wasn't I notified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS GO PHRAKTOS

i hope all others join you !!!
There won't be anything left of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
Adastra : You really dont have a right to whine that phraktos did not give you "enough warning" before attacking. Whether the agreement that FPM had with WP was "official" or not, there was still a NAP of sorts. And WP didn't get any notice at all, we had to have sources come tell us a few hours before the first waves that war was coming. At least Phraktos said they were going to war (and since you obviously sided with FAnG I would think it would be pretty obvious that they would be at war with you too)
There was a gentleman's agreement of mutual avoidance. When WP were party to an (unsuccessful) many-wave attack on ada's and my own galaxy MISTU took this as WP wishing to no longer honour the agreement. Personally I have many friendship ties with WP, but you can't mix business with pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
Wow, I think this little stint phraktos has started has shown the true quality of them as an alliance. It is understood that they might lose some members when going into a war like this...but I mean, come on, they have lost damn near 15 members in a night. That is just sad. While I still think that Mistu really doesn't have a spine and is basically acting as lap dog to FAnG, I think they have much more of a spine than phraktos. Declaring war is all well and good, but then deleting and quitting etc... that is just bad
Acting as a lapdog? What do you know of MISTU-FAnG relations?

Quote:
Indeed, Mistu has gained #2 but not really through much effort on their part. You have good players yes, but you have hardly been tested whatsoever this round. Its extremely hard to rate you until you've actually come under abit of pressure.
You know how hard it is to get a new alliance off the ground Zhil. Unlike Eclipse, MISTU did not inherit any sort of memberbase. Our struggle may not have been a military one, but to say we didn't put in effort I find disappointing.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 12:57   #145
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames

Personally I have many friendship ties with WP, but you can't mix business with pleasure.
And I just thought, it was a game.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 15:02   #146
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
And now ofc you expect us to be thankfull for living up the game? I have almost no ships and 200 roids. Half my galaxy has quit or went inactive by now. It's a little late to backstab only now.
/me laughs about Gerbie

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:18   #147
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames

You know how hard it is to get a new alliance off the ground Zhil. Unlike Eclipse, MISTU did not inherit any sort of memberbase. Our struggle may not have been a military one, but to say we didn't put in effort I find disappointing.
You don't expect people to believe that do you? Mistu were hardly built from the ground up this round. You already had many bonds already forged and a core membership. When Eclipse disbanded, that helped you even more.

Also, I think you misunderstand my point really. I know very well that you and adastra have put effort into Mistu, but is hardly a great achievement considering the easy ride you've had.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 May 2004, 16:52   #148
Tomkat

Quote:
You don't expect people to believe that do you? Mistu were hardly built from the ground up this round. You already had many bonds already forged and a core membership. When Eclipse disbanded, that helped you even more.
It was built from the ground-up actually Zhil. You weren't around at the beginning of the round, so don't presume to claim you know what happened. The people in mistu private channels when it started were those who knew each other in real life. We took in players from all areas. It wasn't a case of going "now Fury is disbanded, fancy coming to Eclipse where all your friends will be?".

In a round where the number of new players is minimal, and most others are settled nicely into their own alliances, a new alliance is difficult to forge. Phraktos took mainly ex-Dragons, but MISTU had no core to draw from. Eclipse only disbanded a week or two before this round started.
Unread 9 May 2004, 17:28   #149
lokken
BlueTuba

Isn't MISTU some kind of 'wing' of some shape
Unread 9 May 2004, 17:58   #150
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Isn't MISTU some kind of 'wing' of some shape
MISTU was a group of players playing in either a private galaxy or a battle group on the Fury/Eclipse side since R4.

At the end of R10 adastra, Fork and myself decided to leave Eclipse and run MISTU as an alliance in its own right.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote