User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 May 2004, 14:15   #1
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
hhhmmmm Has the pendal swung against 1UP

seems that the propoganda machine is faultering....

every thread has 1UP mentioning alliances ganging up on last rounds winners, but it seems more the case that alliances are feeling more threatened by the obvious threat that 1UP are becoming and displaying in thier very obvious try at dominating politics on these boards. Looks like alliances are seeing through thier propoganda this time though.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.

Last edited by waassaa; 31 May 2004 at 14:26.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 14:26   #2
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: hhhmmmm Has the pendal swung against 1UP

now lets stop the hypothetical stuff and wait instead for round 11.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 14:30   #3
waassaa
unknown to all

Now call me out of touch, but most rounds are won before they start, politics are everything in PA.
The people posting on behalf of 1UP are the same that have posted for various other major alliances over the years, always doing a good job and always of the nature that I see on most threads here.
I was just addressing that fact, and as this is an alliance discussion forum i deem it to be relevent now.

thx for the reply though.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
Unread 31 May 2004, 14:31   #4
waassaa
unknown to all

oh...i was also addressing the fact it doesn´t seem to be working, maybe a new tactic is called for.

Unread 31 May 2004, 14:42   #5
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by waassaa
Now call me out of touch, but most rounds are won before they start, politics are everything in PA.
now you have to name more than 6 rounds.

plz proof that posting on AD is a tactic in winning a round (political-wise). proofing is probably a too hard, at least name a example, which supports your thesis.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 14:55   #6
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Exactly, anyone who is under the impression that AD banter has anything to do with what happens in game is living in a different time. If it did I'd be banned from posting forever.

Why on Earth would we advocate ganging up on last rounds winners ? Almost none of us played last round and we have no reason to dislike FAnG or Mistu to be honest the only reason I could see to gang up on them is if they ally one another something they at least publicly claim they don’t want to do.

I doubt many people are that threaterned as you claim either:
(Hicks): to launch this tick
(Hicks): do i seletct XXX
(TomKat): yeah
(TomKat): well, select the first one
(TomKat): not "+2 eta" or whatever

I think lch are justified in building a power block to batter 1up simply to counter my threaterning PAX skills
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:15   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I get a warm fuzzy feeling helping these noobs play the game.
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:19   #8
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I get a warm fuzzy feeling helping these noobs play the game.

LOL so all non 1up players are (insert banned word for new players) now ?

Get real m8.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:19   #9
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Exactly, anyone who is under the impression that AD banter has anything to do with what happens in game is living in a different time. If it did I'd be banned from posting forever.

Why on Earth would we advocate ganging up on last rounds winners ? Almost none of us played last round and we have no reason to dislike FAnG or Mistu to be honest the only reason I could see to gang up on them is if they ally one another something they at least publicly claim they don’t want to do.

Wow! What happened to we would not”block”............ah Sids post was pure politics.... go figure.

Last edited by A2; 31 May 2004 at 16:12. Reason: Fixed quote closing tag
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:20   #10
Valor

Valor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hicks - your l33t.
Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:23   #11
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
*snip*

I think lch are justified in building a power block to batter 1up simply to counter my threaterning PAX skills
man o man I realy love reading these kind of messages.
AKA what your saying now is:

1up is going to block because we "think we know for a fact" lch will build a power block.
Looks like MotoX said it before me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Wow! What happened to we would not”block”............ah Sids post was pure politics.... go figure.
#multihunters
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:33   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace

Get real m8.
he was refering to hicks and the other 1ups who returned if you didnt get it.
They might be n00bs but youre clueless. dunno whats worse
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:36   #13
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
What I propose is that all alliances who DON'T want a round where the two sides are drawn up before the round starts make an agreement: namely that should anyone attempt to form a block then everyone else will immediately form a much bigger block - with the sole intention of smashing the other block then immediately disbanding. One of the main motivations behind making blocks is fear: the fear that if you don't block, you'll lose to someone who does form a block. Make it apparent that if you DO block you'll lose - and that particular motivation to block ceases to be a factor.
Sid's post advocated if a group of alliances tries to ally one another then the rest of the alliances should group together and take them out before reverting to playing normally. Which is what I'm implied, I'm going to assume your a rather obvious troll rather than someone with serious comprehension issues although your inability to use the quote function does make me wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace

1up is going to block because we "think we know for a fact" lch will build a power block.
Don’t be a spastic it was blatantly obvious I was being humorous. What the hell has happened to this game ? I go away for a few months and Muppets like this are running "top" alliances, here's a penny go buy yourself a clue, try seeing if they'll throw in a sense of humour with it.
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:41   #14
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

every thread has 1UP mentioning alliances ganging up on last rounds winners, but it seems more the case that alliances are feeling more threatened by the obvious threat that 1UP are becoming and displaying in thier very obvious try at dominating politics on these boards. Looks like alliances are seeing through thier propoganda this time though.
nice pr attempt waassaa, yet its based on 1 simple missunderstanding, 1up never did advertise a 1 vs all against the winners of last round. Infact 1up encouraged even to drop this attitude to give a leveled playing field, something fang even supported after various squibbles on these boards.
Fact is a good bunch of the "top dogs" already stated publically or in private they would consider a soloround.
However a fair few ppl, including ND have yet to get their head around a secret conspiracy to ensure 1ups victory, which admittingly is non existant.

If you read the proposal carefully, you will find it tries to encourage alliances to prevent stagnative blocking, with still giving the option of limited politics. I,e, for those who lack size or those who want to maintain limited friendships.
On the review of the last round im sure everyone will agree that superblocks are easily formed and slowly kill the game. Either you accept the proposal or not but im sure we will see you next round.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:42   #15
waassaa
unknown to all

this is going off subject...all i said was that public opinion seems to against 1UP, i didn´t mention blocking, for that matter i didn´t mention FAnG by name either.
I don´t think atm anyone is building a power block, despite rumours of 1UP and WP, which imo are just that rumours, i mean just cause WP are the only alliance left that was in the old "WEET " and there fore have good connections to the 1UP Hc and officers, just because that most of the members of 1UP who will play this round played in WP last round (also a rumour that i heard correct me if I am wrong). I think Sid is true to his word...(I wouldn´t believe it if Hicks said it the...the... the...damn propoganda minister )

Now keep this on the subjct please...
Is UP1´s political propaganda back firing ?

Unread 31 May 2004, 15:46   #16
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace

Looks like MotoX said it before me:
while you are laying words in his mouth and use your super fortune teller skills, can you please find the lottery numbers in his post aswell ?

Tip: if you use the quote function try to argument along the quote and not debate a completely different topic. By either implying or adding meanings to a quote you only look dumb in the end because ppl will think you didnt get it. (suprise this didnt happen the first time to you, right?)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:48   #17
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
nice pr attempt waassaa, yet its based on 1 simple missunderstanding, 1up never did advertise a 1 vs all against the winners of last round. Infact 1up encouraged even to drop this attitude to give a leveled playing field, something fang even supported after various squibbles on these boards.
hallo Focht baby, nice to see you, if only in written word.

In fact i did read the proposal, and find it very good, and have stated above I believe it to be sincere.
however these attitudes you talk of above seem prominent amongst your people posting here, if you have discouraged them from doing so that is a fine thing.
Alas knowing you guys a little bit, we are both clear that you "DO" understand what can be gained with forum propoganda, and 1UP will use it, i was just commenting that it seems to be going adrift, but you have noticed this I expect, hence the "various squibbles" comment.

Unread 31 May 2004, 15:49   #18
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's a good question whether it is backfiring or not.

