User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Jan 2009, 22:01   #351
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: Round 30 - Gamethread

Quote:
Originally Posted by africa5000 View Post
You sound impressive.
Btw, how many hours of playing WoW did it take you to reach level 5000?

Anyways, enough about me.

Asc + fortress gal for #1 ally and gal, a war that goes longer than 100 ticks, 2 rollbacks and no race based round stagnation.

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 16 Jan 2009 at 22:08.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 05:27   #352
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Boring.
Junglemuffin killed the convo, typical.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 11:33   #353
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I like chicken. i can cook it or fry it, and it still always taste nice even if the universe in PA falls apart. Strange isnt it? that there is a life outside the universe of PA. who gives a shit whos the favorite and not. Lets just play it and change plans as the game goes on, like it should be played.

Btw, If making an impression counts as impressive, then Junglemuffin is certainly impressive in a number of less and more relevant ways of impressing in this game.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 16:32   #354
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I haven't posted on these forums for a bit now, and my new year's promise was to stop babbling about politics. But I'm fairly sure my drunken ramble didn't concern (Galaxy)'tarion scheme, and since I'm lured into this I'll have my word regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Keizari told me he wasn't joining.
This is no secret. I suppose we've all got our perceptions of this, but it's hardly relevant to the picture as a whole. Someone mentioned that the Omen for round 30 isn't the same. Most certainly, Omen's been a fairly adaptive alliance since it's early days. Back in Silverbullet's (hint #1 here) ******** days, Omen (at that point known as Hydra) was a smaller group described best by the trait Achi named as solidarity. Hydra continued in this fashion to round 13 of Planetarion, as the hot headed battlegroup of Wolfpack. The internal solidarity meant there was never real assimilation to the alliance core (very typical to the sorts of battlegroups), and in a way the feeling was mutual.

The Omen that appeared under it's current name for round 17 was a very different one already. Surely, it was built heavily upon the Hydra core, and the leadership was exclusively (bar later on a pair of officers) Hydra, but the expansion from two dozen to seventy people meant a significant change in structure. Round 18 was in similar fashion, more to do with members going in and out (the eXilition effect) than actual structural changes, and the Omen I was heavily involved with was no longer as much of a solidarity project than a feudal structure. Obviously, the more or less mutual termination of my affairs with the alliance expectedly saw significant changes happen, most significantly the eventual merger with Angels.

I don't think Omen today is any of what it's been. At best, you're looking at a Furious-Omen -like structure with a blend of the old solidarity. It doesn't take a houdini to pull this out of a hat - a simple look at the public channel will reveal it all. Even so, a picture lies more than a thousand words. The question that will define the success of this construct will be of solidarity. Whether it can hold together, and whether Omen can beat it's biggest problem ever - the lack of resilience (although rounds 17 and 18 showed Omen had considerable amounts of this, it sometimes felt like a glass house inside built on a few shaky pillars). It's definately an interesting plan. The involvement and impact of a few big names, a few unusual suspects on this scheme, will play a big role. Will there be solidarity or flagshipping? How will the group sustain a 10 week round?

I'm not lying when I'm saying I'm not taking parts in it, albeit a lot of people probably refuse to believe this statement.

Now that we're done with the history lesson, it's time for some facts. Conspiracy Theory is shit (this shouldn't be news to anyone), Assassin has the sort of a reverse touch of Midas (the bloke, everything he touched turned into gold. in this case, everything the bloke gets stabbed by turns into shit, just look at 1up). NewDawn's always been there, and this will be their strength. Again, since certain groups of players have been pulling the playing down our game -trick a lot, many again refuse to believe Ascendancy's current stature after the clear out that went through there after last round. I'm frankly very surprised that the it didn't happen earlier, as by seeing a lot of faces in the alliance channel I'd never ever really believed that'd end up in Ascendancy. I guess a sponsoring circle jerk was behind this, and the view that the "elitist community had been watered down" was surely accurate. They'll obviously be strong given there'll be someone there to sort out things inevitably, the question might be more about whether they'll fit the ranks required to play a top spot. The outsider stature may help, and the fact that the round's going to be long will, if anything, play for Ascendancy.

It's going to be an interesting round, and given it'll be the last in the history of the game under it's current name, it does have a historical weight like none before which will serve as an incentive for the players to push better than what they've done before. This may prove as a key factor for groups like Omen and Ascendancy.

I believe I've got it all covered there. Surely, we've got ToF, Orbit, Rock, and whatever dirt spawns, but nobody's really expecting - rightfully so - for any of these to actually be more than pawns in the game for the winning spot. And whether tiny insignificant alliance Y ends up 3rd or 7th hardly makes any difference in the end. For whom they play their game for is what does. For the flavour edit text, Vengeance is spamming former members' mailboxes with recruitment mails too, so something relatively insignificant is happening there too.

