User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 18:11   #1
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough
Planetarion the game we love to hate

Apparently most of us will sign up for what would appear to be 'another boring round of PA'.

But why do we sign up if the game is actually that terrible? Is it the fact our alliances will fail without us? is it that we like to do the same things over and over again and maybe get more lucky with an attack than our other players and win?

For a game we apparently all think is pretty rubbish i find it odd that we keep coming back to play it. If as it seems, no care in the world from our new owners, then why is it we continue to play. We all seem to be aware that there probably will be no changes to what in our owners mind must be the perfect formula. People have put this down before but i will do it again for the owners of PA its pretty much a no brainer 1.5k * £5 will easily pay for the cost of running the servers etc over the course of a round and probably make a tidy profit while they are there. What incentive do the owners of PA have to make large scale changes? I have read now about 4 threads all saying for the love of god make a big change but why should they? in their opinion the game works people will play it so why not just let it run its course?

I believe it is us the community that is keeping PA alive in fact i know this is the case. So what i put to you the Loyal Planetarion community is this. What would zPeti do if we all stopped playing? Many of us know the game has run its course so why do we keep coming back why do we just not let it go?

I realise there is potential for PA to be great still that is for sure with the changes that are being mentioned i do not doubt that pa could be the leading online mmo again but in its current format really it is only us that are keeping it going. Given the choice will our owners rather risk a huge change that backfires and causes whats left to leave? to tweak it each round and keep the revenue and profit coming in?

Its up to us the community to decide how long pa lasts. sorry to sound depressing but in all honesty i can not see the owners making a big change since they have relativity little to gain from it in fact i belive zpeti in one of his firsts posts mentioned he wanted to develop a new game and leave planetarion behind. If as we say there are clones out there that do other elements of teh game far better than pa does why are we not playing them? If we truly want some action taken by the owners maybe we will have to do something drastic? maybe even boycot a round of PA just to show them they can't take the community for granted?
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote