User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Dec 2002, 02:23   #1
Montana

Round9 blocking so far.....

With many good alliances such as Fury/Titans/Legion/LDK etc leaving pa, it seems we are left with no strong front runner atm to dominate round 9 except that it has come to my attention from various sourses that some alliances have already made plans to block AGAIN next round. I know Virus is going to ally with Rock/TFD and others although they will deny it and implement the same we havnt decided yet propoganda like what they did round8 with titans/ldk. Its this block at all costs attitude of alliances like Virus that disturbs me considering they have one of the largest member counts atm and also courting many more people to join Virus in a consistant recruiting campaign to fatten thier member base even more.
I wonder why people never learn from past mistakes and advise alliances such as Virus not keep making the same mistakes and STILL continue to shoot themselves in the foot and not getting respect as an alliance by refusing to prove themselves as an alliance that can stand on thier own. This ally at all costs asap does nothing to help your alliance as round8 should have told you. You had (1) member in the top ten last round and mediocre other members as a whole to the point of not revealing just how badly they really did to thier own members ranklings wise after logbat.
What alliances out there are willing to stand on their own for round9 with a no nap/ally stance including psuedo naps etc? ANY HC out there willing to proclaim we fight alone round 9 no matter what or we gonna use the same old they blocked first EXCUSE again? At the start, some alliances will use the "working with so and so alliances" EXCUSE propoganda to claim they dont have any naps/allys which is is quite frankly bs. Alliances with 200+ members such as Virus and STILL recruiting more wanting to block is cowardly imo and will force others to block and make it another sad political situation as we had in previous rounds.

Discuss.....
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 02:41   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Any alliance with more than 100-150 members shouldn't have a need for a "block" in round 9; the targets will be few and far enough between that it would be asenine.

It'd be great if alliances would stick it out on their own, or limit political agreements to NAPs.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 02:42   #3
Fleet_Multiplex
Hell

Fleet_Multiplex is an unknown quantity at this point
Excuse me sir but as someone in ViruS in authority i can inform you now that we have not even talked to Rock or TFD about next round. Please do not make accusations to which you cannot back reasonable and sufficient evidence to fabricate such clueless acusations into factual accusations.
http://www.seraphimhq.net/Uploads/VipsLogo1.jpg
ViruS Round 3-9, Executive Round 5-9

I shall not go quitely into the night without a fight, for I am an angel of war, bringer of a thousand deaths. Chain me. Beat me. Seduce me. It will gain you nothing but a smile of death. Dare to mock me, and you will burn in my blood.
Fleet_Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 02:43   #4
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
So far the only confirmed 'block' that I know of is WP/Ely... it would be nice to know exactly what the other 'sides' are though.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 03:03   #5
'|'empest
Stoke

'|'empest is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fleet_Multiplex
Excuse me sir but as someone in ViruS in authority i can inform you now that we have not even talked to Rock or TFD about next round. Please do not make accusations to which you cannot back reasonable and sufficient evidence to fabricate such clueless acusations into factual accusations.
You still owe Pilko his StarCraft CD

How is Kent btw?
'|'empest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 03:14   #6
Fleet_Multiplex
Hell

Fleet_Multiplex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by '|'empest
You still owe Pilko his StarCraft CD

How is Kent btw?
hehe hey mate!

yea i have the CD here for him, like i have had for ages havent even played it for 6 months. Will have to get it back to him somehow

Kent r0x0rs so far
http://www.seraphimhq.net/Uploads/VipsLogo1.jpg
ViruS Round 3-9, Executive Round 5-9

I shall not go quitely into the night without a fight, for I am an angel of war, bringer of a thousand deaths. Chain me. Beat me. Seduce me. It will gain you nothing but a smile of death. Dare to mock me, and you will burn in my blood.
Fleet_Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 03:58   #7
Montana

lol, so is that another one of "we have no agreements with other alliances" excuse like you said about round8 regarding titans/ldk? Botton line is that you have and intend to nap/ally with even more alliances next round as your official stance is block at all costs period. You lied about your round8 blocking so I see no changes in your stances for round 9.
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 06:27   #8
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
I know some secret information... look at me.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 08:04   #9
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 09:29   #10
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
just because ViruS have relations with Rock/TFD in star-sphere doesnt at all mean its the same for planetarion.