Excuse me, but I'll have to sign up my planet now. I am playing.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 17:33   #355
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

I may be mistaken, but back in Planet-ia, Hydra was a preexisting alliance with a long history (starting back in old Planetarion). Omen was a separate group created by Silverbullet and Shoshuro (possibly started in a different game before coming to Planet-ia, not sure), before merging into Hydra (and keeping the name Hydra). Hydra had up until then been a fairly weak "training alliance" (perhaps akin to F-Crew), but with as you said a strong sense of solidarity. This merge prompted the nickname of "Hydromen" for the following rounds as well as many jokes, before they reverted back to the Omen name. Omen later expanded into other games including PA.

I know this is completely off topic, but just felt like responding to Keizari.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 17:38   #356
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

The merger of Omen to Hydra was a matter of generating a flak core around the fairly small Omen memberbase. This mentioned Omen membercore thus went to play Planetarion 13th under the name of Hydra Battlegroup. Omen as for round 17 in Planetarion was indeed the Planetarion division of the Omen project, which remained the primary project for quite a while, and was followed by namely Travian and Spinner's football management project, whatever it was called.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 22:08   #357
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Fear
A
Godlike
Stoom

since I'm playing r30. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

On a sidenote: **** you CBA.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 22:37   #358
Mav
Band of Brothers

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
I may be mistaken, but back in Planet-ia, Hydra was a preexisting alliance with a long history (starting back in old Planetarion). Omen was a separate group created by Silverbullet and Shoshuro (possibly started in a different game before coming to Planet-ia, not sure), before merging into Hydra (and keeping the name Hydra). Hydra had up until then been a fairly weak "training alliance" (perhaps akin to F-Crew), but with as you said a strong sense of solidarity. This merge prompted the nickname of "Hydromen" for the following rounds as well as many jokes, before they reverted back to the Omen name. Omen later expanded into other games including PA.

Inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
The merger of Omen to Hydra was a matter of generating a flak core around the fairly small Omen memberbase. This mentioned Omen membercore thus went to play Planetarion 13th under the name of Hydra Battlegroup. Omen as for round 17 in Planetarion was indeed the Planetarion division of the Omen project, which remained the primary project for quite a while, and was followed by namely Travian and Spinner's football management project, whatever it was called.
I would say that was inaccurate.

NoS Officer, OMG / Adelante Officer, Eclipse Officer, FAnG HC, Mistu, [1up].
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 22:51   #359
Mav
Band of Brothers

Omen was founded back in ********, the founding members were myself, Killmark, Ronnie, and Drea`D.

I took Omen into Dragons to become a battlegroup, the core consisted of mostly Kralizec players who were very talented and were in some of the most prestigious alliances in Planetarion.

After one round where Omen had established itself as a powerfull force which can be seen if you look at the old ******** rankings lists, including the top galaxy and player, wherever they may be, we set out to become an alliance.

In our first round as alliance as I remember we won the round, the round after is the round where SilverBullet came into the fold and where Hydra also did, my Idea was to take in some of the Hydra core players and use their tools as I remember them to be of a superb quality.
What happened after that was the alliance wanted to go in a different direction and actually join Hydra, as a founding member of Omen I couldn't accept that and left.

Omen then went on to become a gaming community under SilverBullets excellent stewardship in more than ********, and as such has accumulated some excellent players and community members. This has resulted in Omen always been amongst the top alliances ******** and indeed PA has seen over recent times.

Unread 19 Jan 2009, 22:53   #360
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

HEY STOOM I MISSED YOU MAN

Now we just need to find Alki...
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 23:14   #361
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
This has resulted in Omen always been amongst the top alliances ******** and indeed PA has seen over recent times.
Inaccurate on the PA remark. You can hardly claim anything bar Ascendancy (for the sake of being "original") or eXilition to been a top alliance in Planetarion since whatnot round 15 or 16. Since then 1up was balls too. Amusing enough it seems that most of it has been balls for half the rounds of the game.

Which brings up the question of the role of actually discussing the role of the sad last round.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 23:18   #362
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Omen was founded back in ********, the founding members were myself, Killmark, Ronnie, and Drea`D.

I took Omen into Dragons to become a battlegroup, the core consisted of mostly Kralizec players who were very talented and were in some of the most prestigious alliances in Planetarion.

After one round where Omen had established itself as a powerfull force which can be seen if you look at the old ******** rankings lists, including the top galaxy and player, wherever they may be, we set out to become an alliance.

