User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:05   #1
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Just how many...

Just how many alliances would not mind going into vac mode for a week to let weet/nar stew on their own for a while and have a good night sleep and when we come out all those top gals cannot attack us anymore anyways.

Btw, this is a personal question, i'm not suggesting in any way my alliance is considering such a move at this time.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:08   #2
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just how many...

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Just how many alliances would not mind going into vac mode for a week to let weet/nar stew on their own for a while and have a good night sleep and when we come out all those top gals cannot attack us anymore anyways.

Btw, this is a personal question, i'm not suggesting in any way my alliance is considering such a move at this time.

hAl
The universe isn't just weetnarfz and vvomm and even if they go into vacation mode, weetnarfz know they have to come out of it

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:10   #3
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting suggestion but i would also suggest that if this did happen on a grand scale WEET/NaR would just stop spending resources also.

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:15   #4
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Just how many...

Quote:
Originally posted by InTGuRu
The universe isn't just weetnarfz and vvomm and even if they go into vacation mode, weetnarfz know they have to come out of it
That does not matter, I'm not vvomm either, if you do it it should not just be vvomm but preferbly at least 25% of the universe. We already know weetnar won anyways but if their top 50 of gals cannot attack our gals anymore they will be seriously hampered in staying allied and keeping the top 50 as it is. We can pick of every gal we want by attacking together with ten or 20 gals together. Not to win but just to enjoy ourselfs and get some of the worst cheating gals back down to rubble possibly.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:20   #5
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by ElAlan
Interesting suggestion but i would also suggest that if this did happen on a grand scale WEET/NaR would just stop spending resources also.
hehe, they could but somehow I do not think they are as united as that. If one alliance would comntinue to grow they could strike suddenly and win. That would realy be a huge risk to take. also, it is only a gesture really as it is a losing strategy anyways. But it would put out a strong messge to futere powerblock that the rest of Pa has had enough of powerblock like this one.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:23   #6
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
hehe, they could but somehow I do not think they are as united as that. If one alliance would comntinue to grow they could strike suddenly and win. That would realy be a huge risk to take. also, it is only a gesture really as it is a losing strategy anyways. But it would put out a strong messge to futere powerblock that the rest of Pa has had enough of powerblock like this one.
Yes true i actually agree, and to be honest, i have had enough of this powerblock also

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:50   #7
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going in vacation mode this weekend

I hope to find a war going on by the time i get back.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 15:54   #8
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Do it !

To be honest I wouldn't mind a week of decent nights sleep and a good laugh at how childish the average Planetarion player is.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:01   #9
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks

[...] a good laugh at how childish the average Planetarion player is.
Personally I think that a lot of posts in the last two weeks have been along the lines of:
"You stink!"
"No, you stink!"
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:02   #10
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Do it !

To be honest I wouldn't mind a week of decent nights sleep and a good laugh at how childish the average Planetarion player is.
You laugh, we sleep. And I'm prety certain those not in vac mode won't cause there will always be some people trying to make a quick profit and score places over the others.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:05   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
If you want to waste your $10 go ahead it doesn't bother me. I'll just stack resources for a week and then bust open one of the few big juicy VoM galaxies left.

In fact can you organise this mass vacation mode for today ? As I should have news scans by the time you all come out.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:06   #12
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I laugh and sleep. As do my galaxy.

If you really don't care so much stop bitching, sleep for as long as you want, lose a few roids, gang up on some attackers, kill some fleets.

When news scans come along it won't be as fun.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:09   #13
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
I sleep well each night as i know i have 3 slots free that i can use to run my fleets, roids are still so cheap that i can inited everyother day anyway....
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:24   #14
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
If you want to waste your $10 go ahead it doesn't bother me. I'll just stack resources for a week and then bust open one of the few big juicy VoM galaxies left.

In fact can you organise this mass vacation mode for today ? As I should have news scans by the time you all come out.
It would be better to wait with coming out of vac mode untill one alliance in weetnar made a move. A week is only an indication.

hAl
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 16:28   #15
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Do it !

To be honest I wouldn't mind a week of decent nights sleep and
a good laugh at how childish the average Planetarion player is.
Absolutely agreed with your posts on this thread,
No wonder we have always understood each other

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:07   #16
Sergio
BSE carrier

Quote:
Do it !

