User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 17 Jun 2020, 07:07   #1
UltimateNewbie

UltimateNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Attention needed

Hey folks,

Just logging some issues here.. I'm aware that there are other posts but a huge list of broken things with not much being done isn't a good place to put other issues!

Calc:
Chromium browsers (that's almost everything except FireFox) cant handle the import function of the calc, I assume this is a JQuery issue as manually loading the most recent version of JQuery breaks other functionality.

To be clear, adding fleets from in-game to the calc using the "add to last active battle calc" button is a task in itself. This is super important, don't suggest new browsers or pasting the scan links because that's a workaround and not a solid fix

PA skins are outdated
Many of us use browser injection for custom PA skins, the selection available isn't great.
I've already initiated a conversation with mPulse and Fiery to get a new skin onto PA based on some custom CSS (inspired by Leshy). Any admins or players with a bit of sway in the community that can push the right people towards getting a new skin on there ASAP. It would be great if we aim to launch this with the new round, I have the CSS ready to go and just need someone with a access to set this up (I am unable to access #support from my location due to netgamers G-lining Indonesian IP addresses).

Scan highlighting
Quite a basic one, please add the native PA classes (.mission_defend and .mission_attack) to the table rows on jumpgate scans for the hostile/friendly fleets. Could even add a blank table row between ETA's too for added clarity.

A lot of us add the classes with browser run scripts anyway, but everyone should experience this:

I'll add more, but for now this list is in priority order and I don't want to spam/overload the wonderful people who have the abilities to put this in place.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by UltimateNewbie; 17 Jun 2020 at 07:34.
UltimateNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2020, 12:18   #2
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Attention needed

The calc issue appears to be chromium being "helpful". The relevant error is:
Quote:
A window.confirm() dialog generated by this page was suppressed because this page is not the active tab of the front window. Please make sure your dialogs are triggered by user interactions to avoid this situation.
Interestingly, if the browser console is open in the target tab when you use the "Add to bcalc" link, there is no error and it works as expected so I guess they want to hide this behaviour from developers.

I suspect the only way around it would be to present the ships dialog as part of the page, or skip it altogether. Google does like to break things - They claim this is the same in Firefox, but as you indicated the implementation is much friendlier there.

ETA: same behaviour (including "it works it the developer pane is open") confirmed on chromium Edge, so that's not one of the things MS fixed.

Last edited by Pit; 17 Jun 2020 at 12:25.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2020, 21:24   #3
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateNewbie View Post
I am unable to access #support from my location due to netgamers G-lining Indonesian IP addresses
NetGamers shouldn't have any blanket Indonesia ban. If you can share the messages you get on connection that might help (PM if you prefer).
Unread 7 Jul 2020, 18:52   #4
UltimateNewbie

UltimateNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
NetGamers shouldn't have any blanket Indonesia ban. If you can share the messages you get on connection that might help (PM if you prefer).
[01:34] == - Welcome to Netgamers IRC - this server is --LINK--
[01:34] == - Location: Roubaix, FR
[01:34] == - Server administrator: webvictim <--LINK-->
[01:34] == -
[01:34] == - Open ports: 6667, 7000, 8080
[01:34] == - SSL ports: 6697
[01:34] == - This server also supports IPv6.
[01:34] == - For assistance with our channel/nick services bot, P, please /join #cservice
[01:34] == - For issues with connectivity or abuse of the network, please /join #feds
[01:34] == - Have a great time on the network.
[01:34] == End of /MOTD command.
[01:34] --LINK-- on 1 ca 1(4) ft 10(10)
[01:34] == Usermode change: +iz
[01:34] -hopm- You are now being scanned for open proxies. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
[01:34] D [--LINK--] requested CTCP VERSION from Ultimate:
[01:34] == DNSBL listed. Check --LINK--
[01:34] == ERROR: Closing Link: Ultimate by --LINK-- (G-lined (DNSBL listed. Check --LINK--))
[01:34] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.

Note that every URL had to be changed to --LINK-- to allow this to post, because this forum has a minimum 15 posts before you can add URLs..

if it helps, im also on a mobile hotspot in the middle of nowhere so it may be a provider ban on the telkomsel network (netgamers checks against a list of blacklisted IPs)
UltimateNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2020, 17:29   #5
Pit
Hole in the ground

The issue with adding scans to bcalcs in chromium-based browsers is now fixed
Unread 31 Jul 2020, 13:31   #6
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Excellent!
Many thanks.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote