User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:20   #151
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of
Re: 40 Days of Infallible Proofs

I'm sure Trav is laughing up the Anglican sleeve of his vestment.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 17:30   #152
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
I'm sure Trav is laughing up the Anglican sleeve of his vestment.
People keep on saying this about trolls, and I don't really get it.

What's so amusing as everyone thinking you're a bit of a thicky?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:47   #153
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Its backwards to say that mathematics is true because it follows from axioms; the axioms (and formal system) were invented after the fact in order to ground results which were largely already known.
Perhaps it would be better to say that mathematics is true as a brute fact and that the axioms are merely manifestations of our awareness of mathematics?

That sounds rather platonic doesn't it?
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:52   #154
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
What's so amusing as everyone thinking you're a bit of a thicky?
Give 'everybody' a prize then. I am I'm me. Maybe if I was 'I am what I am', things would be different.

Ignorance is bliss. I don’t take myself seriously. This makes me stupidly happy. You?
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:54   #155
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Give 'everybody' a prize then. I am I'm me. Maybe if I was 'I am what I am', things would be different.

Ignorance is bliss. I don’t take myself seriously. This makes me stupidly happy. You?
You seem to be operating under some rather strange assumptions there.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:29   #156
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Eh?
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:41   #157
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You seem to be operating under some rather strange assumptions there.
Indeed. Misread.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 06:45   #158
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
MrL_JaKiri, why do you even bother to respond? Read his posts, does he seem reasonable? I don't understand why people feel the need to try and reason with a person who has his fingers in his ears. Do you like talking to walls much? The man's clearly acting like a sociopath with a troubled worldview, hanging onto his indefensible belief for all its worth. Even if Travler were not a Christian, he'd still be an asshole, commandeering conversations with self importance, he would still be unreasonable, he would still be a jackass. He would probably be a Sony fanboy or a fanatical sports enthusiast. It's a personality issue, I think.
Very True. I was once asked by a proffessor not to dominate a discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I believe that ultimately, whatever we end up believing does rest in uncertainty, because whatever we as humans end up observing, and up inferring from those observations, it's not ever going to be enough. It will not explain our lives, or our experience of our lives rather, entirely. I think at somepoint in our lives, many of us recognize that answers are not going to happen, and then at point, and any point in the future when we consider it again, we make a choice. We chose to make sense out of it anyway, but it will always be in our minds that we don't know. What is death? What is life? Forget what happened before the big bang, what happened before I was born? Where was I? How did I begin? Where did I come from. And oh my god, I'm going end someday, return to that state, or nonstate, I was in before my birth. And that's ****ing scary to me sometimes. Only sometimes, because other times I'm not thinking about it.
This world is the dream. Reality is what happens after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Experience seems fleeting, somehow it is so incredibly visceral and real, but then as time passes and you see your actions become a second old, a minute old, a day, a week, a month, years old, it can seem like a dream. Somewhere inbetween my fears and my frustrations I get a sense of something permanent and reassuring. Something big, something powerful, and stable. Sometimes I think that is God. That is where I find God. It's not out there in that world I am experiencing, but it is internal, and more than likely it is just something within me and not anything 'real' or of the 'real world.'
Psychologist would call this "Health Shame."
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
My understanding of God is not challenged by the existence of dinosaur bones, it is not troubled by evolution, or by the lack of design in the universe. It is not affected by anything I hear or see or touch, because it is 100% internal. There is a gulf between the observer in us, and the observation. In order for it to be bridged it requires something like a suspension of disbelief. We accept what we see, it comes so natural that you have to realize that you are doing it. What the f*ck is a human being? Two arms, two feet, two eyes, a nose and it seems right. You look in the mirror and you don't see some strange gooey organism/monster that moves on it's own, you see a familiar shape, a familiar face. That sense of familiarity with our world, with what we are is based on what? Look at the way we depict monsters and ghosts, and aliens. The shapes, and the design, it's all unfamiliar. It's not the two arms, it's not the two legs, it's something else. My immediate point is we are comfortable with 'familiarity' but that familiarity we have with our experience, with ourselves is based on our willingness to accept what we see. And I don't. It's not solipism. I'm not adopting the point of view that only I exist and that nothing I observe is real, I'm simply not crossing that gulf blindly. And sometimes, this thing I feel inside, this thing I call God, it seems more real to me than anything I might observe with my five senses on the other side of this gulf. It is with me, part of the observer.
Many religeons call this the "Spark of Life." The Bible also supports this belief with passages through the new testament. Here is one example of God benig in you:
Colossians 2 (New International Version)
8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
The ultimate point is, that Travler goes too far. Like so many other fanatical 'my way or no way' single minded people in this world, I see a lack of introspection, I see an inability to discern, to question. Travler's experience may be as real to him as mine is to me, but his mistake is that he brings it to places where it doesn't work. He requires that what is observed be reconciled with his God, nay that his God explains what he is observing. It's a mistake, I think.
I only go as far as the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I know my ideas are unlearned, I haven''t read philosophy yet, I read history and fiction. So excuse me if whatever I've said is offensive to you or obtuse, it probably is.
This is the first post you have made that has made sense to me. I took a class in college about difference religeons and the similarities between them. From the proffessor of that course is where I got the phrase "Spark of Life" which is basically God in us.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 06:50   #159
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
I have seen the light now. Im enlightened so much that i was struck with a vision of the infallible proof in day 5.

