User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jun 2006, 09:31   #1
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
Exciling

just a quickie b4 i nip off to work :P

How about having 2 excile options,..
1 which is as it is normaly now,.. you pay X amount, and you could end up anywhere
and
2 which costs twice/thrice, as much but gaurentee's your in a top 50 (or 100?) galaxy.

Probably make the second option ONLY avalible to PAID accounts.
Also possibly make this a one off thing, if your still not happy, then you can only use the first excile option of going anywhere,...

This way people who find themselves active on their own in a galaxy full of inactives,.. have a chance of having a decent round,.. Thus, come back for another round,.. thus more people play,.. more planets, more galaxies,.. more money,... and Rocko saves PA!!!!.................
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 11:36   #2
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about
Re: Exciling

Intresting idea actually! assuming top X galaxys have exiled enougth people for you to join them

Only thing is that it might make the top X galaxies even stronger and make too large a divide?

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 15:18   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont see how it would work tbh. The problems I see are

1) Everyones going to pay the extra for that increased chance. However with people all guarenteeing a certain level of galaxy spaces are going to run out fast
2) If you can only use it once what happens when you use it and the galaxy decided that as they are #1 contenders your not good enough anbd exile you. With spaces at any half decent galay filled quickly due to the enw systems your probally stuck in some shit inactive galaxy
3) New players coming into the game will always get stuck in a rubbish galaxy and may never get the advice and guidence they need early on if they are going to keep playing the game
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 15:48   #4
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

tbh, i would like to stray from that idea in completly opposite direction.

I think exiling should go by value, and higher value players should have higher chance of ending up in a smaller galaxy.

That would promote balancing out galaxies. Make it harder to win, and give new players a chance to have fun in PA.

Lets tru not to be selfish and only think about your personal benefit while making posts on suggestion boards Lets try to better the game and community instead. As some guy said greater good is that completly opposite of that of a personal nature
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 16:00   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
1) Everyones going to pay the extra for that increased chance. However with people all guarenteeing a certain level of galaxy spaces are going to run out fast
It could just say that no new spaces are available at the time, and not expend your only chance of using the lucky exile...

Quote:
2) If you can only use it once what happens when you use it and the galaxy decided that as they are #1 contenders your not good enough anbd exile you. With spaces at any half decent galay filled quickly due to the enw systems your probally stuck in some shit inactive galaxy
This is a far more important concern; i would imagine that it means you get unlucky :\. I dont know as yet how to resolve this (unless you make it a top 25-100 or whatever band to remove some of the extremes. Or even a "middle 50% of galaxies" to stay out of the uber and the uber-inactive galaxies).

More thought needed.

Quote:
3) New players coming into the game will always get stuck in a rubbish galaxy and may never get the advice and guidence they need early on if they are going to keep playing the game
Many new players to the game already get stuck in rubbish galaxies filled with inactive players who hardly (if ever) log in - an idling planet isnt going to be much use, obviously.

Methinks that there needs to be a shift to external help for players - i've tried for some time to make guides and the like to help players regardless of their galaxies or skill levels to be able to access and learn from, most recently through the Useful Links thread and the PAWiki. Whilst i know that there is only a certain amount that can be taught remotely, it might make it much more beneficial to (particularly new) players if a semi-interative tutorial is developed (through quests or whatnot), so players who are in a crap galaxy this round use the time to learn how to play, and join a better galaxy next round.

Tbh, this final concern is a problem with all exile-related suggestions and not specific to this one only, and perhaps needs a more broad or innovative solution.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 18:02   #6
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh

I think exiling should go by value, and higher value players should have higher chance of ending up in a smaller galaxy.

That would promote balancing out galaxies. Make it harder to win, and give new players a chance to have fun in PA.

Lets tru not to be selfish and only think about your personal benefit while making posts on suggestion boards Lets try to better the game and community instead. As some guy said greater good is that completly opposite of that of a personal nature
If you do this you will perhaps gain a little more newbies, but cause a lot of experienced players to quit the game. It's just not fun to be around with a lot of inactives. Newbies are OK to me but inactives are not. I think it is the group of people that invests a reasonable amount of time into the game, who should be listened to most. Cause they are the ones to benefit from it, not the inactives.

Can someone inactive actually bother about an inactive gal? I think it would be best to order the universe by activity, counting the top 500 players (on activity, not score) as the highest active status, and remove buddy packs. No more trouble exiling all the time
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 18:08   #7
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The problem is that the bottom level of galaxies are generally unsalvagable, so youd pretty much be saying that no high value planet could ever take the chance of exiling. Not that high value planets do that much exiling.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 20:06   #8
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Thats actually a much better suggestion!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 21:30   #9
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Pateam should make an automatic, un-deletable thread in every gal forum every round explaining the basics to new players.
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 21:49   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
If you do this you will perhaps gain a little more newbies, but cause a lot of experienced players to quit the game. It's just not fun to be around with a lot of inactives. Newbies are OK to me but inactives are not. I think it is the group of people that invests a reasonable amount of time into the game, who should be listened to most. Cause they are the ones to benefit from it, not the inactives.

Can someone inactive actually bother about an inactive gal? I think it would be best to order the universe by activity, counting the top 500 players (on activity, not score) as the highest active status, and remove buddy packs. No more trouble exiling all the time
it is indeed a double edged sword - the advantages are as you say for the new players potentially AND crucially that people might give their first galaxy a better chance.

Frankly I;d be in favour of removing exile entirly and having some sort of regular reshuffle of certain planets...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 22:27   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
/me bashes head against wall
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote