User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Jun 2006, 13:26   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
PAWiki needs a staff editor

I haven't been in a position to put much in the way of worthwhile contributions on PAWiki for a while now, but now I'm no longer inclined to spend my time maintaining the spam blacklist and rolling back spam posts. To this end, I'm looking for someone to take my role as the 'staff editor' on PAWiki.

The position would involve about 2-4 hours of work per week, with somewhat more work at the end and beginning of rounds, and less during the between round period.

Tasks would include:
  • Keeping up on recent edits.
  • Hanging out in #pawiki on an irregular basis.
  • Rolling back spam edits and updating the blacklist to block further spam.
  • Updating the top100 planet/galaxy/alliance rankings at the end of the round (plus the backlogged rankings).
  • Optional: keep a running commentary on the round going on the soapbox.
  • Optional: occasionally contribute articles based on current events and AD threads.

Qualifications required aren't many. Decent English is required. A passing familiarity with HTML would help, but isn't necessary.

If no one applies I'm going to take the wiki down as I'd rather not it become a dead spamtrap. If I do this, I'll make the database available to anyone who wants.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 13:32   #2
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: PAWiki needs a staff editor

I know HTML to an extent... and my english is above average usually I'd be willing to help out if you want.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 14:14   #3
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Cool. You can make your application by rolling back the 200 or so spam edits currently in the recent edits log. Make sure you add all domain names to the blacklist page.

If you still want the job after that, you're it.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 14:19   #4
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

You really know how to motivate people, don't you?
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 14:26   #5
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
You really know how to motivate people, don't you?
I don't want someone who says yes because they want to be nice and helpful, then doesn't do anything. Baptism by fire is the only way to go.

Make no mistake about it, part of why I've downprioritized this is because it's a shitty job. Reverting 200 edits isn't too bad (I've done 500 in under 2 hours), but it's easily the worst part of the job. If someone can hack that, they can hack doing the other stuff that's more rewarding.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 22:07   #6
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Will do. Can you give me a couple of days though? I'm currently in Newcastle UK, and am not back in Canada until june 9th...
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 22:13   #7
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Will do. Can you give me a couple of days though? I'm currently in Newcastle UK, and am not back in Canada until june 9th...
and you never told me?? i live near newcastle...coulda come for a beer or 6 with you ffs

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 22:22   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

there's pr0n on the wiki!!!!!

(/me votes to keep pr0n there, this is the internet afterall)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 23:45   #9
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

I can spare some time intermittently, but not at a consistent rate.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 23:48   #10
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
I can spare some time intermittently, but not at a consistent rate.
That's great, but I need someone who can commit. Sorry
Unread 7 Jun 2006, 00:16   #11
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

If you can't find any is there any chance that you can lock it for new posts/edits and complete the rollbacks that need to be done?

It would be a shame to lose the resource, even if it can no longer be updated.
Unread 7 Jun 2006, 09:48   #12
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
If you can't find any is there any chance that you can lock it for new posts/edits and complete the rollbacks that need to be done?

It would be a shame to lose the resource, even if it can no longer be updated.
I'd rather not. Putting up a page like Scouse' is one option (that requires more work than I can be arsed with), but leaving the wiki up but closed would leave the responsibilities on my shoulders (just more explicitely). I get enough* people coming to me saying 'this is wrong on the wiki, fix it' as is. Not being able to tell people to 'go fix it yourself' would suck.

Like I said, I will be releasing the database to anyone interested in mirroring it, so if you want to host a version of PAWiki sans editing rights, you'd be free to.

* Ok, barely any these days.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 20:36   #13
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have been looking round the site and I think this is the best page:
Quote:
Hello, supergemz here, or gemzie, or gemz :P

Well I have had quite a few relationships online, in fact I would say most of my relationships are from the Internet. I didn't even meet half of them :S Some lasted a few hours, which was pathetic, and others lasted up to a month. My most memerable relationships was some1 called Biya from GLX \o/ he was a nice guy, we always talked. But I only saw 1 pic of him hehee, and I never met him. Also there was PyRo`, we lasted 5 - 6 months, lived 350 miles away but managed to see each other a grand total of 3 times (!) cos I had money :P But the last time we met each other didn't go well imo and things went downhill from there

Anyway that was general trend of how I have lived my life of relationships for the past few years. You may think it is a load of rubbish but it isn't! Cos...

Atm my current b/f is Yeggstry He is a VERY nice guy.... I met him irl at the start of march at a Planetarion meet, in Hitchin (which was 2 days). We had no intention of "Hitchin up" or such, cos in fact I was after Kloopy, but that's a different story!.. but anyway at around 2 am in the morning we started playing truth or dare with Wonkey and Cheeky... that was fun Well it got to the point where I subtly hinted Cheeky to make meh kiss Yeggy as a dare :P which wasn't really a dare to me at the time cos I had it in my head that I just wanted to kiss him Well I kissed him, and then my next dare ended up using tongues, then after that... I done a few other things to him which I wont say here! heh, but a few hours later we got a few hours "rest" but ended up snogging for hours. It was really really nice.... just huggling him at the early hours of the morning.
http://www.myspace.com ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 20:41   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the preservation of that moment is probably nodrog's best contribution to the internet ever.