we merely allied them in the other game as were both from planetarion etc etc- common goal etc etc

Montana - i dont know what your prob is with ViruS, did we kick you out for being a cnut or seomthing ?
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 10:38   #11
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
Boys boys, play nice.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 10:54   #12
Montana

Didnt even know you were "allied" with them in ********** as I dont play it but notice how you use the word "relations" instead of allied. Nevertheless, will you deny that Virus has a never go into the round without blocking policy and wont for round9? Of course you cant answer this since its the truth. Virus WILL block next round which disturbs me. I am focusing on Virus only because it already has a big member base of 200+ while most alliances remaining in pa has probably under 100 members. You can settle this with a statement of "We will NOT nap/ally with other alliances for round9. Also, please dont go giving another we dont "intend" to nap/ally statements "unless bla bla" bs. Other alliances showed thier meddle last round by going it alone knowing they could have even knowing such alliances such as yours did early on. They could have used the "the other alliances did it first excuse but they chose to stand alone with honor. Come Virus, what's it gonna be?

And, no, I have never had the displeasure of being in your alliance.
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 11:05   #13
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: Round9 blocking so far.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Montana
I know Virus is going to ally with Rock/TFD and others although they will deny it and implement the same we havnt decided yet propoganda like what they did round8 with titans/ldk. Its this block at all costs attitude of alliances like Virus that disturbs me considering they have one of the largest member counts atm and also courting many more people to join Virus in a consistant recruiting campaign to fatten thier member base even more.
Thats S T A R S P H E R E ffs. TFD has made no agreements with other alliances for R9, not with Virus, nor any other alliance...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 27 Dec 2002 at 11:13.
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 11:36   #14
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Quote:
Originally posted by Montana
Didnt even know you were "allied" with them in ********** as I dont play it but notice how you use the word "relations" instead of allied. Nevertheless, will you deny that Virus has a never go into the round without blocking policy and wont for round9? Of course you cant answer this since its the truth. Virus WILL block next round which disturbs me. I am focusing on Virus only because it already has a big member base of 200+ while most alliances remaining in pa has probably under 100 members. You can settle this with a statement of "We will NOT nap/ally with other alliances for round9. Also, please dont go giving another we dont "intend" to nap/ally statements "unless bla bla" bs. Other alliances showed thier meddle last round by going it alone knowing they could have even knowing such alliances such as yours did early on. They could have used the "the other alliances did it first excuse but they chose to stand alone with honor. Come Virus, what's it gonna be?

And, no, I have never had the displeasure of being in your alliance.
virus does NOT have 200+ members
even if you count our ********** division (which has members not in the planetarion division) we dont have 200 members.

i dont recall ViruS ever saying we wouldnt ally someone any round. we've said we woudnt block - which we havent (ViruS teamed up with Titans/LDK after Fury/Fang(adelante) teamed up)
Fury was a mutual enemy, why not help each other out ? was a fair fight if you ask me, and hey, the rest of the universe decided to join in against us at the end- and you didnt hear ViruS whine about it, did ya ?

there is only one ViruS Planetarion Executive which is also on the ViruS ********** Executive Council, and thats me. in a way its two different alliances, run by different people. relations with someone in one game means abosolutly nothing in another. If we work well in S t a r s p h e r e together, then it doesnt mean we will work well together in planetation as, again, its totally different people they would work with.

In regards to planetarion - ViruS hasnt even had talks with Rock/TFD at all whatsoever.

Get off your soap box, and stop thinking you know everything, cos its obvious that you dont

edit: it true - we havent decided. so of course im gonna say it. our obvious partners for round 9 (titans/ldk) both disbanded, so were lookin for seomthing entirely new, if anything, which takes time and thought

========================
O' Canada!
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 11:56   #15
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
lol

Imagine that..

