User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 20:56   #51
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: wakey the dramaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Some people do. Not saying I do.
Ok, but then why are you bringing these hypothetical opinions into this?

People talk alot of smack. 1up is this, Exilition is that, Angels are this, etc. So some people stereotype 1up and people associated with 1up. Why is this something that you feel should be considered when Idler neg reps you?
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:00   #52
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Ok, but then why are you bringing these hypothetical opinions into this?

People talk alot of smack. 1up is this, Exilition is that, Angels are this, etc. So some people stereotype 1up and people associated with 1up. Why is this something that you feel we should consider when Idler neg reps you?
to my knowledge he hasnt neg repped me. ppl talk smack about myself and F-crew as well. A hell of a lot of it. read wakeys posts for the reason why it matters.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:04   #53
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
to my knowledge he hasnt neg repped me. ppl talk smack about myself and F-crew as well. A hell of a lot of it. read wakeys posts for the reason why it matters.
Apologies for confusing you with Wakey.

But my question stands, why is the fact that some people stereotype 1up saliant to this discussion?
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:28   #54
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread is a piece of shit, as is its poster.

It's easy for all of us to have a pop at wakey from time to time. I've done it myself plenty of times because we disagree on so many issues. However, what you all forget is the sheer amount of effort and committment he's put into Planetarion - in fact, I'd say he cares about PA more than anyone else in the game today. He's done an incredible amount of work in trying to defend the small alliances against the interests of the big alliances, and for this alone he deserves his position. Yet he's also modded the forums since almost the very start, as well as HCing F-Crew since Round 1 without ever taking a break, when it's the most stressful of alliance jobs.

Those who have jumped on wakey here should be ashamed of themselves.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:34   #55
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

It's easy for all of us to have a pop at wakey from time to time. I've done it myself plenty of times because we disagree on so many issues. However, what you all forget is the sheer amount of effort and committment he's put into Planetarion - in fact, I'd say he cares about PA more than anyone else in the game today. He's done an incredible amount of work in trying to defend the small alliances against the interests of the big alliances, and for this alone he deserves his position. Yet he's also modded the forums since almost the very start, as well as HCing F-Crew since Round 1 without ever taking a break, when it's the most stressful of alliance jobs.

I put 2 years into HC'ing a alliance, another full year MO'ing for 1up, Ive been a ingame admin and a forum admin. Ive volunteered for most of what happened in PA pre-jolt.

Why am I shit? Doing lots of work doesnt mean you can force your silly opinions on someone.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:40   #56
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:

I dont think the amount of effort wakey puts in is in question here. But again that doesnt somtimes give him the rights to some of the werid comments he comes out with. A prime example would be when last round he tried to blame rock for a doss attack on the f-crew servers. That was one of the most idiotic posts i have ever saw. Without any evidence he did that and tried to flame an alliance thats along the same lines of alliances that he supposidly demands respect for. But anyway please continue the discusion.

(and no i am not flaming wakey i have a lot of respect for his work ethic, just some times i think he acts to much of we need to follow him and thats final.)

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:43   #57
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I put 2 years into HC'ing a alliance, another full year MO'ing for 1up, Ive been a ingame admin and a forum admin. Ive volunteered for most of what happened in PA pre-jolt.
Then you should know better than to have a go in this way at someone as dedicated and hard-working as wakey.

Quote:
Why am I shit? Doing lots of work doesnt mean you can force your silly opinions on someone.
Here we come to the situation where I am right and you are wrong. We can debate wakey's opinions all day, and I doubt we'll change each others' opinions. You clearly believe that you don't owe anything to anyone. I believe that we all owe a duty - to Planetarion itself, to ensure its survival. If you happened to be in charge, I don't believe that you could combine that with implementing your wishes (mass private gals, etc, I suspect) unless you turned it free and found some other successful source of income.

At present under P2P, we need new blood to replace the old players who leave. They all need to join small alliances when they start. Without people like Wakey promoting their interests, those new players won't stay - they'll just quit. And that is why he is in the right and you are not.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:46   #58
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont see why wakey needs to start crying over a neg rep tho. Its him who made a case out of this, not me, I just made a thread containing his private message drivel. As it was simply to amazing to be kept private.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:49   #59
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Then you should know better than to have a go in this way at someone as dedicated and hard-working as wakey.

Here we come to the situation where I am right and you are wrong. We can debate wakey's opinions all day, and I doubt we'll change each others' opinions. You clearly believe that you don't owe anything to anyone. I believe that we all owe a duty - to Planetarion itself, to ensure its survival. If you happened to be in charge, I don't believe that you could combine that with implementing your wishes (mass private gals, etc, I suspect) unless you turned it free and found some other successful source of income.

At present under P2P, we need new blood to replace the old players who leave. They all need to join small alliances when they start. Without people like Wakey promoting their interests, those new players won't stay - they'll just quit. And that is why he is in the right and you are not.

Furball i couldnt agree more with what you just posted. However, Wakey as i said in my post above ealier also flamed another training alliance last round, branding them cheats without any evidence to back up any acusation. I agree he puts in 100% effort, what i am trying to point out is just becuase he puts in a lot of effort doesnt mean he also makes non bad judgement decisions. It took him over 5 days to appologise to Rock last round for his thread, and even then he didnt take responsability for the actions. That shows a bad example to new players also in my appinion.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:52   #60
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I believe that we all owe a duty - to Planetarion itself, to ensure its survival.
Spoken like a true communist.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:53   #61
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
I dont think the amount of effort wakey puts in is in question here. But again that doesnt somtimes give him the rights to some of the werid comments he comes out with. A prime example would be when last round he tried to blame rock for a doss attack on the f-crew servers. That was one of the most idiotic posts i have ever saw. Without any evidence he did that and tried to flame an alliance thats along the same lines of alliances that he supposidly demands respect for. But anyway please continue the discusion.

(and no i am not flaming wakey i have a lot of respect for his work ethic, just some times i think he acts to much of we need to follow him and thats final.)
That's wakey as F-Crew HC, something which is compartmentalised from his 'job' as a mod and promoter of small alliances' interests. Remember that F-Crew is his baby, he's the only one left from Round 1 and he's carried it all the way through. He took things pretty personally and it turned out to be a bit of a disaster - and so be it. That doesn't change how much he does for the game, although I realise that you're not disputing this.

We don't all agree with wakey. In fact, I probably spent most of my time before ~Round 15 arguing with him. However, I eventually came to realise that a lot of what he said was correct, or at least founded on the right principles. I roughly described the process in this post, although it was in reply to another topic.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:56   #62
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Now that post i can respect to agree with. But all i ask is of wakey he also puts a little more respect into other alliances as well as his own. And i of course always respect Players/HCs still sticking with alliances from the beggining etc.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:59   #63
furball

Quote:
I dont see why wakey needs to start crying over a neg rep tho. Its him who made a case out of this, not me, I just made a thread containing his private message drivel. As it was simply to amazing to be kept private.
I don't agree. He took it to you in private to challenge you on your opinions. I don't necessarily agree with him having done so, but that's immaterial now. You chose to make it public, which I wouldn't have done in the same situation. However, that's your prerogative.

Quote:
Furball i couldnt agree more with what you just posted. However, Wakey as i said in my post above ealier also flamed another training alliance last round, branding them cheats without any evidence to back up any acusation. I agree he puts in 100% effort, what i am trying to point out is just becuase he puts in a lot of effort doesnt mean he also makes non bad judgement decisions. It took him over 5 days to appologise to Rock last round for his thread, and even then he didnt take responsability for the actions. That shows a bad example to new players also in my appinion.
Quote:
Now that post i can respect to agree with. But all i ask is of wakey he also puts a little more respect into other alliances as well as his own. And i of course always respect Players/HCs still sticking with alliances from the beggining etc.
Rock have been around for almost as long as F-Crew, I'm fairly sure that they can take any criticism that anyone has for them. Furthermore, they're not in the category of 'small alliances' that Wakey tries to protect - they may train new players but they've got a strong enough base that they can accommodate any changes that happen to the game. In Wakey's eyes when he made that old thread, they didn't deserve respect. DDOSing an alliance is an incredibly serious offence. We now know that it wasn't actually the case, but let's give him a break here.

Either way, you're citing a single mis-judgement that shouldn't overshadow everything else that he's done.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:01   #64
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
However, I eventually came to realise that a lot of what he said was correct, or at least founded on the right principles.
You know who else thought they were founded on the right principles?

The nazis thats who.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:05   #65
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This reply is a piece of shit, as is its poster.

He's done an incredible amount of work in trying to defend the small alliances against the interests of the big alliances
Are you sure you didnt mean "whining about poaching"?
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:09   #66
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
I don't agree. He took it to you in private to challenge you on your opinions. I don't necessarily agree with him having done so, but that's immaterial now. You chose to make it public, which I wouldn't have done in the same situation. However, that's your prerogative.

Rock have been around for almost as long as F-Crew, I'm fairly sure that they can take any criticism that anyone has for them. Furthermore, they're not in the category of 'small alliances' that Wakey tries to protect - they may train new players but they've got a strong enough base that they can accommodate any changes that happen to the game. In Wakey's eyes when he made that old thread, they didn't deserve respect. DDOSing an alliance is an incredibly serious offence. We now know that it wasn't actually the case, but let's give him a break here.

Either way, you're citing a single mis-judgement that shouldn't overshadow everything else that he's done.

I am pointing out a man of Wakeys calibur, with all of the work he has put in should not of made such a rash outburst toward another alliance. Branding them cheats on the boards i feel was a disgrace. But becuase it was of course an alliance such as Rock there wasnt a major uproar. Im sure if Wakey had attacked say exi,omen or even 1up regarding doss attacks on servers with no evidence at all he would of bin slaughtered. Rock is indeed a good and well established alliance, i think (unless my knowledge isnt what it used to be regarding alliances) they have bin around also since round 3 or 4. How ever they still bring in low ranked players and train them. So again, they also do there bit as fcrew and wakey do to training players. Would you want to join an alliance thats being branded cheats on the PA boards if you were a new player? I am not trying to of course damage the effort wakey puts in based on one mistake/outburst as you put it. But, that was one of the worst judegemnt calls i have ever saw in all the rounds i have bin involved with in PA.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:12   #67
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
A prime example would be when last round he tried to blame rock for a doss attack on the f-crew servers. That was one of the most idiotic posts i have ever saw. Without any evidence he did that and tried to flame an alliance thats along the same lines of alliances that he supposidly demands respect for.
And many alliances accused f-crew of 9-12 wave attacking with no evidence and despite been asked a large number of times to provide their proof they wouldnt, even during havoc when it came up again.

My point here is everyone makes stupid claimes every so often. He was wrong to make that one based only on the circumstantual evidence, Rock were wrong to say it was 100% not possible to be one of their members and all the alliances (which seemed to be a majority) were wrong to accuse us of 9-12 waving. Now stop bringing stuff up from the past and ignoring the other cases
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:14   #68
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
You know who else thought they were founded on the right principles?

The nazis thats who.
Oh sod off. GODWIN GODWIN GODWIN GODWIN GODWIN GODWIN GODWIN
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:16   #69
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Quote:
And many alliances accused f-crew of 9-12 wave attacking with no evidence and despite been asked a large number of times to provide their proof they wouldnt, even during havoc when it came up again.

My point here is everyone makes stupid claimes every so often. He was wrong to make that one based only on the circumstantual evidence, Rock were wrong to say it was 100% not possible to be one of their members and all the alliances (which seemed to be a majority) were wrong to accuse us of 9-12 waving. Now stop bringing stuff up from the past and ignoring the other cases
I know this appears to be going off topic and we can take this to private message if needs be. But what evidence do you speak of? There wasnt any at all never mind Circumstantual. And Rock were correct in everything they put forward. The only evidence you had was that you were aapperntly recieiving attacks from rock in a war when the doss attack took place. Means nothing tbh.

Now your argument, yes your correct people flame F-crew. But do these people also have the amount of calibur Wakey is supposed to uphold? Also Wakey didnt actually admit he was wrong, instead he acted like a politicion and sort of pointed the blame somwhere else.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:25   #70
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know this appears to be going off topic and we can take this to private message if needs be.
Hell no, I like a good read before bed time
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:26   #71
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
The fact that you used your special access to find out who repped you is a bit pathetic.
If I am correct, mods are like PATeam and get shown who gave them thier rep as well as the comments. It is one of the perks

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:27   #72
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Are you sure you didnt mean "whining about poaching"?
He's consistent, and I'd be disappointed if he wasn't. Poaching is a problem for small alliances, this is undeniable. Where my opinion has typically diverged from Wakey's is the question of what should be done about it.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, 1906
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:28   #73
furball

Quote:
I know this appears to be going off topic and we can take this to private message if needs be.
That'd be for the best, this is just taking the thread off-topic.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:29   #74
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread started off badly and hasn't exactly brought itself "back up to par".

wakey - PMing someone to insult them because you didnt like being negrepped by them is shit of you. Rep is anonymous for everyone else for a reason and it's stuff like that that reinforces why it's anonymous - because people like you aren't mature enough to just take it on board and leave it.