In our first round as alliance as I remember we won the round, the round after is the round where SilverBullet came into the fold and where Hydra also did, my Idea was to take in some of the Hydra core players and use their tools as I remember them to be of a superb quality.
What happened after that was the alliance wanted to go in a different direction and actually join Hydra, as a founding member of Omen I couldn't accept that and left.

Omen then went on to become a gaming community under SilverBullets excellent stewardship in more than ********, and as such has accumulated some excellent players and community members. This has resulted in Omen always been amongst the top alliances ******** and indeed PA has seen over recent times.
Wow, talk about blowing your own horn, Mav.
I had a feeling Kralizec had something to do with it but wasn't sure.
Omen never won a round of Planet-ia pre Hydra merge as an individual alliance.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 23:25   #363
Mav
Band of Brothers

You were both wrong, thought I would enlighten you, that's all.

*edit* Although we are talking a good few years ago here.. some things I guess can get hazy.

Unread 19 Jan 2009, 23:37   #364
Tietäjä
Good Son

We're sidelining though.

What we really want to talk about, is why CT will not win the round.
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 23:42   #365
Mav
Band of Brothers

It's like saying Aston Villa will win the Premiership, they are good, just not good enough.

Unread 20 Jan 2009, 00:22   #366
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

CT are Aston Villa
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 01:20   #367
ellonweb

Did somone just say CT are good?
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 05:22   #368
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

your all scannable now, thats all that truely matters
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 13:33   #369
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
HEY STOOM I MISSED YOU MAN

Now we just need to find Alki...
I never lost him.
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 03:06   #370
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Predictions:
No one is challenging for #1 except Omen (I guess) and ASC. Of these two I think it will be a close race. Most of the hardcore quality players seemed to have migrated to one of those alliances. Both have some really nice people inside, so I wish them both luck and it will be interesting to watch and see who wins.

For the rest of large alliances (only CT), I think it will depend on how many naps they can take early on. After napping big alliances for 3/4 of the round, and being in a position to potentially take the round; I predict CT will challenge for #1 for one week and then fail and get their naps back.

ND is in a great position to help play King Maker to the alliance of their choice, depends who gives them the best offer I guess. They have historically worked well with CT, but in the last few rounds those relations have ostensibly vanished. VGN is, seemingly, not a fan of ASC so I predict they will choose Omen's side. And the pattering of small alliances will follow their own goals, having fun along the way, but I hope they also choose a side and help fight in a big war. Those small alliances can make a difference in the outcome of the round if they choose to.

Just my thoughts..
Good luck to all sides!
Unread 23 Jan 2009, 18:03   #371
Tietäjä
Good Son

In the light of recent events I predict Omen will in fact win.

Sorry guys.
Unread 23 Jan 2009, 18:59   #372
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
In the light of recent events I predict Omen will in fact win.

Sorry guys.
I wonder if Keizari will finally quit wow for the last and final pa round:S

back to topic:

will be a close race between Omen and Asc even tho our bumboys will take the baby home

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2009, 15:31   #373
Stoom
Bragpack™

close race my ass
Unread 5 Feb 2009, 17:20   #374
Wolfeh
Sexeh!!!

Wolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the roughWolfeh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post

Hydra did indeed started in the old PA days with minimad as leader of Hydra, first rounds of Planet-ia, Hydra was one of the biggest alliance with some nice players like smdio... but after that a lot of PA alliances came to planet-ia and minimad left hydra cause he was getting a lil iniminimad, after that Chaos(_shadow) became leader of Hydra and lots of members were leaving to the bigger alliances, still we had a nice small score with people who had fun playing...
After a time MrPink joined in and he wanted to make Hydra a strong gaming community, after a while MrPink, ThePower and me had talks with Omen about a merge, this happened and everything went well and had a nice playerbase with players like rain,voodoo,mystical,wishmaster etc but too many old hydra's quitting online gaming, also MrPink quitted and after that Hydra changed back to Omen! but never really won anything, it's about time it happens now tho
Round 85 - Rank 2 - Ultores (XAN)

Hydra Omen Ultores Zero Tolerance
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2009, 14:50   #375
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

So, whats going on atm? I see that there are plenty of alliances in tight competition?
Unread 13 Feb 2009, 16:00   #376
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
So, whats going on atm? I see that there are plenty of alliances in tight competition?
Good question, I too am an interested observer and the only info i get is from here and Sandmans, who is fighting who, who is siding with who? etc etc
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2009, 17:13   #377
HyperionHK
Lemming

HyperionHK is on a distinguished road

hirr is solidly in the lead
HyperionHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2009, 18:28   #378
_Kila_
break it down!