Maybe I would call it fear. Fear to be outnumbered and outblocked and outgunned.
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:55   #19
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
this is going off subject...all i said was that public opinion seems to against 1UP, i didn´t mention blocking, for that matter i didn´t mention FAnG by name either.
The public opinion is now who exactly ? Considering WP, Fang and Mistu stated interest in the proposal, alongside others i think public doesnt equal majority in your case.
Infact you did mention fang (last round winners = fang and mistu) so it wasnt hard to figure it out.
Quote:
I don´t think atm anyone is building a power block, despite rumours of 1UP and WP, which imo are just that rumours, i mean just cause WP are the only alliance left that was in the old "WEET " and there fore have good connections to the 1UP Hc and officers, just because that most of the members of 1UP who will play this round played in WP last round (also a rumour that i heard correct me if I am wrong). I think Sid is true to his word...(I wouldn´t believe it if Hicks said it the...the... the...damn propoganda minister )

Despite the rumors of 1up and wp ? "hehe"
you clearly mean the rumors you are spreading.
Now i could ask you why make a board proposal and form a powerblock ? We could have done so without any proposal and surely since we all know a secret lasts for 15 seconds in this universe we could figure out it would be soonish a "all vs 1up+ whatever partner" if we would break our promise. Now pardon me but you should know sid and others are not that stupid.
After smiling about this "fact" alone i cant get around the feeling that you know sod all about 1up. Unless you have yet a hc and officer list of us, something which isnt even decided yet. So how can you talk about thier good relations with wolfpack ? Considering you might assume me, Hicks, Rob and Zhil would be hc or officers you should know from our shared past alone those ppl had always a strong objection to anything "wolfpack" or do you mean the players who returned to pa and have/had no ties with anyone the last 3-4 rounds, surely they would go for wp first or ?

Now i know why never ToT or LCH made the pr for any block i was in, you really need to learn more dude, even Fang could do better. Atleast they had KJ who could make up some "facts" where you would sit back and give it atleast a thought not some bollox created in less then 5 mins with so many flaws even a 10 year old could stumble over.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 15:55   #20
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:

You know how much fun WEET was and just how well most of us got on with Wolfpack. I spent the entire round banging on about how much I wanted to spak them and taking unauthorized retals on them. I don't see events of a year past have anything bearing on now. Also 1up doesn't have any HC or Officers as of yet so I don’t see how we can have such good links, several top faces were in Wolfpack last round but that was more out of convenience, none of them would join FAnG, Mistu were seen as back stabbers, ToT was gone.

I think anyone who has worked with Sid at any level will know he's one of the most straight up people your likely to meet, if he says it's so then it's so, you can guarantee he won’t be building a block behind the scenes and I think most HC realise that. I also don't see what political propaganda we've tried to spin, Sid made a proposal for a block free round people can either accept his proposal or not, I’m actually quite looking foreword to not having allies though, no longer having to put up with other alliances bitching and saying we can’t attack xx:yy:zz is going to a joy.

Your too good a guy to make lame AD threads waassaa leave that to your mate “Ace”.
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:08   #21
waassaa
unknown to all

Hicks, and Focht, you have misunderstood my intentions, or more to the point my lack of intention. i don´t play PA, haven´t played since we played together in fact.
I don´t think I stated anywhere above I was talking about "facts". Only time i mentioned the word fact was when i said that 1UP will be aware of the value of "propoganda" I hope we agree on this.
i started reading here for fun this morning, and these couple of points stuck out to me, so hence 2 threads, one about reasons to be cheerfull, and another about the propaganda.

As for a PR attempt, yes I would always endorse []LCH[], and the values they have...nothing wrong with that.

Unread 31 May 2004, 16:09   #22
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
However a fair few ppl, including ND have yet to get their head around a secret conspiracy to ensure 1ups victory, which admittingly is non existant.
The only time ND has been part of an uber block, was R6, and that was good for the game. We will not be part of a huge block this round.

I dont, however, see why we should follow the lead of FAnG, and 1up, who are new to the game and want to tell me how to play. ND will play however we like, whether you think its wrong or right.
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:20   #23
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
The only time ND has been part of an uber block, was R6, and that was good for the game. We will not be part of a huge block this round.

