User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Dec 2002, 03:51   #151
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
Hi Zhil,
Maybe Fury has been targetted first but how comes that 28.11 the galaxy I was in, 100% Titans and #1 gal at this point of the game has been one of their first target? hmmm maybe I didnt get their uber tactic but you didnt get it either since you did nothing against that.
Backroom politics. And for them to never target you would be a mistake, you never only target one alliance - you at least keep the others busy so they cant help.

Low blow attempting to undermine me, I was quite in tune to the tactics for round 6, but my suggestions to the route to take were not taken as seriously as I would have hoped. No matter, things worked out well in the end anyway.

Quote:

Concerning The Consortium, It is just an excuse and you know that. Legion and Virus started The Consortium and Titans joined later on. Have you attacked The Legion? no. Once more I can take your "objectivity" in default. All the rest of your post is just lol...
'Legion' was never really fully into the deal - it was claimed Titans had tricked them into it - this is at least what Fred told me and what he told others. Whether this is true or not I couldnt really care less. The remote fact that Grendel wasnt even consulted just goes to show it wasnt official for Legion itself. ViruS again when I spoke to Viper claimed likewise, that they got the wrong end of the stick. Titans were definately not innocent in all of this. When the Consortium fell apart - both Legion and ViruS were cooperative. Titans were not. This is why Titans was dropped, you had shown no interest in continuing any agreements nor any respect for Fury and its rules so our relationship at that point was at an end.

As for the rest of my post, its only 'lol' because you cant even respond to it. You know I am telling the truth - you know I have witnesses. Illegal witnesses to people who were not command, who I pasted information to. Yes, I like to make sure I have witnesses to why I have my viewpoints.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 12:13   #152
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium-^
Wish i spent my 100m resources heh ;p
Could be worse, spending resources is the reason I'm 102nd not 99th :-/
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 13:58   #153
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
It takes a real man to admit defeat.
I wish you had more 'men' like girlee
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 16:06   #154
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Titans/LDK won.

i was larger in size then the average titans tho
(not in score, started 5 weeks late or so)
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 18:15   #155
genclay
Serial Drunk

genclay is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey all, theres a couple Of things i'd like to say:

It is in regards to an earlier post, i would quote it but i can't be bothered to find it again. The gist of the end was that one of the reasons fury was geting less incomming over the last few days was because they were ***ty targets. I can't speak for everyone but i can speak for my gal. It had the dobius luxery of have 3 Fury in it. Given the nature of the round i still can't deside if this was a good thing or not. As anyone can imagine such a gal would get a lot incoming, Especially as for the majority of the round we had an extreamly high ratio. We did, the worse being 16 lots in 4 days. In the last few weeks when good targets were hard to come by our in coming did decress, our ratio did not. To be honest if i could have attacked us i would have.

Secondly, thankx to the mo's who must have toward's the end must have feered pm's from me and my gal mates. You guy's were great, and though not an mo i have witnessed one working. You guys did a great job. We luv you all

As for fury in genral, well i've only been playing since R6. In which i got in to warth. lucky even for the butiful, azmazing and active noob i was. I've been fury since. I've never found any of 'ignorance' or 'arogance' others ppl have talked about members and comand have all been great in putting up with little ol' me. I'll miss you lot

And as for the the round, congrats to the little ppl. The peons and alience members who alow there to be the big players cos they'd die with out the back up. The ppl who get bashed, fight on don't give up. In comparing the last 2 rounds this one has been more fun, I've done far worse. But that dosen't matter.

Anyway, i'll stop prattling on and go crawl back in to the hole i hide in
genclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 18:39   #156
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
It takes a real man to admit defeat.
I wish you had more 'men' like girlee
I admit defeat when I am defeated. As long as I have hope, I am not defeated.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 18:52   #157
fletcher
Guyver

fletcher is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmm imo (yes my opinion :P) i dont think anyone was the winner of the FULL round 8 as the full round 8 was never finished, virus/titans/ldk etc or whoever wanna call them won what WAS played of round 8, so if r8 does stop now they are winners of what was played when its all said and done, does it matter? long as everyone had a "good" time, helpped some friends im glad i could help my friends and be of help

in the end everything that is said is, if, but, could have, would have, etc we never know for sure unless r8 is finished, but with servers being down/gone for this amount of time, its changes things people thinking "eh fk it" so cant be the same

in the end not winning that matters :P long as we had fun with friends? right?