freakinlupin
After reading this post I am going to end the whole 40 days thing as days 1-20 are now able to be viewed at one time. The "jig is up" and any attempt to conceal the true authorship of these points would be fruitless. I will try to post the remaing days as soon as possible but at the time of this posting I am really tired and cannot keep my eyes open.

Unread 17 Jul 2006, 08:08   #160
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wait, so you actually just copy and pasted those arguments from another site without making any changes whatsoever? I hope this thread gets your account banned for the sheer worthlessness that your posts bring to this forum; even DavidBrahm didnt try to pass off other people's stuff as his own.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 08:27   #161
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I do wonder how this idea of passing off other peoples work as your own without credit relates to your supposedly high and mighty Christian moral values?

Of course its hardly child molestation...
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 08:47   #162
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Travler has said he has a bachelor degree, but he didn't want to say from where he got it. I wonder what kind of school he went to where they didn't instruct him about plagarism.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:57   #163
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

he probably bought it from the internet.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 17:14   #164
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 40 Days of Indefatigable Copying and Pasting

I love the new title. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
After reading this post I am going to end the whole 40 days thing as days 1-20 are now able to be viewed at one time. The "jig is up" and any attempt to conceal the true authorship of these points would be fruitless. I will try to post the remaing days as soon as possible but at the time of this posting I am really tired and cannot keep my eyes open.
You have been dishonest this entire thread. You completely lied when you said WHY you were doing it for 40 days. Plagarism is dishonesty. You are a terrible amabassador of Christianity. Christianity is about morality (and control), but you are about attention whoring and trolling. Is this what Jesus would do?

Last edited by s|k; 17 Jul 2006 at 17:20.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 23:49   #165
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

As much as I agree with you Travler about the existance of a God, you're wasting your time on these people.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 00:50   #166
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I love the new title. <3

You have been dishonest this entire thread. You completely lied when you said WHY you were doing it for 40 days. Plagarism is dishonesty. You are a terrible amabassador of Christianity. Christianity is about morality (and control), but you are about attention whoring and trolling. Is this what Jesus would do?
Post #1 Stated that I would be presenting 40 reasons why I believe in Jesus. Never did I say they were authored by myself. I agree with these reasons and by not posting who the author was I can understand why you feel deceived. The author will be revealed shortly.

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 01:10   #167
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Post #1 Stated that I would be presenting 40 reasons why I believe in Jesus. Never did I say they were authored by myself. I agree with these reasons and by not posting who the author was I can understand why you feel deceived. The author will be revealed shortly.
I don't think anyone but you has any doubt that what you did in these thread was dishonest. Since you've started this thread your neg rep has gone from one red blob to many, and that has not been the work of just a couple of people. I predicted this would end with you losing all your credibility, and I believe that has come to pass. You say that you believe in these reasons, but I don't believe you've ever even read any of it until you pasted them. You've also not shown that you understand any of the replies and counter arguments other people have presented, much less your 'own' words. You are just a crazy and out of control forum troll.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 01:10   #168
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

oh, the suspense is killing me! maybe it was god himself who scribed these truly poetic proofs of his existence.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 01:23   #169
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Christianity is such a bore after you stopped the witch hunt and burning people and crusades (oh wait, that did not stop am i rite?)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 02:25   #170
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

The biggest problem with Travelers argument is:

1. He has a redundant argument which he believes proves something.

He uses newtons laws (of equal and opposite reaction) then he uses what he claimes to be universaly except "cause and effect"

Cause and effect and equal and opposite reaction are very simular points, the point being something causes something else.