I dont, however, see why we should follow the lead of FAnG, and 1up, who are new to the game and want to tell me how to play. ND will play however we like, whether you think its wrong or right.
To me it seems you have good intentions but just like to argue who thought about it first.
ND doesnt have to play the game how anyone wants apart from themself. The post was a proposal, a proposal apparently in your own words ND is fine with, seeing you dont wish to form an uberblock or join one.
You claim to have followed this path since r6, which is a very good thing if true and in no direct opposition to the proposal so i dont get why you argue against the proposal itself if you have the same intentions and if it would cater your playing style aswell.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:26   #24
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

The best policy for any alliance is to be equally distrustful of all enemies. Focussing on one enemy quickly leads to underestimation of others (I still regret Deus taking its eye off WP and NoS in r6 because we assumed only Fury or Xanadu would have the capacity to win).

I'm sure most real alliance HCs (as opposed to the posers and sycophants on AD) know how this stuff actually works.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:41   #25
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
The best policy for any alliance is to be equally distrustful of all enemies. Focussing on one enemy quickly leads to underestimation of others (I still regret Deus taking its eye off WP and NoS in r6 because we assumed only Fury or Xanadu would have the capacity to win).

I'm sure most real alliance HCs (as opposed to the posers and sycophants on AD) know how this stuff actually works.

so alliance HC´s should consider 1UP, FAnG and erm F-crew as equal threats...please

Unread 31 May 2004, 16:46   #26
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
so alliance HC´s should consider 1UP, FAnG and erm F-crew as equal threats...please
Then who do you consider as threats and on which basis ?
I personally always thought all those evaluations are usually far off the truth.
NoCeX in r5 beeing the prime example or r6 Furgion or r9 vvomm and nahr.

Considering you name 1up already in your "threat evaluation" what exactly do you know about us ? hc ? officers ? quality ? pretty hard for an alliance which hasnt played 1 round yet, unless you want to hand us a blanco win voucher because we are uberleet etc ?
And where does LCH stand in this, and mistu or lupine crux ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:52   #27
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace

Get real m8.
I was talking about Hicks. He's 1up. It was a joke...

Read people's posts before replying. It might make you look less ridiculous here.
Unread 31 May 2004, 16:59   #28
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

what ?
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:00   #29
waassaa
unknown to all

Focht, i think you know my opinion of 1UP is based on the names who are posting here with a 1UP tag, and my dealings with you guys in previous rounds.

Don´t try to kid people on here, if you have numbers to match your "potential" HC and officers, then you are a threat. If I was leading an alliances in this game your alliance would be at the top of the list as a potential threat and winner, as would FAnG, WP and a few others.

You are leading the thread away from the topic, "has your own propaganda back fired on you", it seems from what you are posting..ie "why are we a threat, you know nothing about us" that in fact it has.

You guys are on AD saying you know how to play and that you will do well this round, people agree with you and see you as a major threat...just deal with it, don´t try to deny it.

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:10   #30
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

We post on Ad we know how to play and we will do well ?
Hicks posted just the different and which PR has backfired on us ?
Other ppl including yourself declared us as good or run us already as a winning candidate. You will however fail to find any statement where we went beyond the "we have faith in our players to do well" attitude.
We know fairly well we will be seen as a threat, alot of ppl are simpleminded enough to see everywhere a conspiracy but this is a wargame so we exspect to attack and to be attacked..

About our numbers, surely we will match other alliances in size (thanks to the limit) so any debate of "man they must have 500 members" is useless we will play within the limitations like any other alliance.

The list of threats to win this round is fairly limited, there will only be 15-20 alliances playing and maybe 10 of those were strong in the previous round so either way the "threat list" will be very short, for everyone.
This is something which hasnt changed for many rounds now, even in r9 the threatlist was only 5 alliances long and in r10 it was aswell now you might argue those were block rounds but even without blocks the "threats" would never reach more then 10 for the winners spot, simply because the universe is too small.

