User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 May 2006, 20:04   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Ps3

It's confirmed. I'm getting mine for £500 with two control pads (can't remember if both are wireless, one definitely is), a 60GB hard-drive and a game/ HD-DVD/Blu-ray dvd.

Unfortunately, it will be the black colour because the other two colours won't be available to Europe until 2007. I so wanted the white colour.

Just thought I share it with you all.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2006, 20:21   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ps3

if i have money i will get one.
Unread 14 May 2006, 21:21   #3
DaffyDuck

DaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really niceDaffyDuck is just really nice

when do they come for sale in the uk?? only seen one demo of it and i admit it looks awesome! £500 gonna b worth it tho?
DaffyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2006, 22:06   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyDuck
only seen one demo of it and i admit it looks awesome!
There are, currently, no working PS3s. The demos, by and large, (and including the better ones) were running on PCs.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2006, 22:55   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Item: 1 can of white spray paint.

What have you got to lose, except £500 of swanky consumer electronics?
Unread 15 May 2006, 02:41   #6
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyDuck
when do they come for sale in the uk?? only seen one demo of it and i admit it looks awesome! £500 gonna b worth it tho?
17th November I believe.

It actually works out at £410 approx for the PS3 with one control pad. I havent heard of it being bundled with two control pads (thats something for later for a different colour PS3) and there has been no price point of any games or accessories yet.

Honestly, from what I've seen the PS3 isnt better than the Xbox 360 which is only £280 basic and as its been out longer it's going to have a MUCH BETTER catalogue of games. PS3 graphics as shown as E3 arent better than the 360 - there are no "major" titles at launch. The main games for the PS3 wont be out till 2007 for the Spring/Summer at best. With developers having difficulty with the kits to develop for the PS3 then that's just going to make games miss the launch window more and encounter delays.

As Moore said, why buy the PS3 when you can get the 360 AND Wii together?
Both of which will give you such an abundance of available games that will far surpass the PS3.

Personally, I'd wait till 07 for the PS3 for when its hardware is actually being taken advantage of. We're only just now starting to see Next Gen games come out for the 360 - like Gears of War.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 09:03   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
17th November I believe.
That's likely to be a paper launch. There are reports that the Cell is having much lower yields than expected, and that doesn't even start to address the problem Sony have of actually getting the thing working - there are no actual PS3s on the floor at E3.
Unread 15 May 2006, 10:03   #8
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
There are, currently, no working PS3s. The demos, by and large, (and including the better ones) were running on PCs.
Erm....no.

I'm resting my feet on one now. Developers have had full working kits for the past 12 months. I assure you, no demo's over the past 6 months have been on PC.

Quote:
That's likely to be a paper launch. There are reports that the Cell is having much lower yields than expected, and that doesn't even start to address the problem Sony have of actually getting the thing working - there are no actual PS3s on the floor at E3.
There were lots of PS3 kits at E3 (in fact the demo's were running on them), as there was at GDC.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi

Last edited by SbOlly; 15 May 2006 at 10:13.
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 10:20   #9
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4768829.stm -> sounds rather impressive to me.

Also, my friend who works for Sony Europe agrees with Sb0lly.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 10:28   #10
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I cant believe any of you are seriously thinking of buying this console (or any console) as soon as its released.

If the PS2 taught me anything at all its wait a few generations..

The first gen i bought had a complete cd drive failure after about a month and had to be replaced. The 'second generation' one was fine for 3ish years until it began scratching the crap out of Game discs.

Apparently its a common fault on earlier systems.

So with PS3 i think i shall wait a few months for both prices to fall and 'bugs' to be fixed.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 10:44   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Erm....no.
Yeah, I was wrong (on further investigation).
Unread 15 May 2006, 11:03   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Nintendo.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 12:19   #13
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Erm....no.

I'm resting my feet on one now. Developers have had full working kits for the past 12 months. I assure you, no demo's over the past 6 months have been on PC.

There were lots of PS3 kits at E3 (in fact the demo's were running on them), as there was at GDC.
Yes, that's why you've got a video from joystiq of a PS3 crashing during the new Sonic. But seriously, Sony WILL meet the date - they wouldn't have released the date otherwise.

It's going to be tight though - for both Sony and the game developers. The launch titles won't be great - possibly Heavenly Sword leading the way.

There is going to be a massive shortage in my honest opinion - probably worse than the 360 because at least Microsoft gave themselves alot longer and had less assigned to Japan overall compared to Europe and the US. Plus Sony shut down some of its factories last year to cut costs which will only hamper their production capabilities. Even if they DO meet their 4 mill target for the period - thats at best 1.3 mill for each region (US, Euro, Japan) and Europe got 1 million Xbox 360's for INITIAL launch and that was drastically short. My store (one of the major in the region) only got half a dozen systems to actually sell, rest were reserved and that was only around 100 360s. Notice how Sony said 4 million over the period not ready for launch. That implies to me that we're looking at equivalent to Xbox 360 launch if not worse - and Sony were one of the first to criticize Microsoft for it.