None of those arguments prove that a god is the cause, and even if this argument could be beleived, it doesnt explain how god could not only be cause, but (as the assumption of this argument goes) the effect of some unkown. What cause effected God into existance? Or did he always exist, if he always existed, then newtons laws and cause and effect relationships are obviously based on incorrect assumptions. If they are based on incorrect assumptions, they are incorrect. Which would mean choosing them to support the beleive in a god would be rediculous.

Secondly, just becuase something has to "cause" an "effect" (under the assumptions travler has laid out) that doesnt mean that God has to be the cause.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 02:31   #171
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Traveler why was jesus born in bethlehem?

edit, i mean like why the mid east? its full of semites who take things far too seriously. Did jesus choose his mum or was it random? Did he throw a cosmic dart at a map or was mary special?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 02:57   #172
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I don't think anyone but you has any doubt that what you did in these thread was dishonest. Since you've started this thread your neg rep has gone from one red blob to many, and that has not been the work of just a couple of people. I predicted this would end with you losing all your credibility, and I believe that has come to pass. You say that you believe in these reasons, but I don't believe you've ever even read any of it until you pasted them. You've also not shown that you understand any of the replies and counter arguments other people have presented, much less your 'own' words. You are just a crazy and out of control forum troll.
Your right. I am just a worthless piece of crap. I wish I was dead. Everything I do turns to shit. Jesus was perfect but I am no where even close. Take me now God, take me now. Sorry I am such a poor example of Christianity. You all deserve so much better. If you are reading this and you have not neg-repped me already please do so. Show me what garbage I really am. I am trash. I am stupid. I am illogical. I am unreasonable. I don't notice anything anyone says or writes. I desearve to die and burn in hell for all eternity for being such a moron and an idiot. Your all right and I am wrong. Wrong for believing that life was more than pain. Wrong for believing that one day my suffering would end. Wrong for believing in a loving God and that Jesus really died for someone like me. I am just another sinner doomed to failure. I curse myself for being such a fool. I hope you all have happy, productive, prosperous lives and never experience pain, sorrow, or misery. I hope your lives are filled with love, laughter, and light. I hope you all find the truth and and meaning in your lives. I hope you all discover you own purpose for living.

I'll just go back to chanting my mantra:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, nobody likes me, everybody hates me....

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 04:38   #173
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Your right. I am just a worthless piece of crap. I wish I was dead. Everything I do turns to shit. Jesus was perfect but I am no where even close. Take me now God, take me now. Sorry I am such a poor example of Christianity. You all deserve so much better. If you are reading this and you have not neg-repped me already please do so. Show me what garbage I really am. I am trash. I am stupid. I am illogical. I am unreasonable. I don't notice anything anyone says or writes. I desearve to die and burn in hell for all eternity for being such a moron and an idiot. Your all right and I am wrong. Wrong for believing that life was more than pain. Wrong for believing that one day my suffering would end. Wrong for believing in a loving God and that Jesus really died for someone like me. I am just another sinner doomed to failure. I curse myself for being such a fool. I hope you all have happy, productive, prosperous lives and never experience pain, sorrow, or misery. I hope your lives are filled with love, laughter, and light. I hope you all find the truth and and meaning in your lives. I hope you all discover you own purpose for living.

I'll just go back to chanting my mantra:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, nobody likes me, everybody hates me....
These people sit on a computer all day and post thier flawed opinions on an internet forum, perhaps in a self delusion that they are victorious over the world issues of today. They have no lives.

So much for truthful, happy, productive, prosperous and purposeful lives.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 05:10   #174
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Well, while i can understand people becomming angry with Travlers post, because of the lack of good argument and because he has a lack of any willingness to counterargue, I dont consider THAT a reason to negrep him to death..

