User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 May 2006, 16:49   #401
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: 1up's not-ingame members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Yet, why do some loopholes stay there for the round, while others get midround changes even though the impact could be quite as big.
generally speaking things are only changed if they are a coding flaw rather than a design "flaw"

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 17:13   #402
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I'm going to say something in response to an earlier post about what the objective of playing the game is.

In a given round the objective of the game is to get the highest possible score be that for a planet, alliance or galaxy.

Some people do this by methods that others think are dodgy - providing an action does not violate the eula it is perfectly legal IF one alliance is doing something that people think should be cheating or abusing the game then in short they can complain all they want but in the end its their own fault for not playing the current game as well as the alliance they are complaining about.

To me finding the optimum strategy that is within the rules is one of the most interesting parts of the game and any alliance that does so well fully deserves to win.

That said.... just becuase a strategy is allowed this round does not mean it will be allowed next round - after all the top alliances need new challenges...
congrats to a post full of nonsens... by the post you exploring bug and loopholes is a fun and intresting thing to do.. and you was an admin on top of things good that your out of it so atleast 1 admin is away with his shit pro 1up crap

all i can say to that is......bah
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 17:41   #403
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
This is precisely WHY 1up members were instructed not to post on AD about 1up - as you don't know all the facts so end up making an idiot of yourself. Yes, some of the planet in tag DID donate resources to the fund - some of them donated quite a lot.

Which isn't to say that everything you said is wrong - some of the exi defence planets the other round had no scan techs and no amps. But why on earth discussing what exi did in earlier rounds is of any relevance totally beats me.

Of course if Wishmaster is trying to claim that Omen have only 60 planets this round, including scanners, then I doubt his veracity.
Thank you for verifiying my claims.
I dont blame 1up for doing it, I blame incompetent admins / MHs for allowing it, and not doing anything about it at this stage. They have changed things mid round b4. why not now? To me it just shows how pro 1up they are. But thats just my thought on the matter.

We started round with less than 60 players including scanners.

We then recruited some more, and we now got 1 maybe 2 scanners outside tag. Rest are inn the tag.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 17:41   #404
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
congrats to a post full of nonsens... by the post you exploring bug and loopholes is a fun and intresting thing to do.. and you was an admin on top of things good that your out of it so atleast 1 admin is away with his shit pro 1up crap

Pro 1up? Are you some kind of retard?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 17:42   #405
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
generally speaking things are only changed if they are a coding flaw rather than a design "flaw"
What about the OOGOOA change made mid round?

That was also an alliance thinking -out of the box- and getting help needed without breaking any rules.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 26 May 2006, 17:43   #406
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I agree with him there as staed above. Thats just my opinion though, and its just personal thoughts, as no one can proove anyone being -pro- anything

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2006, 17:44   #407
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:

your opinion is just as valid as mine on admins vs 1up

so your call m8
Unread 26 May 2006, 18:05   #408
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
What about the OOGOOA change made mid round?

That was also an alliance thinking -out of the box- and getting help needed without breaking any rules.
OOGOOA was technically already covered by the existing EULA, the EULA change was only to clarify the issue.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 May 2006, 18:09   #409
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:

exploiting a "bug" is against the EULA, playing the game within the rules and hence with the implied intent of the game mechanics is not.

I think its worth pointing out though that several alliances that have had people outside the alliance for much of the round have been heavilly investigated to make sure the rules have not been broken, and I am certain any actual breeches of the EULA will be punnished.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 May 2006, 18:58   #410
Kal
Inactive peon

I'd like to clarify that I am only hypothersising - I am not stating that any actions taken by any particular group do or do not break the EULA - that is for the MH team to decide.

