User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:08   #1
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
One moment please

OK the time machine is fired up and you have the power to change one thing in your alliances history..... either a past or present alliance. Try to do 2 things and the machine breaks.

What one thing would you alter.

The one thing I would alter if I could change alliance history would be to go back to round 5 and stop the breakup of Elysium and Legion. Elysium was imo Legions most loyal ally ever and we allowed them to go. They have since proven what loyal and great allies they can be and that one backstab is the single worst decision I would alter.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:13   #2
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
xanadu & nos in friendly relations

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:14   #3
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldnt have decided not to play actively this round
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:14   #4
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Aye i was up for keeping elysium back then but preasure to drop them was constant as we also wanted them to drop peeps that we could hit heh.

Umm r2 stats wish they left them the fk alone. Wish the races were introduced sooner say r3 during the time when massive people still played.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:14   #5
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Fun thread.

In my case, it's tough for me to pick just one thing TE needed to not mess up. It's even harder since I tend to think of a thread like this in terms of things _I_ could have had some effect on, but that is not necessarily what you are asking.

If I could have changed one thing in TE's history, it would have been our failure to respect the NAP DarthMorbus arranged with Legion in r2. TE making enemies with Legion resigned us to the status of whipping boy, and it was probably TE's last chance to be a good alliance.

[edit]As for N€mesis . . . I'm not sure what could have been done to make things more pleasing to me. We were far from perfect, but I was quite pleased with the results, overall. I guess, hindsight being 20/20, I would have changed the high-turnover rate we had for members in r6 . . . but there was no single thing that could have been altered to bring that about. [/edit]
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:18   #6
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to see the decision of the dropping of Elysium reversed too. My guess is that r 6 and r7 would have looked completely different.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:19   #7
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
Aye good post Ob, TE was a cool alliance as was SK, wish TE stuck around longer also but think TE pride kicked in at the end which didnt help.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:21   #8
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
Aye good post Ob, TE was a cool alliance as was SK, wish TE stuck around longer also but think TE pride kicked in at the end which didnt help.
Thanks Pride was always one of TE's problems, I agree. Unfortunately, I can't say I solved that problem when I became HC. Indeed, I think I probably made it much worse. I sure would have liked to see it last past r4, but alas, it just couldn't have happened really.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:24   #9
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Titans to have worked with Deus round 6 \o/

anything before that and I was too out of any loop to realise what i'd be changing heh (but I would agree on the Ely thing, that said, had we stuck, I doubt Titans would be around, it was quite a deciding factor, so I'd be catious with that one..)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:24   #10
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
xanadu & nos in friendly relations
was high on my list as well, but I'd go for the "destroy Legion at the end of round 4" option. Would have changed things a bit more than teaming up with NoS

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:34   #11
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
i think id agreee with fred here even thoght i was calling for a good ****ing of ely as well some of there hc anoyed me at the time i think telling fury to **** off rather than ely whould have been a better move for legion as we all seen how quick fury can turn on its allies so id say the breaking of allince with ely rnd 5
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:36   #12

dropping ely

the fury/wp vs. legion would be replaced by legion fury all out war

xanadu allying with fury round 5.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:43   #13
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
o and rnd 7 not cutting all ties to fury and all out ****ing them like we legion should have as they tunred around and tryed to do to us
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:53   #14
Velta
Amazing

Velta is an unknown quantity at this point
R4: Messed with 253:1 in cluster
R5: Join Wrath (Wrath does/did indeed rock, but i am no member of Wrath)
R6: Shadow1980, says it all to be honest - Joined 33:9 illegally - Let Xylem slip and die...
R7: No regrets.
R8: No regrets.

[I went off topic:/]
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:56   #15
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Not that I had the 'power' back then to change the decision, but I'd have preferred if WP never rejoined Legion.

But then again there may not be a Titans then, and Titans is the best alliance I've ever been part, so I doubt I would change that given the chance.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 21:57   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Not that I had the 'power' back then to change the decision, but I'd have preferred if WP never rejoined Legion.
Amen.

(I told you Horus, but you wouldnt listen to me!)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:08   #17
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Reverse r4 stats

hAl
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:13   #18

and i wish i could have told spinner sooner that his stats suck and that he should leave it to me*

*this is slightly exagerated how it went in round6 beta but it was me who is responsible for the difference in races. i rock (you'd have to thank petru and rha also tho for 'creating' them but selling them was the hard part)
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:19   #19
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One moment please

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
OK the time machine is fired up and you have the power to change one thing in your alliances history..... either a past or present alliance. Try to do 2 things and the machine breaks.

What one thing would you alter.