I hear Omen are hitting HR.
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 02:17   #379
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

round started with ct and omen attacking asc heavy gals.
ct stopped, omen didnt. both got some friends, CT decided to side with asc and are now attacking omen with ascendancy. war is currently ongoing.

as unbiased as I managed

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 04:01   #380
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
round started with ct and omen attacking asc heavy gals.
ct stopped, omen didnt. both got some friends, CT decided to side with asc and are now attacking omen with ascendancy. war is currently ongoing.

as unbiased as I managed
I wouldn't exactly call it the entire story but I think you can see the ballpark so I'll have to forgive it.
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 07:48   #381
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Asc is about to make it 3 in a row D:
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 18:45   #382
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

... with assistance rom CT - for the third round in a row.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 19:08   #383
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ascendancy is 9m and almost 15k roids below CT, 4m and 8k roids (6k yesterday!) below Omen. While I am not denying that we're still in the race, saying we're "about to win" is erroneous.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2009, 20:11   #384
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Ascendancy is 9m and almost 15k roids below CT, 4m and 8k roids (6k yesterday!) below Omen. While I am not denying that we're still in the race, saying we're "about to win" is erroneous.
Its only erroneous if im wrong....

Dont get me wrong. im not saying Asc have 100% got it in the bag, but ive seen them come back from situations not too disimilair to the current one. Perhaps due to my opinion of them, i overrate them and they cant win, whilst on the other hand said Poo, perhaps not,
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 03:06   #385
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
... with assistance rom CT - for the third round in a row.
In round 28 CT were pretty much the only alliance hostile to us for the length of the round. So no.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 05:33   #386
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

That would be "pretty much the only alliance apart from VGN".

And without going through my records I'm prepared to modify my comment to ".... with assistance from CT for the second (and most important) round in a row".
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 09:10   #387
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Its only erroneous if im wrong....
Indeed.

Quote:
Dont get me wrong. im not saying Asc have 100% got it in the bag, but ive seen them come back from situations not too disimilair to the current one. Perhaps due to my opinion of them, i overrate them and they cant win, whilst on the other hand said Poo, perhaps not,
To repeat myself: I'm not saying we're out of the race, but the notion that we're about to win is pretty hilarious.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 10:51   #388
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
CT are Aston Villa
NO!
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 11:28   #389
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:

Now that we're done with the history lesson, it's time for some facts. Conspiracy Theory is shit (this shouldn't be news to anyone), Assassin has the sort of a reverse touch of Midas (the bloke, everything he touched turned into gold. in this case, everything the bloke gets stabbed by turns into shit, just look at 1up). NewDawn's always been there, and this will be their strength. Again, since certain groups of players have been pulling the playing down our game -trick a lot, many again refuse to believe Ascendancy's current stature after the clear out that went through there after last round. I'm frankly very surprised that the it didn't happen earlier, as by seeing a lot of faces in the alliance channel I'd never ever really believed that'd end up in Ascendancy. I guess a sponsoring circle jerk was behind this, and the view that the "elitist community had been watered down" was surely accurate. They'll obviously be strong given there'll be someone there to sort out things inevitably, the question might be more about whether they'll fit the ranks required to play a top spot. The outsider stature may help, and the fact that the round's going to be long will, if anything, play for Ascendancy.

Arnt you a very witty inteligent guy? Considering ive been involved with some top allies over the years who have ended top ranks with me in doesnt make me a curse. Although of course i remember your anti me due to my 'biased ways' (said by you) While been a MH. Maybe you should go over to that grudge thread on the other forum and put me on it? And cheers for the remarks regarding my stabbing, think maybe you should leave your room once and a while and you may experience some life in the real world.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 14:51   #390
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Indeed.

To repeat myself: I'm not saying we're out of the race, but the notion that we're about to win is pretty hilarious.
Please tell me mZ, what part is it exactly that makes you chuckle so contentedly? The fact that you disagree for a change, or that after CT/Omen effectively shut Asc out of the game for the first few hundred ticks, now appear to be opening up the door to victory, and rolling out the red carpet?

Hilarious indeed.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 15:15   #391
_Kila_
break it down!

Well, the fact that Ascendancy is so far behind its competition (10 mil score and 15k roids behind CT) makes it pretty silly to say that they're on the verge of winning the round. They've got a good chance, as do the rest of the top 4, but they're by no means "about to win"
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 23:14   #392
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Please tell me mZ, what part is it exactly that makes you chuckle so contentedly? The fact that you disagree for a change, or that after CT/Omen effectively shut Asc out of the game for the first few hundred ticks, now appear to be opening up the door to victory, and rolling out the red carpet?