Problem is that both the PS3 and Xbox 360 look 'impressive' but neither are actually using all their power yet - although the 360 is starting to get tapped more and more (compare say Call of Duty 2 to the new Gears of War coming out or even compare CoD 2 which was launch to GRAW - the differences are astounding and that's only within a 6 month launch window!)

Blue-ray? Who really -cares- about that yet? DVD was an excellent idea as it was about to go mainstream and so it fit the PS2 really well. But this time, the consumer is somewhat reluctant to have to go out and buy a new format - DVD will remain popular for quite awhile I believe and its not going to improve our games for awhile yet.

Plus Jammy is right, this is first generation for the console itself - the 360 has been hit with cooling problems (although most of these are fault of the consumer itself in storing it in a cramped place or on carpet) and it got blown completely out of proportion with the media - how do I know? Because we get alot of 'claimed' faulties on the machine. We had one customer complain his 360 kept on freezing on his games and demanded a refund - we tested out the 360 for 9 hours instore and then left ito overnight for over 12 hours and then tested again for another 4-5 hours instore the next day. Not one single crash or problem with it.

The PS3 is going to be much much worse (look at the problem with PS2's) - as its the first gen Blue-Ray drives and cheap ones at that. Plus its the first hybrid as the Blue-Ray drive has 'something' else in order to play DVD's (normal Blue-Ray drives cant play DVDs).

If the PS3 was a totally superior system I could understand the desire to get one right away, but its overcosted in my opinion for what its going to provide.
The Xbox 360 provides better - especially as you can get the system + a few games for just the 'cripple' PS3 cost.

I'm somewhat hoping the Xbox 360 will come out with bundle that gives Gears of War and a wireless bridge at £380ish as it'd put it as equal to a cripple PS3 plus 1 game.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 15 May 2006, 12:25   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

So with PS3 i think i shall wait a few months for both prices to fall and 'bugs' to be fixed.

Bugs won't really get fixed for awhile. The most likely culprit of failure with the PS3 is going to be the Blue-ray drive. Look how long it took Sony to even admit their was a problem with their PS2. Plus when the PSP came out - Sony told us that any dead pixels did not come under the warranty as it was 'expected' from that technology. It was only if there were 'many' dead pixels that 'disrupted gameplay' that it -could- be claimed.

As for price - Sony won't drop the price of the PS3 for a long time. Not until sales dip. The only reason prices came down so quickly at the "last" gen was due to a battle of prices between the consoles. Remember that the PS2 was the most expensive last round and the first out - this time the Xbox 360 has been the first out and Sony has known its price for awhile now and yet still released their console at a much higher price point. Looks to me like Sony are unable to go down any further than they have done for the immediate future.

As for 360, I doubt the price will come down on that as its lead in the price war is already very very good. Best I expect from that is some special bundles.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 May 2006, 13:19   #15
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

bill gates said the 360 will drop in price nov time, ie when the ps3 comes out
Unread 15 May 2006, 16:00   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4768829.stm -> sounds rather impressive to me.

Also, my friend who works for Sony Europe agrees with Sb0lly.
That's nothing majorly new, my uni has been playing with augmented reality for a few years now. I'm surpirsed it's taken this long for someone to actually implement it though
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:16   #17
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
We had one customer complain his 360 kept on freezing on his games and demanded a refund - we tested out the 360 for 9 hours instore and then left ito overnight for over 12 hours and then tested again for another 4-5 hours instore the next day. Not one single crash or problem with it.
I wish I worked where you work. "Testing" games consoles all day and all night long.
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:50   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
6: nintendo is the consumer loving, dilligent, traditional local, family business underdog that just wants to make progress in our gaming experience, as opposed to those psychotic multinational conglomerates sony and microsoft.
hahahahahaha
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:55   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
you know i was joking right?
You come out with so much rubbish some times it's difficult to tell.
Unread 15 May 2006, 18:06   #20
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'll probabably get a PS3 rather than a 360. i might also stretch to a Wii because shite as the console itself will likely be, **** me if it doesn't look more fun than a barrel of rats.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 18:08   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
It's confirmed. I'm getting mine for £500 with two control pads (can't remember if both are wireless, one definitely is), a 60GB hard-drive and a game/ HD-DVD/Blu-ray dvd.
£500? You must be mental, Blasto. You do realise they'll be less than half the price in six months, don't you?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 18:10   #22
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ive decided ill get a 360 and wii
Unread 15 May 2006, 19:06   #23
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
£500? You must be mental, Blasto. You do realise they'll be less than half the price in six months, don't you?
I've got money to burn these days.

And I can't wait that long either.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 19:10   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Almost certainly not.
Unread 15 May 2006, 19:10   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
shite as the console itself will likely be, **** me if it doesn't look more fun than a barrel of rats.
How does that make sense :raise:
Unread 15 May 2006, 20:24   #26
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How does that make sense :raise:
technically unspectacular? i suspect so. limited range of engrossing games due to a)Nintendo, b)awkward controller? Outlook not so good. Getting hammered and having a sword fight on the telly? where do i sign?
Unread 15 May 2006, 20:26   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
technically unspectacular? i suspect so.
So?