Montana >> how about giving your real nick instead of this newly registered one.

Why accuse someone of blocking without any shreds of evidence what so ever ?

And No, I am not Virus.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 12:25   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaranaf
virus does NOT have 200+ members
even if you count our ********** division (which has members not in the planetarion division) we dont have 200 members.

i dont recall ViruS ever saying we wouldnt ally someone any round. we've said we woudnt block - which we havent (ViruS teamed up with Titans/LDK after Fury/Fang(adelante) teamed up)
Fury was a mutual enemy, why not help each other out ? was a fair fight if you ask me, and hey, the rest of the universe decided to join in against us at the end- and you didnt hear ViruS whine about it, did ya ?

there is only one ViruS Planetarion Executive which is also on the ViruS ********** Executive Council, and thats me. in a way its two different alliances, run by different people. relations with someone in one game means abosolutly nothing in another. If we work well in S t a r s p h e r e together, then it doesnt mean we will work well together in planetation as, again, its totally different people they would work with.

In regards to planetarion - ViruS hasnt even had talks with Rock/TFD at all whatsoever.

Get off your soap box, and stop thinking you know everything, cos its obvious that you dont

edit: it true - we havent decided. so of course im gonna say it. our obvious partners for round 9 (titans/ldk) both disbanded, so were lookin for seomthing entirely new, if anything, which takes time and thought
first of all, history proved it wasn't a fair fight otherwise the round wouldn't have ended like this. Our ally adelante split and half ran off to titans.

And you had your agreements with tits and co before FAnG and fury even did joint attacks, infact that and the huge amount of teaming up on the other side is and was the only reason why FAnG and Fury teamed up in the first place.

and Virus, maybe it's not your intention, but I'm willing to bet money on it that during r9 or even before you'll have either a nap or full ally with another alliance. There hasn't been a round you stood alone, nor will r9.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 12:37   #17
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
first of all, history proved it wasn't a fair fight otherwise the round wouldn't have ended like this. Our ally adelante split and half ran off to titans.

And you had your agreements with tits and co before FAnG and fury even did joint attacks, infact that and the huge amount of teaming up on the other side is and was the only reason why FAnG and Fury teamed up in the first place.

and Virus, maybe it's not your intention, but I'm willing to bet money on it that during r9 or even before you'll have either a nap or full ally with another alliance. There hasn't been a round you stood alone, nor will r9.

rgds Kj
we had an attack agreement - nothing more, against Fury with titans, and LDK. Our relationship with titans was nothing serious until nearly the end. hell, we werent even officially told about sention

i never said we wouldnt have a round 9 partner in crime. i merely said we havent chosen one yet, if any, as such things take time and thought. ViruS doesnt have the memberbase its rumored to have, and whats wrong with a partner (keep in mind that ViruS member count dropped due to people leaving PA, and purges)?

========================
O' Canada!
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 12:41   #18
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Our ally adelante split and half ran off to titans.
I could count the number of ex-Adelante in Titans on one hand. DTA left before Adelante died and they were never part of Titans.

I say you all team up on WP/Ely for a laugh, and give them a real beating, then worry about the details of who 'won'. It's looking like WP/Ely will control 20% of the universe from the start, as are their numbers. But that's just a rough guess on my part.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 12:43   #19
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
blocking

isnt that bad, as long as it inst like r7 where 8-9alliances blocke don one side, and the rest on another...If we end up with 4-5 mayor blocks, we would have a nice and fun game

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 12:44   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I could count the number of ex-Adelante in Titans on one hand. DTA left before Adelante died and they were never part of Titans.

I say you all team up on WP/Ely for a laugh, and give them a real beating, then worry about the details of who 'won'. It's looking like WP/Ely will control 20% of the universe from the start, as are their numbers. But that's just a rough guess on my part.
I count the ex adelante members in FAnG on one hand aswell, infact, probably less then the DTA running over to titans.