goodluck to everyone in the future with whatever they may do be it whats to come of pa, other games or real life enjoy it while you can

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting
fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 19:16   #158
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I admit defeat when I am defeated. As long as I have hope, I am not defeated.
22:6:10 "Mist and Shadows" "Zhilarsk" roids=256 score=5208974 IRCnickname=Zhil Alliance=FURY

We don't have the same definition for defeat and victory then... What did you hope for? 257 roids?
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 19:38   #159
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
22:6:10 "Mist and Shadows" "Zhilarsk" roids=256 score=5208974 IRCnickname=Zhil Alliance=FURY

We don't have the same definition for defeat and victory then... What did you hope for? 257 roids?
Measuring an alliance's success or failure based on how many roids their scanners have is not really very reliable
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:48   #160
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Quote:
I admit defeat when I am defeated. As long as I have hope, I am not defeated. [/

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
Measuring an alliance's success or failure based on how many roids their scanners have is not really very reliable
Oh I thought that Zhil was refering to his own behaviour, and was not speaking on behalf of the whole Fury, my bad
I just didn't know that the Fury's scanners can post behalf of their alliance on AD. How candid I can be sometimes...
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 21:52   #161
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Hi stephane, coming to cologne ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:08   #162
Dreadnought!

Quote:

I was 2.5mil and i was DTA. But i wasnt defeated i just didnt play seriously i know for a fact Zhil hasnt played seriously since r4. He was suprised he got over 1k roids last rnd (of which he got 50 or so from valy)
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:09   #163
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Heya,
I have some stuff planned for that weekend, but maybe I can arrange something...
First I have to hire some bodyguards
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:11   #164
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
well webby, dunno if i can make it myself, caught myself a nice cold and trying to fight it off.

About the bodyguards, i think food isnt as hot eaten as it is cooked
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 22:15   #165
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

My score wasnt much better in r5 but I was leader of one of the most successful alliances during that round, arguably the best recruitment wing for that era of the game.

Does that mean thus that r5 Wrath was 'defeated'?

You seem to think my definition of defeat conveys my own personal score. Of course not since I have not played seriously since r4. R7 was very surprising for me to lead a galaxy that was top 10 material and ended within top 15 I believe. If only we had all worked abit harder we could have given the top 5 a good go.

My definition of defeat is when even after my help and my brethen help, my alliance cannot win and is destined to loss

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 5 Dec 2002, 23:41   #166
Schleng

Well said Zh|l
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 00:29   #167
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Quote:

My definition of defeat is when even after my help and my brethen help, my alliance cannot win and is destined to loss
Exactly my definition, you lost with no hope of been the winners of r8, you have been defeated!
Concerning the HCs and their punny planets, there is another thread you can post in to justify yourself.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:18   #168
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Why we 'won'....

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse

That's the top 50. I didn't want to bore you all with the rest of the 'others' so I just singled out the Titans/LDK/Plush/DTA/Section planets in the rest of the top 250 for your perusal.
enough said i guess :-/

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:24   #169
Darki

first: imo LDK/Titans won, end of the story

second: no Fury wasn´t "owned" "defeated" etc.
this would mean that ppl gave up and became inactive etc. but I have to say one thing: all u ppl that have never been part of Fury and that call Fury arrogant and selfish, ur so fcking clueless. I have been part of more then 1 alliance in my pa career, and Fury was clearly the best ally I`ve ever seen around.
very skilled HCs/BCs and addicted members who know how to play the game cose of nice skills. When I joined Wrath in r7 I NEVER got the feeling to be in an junior wing. I saw ppl like Hicks and other BCs which worked their asses off and which did awesome attacks/defences. very impressive. and they were never arrogant, they always got the time for a nice chat. if u never talked to ppl like Hicks, Focht or Sid in private u dunno what ur talking about when ur posting all the stuff at the boards here.
thank u very much Fury for letting me be part of the "family" I`m proud that I got the chance to see the Fury with my own eyes. u teached me alot and I know that u ppl never got owned u fought till the end, even if there were no real chances to win, u didnt give up