Hilarious indeed.
As they say, the third time is the charm.

The notion that Ascendancy is about to win is misguided and wrong because we're not by any stretch of the imagination, and any retard with the capacity to wipe his or her own arse can see it. It makes me laugh that you are apparently so desperate to make us look like the big bad enemy that you ignore whatever evidence lies before you (the ingame universe page, for a start) and instead decide to shit on your keyboard to bring forth these reassuring litanies that confirm reality to be the way you want them to be. It is no small performance that you achieve something that can be vaguely recognised as coherence through this process, kudos there.
Unread 15 Feb 2009, 23:28   #393
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:

The notion that Ascendancy is about to win is misguided and wrong because we're not by any stretch of the imagination, and any retard with the capacity to wipe his or her own arse can see it. It makes me laugh that you are apparently so desperate to make us look like the big bad enemy that you ignore whatever evidence lies before you (the ingame universe page, for a start) and instead decide to shit on your keyboard to bring forth these reassuring litanies that confirm reality to be the way you want them to be. It is no small performance that you achieve something that can be vaguely recognised as coherence through this process, kudos there.
Ladies and gentlemen, a more eloquent way of saying "fuk u ur dum".
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 00:25   #394
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Without eloquence, I am nothing.
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 02:44   #395
_Kila_
break it down!

even with eloquence you're nothing
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 07:26   #396
Stoom
Bragpack™

fuk u ur dum
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 11:32   #397
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
even with eloquence you're nothing
After all I've done for you, this is how you repay me?

~prop kick Kila he's rude and he's mean. ;(
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 13:05   #398
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:

It appears as if you have not adressed my statement in any way, other than which could be achieved by a 5 year old, slinging shit at the wall, because his mother refused to offer her tit.

Now, for those of you with who are stupid, namely mZ who has, oh so eloquently, disproved Darwins theory of evolution by resulting to flowery language along the lines of FU, UR SHIT and ILL CRY LIKE A BITCH COS I DIDNT GET MY CAWK, i will repeat the question.

What part of my statements dont u agree with?

That Asc are not likely winners because they are behind the _current_ #1 ally? May i quote from PA wiki "During the last half of the round, Ascendancy, playing under the tag STOOMTHEREVIVAL stormed from rank 7 to rank 1." Forgive me for seeing the possibility that after doing it once, that Asc could not do it again. After all: “The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” — Albert Einstein

(Allthough in the past i have no doubt, by being named after your faithfull and highly sexual leader, all of "THESTOOMS" ships where endowed with a bonus 1 million AC and 999 DC thereby giving THESTOOM/Asc an unfair advantage, i do find it scary that this same godlike/sentient/skill giving person is again, playing for Asc.)

Perhaps you disagree with the concept that an ally so far behind #1 are not capable of cathing them? In which case, may i remind you, an ally who shall remain nameless , was #5th, no more than 200 ticks ago, with todays attacks pending, have all but over taken the #1 ranked ally from 200 ticks ago, namely, Omen.

Again for those of us who apparantly cannot make minor estimations/extrapolations based on experience, “The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” — Albert Einstein. Allthough apparantly, Mr OneBeer's statement may not be relevant to our current predicament. When Asc began their eventual clumb to #1, they where ranked 7th. This round, prior to surpassing the #1 at time, they where rank, i believe #5th. Yes, indeed they are irelevant, currently (allthough not for long) Asc, are placed #4th.

Edit: My apologies mZ. Upon writing this post Asc where placed #4th on roids and placed #4th. Currently they are ranked #2nd on roids, and soon to be #3rd on overall score.

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 16 Feb 2009 at 13:20.
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 13:35   #399
_Kila_
break it down!

Junglemuffin nobody has denied that Ascendancy are still in the race. We are. We may even win this round. But the point is that it's far from decided and saying that we're about to win is silly because that would imply that we have some huge advantage and almost have the round wrapped up, which is a silly thing to imply when we're ~10mil and 15k roids behind CT.
Unread 16 Feb 2009, 13:41   #400
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom View Post
fuk u ur dum
Quote:
It appears as if you have not adressed my statement in any way, other than which could be achieved by a 5 year old, slinging shit at the wall, because his mother refused to offer her tit.

Now, for those of you with who are stupid, namely mZ who has, oh so eloquently, disproved Darwins theory of evolution by resulting to flowery language along the lines of FU, UR SHIT and ILL CRY LIKE A BITCH COS I DIDNT GET MY CAWK, i will repeat the question.
Quote:

So this is all that evolution malarky Darwin talked about.