And Aaranaf, you think Fury or FAnG were ever allied? we had shared attacks and that's about it. No shared defence, only on a FEW occasions and this only started at the end of the round and we never had any closer deals.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2002, 12:50   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

ohh and btw, I never said having an ally is bad. I prefer that aswell and to me there's nothing wrong with it. This game is to have fun, if you ally and you have fun then you fulfilled the only purpose of this game.
If you prefer to go solo and you have fun, same result.

btw you'll never see me making a big deal about blocking etc cause eventually in a round there will ALWAYS be blocks, even if everyone promises to go solo ...

and scouse, let's not discuss about numbers cause either way it'll result you your side having more, it's simple math.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2002, 14:03   #22
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Imo you can't go comparing an unconfirmed Ely/WP, ViruS/Rock/TFD or whatever with the likes of former Titans/LDK, Fury/FAnG/etc. Some people that used to belong to the latter already said on these boards that the remaining alliances are crap. If thats true then i'd hardly be worried about Ely/WP or ViruS/whatnot working together. The whole anti-blocking thing, while valid in past rounds because of blocks with 4/5 alliances in it, has gotten way out of hand. Ely/WP or ViruS/Rock/TFD are not powerblocks in my book.

Unless some new alliance with alot of ex-players from Titans/LDK/Fury, etc pops up there will not be a kind of universe domination that we saw in some of the previous rounds of pa. To see some people that used to actively participate in the formation of past powerblocks now come out & act all "for the good of pa" is questionable at the very least. The damage to pa has been done & by the looks of it it is irreparable so might aswell enjoy the game while it lasts.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 14:20   #23
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe
For the people not in the know:
Project X-625-A4 was definately not a success

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 15:39   #24
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
and scouse, let's not discuss about numbers cause either way it'll result you your side having more, it's simple math.

rgds Kj
What a stupid thing to say. Let's not discuss it but let me just get one dig in before that, eh?

Plonker.

Titans/LDK/Section was considerably smaller than FAnG/Adelante/ToT. But you're right, let's not go into this again, I don't even know why you chose to bring it up again.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 27 Dec 2002, 17:18   #25
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I get the distinct impression they won't have an easy ride next round

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 17:51   #26
EasyRoider

heh, who said Legion aren't playing? I agree, not every Legion member is playing, but you'll find a few galaxies around if we get private gals
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 17:53   #27
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by EasyRoider
heh, who said Legion aren't playing? I agree, not every Legion member is playing, but you'll find a few galaxies around if we get private gals
So what you are saying is, that Legion Players were too scared to play in a random universe ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 17:54   #28
Cochese
Retired

Now this is AD

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 19:03   #29
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Whis
Imo you can't go comparing an unconfirmed Ely/WP, ViruS/Rock/TFD or whatever with the likes of former Titans/LDK, Fury/FAnG/etc.
Why not?

In terms of the number of members that they have relative to the overall size of the universe, they are definitely powerful enough to dominate... I don't want to get into the whole "what is a powerblock?" debate again, because it will go on forever. Suffice to say that a block such as WP/Ely or even ViruS/TFD/ROCK could be a dominant force in such a small universe.

Quote:

Some people that used to belong to the latter already said on these boards that the remaining alliances are crap. If thats true then i'd hardly be worried about Ely/WP or ViruS/whatnot working together. The whole anti-blocking thing, while valid in past rounds because of blocks with 4/5 alliances in it, has gotten way out of hand. Ely/WP or ViruS/Rock/TFD are not powerblocks in my book.
Now, call me cynical, but do I detect just a tiny amount of personal bias in this post? If Fury, Legion, Titans or Xanadu form a block, then it is a powerblock and it is bad. If Elysium form a block, then it isn't? Both Ely and WP have a powerblocking record just as long as Titans or FAnG did - Ely have been part of 'blocks' in every round since r3, same for WP since r5, ViruS also.