If a strategy does not break the EULA and gives a benefit then it is a good strategy and well done for working it out. If it does break the EULA, then either the alliance concerned need to read EULA's before agreeing to them or they are evil nasty cheaters...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 May 2006, 19:32   #411
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

id say there is a very thin line between exploiting a bug and an innovation.
who's to say what's bugged in the game and what's innovation? the loudmouth eversowitty AD posters? the admins?
Unread 26 May 2006, 19:35   #412
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
who's to say what's bugged in the game and what's innovation? the loudmouth eversowitty AD posters? the admins?
i don't think you understand what exactly a bug is, for one.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 20:42   #413
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
Well... accepted standard, IEEE, and the encyclopedia is a good place to start. A bug is an error or fault in code that prevents it from working as intended. The code works exactly as it was intended. Whether or not there is a design flaw is a completely different matter.
Unread 26 May 2006, 20:43   #414
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I'm going to say something in response to an earlier post about what the objective of playing the game is.

In a given round the objective of the game is to get the highest possible score be that for a planet, alliance or galaxy.

Some people do this by methods that others think are dodgy - providing an action does not violate the eula it is perfectly legal IF one alliance is doing something that people think should be cheating or abusing the game then in short they can complain all they want but in the end its their own fault for not playing the current game as well as the alliance they are complaining about.

To me finding the optimum strategy that is within the rules is one of the most interesting parts of the game and any alliance that does so well fully deserves to win.

That said.... just becuase a strategy is allowed this round does not mean it will be allowed next round - after all the top alliances need new challenges...

This statement I didn’t like at all.

Do we have a game that is here to challenge a couple of person’s skills to do things in the edge of rules (EULA)

Or

Shall we have a game that attracts many players?

“Planetarion is a science fiction war game where thousands of worlds and hundreds of galaxies fight for the domination of the universe or merely survival.”

Kal; your post can be read as; encourage people to read the eula and then find out the “loopholes” ,act on them and win the game!?

Then please tell all the players – new and old ones – that this game isn’t anymore about fighting on the battlefield instead it’s about who can bend the rules most (without calling it cheating).

Reminder: This game is NOT for the few alliance leaders out there, this game is for everyone and hopefully for new players who wants to play a fun strategic/action game!
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:04   #415
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

The thing you obviously don’t get is that this game is played mostly by “young/action seeking” people who cruisers around the Internet after new “funny” games to play.
The few “old” ones that still reside here might be the backbone of the game and the ones who comes up with most of the new ideas etc….

But the future of this game can only be found out there among those who finds/been told about this game and how fun it is etc…..

If PA becomes a game where one person reads the eula more “right” then someone else and wins because of that then PA will lose players faster then…..well ever!
Not to mention how it will keep new players away!

PLanetarion should be a game were skills on the battlefield should make the different not how “well” someone reads eula !!

Chess; there you have a game that challenges minds etc….
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:10   #416
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
The thing you obviously don’t get is that this game is played mostly by “young/action seeking” people who cruisers around the Internet after new “funny” games to play.
The few “old” ones that still reside here might be the backbone of the game and the ones who comes up with most of the new ideas etc….

But the future of this game can only be found out there among those who finds/been told about this game and how fun it is etc…..

If PA becomes a game where one person reads the eula more “right” then someone else and wins because of that then PA will lose players faster then…..well ever!
Not to mention how it will keep new players away!

PLanetarion should be a game were skills on the battlefield should make the different not how “well” someone reads eula !!

Chess; there you have a game that challenges minds etc….
nothing skillful happens on the battlefield itself, everything that involves thinking is before that. if you don't realise this, it'd probably be why your alliance isn't #1 at this moment. (or ever)
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:14   #417
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
“Planetarion is a science fiction war game where thousands of worlds and hundreds of galaxies fight for the domination of the universe or merely survival.”

Kal; your post can be read as; encourage people to read the eula and then find out the “loopholes” ,act on them and win the game!?

Then please tell all the players – new and old ones – that this game isn’t anymore about fighting on the battlefield instead it’s about who can bend the rules most (without calling it cheating).

Reminder: This game is NOT for the few alliance leaders out there, this game is for everyone and hopefully for new players who wants to play a fun strategic/action game!
You're wrong. I wish you were right - but you aren't.