Idler - this didn't deserve a thread really but it beats a lot of PD threads
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:30   #75
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
If I am correct, mods are like PATeam and get shown who gave them thier rep as well as the comments. It is one of the perks
Not quite. We have the ability to see our rep because it's a useful way of catching rep abusers without having to go through everyone's rep. For example, six months ago Fish was going around signing neg rep as Kjeldoran. He happened to do it to me. As amusing as that may seem to some people, it's not acceptable and he was warned over it.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:32   #76
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

In fairness theres a slight difference between accusing some people of being shit at a game and accusing people of a criminal act.

Incidentally, you're all crap.

Idler makes poo posts. If Wakey was to act towards a minority group as he does towards 1up then he'd be labelled a bigot.

This thread is doing no-one any favours and we'd all be spiritually better off if it never reared it's ugly head again.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:34   #77
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Not quite. We have the ability to see our rep because it's a useful way of catching rep abusers without having to go through everyone's rep.
Don't be so ridiculous. You have it because JJ wanted to give a perk to you since you lost the "only mods get avatars" perk. It isn't there to help you keep control or anything. It's just that it helps.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:34   #78
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
I know this appears to be going off topic and we can take this to private message if needs be. But what evidence do you speak of? There wasnt any at all never mind Circumstantual. And Rock were correct in everything they put forward. The only evidence you had was that you were aapperntly recieiving attacks from rock in a war when the doss attack took place. Means nothing tbh.

Now your argument, yes your correct people flame F-crew. But do these people also have the amount of calibur Wakey is supposed to uphold? Also Wakey didnt actually admit he was wrong, instead he acted like a politicion and sort of pointed the blame somwhere else.
I wasnt HC last round, had a round off due to pressure of work and stress caused by other allies members and HCs attacks on everything I did despite them been correct. Yes, this type of action, such as this thread causes negative effects to the people you attack. Maybe ppl will consider that before a thread like this is next created. Luckily the round off from dealing with other allies HCs, banning myself from these forums, and so not having to deal with many of the people like many of those posting in this thread was enough to get me back in there instead of quiting as I was seriously considering.

I believe the evidence was that 3 seperate servers running things used by F-crew, including Wakey himself, were attacked, the war having been announced, the intel we had, the duration of the attacks, the timing of ROCKs launch, and some other factors that as I was not HC I did not know about. People may remember I was not supporting wakey's view on this one further than that no alliance can say they 100% know the skills and actions their members take.

People may realise I battled resently to have the rep feature removed as it seems to just cause stress and upset, rather than been constructive.

Are Rock really that old? I can't remember them until the last couple of rounds.

Would changing the formulae so that it is not so heavily weighted in influence to some people? Could easily reduce the effect that 1 person can have. For example my 2nd neg rep from this thread (no pos rep given yet...) lost me 48 points which is a half a point, and so indeed lost me my 6th one. btw the post I made was poor, even though it is debateable if it was neg rep worthy.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:35   #79
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Not quite. We have the ability to see our rep because it's a useful way of catching rep abusers without having to go through everyone's rep. For example, six months ago Fish was going around signing neg rep as Kjeldoran. He happened to do it to me. As amusing as that may seem to some people, it's not acceptable and he was warned over it.
Thats why then. PATeam just get it so we can close whoever is mean and nasty and makes us cry.

WE HAVE FEELINGS TO YOU KNOW!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:35   #80
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
He's consistent, and I'd be disappointed if he wasn't. Poaching is a problem for small alliances, this is undeniable.
Wakey is the opposite of elitest, he loves to be Martyr. Poaching is a problem for all of us, Only when it's at the top of the rankings it's called ship jumping and it's the player who gets a hard time rather than the alliance taking them.

Every alliance in the game loses players up the ranks, get over it.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:38   #81
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon/
wakey the dramaqueen 13 Jul 2006 22:35 i'm not crap...
"heh"

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:39   #82
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:

Are Rock really that old? I can't remember them until the last couple of rounds.