BTW, travler, what happend to posting once a day for 40 days v.v ?

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 06:35   #175
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Re: 40 Days of Indigestible Authorized use of Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
BTW, travler, what happend to posting once a day for 40 days v.v ?
Ramihyn found where freakinlupin had posted the first 20 days on Yahoo answers. Freakinlupin is a member of the Church I go to and she also happens to be friends with my wife. Freakinlupin's husband works at the same place I do.

In light of that discovery I thought it best to drop the charade of making it seem like the points were mine. I had originally planned to reveal the author at the end of the 40 days.

Wednesday night I has the oportunity to speak with the author of the 40 proofs. Before wednesday I had not even known they existed. I told the author that I was conversing with the people of an internet forum for a game I played. I explained that they were mostly European and strongly anti-God in their beliefs. He told me that it was natural that they would be against Christianity. He said that religeon was used as an oppressive force for much of the history of Europe and that only now were people rethinking their anti-religeon stance. He told me about the 40 proofs that he had e-mailed out one day at a time for 40 days. He said that this information would be very helpful in getting non-believers to rethink God. He said to e-mail his secretary to have all the e-mails at one time sent to me. He gave me his permission to use the information. That night I sent an e-mail to his secretary about the 40 e-mails. She forwarded the information to me the next day and later that night I started this post.

The author of the 40 days is:

Pastor Chuck Lawrence

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 06:40   #176
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Day 21 – 40 Days of Infallible Proofs – May 16, 2006

Not too long ago, many scholars and historians questioned the validity of the Bible’s recording of a Roman Governor referred to in scripture as Pontius Pilate. As a matter of fact, all our brothers and sisters for centuries had to believe the Scriptural account despite the lack of any physical evidence to substantiate the Biblical-historical existence of Pontius Pilate. But in 1961, Italian archeologists, led by Dr. Frova, were excavating an ancient amphitheatre near Caesarea and uncovered an interesting limestone block. On the face was a significant inscription which is part of a larger dedication to Tiberius Caesar. It was clearly engraved with the words: S TIBERIEVM (Tiberium), [PO]NTIVS PILATVS (Pontius Pilate), [PRA]ECTVS IVDA[EA]E (Perfect of Judea).

The Pilate inscription is the only known occurrence of the name Pontius Pilate in any ancient inscription. When I visited the Caesarea theatre recently, I had the privilege of seeing its replica (the original is in the Israel Museum in Jerusalem). There have also been a few bronze coins recently found that were struck from 29-32 AD by Pontius Pilate.

For hundreds of years, many have argued that the lack of any physical evidences of cities, peoples and circumstances mentioned in the Bible make the Scripture just a religious and mythological “good” book. But these artifacts are just part of the overwhelming evidences that have surfaced in the past one hundred years to validate the Bible’s historical account. This generation has the continually growing mountain of archeological evidence that, without fail, supports Bible claims and continues to refute any and all of its attacks. So, the Bible cannot be simply categorized as just a good book, as it is repeatedly validated as an accurate book.

Blessings,

Pastor Chuck

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 06:41   #177
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Day 22 – 40 Days of Infallible Proofs – May 17, 2006
In Acts 18:12, Luke states “…when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat.” Luke’s usage of “deputy” (in the original text “proconsul”) as the title for Gallio has for centuries come under much criticism by secular historians. Writing later in the first century, the author and natural philosopher Pliny never referred to Gallio as a proconsul. This fact alone, critics said, proved that the writer of Acts either was in error or wrote his account much later as he was not aware of Gallio’s true position.
It was only in the early 20th century that the Delphi Inscription , dated to 52 A.D. was uncovered. This inscription states, “As Lusius Junius Gallio, my friend, and the proconsul of Achaia...” Here, then, was secular corroboration for the Acts 18:12 account. Since Gallio held this position for only one year, the writer of Acts had to have written this verse in or very close to 52 A.D., and not later, as surmised by previous historians; otherwise, he would not have known Gallio was a proconsul. Suddenly, this “find” not only gives credibility to the historicity of the Bible account, but also helps date the writing of Acts in and around 52 A.D. Had someone else written the book of Acts in the 2nd century (as liberal scholars have suggested) he would have agreed with Pliny and both would have been contradicted by today’s eyewitness account of the Delphi Inscription.
For hundreds of years, this supposed mistake caused many to doubt the authenticity of the Word of God; yet, as time progressed, once again, the Scripture has been shown to be historically, meticulously precise.
God Bless,
Pastor Chuck