P.S. there can only be one alliance at the top of your list of threats not 3 atleast 2 of them would be somewhere in the middle of your list #3 of 5 is quiet midfieldish
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:16   #31
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I know you're not a moron, so I know you don't really think that is what I said.

We have no problem with being seen as a threat; it's actually something of a compliment . However, we're not the only alliance capable of winning - FAnG are contenders, as are Mistu and perhaps WP. If all of those alliances play solo, it's also possible that a block of smaller alliances could have a chance of taking the lead.

Any responsible HC will consider all of these possibilities, and will make their decisions based on that, not based on what the posts on AD say. Remember, very few alliance HC actually post on AD, even the likes of Kjeldoran are just unofficial spokespeople for their alliances.

Also, I expect we will have a much more fluid political situation in r11, due to random galaxies. This will make it difficult for permanent blocks to form, as there are no shared galaxies to bind alliances together. If smaller alliances join a 'kill FAnG' crusade, they'll be smashed by 1up or Mistu or WP after the war is over; for that reason alone it's probably advisable for smaller alliances to avoid allying larger partners. This gives us a scenario whereby the large alliances play solo, and the smaller alliances form limited blocks to compete with the large alliances. That sounds like a pretty fun contest, and there are several alliances with a chance of winning. Any alliance that gets too far out ahead will probably become a higher priority target for the others, just like in a game of risk. This way we should have a whole round of intrigue and competition, instead of 2-3 weeks.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:16   #32
Tomkat

Quote:
Don´t try to kid people on here, if you have numbers to match your "potential" HC and officers, then you are a threat. If I was leading an alliances in this game your alliance would be at the top of the list as a potential threat and winner, as would FAnG, WP and a few others..
You're talking about people who haven't played the new PA at all. This may sound trivial, but PA has changed quite a bit. I've had to guide a fair few people through elementary things such as which ships to buy, and which research to go for, just because I've played the last couple of rounds.

1up hasn't proposed a free-for-all type of game because they want to win. It's because they don't want a block war. If anything, it's more risky for them - as they have no allies to help them out, should other alliances team up on them. It's hardly a huge masterplan thought up to rise to the #1 spot.
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:19   #33
waassaa
unknown to all

making a post appear misinformed and based on bad information does not answer the questions posed.
neither does picking holes in how the post is written, even if in jest, which is always welcome none the less.

now you have stated (if somewhat indirectly) that you consider your alliance to be in the top 3 main threat area, i will quite happily stop posting along these lines.
fact is, your alliance seems to be first choice target for almost everyone, and you only have your posts on AD to thank for that.
IMHO that means your propoganda has misfired. maybe you should give that some thought.

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:21   #34
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
fact is, your alliance seems to be first choice target for almost everyone, and you only have your posts on AD to thank for that.
IMHO that means your propoganda has misfired. maybe you should give that some thought.
I believe the only appropriate reply is "Bring it, bitch"
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:23   #35
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You're talking about people who haven't played the new PA at all. This may sound trivial, but PA has changed quite a bit. I've had to guide a fair few people through elementary things such as which ships to buy, and which research to go for, just because I've played the last couple of rounds.

1up hasn't proposed a free-for-all type of game because they want to win. It's because they don't want a block war. If anything, it's more risky for them - as they have no allies to help them out, should other alliances team up on them. It's hardly a huge masterplan thought up to rise to the #1 spot.

hhmmm granted you have a point, however a 9 day beta will see most of these people on form...and for sure a tick plan will see them come out of protection ahead of the masses.
tomkat...me is no fool

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:26   #36
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
To me it seems you have good intentions but just like to argue who thought about it first.
ND doesnt have to play the game how anyone wants apart from themself. The post was a proposal, a proposal apparently in your own words ND is fine with, seeing you dont wish to form an uberblock or join one.
You claim to have followed this path since r6, which is a very good thing if true and in no direct opposition to the proposal so i dont get why you argue against the proposal itself if you have the same intentions and if it would cater your playing style aswell.
That would be because Fish has nothing better to do with his time.
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:31   #37
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
making a post appear misinformed and based on bad information does not answer the questions posed.
neither does picking holes in how the post is written, even if in jest, which is always welcome none the less.

now you have stated (if somewhat indirectly) that you consider your alliance to be in the top 3 main threat area, i will quite happily stop posting along these lines.
and i thought in a solo random round the #1 target would be to get roids.
Damn i should have listened more often to Tomkats advice.