Yes Rock are that old. Quite suprisng how everyone forgets that

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:39   #83
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Yes Rock are that old. Quite suprisng how everyone forgets that
Everyone just blanked out the bit where you were in charge

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:42   #84
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Everyone just blanked out the bit where you were in charge
I was only HC in 2 rounds. And leave me alone

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:44   #85
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
3D mushroom > embossed mushroom

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:45   #86
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Ahh. So, is this thread now going to be closed, we even have 1up members (jokingly) attacking each other. is anyone safe from this flamefest? (note - I consider myself done)
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:46   #87
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
which is < or > magic mushroom? :P
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:47   #88
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Ahh. So, is this thread now going to be closed, we even have 1up members (jokingly) attacking each other. is anyone safe from this flamefest? (note - I consider myself done)
Member!!??! Don't associate me with the peons

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:47   #89
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Your 3d mushroom looks like zidannes head with he was going to headbut the italy player. So it looks crap

Anyway lets get back on the topic

p3nguin Founder
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:48   #90
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Yah I took that comment back earlier.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:48   #91
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
which is < or > magic mushroom? :P
Depends on the weather imo. Mushrooms + warm summer night = teh win.

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:49   #92
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Anyway lets get back on the topic
Let's not. It was utter crud.

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:55   #93
Tomkat

Quote:
Isn't the embossed mushroom stolen from the one my ex-girlfriend made for my signature too?

What a thief!
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:58   #94
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Don't be so ridiculous. You have it because JJ wanted to give a perk to you since you lost the "only mods get avatars" perk. It isn't there to help you keep control or anything. It's just that it helps.
No dear, mods can see who reps them because that's the way the system came and JJ has about as much idea how to change these sorts of things as I have to move the moon about five miles to the left. I'd really rather you didn't make these claims when you quite clearly have zero idea about what you're talking.

I have private messaged JJ for clarification over this issue as to be honest I find it all a bit silly but rather contentious nonetheless. Should idler have neg-repped wakey if he didn't honestly think he made a poor post? No, that's not how we'd like to see the system work. Is this connected to 1up? Intrinsically, no, but practically speaking people will because people are very silly about these things. Should wakey have contacted idler over it? In my opinion, no. I've told people before I would not do this unless someone signed their rep and believe me it's lead to some extremely annoying moments. However this decision is really up to JJ. I think, and hope, wakey decided to contact idler because he thought that was what was best for the forums but that doesn't really excuse anything. We shall see.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:00   #95
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It isn't there to help you keep control or anything. It's just that it helps.
It's a conspiracy! A CONSPIRACY, I TELLS YOU!!!!!
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:06   #96
furball

Quote:
Wakey is the opposite of elitest, he loves to be Martyr. Poaching is a problem for all of us, Only when it's at the top of the rankings it's called ship jumping and it's the player who gets a hard time rather than the alliance taking them.

Every alliance in the game loses players up the ranks, get over it.
But poaching hurts small alliances more than it does large alliances. Since Wakey champions the interests of new players, it's logical for him to attempt to solve what he sees as poaching.

This thread isn't about the poaching argument though, just as it isn't about ROCK. The point remains that wakey has done an incredible amount for the game and it's appalling how little some people realise and respect this.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:06   #97
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

maybe start a thread with the most interesting neg/pos reps?
i bet we'd have a good laugh. i know i was sincerely amused when i saw some of them.
keep in mind ppl internet is JUST internet,and forums are merely forums. so if you suck as a person, all the green dots in the world wont make it better.

p.s. bob and maxine are my personal heroes
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:13   #98
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
But poaching hurts small alliances more than it does large alliances. Since Wakey champions the interests of new players, it's logical for him to attempt to solve what he sees as poaching.
When losing a member can potentially cost you the round I'd say the "hurt" was fairly equal.

Quote:
This thread isn't about the poaching argument though, just as it isn't about ROCK. The point remains that wakey has done an incredible amount for the game and it's appalling how little some people realise and respect this.
You're right it isn't so that will be my last post on the matter.

I'm sure you're right about Wakey but a lot of other people have done a great deal for PA and devoted a lot of time to it. Wakey just happens to shout about it louder than most. Also his posting style, from what snippets I've seen, is very inflammatory and aggressive so, in my opinion, he does go someway himself to encouraging peoples reactions to his opinions.

Bear in mind I am completely indifferent towards Wakey. He does good things for keeping new blood running through PA and his posts are inevitably too long and too riddled with spelling errors for me to get to the end of them

Quote:
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:17   #99
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

I do appriciate that Wakey wants to bring new players in....and I can see that having larger members leave the alliance can hurt the newer players (less good def around).....but I see no need for attacks on 1up etc. Its rather unbecoming of a mod.
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:20   #100
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
keep in mind ppl internet is JUST internet,and forums are merely forums. so if you suck as a person, all the green dots in the world wont make it better.

p.s. bob and maxine are my personal heroes
This is just inane. Forums are just a means of expressing yourself to other people. If you expressed yourself in real life poorly I'd imagine you would, quite literally, get a poor reputation.