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 06:44   #178
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Day 23 – 40 Days of Infallible Proofs – May 18, 2006

Over the past three days, we have discussed a few of the many harmonizing historical finds with the Bible’s account. Today I would like to draw your attention to the precision of the Bible in the scientific realm. Of course the Bible is not necessarily a “science book,” yet it is amazingly scientifically accurate. We have not been made aware of any scientific evidence that contradicts the Bible. On the contrary, our generation’s experts continue to confirm Biblical “science.” Allow me to demonstrate with a couple of observations from astronomy:

The Bible says that each star is unique. 1 Corinthians 15:41 says, “There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.”
We know that all of the 3,000 stars that can be seen by the naked eye look pretty much the same. Even when seen through a telescope, stars seem to be just points of light. However, recent analysis of their individual light spectra reveals that each star is, indeed, unique in radiance (glory) thus, differing from all others. (It is profound that the author of 1 Corinthians - in the first century A.D. - would claim that every star is distinctively different.)
The Bible describes the suspension of the Earth in space. In Job 26:7, it states that God “… stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing.”
Here is a scripture written around 1800 B.C. that makes a declaration that would not be scientifically confirmed until well over three thousand years later. For thousands of years, stars were viewed by astronomers as all giving forth comparable equivalent light. The earth was thought to be carried by some animal or built on pillars. Yet the scriptures state otherwise.
Astronomy and other sciences continue to catch up with the Bible…

Blessings,
Pastor Chuck

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 06:49   #179
s|k
Caveat Lector

So can I start creating my own thread that I can spam in, or is that a privilege exclusive only to Travler?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 06:52   #180
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I say let him finish, that way we don't have to put up with reading this thread for another 2 weeks.
jt25man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 07:43   #181
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This really is starting to irk me.

What do we have rules against spamming and trolling for?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 09:11   #182
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You know you're an idiot when QDeathstar makes more sense than you.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 09:53   #183
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
These people sit on a computer all day and post thier flawed opinions on an internet forum, perhaps in a self delusion that they are victorious over the world issues of today. They have no lives.

So much for truthful, happy, productive, prosperous and purposeful lives.
This is the sort of gibberish I resent. Have you ever really talked to the people who post on these forums? Do you know what they do with their lives? Have you offered proof that certain "opinions" are flawed? What the **** do you contribute? Why are you here lecturing me?

Travler, you are not exempt to the rules. If you want to create a thread yourself you will go to the extraordinary lengths of not plagiarising other people's work nor copying and pasting large tracts from another part of the internet when links would suffice. You will, hopefully, extend yourself to posting on other, more varied topics and attempt to converse with, and not at, your fellow forum users. If you do not I fear your account may be short-lived. This is not a pulpit.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 10:11   #184
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: 40 Days of Indigestible Authorized use of Material

Quote:

The author of the 40 days is:

Pastor Chuck Lawrence
Is that the same idiot who you posted something he wrote about the Di Vinci Code? If so you really should stop posting his stuff as anyone who can claim the bibles the truth because "the church burnt all the Gospels that disagreed with what was considered right to ensure the truth" clearly has a screw loose. Its like claiming "Hitlers Beliefs were right as he burnt anything that didnt support it"

You believe theres a God and thats your perogative but if your going to start posting your Religious beliefs put some thought into it and actually look at what your being told critically. If there is a God he gave us a brain for a reason and that reason isnt so we can just follow some people of self proclaimed importance and believe any ridiculous notion they give us. When people do this it makes the religions no better than a cult
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 11:54   #185
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Travler, you are not exempt to the rules. If you want to create a thread yourself you will go to the extraordinary lengths of not plagiarising other people's work nor copying and pasting large tracts from another part of the internet when links would suffice. You will, hopefully, extend yourself to posting on other, more varied topics and attempt to converse with, and not at, your fellow forum users. If you do not I fear your account may be short-lived. This is not a pulpit.
Jonny you got a site where I can post these "Days" remaining? Cause I sure don't. I would love to just put a link to it. Throw me a bone here, eh.

And NO I don't have to post on other more varried topics. Have you even seen me post on a football thread? Want to know why? Cause I don't know squat about Euro football and for the most part I don't care.

Want to tell me what I should think also or how I should feel. You don't like the way I discuss something then do what you want and ban me and if you burn in Hell for all eternity you can remember why.

And for the rest of you ****tards, If you don't think that I fit into your little box of what a Christian should be you need to get over yourselfs and get in touch with this little thing called reality. There is no mold from which all Christians are made from. We are as varied as there are stars in the sky. "Oh hes not spiritual enough" "Oh hes not humble enough" "Oh hes not" WHO GIVES A ****!!!. I cannot fit your image of what a christian should be. Grow up people.

idimmu, I have no pride. Sorry.

Oh and Wakey STFU!!!! you dramaqueen! Once again you know nothing just like on AD.

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 11:57   #186
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You don't like the way I discuss something then do what you want and ban me and if you burn in Hell for all eternity you can remember why.
You're not actually discussing anything and have failed to respond on almost innumerable occasions to logical, well-thought-out counter-arguments based on the plaguarised material you posted without understanding. What you have been doing has not been discussion, it has been a sermon. Discussion implies a multi-sided debate, something into which you have been utterly and painfully reluctant to enter.

**** man, seriously.

Edit: If there is a God up there that gave me this brain, and who would not want me to question every step of the way how the world works through logic and science and the tools that you would ascribe to His having lent us then I want no part of His endeavour.

Last edited by pablissimo; 18 Jul 2006 at 12:03.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:01   #187
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
do what you want and ban me and if you burn in Hell for all eternity you can remember why.

lol you're joking right?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:07   #188
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Jonny you got a site where I can post these "Days" remaining? Cause I sure don't. I would love to just put a link to it. Throw me a bone here, eh.
Internet hosting is remarkably cheap these days. I can organise it for a college poker society I run. I'm sure you and pastor dave can stump up fifty dollars for something so important.

Quote:
And NO I don't have to post on other more varried topics. Have you even seen me post on a football thread? Want to know why? Cause I don't know squat about Euro football and for the most part I don't care.
That's why I said "hopefully". And there are more threads than threads about football. Hell if you started a thread on the NFL I'd contribute, I can never find anyone over here who does much more than watch the superbowl. There are of course subjects that are not related to sport or religion such as tk's thread about cooking.

Quote:
Want to tell me what I should think also or how I should feel. You don't like the way I discuss something then do what you want and ban me and if you burn in Hell for all eternity you can remember why.
I'm not going to do that at this point in time. Luckily I have the patience of a number of different saints and I'm not too bothered by your accusation that I'd burn in hell for all eternity if I banned you from an internet forum. That said I am slightly worried that you might develop some sort of ulcer from all the stress you seem to be experiencing. I'd just like you to become more reasoned and more tolerant, less judgemental and less hate-filled. Your lack of respect for other people is what I find distasteful.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:14   #189
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
If you don't think that I fit into your little box of what a Christian should be you need to get over yourselfs and get in touch with this little thing called reality.
Going by the New Testament, the only person who's creating little boxes of what is required to be Christian is one "Jesus of Nazareth".
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:47   #190
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

why was he called jesus of nazareth when he was born in bethlehem? and does jerusalem come into it (k, k my biblical knowledge sucks) my original question stands, did jesus 'choose' mary and that particular geographical location or was it random?
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:50   #191
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
why was he called jesus of nazareth when he was born in bethlehem? and does jerusalem come into it (k, k my biblical knowledge sucks) my original question stands, did jesus 'choose' mary and that particular geographical location or was it random?
the whole bethlehem story was only written in one of the gospels (Mark I think) iirc it's contradicted many times in the other gospels.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:53   #192
Ste
Bored

I've posted this before but I thought I'd post it again:

Quote:
Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:54   #193
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Jesus was born in bethlehem because Joseph and Mary had to go there for the census as all families had to go to the location of male familial ancestry or something. He's Jesus of Nazareth because he grew up there.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:56   #194
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Jesus was born in bethlehem because Joseph and Mary had to go there for the census as all families had to go to the location of male familial ancestry or something. He's Jesus of Nazareth because he grew up there.
There's also no record of any census taking place around that time outside of the bible.
Seeing as there would have been hundreds of thousands of people moving around you'd think it would be recorded somewhere.

Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:57   #195
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

travler, I have always had some respect for your views and passionate arguments about your God, allthough I do not belive in him, nor like hearing him being spoken off.. Infact, I more or less loathe anything that can be interpreted as an attempt trying to explain God as a higher being that can be explained from scientific angles.

God or no god, its a belief that someone decides upon in their own due time. I do not deny that some find great pleasure in having a God to belive in, but I see it as the ultimate proof of their own insecurity. Why you might ask? People should belive in themselves, not gods or wizards or things coming from Mars(allthough I loved how they killed Jack Nicholson). There is no ultimate solution to all questions, there is no divine salvation from this hellhole we all call earth, and I prefer it that way!!! But still I respect your views on the matter, I still think you should respect the ones that doesnt belive in your God, and meet them as the human beings they are. I've meet to many christians dooming me to hell for me not beliving in God (mind you, most christians have now said that hell doesnt exist), but I think that people should be able to make up their own mind in the issue, not fall into some Christian internet hype on how to steal more souls from the Grim Reaper..

The fact that you've cursed, lied and also behavied quite disrespectful (allbeit extremly baited by these creatures from darkness and General Discussion) makes me feel even worse for you. Now, please go do pennants for your breakings of atleast 2 of the 10 commandments and leave us lost souls burn in the eternal bbq of hell.

Me personally prefer to be alittle roasted on the side, but keep me medium raw please.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 12:59   #196
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
There's also no record of any census taking place around that time outside of the bible.
Seeing as there would have been hundreds of thousands of people moving around you'd think it would be recorded somewhere.
I know, I was just saying why the names were so.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 14:56   #197
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Since there was no census at the time that's not quite correct, T&F.
Not to mention that the Romans wouldn't be so silly as to demand that everyone return to the city that their ancestors of centuries past had come from just to partake in a census.

Jesus is said to be born in Bethlehem because that was the city of David, and the Messiah was supposed to be the Warrior-King anew, but this time with superduper godly upgrades.
Did it not fulfil a prophecy (Micah something maybe, it's been years since I've read the bible) for Jesus to be born in Bethlehem? The census story seems unreasonable, there're a couple websites (I'll get links in a bit when I have more time) that suggest the entire census thing was just a thematic device which sounds more plausible.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 15:02   #198
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The link I posted above
Luke 2:1 describes a worldwide census ordered by Caesar Augustus whilst Quirinius was governor of Syria. However, Quirinius was governor of Syria only from 6 CE onwards, something that cannot be reconciled with Matthew and Luke's claim that Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (Luke 1:5). According to ancient records Quirinius did conduct a census of Judea, although not of Galilee, in around 6-7 CE. This census provoked such a reaction from Jews in Judea that Quirinius had to put it down by military force.[1]

Further historical difficulties are evident in the details of the census as portrayed by Luke. It would not be usual for every single person to travel to his or her home town, nor would children or women (especially heavily pregnant women) be required to appear before census officials. Luke's use of the census may well be a theological and narrative device in order to explain how and why Jesus came to be born in David's city.
And now I've posted it in full for good measure!
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 17:10   #199
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
And for the rest of you ****tards, If you don't think that I fit into your little box of what a Christian should be you need to get over yourselfs and get in touch with this little thing called reality. There is no mold from which all Christians are made from. We are as varied as there are stars in the sky. "Oh hes not spiritual enough" "Oh hes not humble enough" "Oh hes not" WHO GIVES A ****!!!. I cannot fit your image of what a christian should be. Grow up people.

idimmu, I have no pride. Sorry.

Oh and Wakey STFU!!!! you dramaqueen! Once again you know nothing just like on AD.
Haha, wow this guy is out of control. Travler, I'm far better than you at angry rants. We should get together sometime, and then I can show you how it is really done.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 18:05   #200
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Whats with all the deleted posts?

I want a moderators cut of this thread, with surround sound, explosions, guns, deaths, and popcorn.