3rd: WebAngel my good old friend
u know that I love u. but if ur talking about Titans and honour and loyality and Fury getting "sooooo owned" I would like to remind u of r7. when u tried to force Damon (Legion) and me (Fury) to go into vacation cose all Titans members of our galaxy wanted to go into vac when Fury declared war on Titans. u even threated us that u´ll attack us ingalaxy if we attack Titans etc.
then u all gave up after 1 wave of incs and u all went into vac (like most of Titans) that´s NO honour and loyality and that´s more then ownage. so PLZ stop writing such stuff about Fury on the board, plz remember the past be4.
u´ll stay in my memories as a very skilled player and a very good friend who was theren whenever u needed him. plz dont destroy that impression by posting such bs at the boards
thank u

goodbye
Björn aka Darki
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:44   #170
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Exactly my definition, you lost with no hope of been the winners of r8, you have been defeated!
Concerning the HCs and their punny planets, there is another thread you can post in to justify yourself.
Since english isnt your first language I'll assume your inability to understand is through that rather than some poor proganda attempt.

I am using an AND statement rather than a OR statement to give you a clue. There was still hope in r8

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 01:57   #171
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
Since english isnt your first language I'll assume your inability to understand is through that rather than some poor proganda attempt.

I am using an AND statement rather than a OR statement to give you a clue. There was still hope in r8
oh please, give it up, zhil... tbh i know hardly anything about last rounds higher politics, etc., but even i know that fury didn't have a realistic chance of still winning last round. Maybe there was hope left, people on death row probably also hope to be pardoned, but do you honestly believe Fury could have still turned everything around and won the round after all?

P.S.: actually i didn't want to post any more than that one post above expressing my grief about scouse being proud about a combined victory of Titans/LDK/Plush/DTA/Section since to me the winner was too clear to leave room for discussion, but somehow i can't resist posting :-/

Unread 6 Dec 2002, 03:14   #172
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Why we 'won'....

Quote:
Originally posted by Salomo
enough said i guess :-/
Titans was 110.
LDK was 110.
DTA was 30.
Section was 50(?).
Non-Titans in Plush was 20(?).

Still only 330. Fighting Fury/FAnG/ToT/Adelante most of the round, and then a week against Fury/FAnG/Wp/Ely/bla/bla/bla.

You could include Virus and make us 500, but that wasn't all round, in fact, nor was DTA.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darki
r7. when u tried to force Damon (Legion) and me (Fury) to go into vacation cose all Titans members of our galaxy wanted to go into vac when Fury declared war on Titans. u even threated us that u´ll attack us ingalaxy if we attack Titans etc.
then u all gave up after 1 wave of incs and u all went into vac (like most of Titans) that´s NO honour and loyality and that´s more then ownage.
LaNi didn't go into vacation. Get your facts straight. As for your claim of 'most of titans', I think your galaxy was only 1 of 2 that went into vacation. Most people fought, and we only lost roids, whilst killing Fury fleets doing fleet catching.

Fury were much more beaten this round then we were last round, which is obvious if you ask me given the length of 'battle'.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 06:52   #173
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Why we 'won'....

Quote:

Fury were much more beaten this round then we were last round, which is obvious if you ask me given the length of 'battle'.

you're just bitter about yourself and Titans having a bit part in PA history compared to Fury , Legion and Xanadu ( added out of fairness ) takeing the centre stage of show through out the rounds.

How big is that chip , knowing that we were the ones that shaped the politics , the games flow and imapcted the community - taking multiple round wins whilst you watched from the shadows ... did you feel small , bitter , unfulfilled. Never mind, now that everyones pretty muched stopped careing about PA - you can try your hand at some new game and try not to have to play second fiddle ... best of luck with it.
I'll take aways with me the histroy and grandure of Fury through out PA's many rounds and victories ....... what will you take ... a bitter little gripe on the boards now its over

love and kisses - forever more important than you - cryptic X X X

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:01   #174
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why we 'won'....