You really don't have a clue. And a far too quick and big mouth.
I'm not going into vacation mode bc of NARWEET. I have my own reasons. Someone should teach you to think before you post. But then again, some things just can't be learned.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:35   #17
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

CharlieB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
You really don't have a clue. And a far too quick and big mouth.
I'm not going into vacation mode bc of NARWEET. I have my own reasons. Someone should teach you to think before you post. But then again, some things just can't be learned.
i think you'll find that hicks was not talking about you, but the everyone going into vac mode.

So please get rid of your own ego there. Hicks knows a lot more than you ever will.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:50   #18
Sergio
BSE carrier

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlieB
i think you'll find that hicks was not talking about you, but the everyone going into vac mode.

So please get rid of your own ego there. Hicks knows a lot more than you ever will.
Oh. It wasn't about me? Gee, let me correct myself then.

Yeah ofc, childish players. They should stand and fight so that 3 guys 1.5 times bigger gang up on each of them to steal some of their less than 100 roids every other night. After all, they are doing so well that it would really be a waste of those 10$ they paid.
They should stay so that you and your pack can continue getting easy roids launching at players that can't oppose against the overwhelming numbers, while in the meantime the only incoming you get is a retal from your target sending his pods at you.

That is indeed very manlike, ain't it? It is YOU that make ME laugh.

Now plz go back to stealing candy from the kids, and boasting how elite you are.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:53   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hicks knows a lot more than you ever will.
Will this be the start of the "Hicks cult" ?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:03   #20
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Will this be the start of the "Hicks cult" ?
That is a scary scary thought.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:05   #21
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Ska
That is a scary scary thought.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:35   #22
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

Quote:
Oh. It wasn't about me? Gee, let me correct myself then.

Yeah ofc, childish players. They should stand and fight so that 3 guys 1.5 times bigger gang up on each of them to steal some of their less than 100 roids every other night. After all, they are doing so well that it would really be a waste of those 10$ they paid.
They should stay so that you and your pack can continue getting easy roids launching at players that can't oppose against the overwhelming numbers, while in the meantime the only incoming you get is a retal from your target sending his pods at you.

That is indeed very manlike, ain't it? It is YOU that make ME laugh.

Now plz go back to stealing candy from the kids, and boasting how elite you are.
I would like to now point out im not a member of any of the blocks.

Theres a hicks cult where can i join?!?!?!
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:36   #23
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

Quote:

Additionally i never once said i was elite.

Did you see me even boast about being a good player i didnt did i. I'm merely a player and thats it.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:39   #24
Homerio
Furious Angel

Homerio is an unknown quantity at this point
i can confirm that charlieb is a nuub

The anti-hicks

<Slava> If we quit pa and take up residence in a new game that would be better. Take our organisation, alliance, and skills elsewhere.
<Hathor^> hyperiums
<Hathor^> Dark Galaxy
<Slava> anything will do.
* Slava imagines team-deathmatch-hopscotch
Homerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:40   #25
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

Quote:
Originally posted by Homerio
i can confirm that charlieb is a nuub

The anti-hicks
just cause hicks didnt pick you in his top 10 pa players gal. Bitter man.

Whats a nuub?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:46   #26
Sergio
BSE carrier

Quote:
Additionally i never once said i was elite.

Did you see me even boast about being a good player i didnt did i. I'm merely a player and thats it.
That was a general comment, even more close to a rant. I do believe what you say.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:47   #27
CharlieB
Pegasus Rising

Quote:
That was a general comment, even more close to a rant. I do believe what you say.
Nice hidden insult there Bravo!!

HOMERIO, can i join the anti-hicks cult with you?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 20:26   #28
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Nah, vac mode is pointless.

But you can refuse to be farms. Just stop initing roids, if you can't keep them anyway. If you want to drop out of the attack range of the lamers, just stockpile those resources, and it'll happen almost as fast as in vac mode, too.

This way you can still play a bit, even though newsies are just about available. Perhaps escort some friends who still wanna attack. Try to catch some hostiles returning home in-cluster. Whatever. Just do not init more roids for those lamers who would wave you with 10 planets 4 times your score just to get 30 roids off your planet, when they're running out of targets.

If they get start hunting fleets of planets with 60 roids just to get something to do, THEN I'd understand, even advice going to vac mode. But it's not that bad yet, right? Right?

And then hope that NARWEET will actually split, not just shed of small parts and roid them dry before shedding of next part...
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 20:46   #29
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
If I was in Vom right now, id be doing a slow growth strategy, keeping myself a pretty bad target and focusing on killing off attacking fleets while building up my fleet slowly. Once news scans come out, then just focus on strategic defense. And unless people start bashing continue on like that. Put yourself in a position to have as good a fleet as you can when the politics shift so you can jump into things.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote