User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 19 Jul 2006, 17:14   #1
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
0 XP colored planets

Since planets completely under your bash limit are orange could planets that are under your XP threshold also be coded a different color?

Since you cannot get XP for hitting a planet that is either lower than your value bash limit or lower than your score bash limit why not make these planet appear in another color such as violet or green or something. I don't really care about the color but it would be nice to view a galaxy and know which planets will not yield XP for landing and stealing roids.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 21:20   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 0 XP colored planets

Alternatively you could just stop being so lazy and work it out for yourself

This is dumbing-down, people, and hopefully some of you will start recognising this.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 21:40   #3
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Alternatively you could just stop being so lazy and work it out for yourself

This is dumbing-down, people, and hopefully some of you will start recognising this.
Working out the calculations would negate the hoped for effect of being able to just look at a galaxy and see which ones will bring nothing in terms of xp gain for roid capture. It used to be that you could get at least 1 xp per roid but now that is no longer the case.

Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:13   #4
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Working out the calculations would negate the hoped for effect of being able to just look at a galaxy and see which ones will bring nothing in terms of xp gain for roid capture. It used to be that you could get at least 1 xp per roid but now that is no longer the case.
So what?

Just work it out in calc like everyone else does. You can see the difference between their value and score, you know the difference between your value and score, how hard can it be????
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:45   #5
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

My objection to this idea is that the zero xp mark isnt significant enough in the game to warrant this. Does it really matter whether your getting no xp or practically no xp? If you want xp you arent going to skirt along the line of minimum xp, and if you are hitting targets that small you probably dont care much about xp in the first place. Adding too many features will just confuse and crowd the gal screen.

Furball, I really dont see this as a dumbing down issue. Making a game more user friendly doesnt dumb it down and its not like it takes that much intelligence to use an equation or more to the point, to use a third party xp calc.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 19 Jul 2006 at 22:55.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 08:03   #6
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what?

Just work it out in calc like everyone else does. You can see the difference between their value and score, you know the difference between your value and score, how hard can it be????
Funny, a lot of your ideas dont strike me as that much smarter.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:03   #7
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Furball, no need to be an ignoramus. The xp formula this round is arbitrary and complicated; certainly too much for most people to calc quickly in their head. I do, however, agree with Germania when he says the difference between little xp and no xp is so small that it doesn't warrant differentiation in game. That said if you browse galaxies on Sandmans it's very easy to see wheter a planet is below either bash or both.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 15:41   #8
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

if it s so obvious which planet is in the bash/no xp zone.. why do planet/player still continue to do so...

i keep seeing attack on planet with 200 or less roids and i m pretty sure if i look at attacker coord , i d see he s 2x, 3x or 4x the size/value of target...

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 16:04   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Because people want to hit planets they lose no ships on rather than show some balls and go after a planet which is a bit riskier but has a better guarentee of some good gains
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 16:10   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop1964
i keep seeing attack on planet with 200 or less roids and i m pretty sure if i look at attacker coord , i d see he s 2x, 3x or 4x the size/value of target...
Are a lot of them also ziks?

And would people stop trying to politicise threads for the love of god
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 17:04   #11
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I agree with Travler and Achilles the XP formula is a bit too much this round. So I just send ships and so how much XP I will get out of it. I do try to take on bigger valued players, but that isn't always possible, so I will just check out sandmans the tick after I landed.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 20:16   #12
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Funny, a lot of your ideas dont strike me as that much smarter.
Actually, I just don't bother to suggest ideas. Instead, I just criticise peoples' ideas (in both the positive way and the negative way), suggesting improvements and pointing out defects.

Having checked the threads you've started in your time: one is a call for old players, one is a song, two are exil-orientated AD threads and your first ever thread was a request.

Some great contributions there my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Furball, no need to be an ignoramus. The xp formula this round is arbitrary and complicated; certainly too much for most people to calc quickly in their head.
I don't play anymore, don't expect me to know or even understand the latest formula thought up by a Maths graduate!
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 01:06   #13
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
stuff
Actually that was more a jab at you being condescending about his idea...but A+ on effort searching my posts!
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 17:14   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm shocked people bother working out xp gains.
Unread 22 Jul 2006, 04:47   #15
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
I'm shocked people bother working out xp gains.
Not anymore. I did that one round to determine ship losses vs. XP gains. Just would nice not to have to calculate if xp is possible or not.