User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Sep 2006, 00:47   #51
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Get rid of Zik!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
if i ever end up in the army and going to war, i'm going to be sure to make a thread on my enemy country's main internet forum asking them to avoid headshots as that is demoralising.
... read again : wargame
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 17:39   #52
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

I've never been fleet caught (touch wood), but it must be demoralising. How about when a planet is attacked and his ships destroyed/stolen he gets 90% of the ships worth back in salvage.

I play guild wars, (Got no money for wow!) And when you die you are resurrected at the same level but with a penalty whilst on the quest.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 20:16   #53
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
... read again : wargame
It amazes me how often people forget that games are suppposed to be fun to play.

But it seems many players would rather drive people away from PA to give themselvs a better shot at winning than encourage fun competition.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 01:29   #54
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I wholeheartedly disagree, if I cba I would dig up some of the threads after that round, but the general consensus about r14 was that it lead to extremly much bashing.

i must agree with kargool, i left round 14 with 2 weeks to go, as i had more than enough of the bashing myself and other friends were constantly under..

though zik are often the biggest guys around doing the bashing..
anyone that was sending 5000 cr as i saw in round 14, or 2000 bs, or whatever , just to steal 75 or so roids were doing more harm to the game as they push players out of planetarion faster , by bashing , then any code change ever have.. or any stat change for that matter..

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 11:29   #55
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

In my view R14 was one of my favorite rounds in terms of interesting stats. As the non zik race steal ships were not eta (fleetcatch on the same tick as the class it catches) as the class they could not steal I wouldnt say it was a bad thing as it did make ingal deffing and attacks more interesting. I loved faking my bs fleet with them wyverns + nixes = my total nixiesto gain extra de ships with ingal deffing

I would say it depends on the level yourself and your ally is at.
If you are playing at the top level then fleetcatches are a given at that level.

In other words it comes with the territory.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 12:32   #56
Jackie

Jackie has a spectacular aura aboutJackie has a spectacular aura aboutJackie has a spectacular aura about

I did no study whatsoever to the following thing I am about to say, but:

Remove zik = losing a LOT players in the next round(s)
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2006, 01:06   #57
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

The best way to even out ziks would be to remove the large bias towards value over xp. Bring back xp whoring!
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 13:45   #58
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

They should just remove combat from Planetarion, that would make it much more fair and allow new players to really get a foothold into the game.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 16:48   #59
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why can't it just be made so that for every ship a Zik steals, 25%-75% of their ships required (the figure would need to be tested, I'm not sure which would be fairest) gets used up in the steal?

It could be similar to the EMP Resistance thing - for instance stealing a Harpy takes up more Zik ships than stealing a Pulsar.

That way Ziks would get some losses from stealing ships and wouldn't just grow and grow with gigantic fleets.

It isn't that complicated and I'm sure would take only a small tweak to the stats.
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 06:17   #60
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Why can't it just be made so that for every ship a Zik steals, 25%-75% of their ships required (the figure would need to be tested, I'm not sure which would be fairest) gets used up in the steal?
What i was hoping the new combat engine would have would be to split armour up into three values;

1) Conventional Armour (refered to as "Armour"). This is the attribute of the targeted ship that is used in kill calculations; eg against conventional kill ships like Terran ships, Xan ships, non-EMP Cath ships and non-steal Zik ships - in essence, all those who do normal kill damage.
2) EMP Armour (refered to as "EMP Resistance"). This is the attribute of the targeted ship that works exactly like the ship's Conventional armour, using the same combat engine, however is only used in an EMP calculation; eg Cath EMP ships only will fire on this armour.
3) Steal Armour (refered to as "Steal Resistance"). This is the attribute of the targeted ship that works exactly like the above, but you guessed it! Only Steal Ships fire on this armour, and losses are calculated.

That way, you can have a ship with exceptionally high (conventional) Armour, which is very vulnerable to EMP ships because of low EMP resistance, and is moderately good at resisting stealing. As such, you'd send such a ship up against Xans or Terrans, but it would be pretty useless against Caths, and moderately handy against Ziks.

Similarly, races could be sorted like this, eg; Terran ships have high armour, low EMP res and medium steal res, Xan ships could have low armour, medium EMP res and high steal res, Cath ships could have medium armour, medium EMP res and medium steal res, and Ziks could have whatever.

Then statbuilders would have a lot more room to play with attacking combos, and bring alot more vitality to the ship stats.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 03:03   #61
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

3 thumbs up for UN! (If someone can lend me one thumb plz).
<dream>It's worth delaying R19 by a week and reworking all the stats...</dream>
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 03:29   #62
unimatrix

unimatrix is on a distinguished road

i usualy play with zik and your friend who didnt log in could always have fled or gotten defence. There is no excuse for just watching your fleet be stolen. Dont ban something u cant handle.

xVx Morale HC R 90

We shall rise like a phoenix

ancient times :

vVv , Angel , Fury , Ğragons , TUD, TGE, eclipse , 4D , chaoz , ACID , Vision , Osiris , Newdawn , xVx , CT

unimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 17:05   #63
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

i dont see why we should ban ziks. At the end of the day all zik ships are made crap and anyone can land on them. If ziks have to attack n00bs for idol fleets then so be it. WHile there out doing that ill be at there planet taking there roids
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 19:59   #64
crazypyro
Sir WhoDaNanny

crazypyro can only hope to improve

I personally love the Ziks, been a Zik every round, except last round and this round. Although i play an unorthodox way with them.

But I see two ways to solving this Zik problem.
  1. You consider stolen ships killed ships and apply the salvage formula to them
  2. You trade ships. And i don't mean you take their ships you give them yours.
To elaborate on #2, i will use an example.
For simplisticy i will say it requires 2 thiefs to steal 1 harpy.

So lets say you want to steal 1000 harpies, you have 3000 thiefs.
your 3000 will steal all 1000 harpies, but you lose 2000 thiefs, because it requires 2 thiefs per 1 harpy. So at the end of the battle you only have 1000 thiefs left, and you gained all 1000 harpy.

This method would slow down the ability for Ziks to quick hit, and at the same time make them calculate there attacks as they lose x amount of ships per x stolen, forcing them to rebuild there stealers before attempting it again. While this may lead to more fleetcatchs for a guranteed worthwhile steal, but at the same time a worthwhile steal will be against a bigger planet/alliance since there fleets are built.

just my nickle and 2 cents
crazypyro is offline   Reply With Quote