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic
blah blah blah...

de ja vu :/
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:03   #175
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
oh please, give it up, zhil... tbh i know hardly anything about last rounds higher politics, etc., but even i know that fury didn't have a realistic chance of still winning last round. Maybe there was hope left, people on death row probably also hope to be pardoned, but do you honestly believe Fury could have still turned everything around and won the round after all?

P.S.: actually i didn't want to post any more than that one post above expressing my grief about scouse being proud about a combined victory of Titans/LDK/Plush/DTA/Section since to me the winner was too clear to leave room for discussion, but somehow i can't resist posting :-/
You silly person. Only now do you finally understand.

Yes, I believe there was a chance to win still but it required an immense amount of effort and relaince on factors outside of Fury at the time.

If you think I am wrong we can look at round 6 where FLTTV was defeated, I guess we could have just admitted defeat and given up but they struggled on fighting and with a switch in politics - after a time of Xeta still winning, FLTTV was able to grow and thus help coordinate and with its replaced losses plant a blow against Xeta allowing it to fall.

Dont try speaking to me as if I am wrong - you know it will not work, I am giving my definition for a defeat here- it was asked from me or hinted to give at least.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:06   #176
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
To pull a Scouse

Hahahahahahaha

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:54   #177
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Titans/LDK won.

i was larger in size then the average titans tho
(not in score, started 5 weeks late or so)
you were a norty little roiding machine...
just like me

Now if we had only started at the beginning of the round........
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 09:32   #178
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
darki...most of titans didn't go into vac mode or something round 7 or quitted...that's just bs:/
last round i ended top 100....and fury didn't even attack me further...
vac mode sucks and shouldn't be used ever imo:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 11:46   #179
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
vac mode sucks and shouldn't be used ever imo:P
Vacation should be used for what it's for, going away. If you run away from a fight and go into vacation you're letting down your galaxy by making then easier to attack, and your alliance by not being able to defend them.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 11:55   #180
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
You silly person. Only now do you finally understand.

Yes, I believe there was a chance to win still but it required an immense amount of effort and relaince on factors outside of Fury at the time.

If you think I am wrong we can look at round 6 where FLTTV was defeated, I guess we could have just admitted defeat and given up but they struggled on fighting and with a switch in politics - after a time of Xeta still winning, FLTTV was able to grow and thus help coordinate and with its replaced losses plant a blow against Xeta allowing it to fall.
However, lookintg back at round 6 i don't really recall Fury winning there either, eventhough the external conditions changed to Furys favour.

Unread 6 Dec 2002, 12:07   #181
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Ska
you were a norty little roiding machine...
just like me

Now if we had only started at the beginning of the round........
if this round continues i am going for 3k roids
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 12:43   #182
Lord_Dain

Quote:
To pull a Scouse

Hahahahahahaha

To live in denial and bitterness
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 12:45   #183
Lord_Dain

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic

love and kisses - forever more important than you - cryptic X X X
Clearly someone needs to get a life, realise this is just a game, admit defeat, and delete some of his posts.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 14:53   #184
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why we 'won'....

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Dain
Clearly someone needs to get a life, realise this is just a game, admit defeat, and delete some of his posts.
hehe - go on then , delete your posts , I'm waiting

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 17:41   #185
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
There's only one word that suits you cryptic : "bless"

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 19:51   #186
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Why we 'won'....

Quote:
(38:8:9) 49856656 3099 VIRUS
46 "I will think of a name" "Sometime" (2:7:2) 49843232 4782 LDK Lrytas
Session Start: Fri Nov 01 18:43:21 2002
Session Ident: [BC]Lanber
[18:43] <Mangor> oi
[18:43] <Mangor> what hostiles?
[18:43] <[BC]Lanber> u got mil scans?
[18:43] <[BC]Lanber> just roundning up ppl first
[18:43] <Mangor> yeah
[18:44] <Mangor> well if it's nice stuff I can steal
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> [19:41] <Mellow> Incoming hostile fleet (300 units) from I will think of a name ( 2:7:2) ETA 7 ticks.
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> now that f****r attacked me yesterday
[18:44] <Mangor> luno
[18:44] <Mangor> that is lunotick's account
[18:44] <Mangor>
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> rofl
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> it is?
[18:45] <Mangor> yeah, but luno quit 2 weeks ago

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 20:05   #187
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Re: Why we 'won'....

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
Session Start: Fri Nov 01 18:43:21 2002
Session Ident: [BC]Lanber
[18:43] <Mangor> oi
[18:43] <Mangor> what hostiles?
[18:43] <[BC]Lanber> u got mil scans?
[18:43] <[BC]Lanber> just roundning up ppl first
[18:43] <Mangor> yeah
[18:44] <Mangor> well if it's nice stuff I can steal
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> [19:41] <Mellow> Incoming hostile fleet (300 units) from I will think of a name ( 2:7:2) ETA 7 ticks.
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> now that f****r attacked me yesterday
[18:44] <Mangor> luno
[18:44] <Mangor> that is lunotick's account
[18:44] <Mangor>
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> rofl
[18:44] <[BC]Lanber> it is?
[18:45] <Mangor> yeah, but luno quit 2 weeks ago
You trying to prove LDK account shared? I wouldn't bother tbh, more than enough proof has been provided of that this round, just it was ignored.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 22:38   #188
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
You trying to prove LDK account shared? I wouldn't bother tbh, more than enough proof has been provided of that this round, just it was ignored.
There's still the matter of how Titans and LDK got all those fortress galaxies with 3+ memebrs. I think we only managed one galaxy with 3 people in I guess we were unlucky.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:33   #189
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Did you start playing r7?
hmm no if I read your signature it says r4. How can one be so candid and an experienced "Fury Offical"? After a "would have", here comes a "should have", you can fancy a new PA universe if you want to. Anyway that wont change anything, 28.11 was a pure top1 titans' galaxy.
oh please are you trying to make me pa board active ?

dont play with english words with me, english is my tertiary
language so very sorry if i type something which seems funny
to you but see the point and dont hang on some pathetic
word combinations, danke

And by the way i started before r4 anyway the signature
is the history of my splendid fury flagship galaxy which has
never been beaten in a round when it has been put effort
into (r4-6) (never been beaten = never ended without
admiderable planetarion ranking slot) and that contains
2 rounds when fury as alliance has recived little more damage
as usually.

yeah you can call that titans galaxy, well where was it anyway?
top 10? top 20? nopie nope, you talk of so high of a galaxy which
didnt even reach the admiderable ranking so you *should* drop
that as your board weapon Webbie - okey

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:39   #190
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jykke

dont play with english words with me, english is my tertiary
language so very sorry if i type something which seems funny
to you but see the point and dont hang on some pathetic
word combinations, danke
Its not like English is WAs first language either....
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:46   #191
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Ska
Its not like English is WAs first language either....
your point dear?

....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:49   #192
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Quote:
Originally posted by Jykke
your point dear?
That WA > you?
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 23:58   #193
Jykke
Estharian

heh oh please i hope you board lurkers entertain me after
few days again, your almost getting funny there,

now let your dear mate time to reply himself so that i dont
need to waste my fingers for one such as j00

....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 00:05   #194
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
However, lookintg back at round 6 i don't really recall Fury winning there either, eventhough the external conditions changed to Furys favour.
You miss my point, a few more weeks (or days) and things could have changed, but you already know this so I fail to see your little game here.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 00:45   #195
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
This thread, has to be, the single worst PA pissing contest I've yet seen.

It makes my old wolfpack flame threads seem like the height of debate.
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 02:47   #196
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
I've not seen any proof of LDK account sharing this round and they've had it aimed at them for many rounds now. Every alliance has account sharers, including Titans and LDK, but you can hardly say the whole alliance account shares because of that.

I saw evidence to suggest that there was a possiblility that Fury members account shared, but you don't see me shouting about it on the forums.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
There's still the matter of how Titans and LDK got all those fortress galaxies with 3+ memebrs. I think we only managed one galaxy with 3 people in I guess we were unlucky.
We had 1 galaxy with 3 or more members. LDK had 1 galaxy with 3 members in, one of which was recruited during the round. So Titans/LDK had a whole 2 'fortress galaxies with 3+ members'. I'd bet that Fury had more, given your member size.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 03:46   #197
Salomo
Commodore

Quote:
You miss my point, a few more weeks (or days) and things could have changed, but you already know this so I fail to see your little game here.
You fail to see my little game as there is none. And I in turn must also assume, you missed my point if you think i missed yours.

Yes, over days, weeks (, months) things can change. We agree on that much.

Now, while i actually think the winner is determined at the end of the round, and the end of the round is the day you can't play the round anymore (except for havoc time), and would therefore not even consider possiblle changes that might have occured later in my determination of who won, but as it is hard to discuss when everyone starts starts from so fundamentaly different viewpoints, i will adopt your view here, that future happenings should be taken into account.

As i said above, you are correct that things could have changed. but the question that needs to be answered is "Could the change have been enough to change the winner?" That Question as it is would lead us into a hypothetical discussion without anyone ending up being right, as almost anything - even the most unlikely thing - is possible (theoretically at this very moment a part of me could be on mars while another part of me is on venus, both with a very very low probability though), hence it needs to be enhanced to "Is it likely that enough change would have occured to make LDK/Titans loose?"

The way the war had gone so far i consider it highly unlikely that fury/fang could have toppled LDK/Titans off their throne on their own (something that was rather visible allready a while before the end imo), and from your previous post assume you see it this way too.

So which outside force could have helped topple LDK/Titans? In round 6, to which you refered in your post, there was FoS that gave FLTTV the chance to regain a bit at the end and topple xeta as winners. Who last round could have been strong enough for this?
According to my limited info you had smthg like Titans/LDK/Plush/DTA/Section/Virus vs. Fury/FAnG/Wp/Ely/ToT (cba to do more than copy from scouses post) and maybe some more smaller alliances. RaH was not involved and it might have been possible to get them involved, but tbh i very strongly doubt RaH could have turned around the war in favour against LDK/Titans, and other alliances that might have been strong enough to make the change needed escape my mind. Splitting the LDK/Titans block and having them fight each other sounds rather unrealisitc to me as well. Hence i consider it extremely unlikely that enough change would have occured to topple LDK/Titans from their winning place.

If you know of other possible changes that would have probably toppled LDK/Titans please let me know and correct me.

Unread 7 Dec 2002, 05:01   #198
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

If you know of other possible changes that would have probably toppled LDK/Titans please let me know and correct me.
You of all people should know 4-5 days of a new war shows little.

So the political change had not really gotten into full swing.

Thats all Im willing to share in the public limelight, and is my last contribution to bother arguing with you Salomo since we have never seen eye to eye anyway.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 07:21   #199
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Titans/LDK won round 8

If the round had ended later, they might not have won.

If they had known in advance when the round might end, WP/Ely/NoS/etc. might have begun attacking Titans/LDK earlier, thus changing the course of the round.

It's easy to understand why people are annoyed at the round ending early - if you create a political strategy to deal with a 3-month round, and it ends after 2 months, you have a right to be annoyed. None of this changes the final result though. Titans/LDK won, but the other alliances are somewhat justified in being annoyed that the round ended before all of their strategic options had been used up.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 19:35   #200
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Well here goes my Two cents, For over a week I have been reading the crap post back and forth between Titans, so call Titan friends VRS Fury Regarding on who really won the round.

So lets Say for a moment Titans did win ? what do you have to gain about bragging about a hollow victory ? ‘I’m sure you cant be all that proud running around saying "we won" off a round that was not properly finished. What glory is in that ? Really ? Just because you may have a lil more score or a few more roids at this point in the game don’t make you real winners. Only make you winners by default. It don’t prove you could have held the position through the whole round. As in round 6 we saw a lot of interesting things happen towards the end of the round. Realisticaly anything could have happen. To be more honest I have never seen anyone give prizes out for Default winners of anything…

Someone Said in a earlier post if "a bomb was dropped on a island in a war would there still be a winner" well tobh this was the island really game got caught short no Real winners declared just a alliance who happen to be infront at the time it landed… Who got the worst damage? the one who was waiting for the victory ? or the one who was playing just to have a good time ?
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote