User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2004, 15:37   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Dark BASIC

does anyone here have any experiance with Dark BASIC?
what i want to do is make a sort of mario-esque 2D educational sidescroller for Pre-School children (it's for my A-Level Computing Project). What i was thinking was instead of having to jump on the enemies to kill them, the children had to solve (very) simple maths problems (2+3 = ? etc). however, i have got no idea what so ever of where to start. I'm using DBC so any help would be much appreciated
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 16:16   #2
'|'empest
Stoke

'|'empest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dark BASIC

That sounds far in excess of what you need to do for an a level project tbh.

If your exam board is the same mine was (OCR) I think they don't care about stuff like that, but they want you to be able to demonstrate simple DB theory, with normalisation and crap, although a game would be more fun to do, i doubt it would lend itself well to that. Also, if you have no idea where to start then you're just making life more difficult for yourself, you can get an A putting to use everything you've been taught already.
'|'empest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 17:30   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

No experience with Dark Basic, but many answers regarding games can be found here. I did see a number of dark basic threads on that forum in the past.

I COULD help you with C++/OpenGL though.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 18:39   #4
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
No experience with Dark Basic, but many answers regarding games can be found here. I did see a number of dark basic threads on that forum in the past.

I COULD help you with C++/OpenGL though.
speaking of which, I already have a solid understanding of C & C++, OpenGL has always escaped me though, I might borrow on your talents some time
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 14:54   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
speaking of which, I already have a solid understanding of C & C++, OpenGL has always escaped me though, I might borrow on your talents some time
Sure...