Forget waffle about fighting for domination of the universe or survival, the object of the game was defined in this thread by Kal as:

"In a given round the objective of the game is to get the highest possible score be that for a planet, alliance or galaxy."

As you may have realised, this is one of my favourite issues to discuss. I'd love the aim of the game to be to dominate the universe etc - as it used to be in earlier rounds. But it's not - the aim is to look at the rules for the game and work out how to get the most score. If domination, war etc were the aims of the game then the scoring system would reflect it - but it isn't and it doesn't.

XP has been introduced to minimise the effects of war - and hence, to a large extent, trivialise it. There's no easy fix to this: removing xp and reverting to just value=score would only go a small way towards it. Nearly all changes seem to add complexity to the rules (and with complexity come loopholes) without actually adding much (if anything) to the game-play.

And it's all because at no stage will some decide what the aim of the game is, then design the rules and the scoring system to faciliate and encourage playing in a way which attempts to achieve that aim.
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:19   #418
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
nothing skillful happens on the battlefield itself, everything that involves thinking is before that. if you don't realise this, it'd probably be why your alliance isn't #1 at this moment. (or ever)
IDIOT - ban, 1 week - flaming, trolling, threatening other users with violence

Last edited by lokken; 27 May 2006 at 09:17.
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:31   #419
jerome

Quote:
Once and for all.

1. I’m older then you, that means I can beat you up when I want
2. You have none what so ever knowledge about my alliance belongings
3. I’m trying to talk about the future of this game.
4. Stay away or I will enforce nr:1
1. "THAN"
2. i don't need to, i presume any alliance that needs a member that threatens others OVER THE INTERNET!111 is probably endlessly poor
3. pa has NEVER been a game where there have been skills shown in the battlefield, it has ALWAYS been about the before-the-battle aspects of the game, if you don't grasp this by now you should really find a different game, instead of trying to change a game to what you want it to be.
4. lol. i really almost started crying with laughter at the sheer hilarity of this.
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:39   #420
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
your opinion is just as valid as mine on admins vs 1up

so your call m8
You're saying that the admins are pro-1up for allowing 1up to keep their members out of the tag until mid-round, thus gaining an advantage, thus displaying a weak grasp of history. Last round, 1up were winning, until they were beaten by a very similar tactic, by an alliance that played to maximise its score.

If the admins were pro-1up, they would have banned this strategy last round and awarded 1up the victory.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:40   #421
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
1. "THAN"
2. i don't need to, i presume any alliance that needs a member that threatens others OVER THE INTERNET!111 is probably endlessly poor
3. pa has NEVER been a game where there have been skills shown in the battlefield, it has ALWAYS been about the before-the-battle aspects of the game, if you don't grasp this by now you should really find a different game, instead of trying to change a game to what you want it to be.
4. lol. i really almost started crying with laughter at the sheer hilarity of this.
wrong on all accounts there

pa is all about who you know not who you are or do, 1up is good example on that
Unread 26 May 2006, 21:54   #422
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You're right. It would be a huge challenge, one that hasn't been met for a very long time. In fact, I don't believe that the present alliances have the ability to do this, excluding yourselves and those who have come from pia (eXilition and Omen).
eXilition aren't and never were PIA alliance. They didn't stem from one either. I'd go as far as to say I could count the said players that still play Planetarion on one hand.
Unread 26 May 2006, 22:01   #423
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:

That's a good excuse for being shit. If you're as good at the game as you are at forum-posting, I can see why you need excuses.
Unread 26 May 2006, 22:05   #424
jerome

Quote:

when did i say it didn't involve that part either? "before the battle" includes politics too you know
Unread 26 May 2006, 22:06   #425
robban1

Quote:
You're saying that the admins are pro-1up for allowing 1up to keep their members out of the tag until mid-round, thus gaining an advantage, thus displaying a weak grasp of history. Last round, 1up were winning, until they were beaten by a very similar tactic, by an alliance that played to maximise its score.

