User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 May 2003, 14:10   #1
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Audioslave revisited

Wow, i'm just listeneing to their album again for the first time in about 3 months and I think I like it even more now! Its the dogs bollocks!
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 14:22   #2
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
download festival
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 14:47   #3
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't heard of Audioslave.

Have heard of Audiopain though. It's not a very good band.

Matrim
Unread 1 May 2003, 15:15   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Download festival is wank except Iron Maiden and Audioslave.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 18:40   #5
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
Audioslave is wank. "Ok lets make some money...take Rage Against the Machine...mix with 'ol Chris.... we have a $$ cow!"
Unread 1 May 2003, 18:42   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The only song I've heard of theres is the one that was endlessly played on Kerrang. It didn't seem very good. What's their best stuff?

Then again, I didn't really like RATM except for some of the lyrics either.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 18:46   #7
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
talking about **** cheese?
Unread 1 May 2003, 19:17   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
The only song I've heard of theres is the one that was endlessly played on Kerrang. It didn't seem very good. What's their best stuff?
I think the Kerrang/Music Channels one is Like A Stone, which admittedly isn't superb.

You perhaps wouldn't enjoy it, but I do like the album without particularly enjoying that song.
Unread 1 May 2003, 23:47   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
oh oh oh

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2003, 03:56   #10
yodaa800
Open da mouth!

yodaa800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Audioslave
I like every song on the cd which is rare.

ps I don't think Like A Stone is the best song on that album
[22:47:48] <Metrofx> i was asked if i was gay before in pa
[22:47:51] <Metrofx> i answered yes
yodaa800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 12:44   #11
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
audioslave: ratm revisited is more like it

i mean fair enough....zach left.....and ratm can only do ratm....but audioslave = ratm ffs.

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 12:46   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by treelo
i mean fair enough....zach left.....and ratm can only do ratm....but audioslave = ratm ffs.
RATM minus Zak isn't RATM. Also, apparently they made some sort of promise not to do political songs so they definitely aren't RATM.
Unread 3 May 2003, 19:33   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

It was weird because they originally said "we wont get a new singer unless he has the right political thoughts", then got Cornell, who agreed not to sing politically.
Unread 3 May 2003, 21:31   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Ska
Audioslave is wank. "Ok lets make some money...take Rage Against the Machine...mix with 'ol Chris.... we have a $$ cow!"
yeah but chris cornell is a sexy man (he can sing in french ffs - oh no my bad that's NOT sexy)

and RATM have a wicked guitarist.....

yes the whole thing does STINK of cash cow, but lets face it ,look at the udders on it

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 23:23   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
It was weird because they originally said "we wont get a new singer unless he has the right political thoughts", then got Cornell, who agreed not to sing politically.
They should have got me as their new front man.

Or Billy Bragg. He'd have been better since he's a musician (sort of).

It would have rocked though.

"I went into a fish & chip shop in a fascist regime" + ridiculous bass line = "the win"

(Apologies to Mr Bill Bailey)
Unread 3 May 2003, 23:53   #16
yodaa800
Open da mouth!

yodaa800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, do you really give a damn about their motive for making the music?
[22:47:48] <Metrofx> i was asked if i was gay before in pa
[22:47:51] <Metrofx> i answered yes
yodaa800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 23:57   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by yodaa800
With most bands, no. With RATM, yes.
Unread 4 May 2003, 00:04   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by yodaa800
When RATM are trying to be all prophetic, and this is pretty much their niche, the motive is an essential ingredient.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 01:10   #19
acousticset

acousticset is an unknown quantity at this point
Ratm kicked ass gotta like the video for 'sleep now in the fire'. Yeah Audioslave are cool but i woudnt say like a stone is their best song.
acousticset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 14:54   #20
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Ska
Audioslave is wank.
they are mega rich rockstars.

you are nothing.

ps i would like to see you be a part of a band even a tenth as succesfull as they are, what's that you can't? didn't think so chief

chuff
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 20:56   #21
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Recon

ps i would like to see you be a part of a band even a tenth as succesfull as they are, what's that you can't? didn't think so chief
If Audioslave didn't have the SG+RATM history and weren't marketed down your throat, their album wouldn't have sold a quarter of whatever it did.

Simply put, any half decent band could be successful if they had that kind of pedigree and marketing.
Unread 4 May 2003, 21:09   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Recon
i would like to see you be a part of a band even a tenth as succesfull as they are, what's that you can't? didn't think so chief
success != quality
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 21:14   #23
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
success != quality
But in this case quality = success
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 21:32   #24
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
But in this case quality = success
The first I heard of Audioslave was when I was browsing some music site (PitchforkMedia.com I think), loaded a page and saw Chris Cornell in a pink vest with blonde highlights in his hair.

I had a feeling that they were going to be ****e after seeing this picture, and after d/ling the album a few days after release, I wasn't disappointed. The songs are as throwaway and as dull as the name Audioslave, there is no experimintation whatsoever.

Where is Morello the world class guitar player? Cornell the lyricist? The songs all sound empty and meaningless, if ever there was a corporate band, Audioslave is it.