User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 15 Sep 2004, 08:45   #1
'|'empest
Stoke

'|'empest is an unknown quantity at this point
[Java] Erasing an image

if i paint an image to a frame, is it possible to erase it?

If so how? :\
'|'empest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 08:57   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Java] Erasing an image

You could draw a rectangle of the frame's background colour over it, I guess.
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 09:44   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Java] Erasing an image

Not explicitly the image itself. Once it's drawn it's in the screen buffer and everything in that buffer is put on the screen.
You can either:
- Clear the buffer and redraw the whole screen without the image
- Put a rectangle over the image

I don't know how this works out in code. It's been a long time since I touched Java. I know this with the screen buffer works because I have used it in an old game.