If the admins were pro-1up, they would have banned this strategy last round and awarded 1up the victory.
they kinda did that after but still ignore what happens in this round cos they are a bunch of cowards who rather do nothing with anything really as long as the ticks run and then after tickstop saying erm um we did some faults yada yada.... weak ppl
Unread 26 May 2006, 22:07   #426
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

robban if it's the case that 'who you know' defines the outcome of the game, why is the alliance that didn't defend each other winning. Don't tell me it's because of the scanner donations, that's attributable to **** all score, and even less because they were fighting less wars anyway (less need for scanners).
Unread 26 May 2006, 22:08   #427
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Are they weak? God knows what Omen, NewDawn and Insomnia have been worrying about all round then.
Unread 26 May 2006, 22:15   #428
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Are they weak? God knows what Omen, NewDawn and Insomnia have been worrying about all round then.

admins/pacrew read again
Unread 26 May 2006, 22:16   #429
robban1

Quote:
robban if it's the case that 'who you know' defines the outcome of the game, why is the alliance that didn't defend each other winning. Don't tell me it's because of the scanner donations, that's attributable to **** all score, and even less because they were fighting less wars anyway (less need for scanners).
plantary naps and so but hey it cant be as sid never lie omg
Unread 26 May 2006, 23:24   #430
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
admins/pacrew read again
what in the name of all thats ****ing holy ARE YOU ON ABOUT!

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 23:25   #431
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
He was saying that pateam/admins are weak - not that 1up are.
Unread 26 May 2006, 23:30   #432
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He was saying that pateam/admins are weak - not that 1up are.
cheers sid

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2006, 23:56   #433
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
If you "read" it, you wouldn't have needed Sid to translate it for you

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 01:12   #434
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
eXilition aren't and never were PIA alliance. They didn't stem from one either. I'd go as far as to say I could count the said players that still play Planetarion on one hand.
No, eXilition weren't a PIA alliance. But a good number of their members came from PIA alliances (Dragons).
Unread 27 May 2006, 02:29   #435
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Kal, you are very wrong; if the support planet thing was already covered in the EULA why did u have to implement a new rule into it midround?

it was perfectly legal to have out of tag scanners build 1 type of ships only to defend. just because some ppl whined on here over and over PA team did change midround.

the only difference to the resource donating thingy (from planets which only purpose is to donate to ally fund) this round is, that not enough (important) ppl whine about it to get it changed.

it's just weird to see the same ppl defending this "unfair" but legal way now that were screaming and whining against what eXilition did. (i know that it ain't exactly the same, but very similar)

again i think this stupid rule should have never been written and as well the resource donating should stay legal.
if an ally; no matter if eXi, 1up, or whoever has ppl willing to help them in an unusual way then it should be allowed. but allowing only 1 ally to work within the rules (though pushing it to the limits) and punishing another for trying to do the same is biased and shit.

edit: even without those extra resources 1up would be in the lead now, so stop talking everyone and start battling
Unread 27 May 2006, 03:20   #436
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Once and for all.

1. I’m older then you, that means I can beat you up when I want
2. You have none what so ever knowledge about my alliance belongings
3. I’m trying to talk about the future of this game.
4. Stay away or I will enforce nr:1
Oh dear jesus, internet threats. If you're older than he is, why not show it by posting with a modicum of maturity?

Twat.

Last edited by Proxi; 27 May 2006 at 03:32.
Proxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 09:02   #437
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
plantary naps and so but hey it cant be as sid never lie omg
strange how my galmates have been attacking 1up players on random from tickstart then

Last edited by lokken; 27 May 2006 at 09:22.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 10:32   #438
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right i've had to delete the last 3 posts on this thread plus 2 others because they've been drivel, all of which broke the rules. Any more shitness on this thread and I'll come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Idler, Dotatrix, Foxman are given special mention.

robban1 gets a 24 hour ban.
Unread 27 May 2006, 11:00   #439
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

To be perfectly honest, I dont think this breaks any rules, and if they implemented rules which cover this, then it would limit normal planets just as much.

