User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:25   #1
Sevrok

Sevrok is an unknown quantity at this point
TO all alliances

Hi guys i was wondering what you would all think about us all agreeing to accept a few newbies into our alliances to show them the ropes, i know the mentors help n00bs but in an alliance we can give much more support and help to them, as in amy of the top 20 alliance we could provide over 30 people to teach a newbie how to play, they would get different viewpoints, and stuff like that. This is just a suggestion. even if we only train 5 or 10 newbies per alliance each round we could see an increase in the standard of play.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:28   #2
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: TO all alliances

The major alliances wont agree to this, too much security concerns, which is why the mentor team came about.
It IS a good idea, but flawed.
Random rounds encourage people to train the noobs in their gal to increase their gal score (and syphon defense off of them )
All in all, it wont work, and wont be agreed on.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:33   #3
Sevrok

It was just an idea, my alliance trains up any noobs we get and most of them have stayed with us. but then again we are medium sized alliance and need to do stuff like that.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:46   #4
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

we already are helping 83 noobs atm (as you can see ingame), what more do you expect

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:51   #5
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

is your siggy gal rank?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:51   #6
Sevrok

its alliance rank
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 19:04   #7
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

1. please cease calling them n00b. They are New players..
2. I am aware that some alliance are taking new players inside their ranks, i guess every round it will happen, we dont expect much alliances to take lot of new players but maybe few of them and train them would be a nice idea.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 19:06   #8
Sevrok

If i get near full i'll leave a few spaces so we can train new players, until then i'll just accept them and train them, its up to them if they stay or not. i might not be the most experianced player myself but i have some alliance members more experianced more than myself. We are also a very friendly alliance and use PAmail, forums and irc to keep in contact so we can teach new players the best way to use all three.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 19:08   #9
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Im sorry sevrok, we dont have room for you
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 22:04   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrok
It was just an idea, my alliance trains up any noobs we get and most of them have stayed with us.
Like you?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 22:44   #11
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

A few rounds I used my influenec to start a programme based on this.

We talked to new players, found out about the wya they played and tried to make sure we placed them somewhere to help them.

Problems arose however, in that the only alliances who would accept were the 'lower end' alliances, which are the natural placements for new players anyway.

So we were infact only doing something that was happening anyway, and it died out.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 23:30   #12
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

Boo!

I thought u wuz gonna declare then war Forest

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 23:34   #13
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you iz so AOL cool Julian !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 23:53   #14
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

pfft - shut it Helga u homax :P

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 00:11   #15
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Calm down girls, go sit in a corner :-/

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 01:13   #16
Mav
Band of Brothers

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this a ploy by Lupine Crux to decrease the level of decent players in alliances to hopefully catch them up?

/me goes away to ponder.

NoS Officer, OMG / Adelante Officer, Eclipse Officer, FAnG HC, Mistu, [1up].
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 01:52   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why don't you just go give your cords away Rat
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 02:11   #18
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

You'd just be embarrased over how badly Ely owns you Hicks.. But then again, you are prolly getting used to it :-)

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 05:54   #19
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

What is this?
A 1up fan boy thread, geez
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 06:17   #20
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Whew..... someone finally broke that trail of green. My eyes were starting to hurt
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 08:29   #21
Sevrok

This is no lupine crux ploy to decrease the standard of alliances, as we would be affected aswell, so the relative standards should stay the same.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 12:27   #22
Vanquisher
heh

Vanquisher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrok
This is no lupine crux ploy to decrease the standard of alliances, as we would be affected aswell, so the relative standards should stay the same.
In a good way though, right? All the good alliances would need to lose a few players to help newer players, while you could gain newer players also without losing players and thus boost your score.

Besides which, they'll probably be better than you
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 14:30   #23
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

In fairness, the sentiment wasn't too bad - but pragmatically, the idea is unworkable.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 14:36   #24
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
A 1up fan boy thread, geez
[1up] read this carfully, espeacially you uber-elite-forum-posters. i dont claim to be the personifiaction of matureness, but how the **** you act is plaine immature. thinking that you all are 20+ it might be better not to post.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 03:33   #25
pathogen
Pathogen

pathogen has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Tides of Fire have accepted some new players in to the alliance and are currently training them
pathogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 13:55   #26
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathogen
Tides of Fire have accepted some new players in to the alliance and are currently training them
And by the looks of it you are doing a damn good job.

Pld.
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 16:48   #27
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
[1up] read this carfully, espeacially you uber-elite-forum-posters. i dont claim to be the personifiaction of matureness, but how the **** you act is plaine immature. thinking that you all are 20+ it might be better not to post.
Shut up, if you have that much of a problem with my posts don't like it put me on ignore I'll post how ever the hell I want to on an open forum, who the hell put you in charge of AD quality control ? I'm 20 and I'll act it, if that means messing about on IRC and the forums I'll do that it's certainly far better than pretending to be informed and posting in boring debates about who’s winning just for the sake of it. I feel I contribute to a fair number of threads on AD especially about older rounds as do a few of the other 1up who've posted in this thread just because we also occasionally make a few in jokes for our amusement (We don't care if you or the general public don't get it) hardly makes us immature.

What exactly do you want us to contribute to this thread Lupin ? 1up already has by far the greatest concentration of new players in Planetarion (Not just returning veterans) of any of the big alliances, as for the other alliances I suspect most of them are full, while it's a nice idea Psi shot it down wit the right reply with the first post. What do you want everyone to do debate the merits of us training up new players for for 15 pages ?

gg nextmap.

Last edited by Hicks; 23 Jun 2004 at 16:59.
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 16:55   #28
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I'm 15 though. :/

Does that give me the license to run ragged with senseless posts making me look silly?

ps. why are we 'uber-elite-forum-posters'? Because clicking on 'reply' and 'submit' must really testing one's skills, and because we have members who post a bit regularly, we are elite? :s
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 01:46   #29
pathogen
Pathogen

pathogen has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Cheers Trevler, we are trying any way
pathogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 11:04   #30
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

so are we
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 11:46   #31
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
'what' ?