Quote:
limited range of engrossing games due to a)Nintendo, b)awkward controller?
Limited range of games? Nintendo? Awkward controller?
Unread 15 May 2006, 20:45   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
bill gates said the 360 will drop in price nov time, ie when the ps3 comes out
Bill Gates also said Halo 3 would launch the day PS3 came out.

He was wrong, and he's wrong again.

The Xbox 360 is having its price addressed yearly. There was always the possibility of the PS3 having come out at a much cheaper price if Sony had bit the bullet to really drive the 360 into the ground but they haven't.

Reducing the price on the 360 won't make a difference - it's already ~£60 cheaper for the Premium version vs Cripple PS3. Most places infact are doing a 2 game pack with the 360 for £350ish.

I honestly would be really surprised if they did reduce the price of the 360 for November, I'd expect a more aggressive bundling policy.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 May 2006, 20:46   #29
pig
1up on you

Btw as you are an xbox 360 owner how good is the 360 now youve had it for a few months
Unread 15 May 2006, 20:55   #30
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
So?
no advances in the scope of FPS/other hi-res high-load games.

Quote:
Limited range of games? Nintendo? Awkward controller?
Nintendo usually have only a few games that interest me that are not available on other platforms, which are vastly outweighed by the games on other platforms nintendo don't have. The Wii controller looks like it would be ill-suited to a lot of traditional games, and looks pretty uncomfortable on account of being essentially a rather simple tv remote. the retro controller looks less than ergonomic too.

Why are you so desperate for an argument here, anyway?
Unread 15 May 2006, 21:01   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
no advances in the scope of FPS/other hi-res high-load games.
Most of the advances in the FPS genre in recent years have been coincident, at best, to graphical advances. Perfect Dark Zero has better graphics than Perfect Dark (or Metroid Prime, which, whilst not an FPS per se, is probably a better example). It is a better game than neither. Unreal Tournament 2004 would work as well if it looked like Unreal Tournament.

The only example I can think of, of recent years, of graphics actually improving the game in some reasonable manner is Half Life 2, as it adds to the immersion. However, until other games start having the attention to detail of Half Life 2, this will be irrelevent.

Quote:
Nintendo usually have only a few games that interest me that are not available on other platforms, which are vastly outweighed by the games on other platforms nintendo don't have.
Each to their own, I suppose. As I said in the other thread, I've had access to a PS2 for a few years now, and have only really played a couple of games, and only one of those for some time. The gamecube, on the other hand...

Quote:
The Wii controller looks like it would be ill-suited to a lot of traditional games, and looks pretty uncomfortable on account of being essentially a rather simple tv remote. the retro controller looks less than ergonomic too.
You can also use the gamecube controller, and haven't held the thing in any case. It seems more comfortable than the PS3, anyway. Twisting a one handed device is a lot less intrusive than twisting a two handed device.

Quote:
Why are you so desperate for an argument here, anyway?
I'm bored, and I'm out of ideas for ludicrous short stories.
Unread 15 May 2006, 21:16   #32
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Btw as you are an xbox 360 owner how good is the 360 now youve had it for a few months
Nothing special imo.
Unread 15 May 2006, 21:18   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Most of the advances in the FPS genre in recent years have been coincident, at best, to graphical advances. Perfect Dark Zero has better graphics than Perfect Dark (or Metroid Prime, which, whilst not an FPS per se, is probably a better example). It is a better game than neither. Unreal Tournament 2004 would work as well if it looked like Unreal Tournament.
my suspicion is that the jump from PS2 on a normal TV to PS3 on HDTV is going to be pronounced. but on a more general point, the same game with better graphics is usually far more fun to play on account of the whole suspension-of-disbelief thing. for me, anyway.

Quote:
The only example I can think of, of recent years, of graphics actually improving the game in some reasonable manner is Half Life 2, as it adds to the immersion. However, until other games start having the attention to detail of Half Life 2, this will be irrelevent.
this is what I like to call "can't/won't."

Quote:
You can also use the gamecube controller, and haven't held the thing in any case. It seems more comfortable than the PS3, anyway. Twisting a one handed device is a lot less intrusive than twisting a two handed device.
I didn't think you twisted the PS3 one, i thought it was tilt-sensitive, like steering aircraft. i was assuming an internal spirit level or some hi-tech equivalent. (my view might be biased by the fact that I have very stiff joints in my thumbs and thus find the lack of movement needed to use a D-pad based controller disproportionately easier than any kind of remote, but even so I would have thought this was a common view)

Quote:
I'm bored, and I'm out of ideas for ludicrous short stories.
fair play.
Unread 15 May 2006, 22:08   #34
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I like it. The games Ive played Ive enjoyed. Can't wait for Gears of War to come out.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 May 2006, 12:57   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Ps3

Quote:
Almost certainly not.
A year then. It's still a mad price for any console however you want to look at it.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2006, 13:39   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
A year then. It's still a mad price for any console however you want to look at it.
Partially that's because of Sony's arse-backwards zone pricing. It costs a good third more here than it does in the states, because they've decided to make it $500 and €500, despite the euro being worth a lot more than the dollar.