The thing is, if 1up had used those planets to do nothing but defend, it still wouldnt have been against the rules if they had only defended the planets which were in the tag.

Its up to the person who owns the planet as to how they want to play, If they wish to just login every few days and donate a resources, I cant see where the problem is.

What's really bothering you is not that there were idle/inactive people in 1up's tag, whats bothering you is that a lot of you didnt realise that 1up were as strong as they are.

And that is why your kicking up a fuss, you think if 1up hadnt asked a few people who had no intention of playing beforehand, to sign up and join 1up intag so that it gave the illusion that 1up was weak. Then they would have had all there normal members join intag?

If you think that this made any difference at all, then you really do not understand Sid or 1up's tactics for this round. Which is a bit distressing, as i've understood it since the start of the round and im not even playing....

kick up all the fuss you want, but it has made no difference, you would not have known 1up's strength anyway, they would still have hid it.
Unread 27 May 2006, 11:15   #440
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

1up didnt break any rules, they bent them maybe. But they did it bloody well and kudos to them for doing this. Will this game now turn into a game where every alliance has 80 members just 60 tagged and if your not big enough to get in tag you have no chance of alliance def? Possibly. But its a natural evolution and if PA team dont want this to be the way the game goes obviously they'l have to enforce something to counteract.

Congratulations 1up on having a round off and still winning
Unread 27 May 2006, 12:36   #441
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Right i've had to delete the last 3 posts on this thread plus 2 others because they've been drivel, all of which broke the rules. Any more shitness on this thread and I'll come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Idler, Dotatrix, Foxman are given special mention.

robban1 gets a 24 hour ban.

If i could give a suggestion, imo, you should lock the thread. Now i know whining to get thread closed is "not by rules", but for a while now, not a single decent post came out of it, tbh, if you delete whole last page, it would make those who read them boards life much easier. The information contained in them is semiintelligent and as interesting as watching a snail crawl. I am not saying that this discussion had been shit in its entierity ( I know I made posts I liked ;p) but the subject of it, truly, had been discussed over past 3 AD threads with a bit of variations. I am just tired of it....

How about them Yankees ?

No - this thread is fine. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it and there's still discussion of interest in the thread
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you

Last edited by lokken; 27 May 2006 at 13:52.
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 12:47   #442
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
No, eXilition weren't a PIA alliance. But a good number of their members came from PIA alliances (Dragons).
There's a difference between having had a few Dragons players (nearly all of which now don't play) and they 'came from PIA.'

Quote:
Nope, you're wrong. Since the introduction of XP the game hasn't been about killing and stealing things - it's about accumulating score. XP isn't given for fighting wars it's given for attacking targets that can't get defence. Depending on the way xp works in a particular round it is generally either beneficial to attack targets bigger than you with horribly unbalanced fleets or ones smaller than you with fleets that overpower them. Neither of which requires any particular tactical or strategic ability - or is even much fun.
For me, the only time I thought XP had made a round more interesting was Round 15, particularly at the end. But then, organising lots of fleets tends to be interesting anyway. Thinking more about it, XP encouraged and 'rewarded' players for fighting up the value chain, but it was never fun in a personal sense. XP didn't make the situation interesting, the personal ties in the alliance did. On an individual level, there was no tactical and strategic element to the game whatsoever.
It didn't make a difference whether 1up hid players or not this round, all of the alliances concerned with the #1 position knew full well what to expect towards the last fortnight anyway. It was and continues to be a case of one alliance making clear they are prepared to give up everything to win, and three others too concerned about the Score race and getting the better of each other to contend. I'm sure the leaders of those alliances could've played it a lot better, perhaps they could've been more imaginative and had more self-belief.. (By worrying about trust, Omen killed off their own chances of winning, but they didn't have to. I think they got it all wrong. They took 'killing off 1up completely' as a given, it would've served them better to leave them in the race) but the fundamental (uninteresting) score objective is the greater problem at work.
Unread 27 May 2006, 17:11   #443
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

hell...