You really think its scary for us to "play" ?
Either we will do well or we will be walked over, a risk you always enter when you enter the round. Thats called competition.
I have faith in our players to fight formidable and to defend nicely so anyone "bringing it on" will atleast have a good fight.
However beating us is not like beating the superboss in an arkade game, its not game over and you are the winner.
If ppl focus on us they might in the end lose to someone outroiding them who took other targets. The joy of randomness.

Failed PR ?`hardly, we made a proposal other alliances consider and which will hopefully bring an interesting round ahead of us.
You think along the wrong lines if you thought 1up or posters affiliated with 1up's intention was to "win" the round on the boards. We want an interesting and hopefully blockless round and have our hopes up for that. If we win it or lose it is 2ndary to the fun it will bring to try to play in such an environment.

P.S. if we would have wanted to play for an easy win, why not forming an uberblock and stagnating the round to death, we had offers enough.....
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:42   #38
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:

P.S. if we would have wanted to play for an easy win, why not forming an uberblock and stagnating the round to death, we had offers enough.....
would be a shallow win and void of glory...i like your plan better.

Unread 31 May 2004, 17:55   #39
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Uber blocks are fun though!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 17:58   #40
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
would be a shallow win and void of glory...i like your plan better.
by your logic any win would be shallow and betraying the universe with some lies and a meaningless proposal would clearly not rate any higher then stagnating the round to death.
And be far more risky in the outcome if i may add that. Going solo might give an advantage to 1up because alot of ppl claim we have soooo good players. Those claims are neither backed up nor logical seeing how mistu and fang dominated last rounds universe and what a good development WP and Vision i.e. had in the last FEW rounds. So clearly none of the previous 4 alliances are one hit wonders alongside the other alliances who kept up the good work over a few rounds.
With the disbanding of Elysium and Eclipse last round alot of good players who wished to continue in PA were on the "market" and entered other alliances. so its also a matter of question who got the best reinforcements this round, reinforcements which might be decisive aswell for an alliance position.
While you apparently hope for an easy victory i hope for a good game, one of the points why i returned and didnt play the last round. Blockrounds bore me and i have learned i can do well in them. The different concept of 1up however was appealing and i have heared Fang and other alliances see also old players returning who like the idea of random solo rounds. So hopefully my views might not be single person but bring back more players to the game.

As a last question, what is LCH's stand on the proposal, youve been awefully quiet lately. solo or blocks ? or just a merged partnership like in previous rounds?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 31 May 2004, 18:10   #41
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
As a last question, what is LCH's stand on the proposal, youve been awefully quiet lately. solo or blocks ? or just a merged partnership like in previous rounds?
I can´t talk 100% for []LCH[] or for anything for that matter, as far as i know they consider themselfs to be small enough to take a similar sized alliance as a allie.
I would imagine alot will depend on the size of alliances facing them.

IMO to stop people forming too bigger alliances, either the non joint attack or def has to be coded in to the game, or as alliances sign up to the game a members toll should be somewhere to see, so smaller alliances know what faces them.

for []LCH[], i wish they had the numbers to stand alone, but maybe the option open to them is ok too. It has been stated however that they have no intention of joining a over sized block, ie they have no intention of having more than 100 players on the same team.

hope that is enough said with out being too much.

Unread 31 May 2004, 18:12   #42
Axis_WLF

I doubt we will be solo
Unread 31 May 2004, 18:48   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

heh, my nick got mentionned twice in this thread so far and it had infact nothing to do about me ....

no seriously, Waassaa. I'm not gonna defend 1up here but I think your reasoning here is wrong. Like every alliance they play some nice PR on AD, yet there is no such thing as "backfired" in this particular situation. The problem according to me is the following.