What you're basically saying is that when other alliances formed blocks in the past, it was bad, but if you do it now then it isn't. I, for one, don't see the logic behind this

Quote:

Unless some new alliance with alot of ex-players from Titans/LDK/Fury, etc pops up there will not be a kind of universe domination that we saw in some of the previous rounds of pa. To see some people that used to actively participate in the formation of past powerblocks now come out & act all "for the good of pa" is questionable at the very least. The damage to pa has been done & by the looks of it it is irreparable so might aswell enjoy the game while it lasts.
I don't see the logic behind this either. Any alliance/block can dominate if they are strong enough - WP/Ely are strong enough, the ViruS/ROCK/TFD block (were it actually to exist) might even be strong enough.

tbh, I'm not quite sure what your argument is here. I doubt anyone with any intelligence really cares if WP/Ely are a block, or if ViruS/ROCK/TFD are a block - you can call them whatever you want, but they will have the power to win the round. I don't see why you would want to argue against that
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”

Last edited by ComradeRob; 27 Dec 2002 at 19:08.
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 19:22   #30
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Our ally adelante split and half ran off to titans.
You seem to have forgotten how many people from Adelante went to Fury, many more then Titans got. Maybe FAnG didn't get many but since your ally Fury did it wasn't a problem.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 19:40   #31
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
you can call them whatever you want, but they will have the power to win the round. I don't see why you would want to argue against that
I'm not gonna bother arguing against everything you posted before this particular bit but yes an unconfirmed Ely/WP could win a round. An unconfirmed Virus/Rock/TFD could win a round aswell. I don't think there's any problem with them winning is there? However I do think that when either of them win the round they will not be overly dominating the universe so that noone else has a chance to pass 10mill & 500 roids like we used to have in past rounds. When it comes to certain areas Ely/WP or Virus/Rock/TFD are not Titans/LDK or Fury/FAnG, etc. Hopefully anyone with intelligence will see this aswell. Furthermore i'm sure some new alliance(s) with ex-Titans/LDK/Fury/FAnG people might pop up and if so we will have a far greater chance to a repeat of a boring noone gets past x mill & x roids situation than with say ViruS/Rock/TFD.

The whole blocking argument is currently being abused & misused.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 19:54   #32
F47B0y

Lets face it everyone wants to ally with us next round, they just dont have the balls to say it....
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 20:11   #33
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by F47B0y
Lets face it everyone wants to ally with us next round, they just dont have the balls to say it....
"Us" being who?

(pardon my ignorance and foggy head today)

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 21:11   #34
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by F47B0y
Go on, give me a laugh, who is 'us'?

Unread 27 Dec 2002, 21:23   #35
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
And Aaranaf, you think Fury or FAnG were ever allied? we had shared attacks and that's about it. No shared defence, only on a FEW occasions and this only started at the end of the round and we never had any closer deals.
b***shi*
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 21:24   #36
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Iceaxe
You seem to have forgotten how many people from Adelante went to Fury, many more then Titans got. Maybe FAnG didn't get many but since your ally Fury did it wasn't a problem.
exactly, they even took in a whole BG (insomnia) with 30+ members..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 21:38   #37
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
I was wondering if you can help me, I'm looking for a URL. You know, that AD link where WP/Ely HC announced an alliance for round 9. I tried the forum search thing but that yielded nothing. Maybe it was announced in some chat on #ely-command, which you no doubt have access to. If so, I'd appreciate the log, as it's not in my Logs folder : (

(for those yet to spot it, this is a subtle way of saying Scouse is stirring **** without basis or evidence)
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 21:44   #38
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally posted by Whis
I'm not gonna bother arguing against everything you posted before this particular bit but yes an unconfirmed Ely/WP could win a round. An unconfirmed Virus/Rock/TFD could win a round aswell. I don't think there's any problem with them winning is there? However I do think that when either of them win the round they will not be overly dominating the universe so that noone else has a chance to pass 10mill & 500 roids like we used to have in past rounds. When it comes to certain areas Ely/WP or Virus/Rock/TFD are not Titans/LDK or Fury/FAnG, etc. Hopefully anyone with intelligence will see this aswell. Furthermore i'm sure some new alliance(s) with ex-Titans/LDK/Fury/FAnG people might pop up and if so we will have a far greater chance to a repeat of a boring noone gets past x mill & x roids situation than with say ViruS/Rock/TFD.
*sigh*

Why would things be any different with WP/Ely winning than with Titans/LDK? Do you have any real evidence for this, or is this just blatant propaganda in an effort to make your alliance look good?

The simple fact is this: what keeps a round alive is continual war between the top alliances. Round 6 proved this - there were two major conflicts over the course of the round, both of which were genuine contests. If there are no wars left, stagnation will occur regardless of who is dominating.

The problem is this: if one group becomes dominant, they quickly roid down the only 'good' targets left - this isn't an evil alliance tactic, this is just playing the game and attacking as normal. But because the balance is tipped in the favour of the dominating alliance(s), the others cannot regain the roids back, so stagnation begins. One side becomes progressively stronger, the other can only hope to hold on to the few roids they have left. This is game mechanics, not alliance politics. The only way to prevent this is to prevent one side becoming truly dominant.

I don't see what is different about WP/Ely in this situation, compared to any past dominating alliances. How would they behave differently, that they would avoid the problem which has occurred under every single dominant alliance since round 1? The only possibility I can see is that they would agree to end their alliance if they became dominant, thus giving everyone else a chance... if that's what you are saying will happen then yes, I would agree that WP/Ely's behaviour would be different, but I somehow doubt that that is a promise that you would be willing to make

Quote:

The whole blocking argument is currently being abused & misused.
Yes, but by whom?
Unread 27 Dec 2002, 23:48   #39
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Same $h!t different round. Instead of complaining about someone powerblocking or something heh just take care of the problem and if ya can't then don't play. If ya dont fight them at all they will be forced to fight each other heh cause if they don't then they will stagnate themselves : ) . HINT HINT.

Alliances in this game can never fully be defeated so to speak unless they simply give up. While Xanadu was getting attacked hard along with NoS r5 LDK became ultra annoying. Which is what I suggest alliances that have no friends do. While powerblocks are involved in a war heh go launch 5-7 hours after they all have. They will not only think your allied to the other side they will have spent the bulk of their defence , defending against the "main War". So merry x-mas enjoy lesson 1.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer

Last edited by Axis_WLF; 27 Dec 2002 at 23:56.
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 01:10   #40
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point
I get the chance to laugh for every round that pass by...

Stop whining ffs!!!

Alliances block. It has ALWAYS been that way and will always been that way. All you can do about it is to create your own block. If you can't live with that then you should find some other game to play.

Then I know that some will come and say that it wasn't like that back in the early rounds, but then try to think again... wasn't it that way?? I wasn't around but I can put 2 and 2 together. Alliances worked together with other alliances, BUT the universe was FAR FAR FAR bigger than it is now and therefore the effect from a few alliances blocking wasn't very big.

Since PA HQ doesn't want to make PA free we'll keep on having a little universe and then we will keep on having the scenario we have had the last rounds.

Maybe we'll se changes in r10 but it depends on PA HQ.

cbk
/moo
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 01:35   #41
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cbk100
I get the chance to laugh for every round that pass by...

Stop whining ffs!!!

Alliances block. It has ALWAYS been that way and will always been that way. All you can do about it is to create your own block. If you can't live with that then you should find some other game to play.

Then I know that some will come and say that it wasn't like that back in the early rounds, but then try to think again... wasn't it that way?? I wasn't around but I can put 2 and 2 together. Alliances worked together with other alliances, BUT the universe was FAR FAR FAR bigger than it is now and therefore the effect from a few alliances blocking wasn't very big.

