User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jul 2004, 15:54   #1
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Thumbs up [Event] Galaxy Banner contest

**********EVENT CLOSED - RESULTS BEING PROCESSED*************

Dear planetarion community,

This is with pleasure that we at #PA announce that we will run for the next 2 weeks a galaxy banner contest.

Quote:
There are 10 credits up for grabs and places in the Closed r12 Beta
What would be your income?
We will be giving out prizes for winners as we will do for future contests.

The prizes are as the following:
(Credits and Beta accesses courtesy of PATEAM and jolt)
1st galaxy banner win 3 credits
2nd and 3rd places win 1 credit each
1st funny galaxy banner win 3 credits
2nd and 3rd galaxies banners win 1 credit each

All top10 galaxy banner who made into the vote will win a free access to the closed BETA of round12

When does it start?
It starts from now, the last date we will receive galaxy banner will be on the Saturday 14th at 24:00 Planetarion time. (DELAYED TO THE 21TH - same hour)

What is this all about?
Basically, being part of the contest doesnt recquire you any membership to planetarion but being part of one of the past round or the current one of having a basic knowledge of the game would be a bonus.

To be able to take part of this galaxy banner contest, you have to create a jpg or a gif image with the size of 500*250 (width * height) and a maximum of 250 kb.
you are free to decide which theme you are choosing, but having some link to PA (alliance, person, rules, object) is preferred.

If your image is complex, adding another 2 images in different steps of making is needed, if somehow the judge's panel will doubt about the copyright of the picture, it will be disqualified from the contest.

How do i participate then?
Send the pictures to [email protected] preferably zipped with the 3 pictures ( the final one + 2 steps of preparations) include a text file where you write your email, your name, your nick and a few lines about the banner and a title to the image.
Images recieved with one or more of these missing or incorrect may result in the entry being removed

How the winner will be picked up?
A panel of judges, all skilled graphics designers (right now anonymous to avoid corruption ;p) will choose the top10 galaxies banners.
it will be done as following, each judge will receive a galaxy banner and will have to give it a mark from 1 to 10 in each sub-sections.
Sub-sections being:
-Originality
-Comedic value
-Use of graphics
-Complexity
Each sub-section having an equivalent of 25% of the final mark.
The top10 galaxy banners will be picked up following their respective marks and then they will enter in a poll addressed to all planetarion community players where you will have the right to choose who is the best banner.
The first banner will win the 1st prize.

After finishing the voting of the best galaxy banner, all galaxy banner will be looked up by their comedic value mark and the one having the best mark will be picked up as "funniest" galaxy banner and will receive 3 credits and his runner up will receive one credit each as a consolation price.

All banners will be posted in a gallery to let the planetarion community to look at them.

*The contest is limited to 1 galaxy banner per person.
*Judge or their family cannot apply for the contest.

May the best Galaxy banner win.

Quote:
Statistics:
22 galaxies banners received so far.

Last edited by alch; 22 Aug 2004 at 17:40.
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 16:09   #2
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough
Re: [Event] Galaxy Banner contest

Please note: Pictures containing nudity, racial, or any other offensive or otherwise discriminative material shall be disregarded.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 16:19   #3
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

yay /me starts paint

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 14:35   #4
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
To be able to take part of this galaxy banner contest, you have to create a jpg or a gif image with the size of 500*250 (width * height) and a maximum of 250 kb.
you are free to decide which theme you are choosing, but having some link to PA (alliance, person, rules, object) is preferred.
why this limits? i have such great banner's which are sadly around 1mb. gifs of course. they would prolly make the pixel sizes.
not fair
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 17:29   #5
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

sorry, but i think there should be some limit, and you are welcome to make new banner under theses restrictions, providing 2 steps of preparation (remember)
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 22:02   #6
Mav
Band of Brothers

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll give it a shot when im home.

NoS Officer, OMG / Adelante Officer, Eclipse Officer, FAnG HC, Mistu, [1up].
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 22:34   #7
alch
Retired

we might give more credits, i am waiting on some new donation of credits to make the whole setup much more attractive
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 23:54   #8
alch
Retired

Ok this is official, jolt and PATEAM have donated to me 10 credits + 10 free accesses to the Closed BETA of round12.
I might say i am very happy of how thing look like the last days, people are making efforts in order to help the initiative.

thanks all of you for the support we are getting.
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 02:06   #9
alch
Retired

So far, 6 entries have been received so far.
So Ladies and Gentlemen, try your best and send us more entries...
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 17:17   #10
alch
Retired

Quote:
As to the contest, will there be a nice gallery where we can see all the entries? Would be neat.
All banners will be posted in a gallery to let the planetarion community to look at them.
(if you guys take the time to read the initial thread you would see i originally posted that it would be in fact the case, instead of posting irrelevant posts to the thread.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 20:01   #11
alch
Retired

Bumped
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 17:17   #12
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Can those who have written irrelevenant posts please remove them, or better still those "with da POWER" delete them and update this completely so it has the great 10credit update in a more prominent spot :-)

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 10:35   #13
alch
Retired

Re: [Event] Galaxy Banner contest (10 credits and more available for winners)

11 galaxies banners entries so far.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 10:41   #14
syrek

syrek is an unknown quantity at this point

11, that's not much

Proud to be TFD in hart, mind and soul
syrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 11:02   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Who is paying for these credits btw?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 11:10   #16
alch
Retired

jolt.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 15:03   #17
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

i will start making 1 as soon as i come home

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Đ] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 15:08   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I really hope there are more entries, a 1st event is an important one, if the community don't get involved then we may have to donated fewer credits for future events :/

So go draw pictures even if they are stickmen! there is a prize for comedy as well

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 17:10   #19
alch
Retired

indeed. everyone can win here, the competition is not only based on Design skills but your ability to make the judge laugh
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 21:24   #20
alch
Retired

bumped
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 09:27   #21
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

I'd enter myself, but if i won i'd never find a use for 10 credits other than handing them out to random PPL, mostly pe0ns in one of the alliances im tied to.

Wouldn't mind being in the closed Beta though
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:35   #22
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

You only win three credits :P 6 if you're brilliant AND funny, like me...
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 12:06   #23
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Yes but im going to use my multiple personalities to enter 6 times, and win 1st, 2nd 3rd and the funny pic prize
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 03:32   #24
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Yegads! How can we combat this vile scheme?!?
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 09:49   #25
alch
Retired

WE have decided to delay the competition in another 1 week , to allow more users to prepare themselves to send their entries, the competition will end the Saturday 21th same hour.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 20:08   #26
Teas

Teas is an unknown quantity at this point

Why inserting a comedic value? I take it the banner HAS to be funny and i dont get why.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:23   #27
alch
Retired

Because we want to have funny entries aswell.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 20:07   #28
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

and it gives non-gfx designers and the non-artistic sort to put some entries in.
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 02:10   #29
Busted
Not the band.

Busted is an unknown quantity at this point

it's over!
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2004, 11:14   #30
alch
Retired

indeed. the competition is over, now it will take some time to judge all the entry according our standarts and upload them to some gallery, please allow us 1 week for processing the entries and giving out the prizes.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:09   #31
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
and it gives non-gfx designers and the non-artistic sort to put some entries in.

/me waves
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 19:12   #32
CrazyMike

CrazyMike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
making rules then ignoring em :P
CrazyMike is offline   Reply With Quote