AD is full of naïve pple. When 1up came back, a ton of PA celebs came back to the game aswell. Now try to look into the mind of a naïve person ...

Celebs = famous
famous = skilled
skilled = win
win = rest should give up or team against them.

This is what's happening atm. Pple are just afraid of 1up cause they have oohhhh so big bad naughty ex Fury or whatever alliance names (like the entire Ely command, hi btw). But there those pple are just dead wrong. No doubt that they are skilled and will play well, yet hardly better then an alliance like MISTU or Vision or to be gloating, FAnG.

So pple are creating a fear against 1up cause they simply are impressed at their lineup. It's like when you play Real Madrid, yet this season proved how shit you can be even with the best lineup. So if pple will block against 1up, it will be because they are insecure, afraid, too impressed. None of these things we can keep 1up responsible for.

So imo, this has nothing to do with PR that is backfiring, but with naïve AD readers who are making themselves paranoid and rather throw in the towel and block instead of believing in their own alliance and skills. After all, if 50 OLD players can come back and learn the PAX stats during beta, then hell, every noob can. Not like they are skilled (some even come from the Netherlands or Germany so ... )

nway, this is just my opinion, diplomatic as always !!!

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 18:52   #44
waassaa
unknown to all

my point is, that rather than the give up and lose reation, people seem to be seeing them as the first alliance to take down for whatever reasons, thus it has backfired.

Unread 31 May 2004, 18:55   #45
Axis_WLF

kjel actually made a good point "grin". Everyone coming back inspired some of us to return to, could be fun.
Unread 31 May 2004, 19:11   #46
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

The main problem here is, that as a new alliance, 1up as an unbalanced membership.

We have WAY too many members who post regularly on the boards, and who can't ignore a troll with 1up's name on it. I really don't think its swinging the other way. fang just decided to hush some of its members up and keep a lower profile, so now 1up sticks out to the uneducated observer such as yourself.
Unread 31 May 2004, 19:17   #47
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
whatever alliance names (like the entire Ely command, hi btw). But there those pple are just dead wrong.
not the entire command, sure a few have gone there but no where near the entire command

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 19:26   #48
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
my point is, that rather than the give up and lose reation, people seem to be seeing them as the first alliance to take down for whatever reasons, thus it has backfired.
People knew about 'the revival of Fury' long before the anouncement. If 1up had just kept silent all those who were not NAP-ed or allied to 1up would have asumed several other alliances had. So they would try to form as big a block as possible. Everybody not in the block would be expected to be in the 1up block. I think the anouncement worked to prevent that. Although only time can tell if Fang/Mistu/Wp/Nos/LCH/VsN/VGN/Rock etc haven't blocked to stop the 1up block.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 19:27   #49
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
The main problem here is, that as a new alliance, 1up as an unbalanced membership.

We have WAY too many members who post regularly on the boards, and who can't ignore a troll with 1up's name on it. I really don't think its swinging the other way. fang just decided to hush some of its members up and keep a lower profile, so now 1up sticks out to the uneducated observer such as yourself.
have we been introduced ?

so you admit there was an attempt at propaganda, and its still working ok in your "educated observer" opinion, thanks for that.

guess 1UP neads to get some members "who can't ignore a troll with 1up's name on it" to "keep a lower profile" then.

Unread 31 May 2004, 19:29   #50
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
People knew about 'the revival of Fury' long before the anouncement. If 1up had just kept silent all those who were not NAP-ed or allied to 1up would have asumed several other alliances had. So they would try to form as big a block as possible. Everybody not in the block would be expected to be in the 1up block. I think the anouncement worked to prevent that. Although only time can tell if Fang/Mistu/Wp/Nos/LCH/VsN/VGN/Rock etc haven't blocked to stop the 1up block.
There are no uberblocks.