The one thing I would alter if I could change alliance history would be to go back to round 5 and stop the breakup of Elysium and Legion. Elysium was imo Legions most loyal ally ever and we allowed them to go. They have since proven what loyal and great allies they can be and that one backstab is the single worst decision I would alter.
As someone in Ely at that time we all said it was a mistake for Legion to abandon Ely at that time (not just out of self interest).

Infact some great debates on AD at that time on the whole subject.

I dont blame Legion tho. Syn_Sid and co were behind the scenes pulling strings - those evhul Furbies

What we all wanted to see then was Legion With Ely in a pitched battle with Fury and Virus/WP - would have been a good fight...

But instead Ely got left outside to be raped by Fury which was a pity as they are one of the most loyal allies going.

Its no wonder Fury see old scores being settled this round...

My other regret is that R7 FLVT didnt split earlier before NEWX was already ruined...woulda made things a whole lot more interesting.

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:39   #20
Dragoon

Not that I regret stopping any serious play when I did, but knowing what we all do now, I suppose the thing I'd change would be not resigning from Legion command in r4 for the sake of seeing how the r5 WP merger would have gone, if at all. I have a feeling the game would be quite different.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:40   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
o and rnd 7 not cutting all ties to fury and all out ****ing them like we legion should have as they tunred around and tryed to do to us
Legion had no hope of standing alone against Fury after Round 5, certainly not in Round 7 when quite frankly you were in such a poor state we'd have wiped the floor with you 5 times over.

Hmm I can't say I really regret much Fury have done since I've been there (Late R3 onwards) weather that means I’ve been brainwashed or not remains to be seen. I think Round 5 could have been a whole lot more interesting if we'd gone to war with Legion but I seem to remember at the time I was more for smashing ViruS and preserving ties with Legion as I could see Xanadu would be back strongly for Round 6. Also if I could play Round 6 over again I probably have focused FLVTT's military on tearing FoS apart (Who were the weak link) rather than concentrating on Xanadu. Also I'd still have liked to work with Xanadu as an alliance in Round 7.

Last edited by Hicks; 4 Nov 2002 at 22:48.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:41   #22
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
YHQ: I would have not provoked Aesop last september into resigning

ND: I would have agreed to an alliance with WP NoS last round instead of trying to make Auld/Core
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:53   #23
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road
i would try to keep r4 nos together as the elite alliance it was from the beginning of the round till mid round without all things which happened and the resulting split.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:58   #24
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
I was disappointed in what happened to Silver, if i had the chance i suppose i would lyke to see Silver suceed and stop their mass recruiting drive
the dismisaal of Yoda by Yuba? i fink i dun remmeber was also a high regret for me
but then i wa sa peon bak then

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:59   #25
Carpeia
a norteh -[LoCo]-

Carpeia has a spectacular aura aboutCarpeia has a spectacular aura about
one of my regrets,

that ive not played with my original names all rounds.

4 rounds is more than others tho.

Carpeia of Carpiago.

r2
r3
r6
r8
------------------------------------------------
Carpeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:02   #26
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Carpeia
one of my regrets,

that ive not played with my original names all rounds.

4 rounds is more than others tho.

Carpeia of Carpiago.

r2
r3
r6
r8
I did in
r1
r2
r3
r4
Skacorica of (insert various things)
so we are tied
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:06   #27
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Lets keep the thread away from who could wipe the floor with whom. Every alliance has made mistakes but with the round ending PA perhaps its time we used a thread like this to reflect on what we could have done to make things better...... or worse.

Soon its all over with PA alliances so have some fun and enjoy the thread and let us know what you would have done to make PA a better place for your alliance.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:22   #28
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
i would ...

never have pressed "sign up" on that fatal day back in round 3

other then that ...

id have stopped with GLX untill they died completly, and also when i eventually joined xylem, id have done more to stop the whole nos thingy.

Last edited by DarkAngel; 4 Nov 2002 at 23:30.
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:32   #29
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
i think id agreee with fred here even thoght i was calling for a good ****ing of ely as well some of there hc anoyed me at the time i think telling fury to **** off rather than ely whould have been a better move for legion as we all seen how quick fury can turn on its allies so id say the breaking of allince with ely rnd 5
I'd like not to have been sucked in by Freds crap throughout the early parts of r7 - " Yes cryptic , honestly I want to finish with fury and legion as the 2 top alliances like we started etc etc etc"

I should have ordered full scale slaughter and cut the deals myself instead of trying to be loyal to 'an old friend' and sacrificing a singular victory for Fury early on.

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:42   #30
Beast-of-War
clueless HR pe0n

Beast-of-War is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic

I'd like not to have been sucked in by Freds crap throughout the early parts of r7 - " Yes cryptic , honestly I want to finish with fury and legion as the 2 top alliances like we started etc etc etc"

I should have ordered full scale slaughter and cut the deals myself instead of trying to be loyal to 'an old friend' and sacrificing a singular victory for Fury early on.
Id like to have seen that as well .

Deus not disbanding end of r6 would definately have changed something as well.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:49   #31
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: One moment please

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin

As someone in Ely at that time we all said it was a mistake for Legion to abandon Ely at that time (not just out of self interest).

Infact some great debates on AD at that time on the whole subject.

I dont blame Legion tho. Syn_Sid and co were behind the scenes pulling strings - those evhul Furbies

What we all wanted to see then was Legion With Ely in a pitched battle with Fury and Virus/WP - would have been a good fight...

But instead Ely got left outside to be raped by Fury which was a pity as they are one of the most loyal allies going.

Its no wonder Fury see old scores being settled this round...
Session Start: Fri Nov 23 23:06:49 2001
[23:06] *** Now talking in #meeting
[edit: log of Legion HC telling Koloth that they are breaking ties with Ely]

to read the whole log, if interested
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished

Last edited by PiaZava; 5 Nov 2002 at 19:56.
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:51   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Notice
[23:22] <Koloth> you handled it wrong but we just disagree on how we do things
[23:22] <Koloth> Things have changed ever since BiggDogg came back
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:06   #33
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Theamion!
dropping ely

the fury/wp vs. legion would be replaced by legion fury all out war

xanadu allying with fury round 5.
Actually... there was an oportunity to restore VeX round 5.. Legion HC had a secret deal with Xanadu about that before BiggDogg came back. Also Elysium presented that opportunity later in the round through a merge with Cell and bringing in Xanadu with us.(note... Xanadu/Cell was still strong back then. Cell hadn't broken up and Xanadu where still figthing.) A full restoration on VeX + some reinforcement. This would ofcourse leave NoS in the dust.. something I liked :P
So would be VeX vs WTF + virus + LeX probably.. NoS wasn't much at that time. Anyway.. Legion seemed much less eager to go through with this plan. So it was dropped. No point giving Legion/Fury an excuse to drop Elysium.

Maybe go back to round 6 and change something among the relations with Wolfpack/Cell/NoS. Make sure we'd win the round and heh... I'd win aswell as player and GC. =)
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]

Last edited by Storebo; 5 Nov 2002 at 00:19.
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:15   #34
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: One moment please

Quote:
Originally posted by Norseman

U should upload the second log aswell =)
pm me if u need it.. heh...
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:24   #35
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[23:12] <Koloth> I agree something needed to be done
[23:13] <Koloth> but Legion took the easy route
[23:13] <Koloth> we could have had a war of VE vs WTF
[23:13] <Gren|nopm> that would kill us next rd aswell as perhaps this rd
[23:13] <Koloth> saddens me, considering the support we gave you in rnd 4 when xan remained neutral
[23:14] <Gren|nopm> Legion is the most hated alliance out there
[23:14] <Koloth> and you will become more hated now guys
[23:15] <Koloth> because it may sound the smart move now guys
[23:15] <Koloth> but your digging your holes deeper and deeper
This was certainly my sentiment at the time, too.

Corrections I'd have made to 'my' alliances (I've never been in a position to affect the big picture though, mind).

k9: somehow kept the r1 players around. If k9 had survived in it's r2 state then I'd still be a member now. It was quite clearly my first love in the context of Planetarion, and the one thing that kept me playing for so long, despite it's absence - the way it formed my opinions on right and wrong in PA stuck - and the importance of community has remained with me ever since.

Elysium: it's already been said; if only we could have convinced Legion that they were making the mistake that they clearly made.

Titans: I wasn't in Titans in r6, but I believe that the alliance with Deus would have been better for Titans. I criticised the move to ally Legion from my position 'outside the box', though I know it was a practical solution, I wouldn't change my opinion after having been a member though. It was a mistake.

Titans (2): we shouldn't have been so 'mouthy' in r7, and should have made a much better effort at diplomacy. This is not an accusation - I enjoyed my time in Titans and enjoyed the 'war'. Things could have been very different if a more reasoned approach was taken to diplomatic relations. More conservatism in discussion would have gone a long way imho. We lost the control that we might have had.

Standing up for what's right pleases me - taking the easy way out (both the Legion/Elysium break up and the Titans/Deus non-starter) dismays me. Especially in retrospect.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:33   #36
unbanskaut

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
i would ...

never have pressed "sign up" on that fatal day back in round 3

other then that ...
same. here.

tho i cant say that i havent met some GREAT ppl during my pa times. but still. if i could change it, i'd never have started playing this ****ty ****ing game.

gladly i'm not that addicted to it nemore.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:47   #37
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
merging with OoO in round4.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:51   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
merging with OoO in round4.
wiping out OoO at the earliest opportunity.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:52   #39
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
I'm glad I can read. Hi Fredo.

The one thing I would have changed in each of the alliances I have been a member of is as follows:

Legion - HCs not coming to an agreement in Round 3 on internal restructure issues.

WolfPack/WPO - The merger with OutofOrder alliance thereby becoming WPO.

IRG & TLA - Having not recruited Meth.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:14   #40
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: One moment please

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo

U should upload the second log aswell =)
pm me if u need it.. heh...
http://home.himolde.no/~bjornin/Ely-Vts2.txt

fascinating how the crappy elysium and its hc read the situation as nicely as they did, while legion.. no comment

thx for the log storebo
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:30   #41
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: One moment please

Quote:

http://home.himolde.no/~bjornin/Ely-Vts2.txt

fascinating how the crappy elysium and its hc read the situation as nicely as they did, while legion.. no comment

thx for the log storebo
my best guess is that Sid & Fury knew about the massive incoming Legion would get, and hoped it would be enough for Legion to take some serious hits, so Fury could be #1.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:39   #42
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken

wiping out OoO at the earliest opportunity.
[23:25] (@Patrician|Away): I would have declared war on OoO the moment we realised the scale of their poaching antics

Intellectual property thief = you.

I've forgotten most of the events of rounds 1 -> 5, so I'd probably run with The Cabal actually working (the alliance between Deus/Titans/hirr/ND), as it would have created a real third way for round 6 - rather than the usual (abeit cunningly spun) 1v1 blockwar.

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:51   #43
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Funny how it could have been if Legion had really held true to their word and not attacked Elysium alongside Fury and the all others.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 02:21   #44
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The totally loyal and zealous side of myself would say for Sid and Biggdogg to not have gone missing r4. This could have resulted in a totally different round, but ingame terms Im not sure if that would have been good (If Xanadu hadnt been able to rise any power, if Legion had been defeated it could have totally collapsed etc).

Also, without round 4 as is, I would not have got to become command and would not have got to work with people such as Rampage, Lokken, BD and Biggie. Additionally it would have been doubtful that Project Wrath would have ever been undertaken.

So all in all - Im not really sure if I would change anything. e.g for me to say 'To turn Wrath on Legion in r5' would have cost me friendships with Legion ppl etc.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 02:23   #45
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Re: Re: One moment please

Quote:
Originally posted by Saitam
Funny how it could have been if Legion had really held true to their word and not attacked Elysium alongside Fury and the all others.
I'm not trying to take sides one way or another, it's just always been my belief that political situations, particularly the unsavory and hostile sort, wreck havoc on the stability of mixed-galaxies. That's just one reason why privatized galaxies sucked ass and it was painful to see members on both sides essentially being forced to choose between their alliance ties and their galaxies.*

People had to choose. I know several who made their choice, and while it was upsetting to see the likes of some Legion members quit in protest of their galaxies (containing Elysium members) being attacked. Fundamentally though, their decision is to be respected as it probably saved them and others a lot more grief to be experienced by later rounds.

*This was the period where alliance-hopping wasn't totally an acceptable practice in the minds of most PA players, and when 'galaxy vs. alliance' wasn't yet an "obvious decision-making process" compared to Rounds 6 and 7.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 02:42   #46
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Being active in R6.

For some odd reason, I've convinced myself that if I hadn't been so inactive (due to the ex), Deus would have survived the round in much better shape and would have lived on past the end of the round. No offense to any of the rest of Deus HC intended. :\

That is my singular largest regret in PA.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 02:52   #47
Doongar

Though I've never really been in much of a position of leadership in my alliances, I must have learned something in like 6 or 7 rounds.

For TE, I wish I'd tracked down Eldarion and kicked his ass. TE was on the way out then, but that certainly didn't help us.

For Nemesis, I wish I'd saved the combat report from Yeh's planet
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:11   #48
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
For TE, it would be the prevention of that awful not-really-even-a-merger-thank-you-eldarion with Virus.

For NewDawn, it would be to start defending against Furgion twats like Yeh from the start of r5 as opposed to halfway in.

For Nemesis ... saying "no" to Asylum, need I say more?

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:16   #49
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
I like the thread Fred :-) Kinda refreshing to have something decent.

I am not ignorant enough to think I could have had any major effect on fury, as it is just not how it works, though if I were to change anything, it would be for me to have joined fury earlier.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:34   #50
Meth
Me

Meth is an unknown quantity at this point
Barghest

Zhil, Lokken and maybe a few others will know what i'm talking about.

Hobbie:
Meth is offline   Reply With Quote