Since PA HQ doesn't want to make PA free we'll keep on having a little universe and then we will keep on having the scenario we have had the last rounds.

Maybe we'll se changes in r10 but it depends on PA HQ.

cbk
/moo
Actually i don't remember pb in round 2. fairly in round 3 even if legion/fury did have most "1337" players. R4 was clearly when it took off

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 03:16   #42
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
What a stupid thing to say. Let's not discuss it but let me just get one dig in before that, eh?

Plonker.

Titans/LDK/Section was considerably smaller than FAnG/Adelante/ToT. But you're right, let's not go into this again, I don't even know why you chose to bring it up again.
I'm just saying this to safe you and me the trouble of finding prove that you had more in numbers. You won the round, now be atleast fair enough to admit you had more numbers.

It's not that hard to admit when it's true, yet it seems impossible for you or a titans to admit anything to Fury or FAnG.

also I didn't said you're evil you had more numbers, I just said you have.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 03:25   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
b***shi*
you're such an idiot. You know nothing about FAnG, nothing about Fury but still you and your pretention think you know it better FFS? go ask Sid, lockhead dunno which person in fury or fang has still credibility to you and ask them if what I said is true or false.

WE ONLY HAD AN ATTACK PACT and defence on RARE but IMPORTANT occasions.

So what alliance was it again that allows such pretentious pple as their member? You make up lies and you pretend to know more then pple who have been dealing with the issues EVERY ****ING day in r8.

grow up ...

(soz to all, got abit pissed, sorry for the poor language and probably childish respond)

To iceAxe, tbh I don't know much about adelante, never did, but I know when they split up, we didn't even had an attack agreement with fury so to us it was half running off to fury and half to the enemies.

Scouse, remember that atleast 50 members in the FAnG DB NEVER even had a planet but were in there for other games etc. So tbh you have never had an accurate membercount of the ones playing.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 03:30   #44
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

If you want to win at all costs then 'blocking' is perfectly acceptable. Then it becomes more of a case who has more friends and, in Fury's case last round, who has the most enemies.

I have no interest to 'stirr' anything as I'm not even playing next round, I just think Ely/WP should be tested, since they didn't get the chance to prove themselves in a real war last round, due to sitting it out.

WP/Ely certainly will be allied for round 9, I have no doubt, as I'm sure the WP/Ely command don't either. Due to their huge numbers they can only expect to be targetted by other alliances. And, in my opinion, they don't have the quality to back that up, unlike most alliances in the past.

And xtothez, don't joke about who has what info about what. The things that 'leak' are amazing at times.

Kjeldoran, give it a rest please. You are contradicting yourself and I won't be addressing your post.

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 03:41   #45
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Kjeldoran, give it a rest please. You are contradicting yourself and I won't be addressing your post.
sure I will, but still I have no clue why you are "accusing" me of such things (as being contradictive etc). I think, unlike other titans, that you even have the decency to be mature enough and admit something when it's true.

Nway I'd have kept this discussion in PM or something but I have no clue where you hang out on PAnet.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 03:49   #46
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

I said you contradicted yourself because you said 'lets not discuss it' then made a point of how we had more members. That's like saying 'lets not have a fight' then head-butting someone.

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 06:32   #47
RIT

Quote:
I said you contradicted yourself because you said 'lets not discuss it' then made a point of how we had more members. That's like saying 'lets not have a fight' then head-butting someone.
I used to know a nice cheerful scouse, now your so bitter and resentful
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 09:55   #48
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Quote:

i honestly believe it. that was pretty much the exent of the ViruS / Titans relationship

========================
O' Canada!
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 11:12   #49
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Fleet_Multiplex
Excuse me sir but as someone in ViruS in authority i can inform you now that we have not even talked to Rock or TFD about next round.
maybe its because u allied with them in ss?
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 12:02   #50
Radium-^
Professional Troll

Radium-^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Lego and Stickle Bricks tried to merge, but it failed.
Radium-^ is offline   Reply With Quote