i play the game cuz i feel like a punk fighting for freedom and anticapitalism, only here i do belong to the "ones with a backbone" which are allowed to (try to) kill the few which make the laws and the many who follow them blind.

i dont care about 1up controlling the code and the stats. Far from it! Actually this excites me to play on! isnt that the main part of the game since 5 rounds? to fight against the fat cats? (wordplay!)

so i just say the resistance failed this round.
its unlucky that we didnt have the idea to start with 100 players and just invite them into ally when they need defense.
i really thought 1up slows down at the beginning to then take number 1 with 70 ppl, thought that was the "loophole" they told pa team to code in. i am even a bit disappointed that, except from excellent stats and excellent alliance politics, 1up didnt have a good idea this rnd.
well, the 100 player affair now goes on for 9 sites, what actually says that it was a good idea, its probably just me who thinks it stinks.
so what else to say, dont take it too honest what i say, plz dont close me for saying loud what i think, and... freedom forever!

Last edited by shik; 27 May 2006 at 17:54.
shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 18:06   #444
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shik
hell...

i play the game cuz i feel like a punk fighting for freedom and anticapitalism, only here i do belong to the "ones with a backbone" which are allowed to (try to) kill the few which make the laws and the many who follow them blind.

i dont care about 1up controlling the code and the stats. Far from it! Actually this excites me to play on! isnt that the main part of the game since 5 rounds? to fight against the fat cats? (wordplay!)

so i just say the resistance failed this round.
its unlucky that we didnt have the idea to start with 100 players and just invite them into ally when they need defense.
i really thought 1up slows down at the beginning to then take number 1 with 70 ppl, thought that was the "loophole" they told pa team to code in. i am even a bit disappointed that, except from excellent stats and excellent alliance politics, 1up didnt have a good idea this rnd.
well, the 100 player affair now goes on for 9 sites, what actually says that it was a good idea, its probably just me who thinks it stinks.
so what else to say, dont take it too honest what i say, plz dont close me for saying loud what i think, and... freedom forever!
Do you have any clue what you're talking about? I doubt you actually read the 9 sites.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 18:27   #445
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so gonna laugh when all the 'ex' Ascendancy people leave their (defleech)alliance 3 days before round and all join Asc in the last tick so we will prevail!!!11
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 18:47   #446
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I'm so gonna laugh when all the 'ex' Ascendancy people leave their (defleech)alliance 3 days before round and all join Asc in the last tick so we will prevail!!!11
TBH I'd be quite impressed :P

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 19:30   #447
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hell...

i dont care about 1up controlling the code and the stats.
Please tell me you aren't being serious.
Unread 27 May 2006, 21:06   #448
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
freedom forever!
Shorten your signature, maximum of ten lines allowed good sir.
Unread 28 May 2006, 00:02   #449
stubbsy

stubbsy will become famous soon enoughstubbsy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Every top alliance contender except 1up lost this round, and every one is guilty of various things that help to explain this. Lack of proactivity or organisation, or sheer political ineptness.

Trying to blame it on every other alliance is childish and moronic. Your own alliance didn't do what was needed to win, and it's your own fault. Maybe if you learnt from it instead of trying to blame everyone else, you might not make the same mistake again.

There are logs that are damning of keizari and could easily lead to the conclusion 'congrats omen for screwing it', but I'd rather my alliance learns primarily from its own mistakes and improves for the future than pasting them up on the internet in a feeble attempt to reinforce my own opinion that it couldn't possibly be our own mistakes that cost us the round. And hopefully, if I have a big enough whine about it and post enough out of context remarks, I can make it look like it was entirely the other party's fault. Because, of course, the most important thing in PA is not to win, but to **** up and then try to blame everyone else.

You lost. Get better.
ps.
you're a ****

pps you're banned
stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 02:53   #450
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

"The first casualty when war comes is truth". - Hiram W Johnson 1918

In war, truth is the first casualty. - Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu 5th Century China
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote