User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 Aug 2006, 19:48   #1
Danners

Danners is an unknown quantity at this point
Multiple Factories and Factories in Combat

I don't know how a lot of you will take to this idea, I think it has potential. My one concern is it will make the game more complicated than necessary.

What if 1 factory had a limit to how many ships it could produce at any one time? Say for example each factory can produce 100 ships, and you had 1, you could only have 100 in production at any one time.

Another idea I had with ships that target structures, once the combat has calculated how many factories are to be destroyed, any ships that are in production in that factory are destroyed too (maybe producing salvage). Say 2 of 4 light factories are destroyed, and 150 light ships are in production (using 2 of the 4 factories), there is a 25% chance 100 ships will be lost in combat, and a 25% chance the additional 50 will be lost also.

Like I said, I think it may make the game more complicated than it needs to be, just wanted to know what everyone thought about my idea.
Danners is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 20:10   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Multiple Factories and Factories in Combat

The problem is that it hurts new players because they're more likely to be attacked with structure killers and so lose the ability to produce ships to defend themselves, which means they get roided more and can't defend themselves and so on. Basically it works out to a bit of a vicious circle.

But nice try though

EDIT: A personal thought is to give -1 production eta for every 2 factories you have above the first factory, and cap this at a production eta of 3 ticks. Of course, there are different types of factories, but I wouldn't vary production ETAs for different classes of ship - instead, whichever factory you have the most of is counted, so it wouldn't matter if you had 1/1/8 factories or 5/5/8 factories.

The base production eta is 12 without any race or engineering bonuses.

Code:
Factories  |  ETA
----------------------
   0       |  12
   1       |  12
   2       |  12
   3       |  11
   4       |  11
   5       |  10
   6       |  10
   7       |  9
   8       |  9
   9       |  8
   10      |  8

If anyone likes this I'll make a thread for it so that this one isn't derailed anymore.

Last edited by furball; 7 Aug 2006 at 20:21.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 06:35   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

It makes sense to me, we do the same thing (sorta) for mines, sec centers, and finance centers, why not make multiple factories a benneficial thing as well? Especially since sometimes I'm a n00b and build an extra factory I can't use, and it's a waste for the entire round....

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 07:31   #4
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
EDIT: A personal thought is to give -1 production eta for every 2 factories you have above the first factory, and cap this at a production eta of 3 ticks.
omg I agree with you for once
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 07:41   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

To counter the structure killer issue, we could allways vastly reduce the damge done from them

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 09:07   #6
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
To counter the structure killer issue, we could allways vastly reduce the damge done from them
Which would make them vastly more useless than they already are.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote