User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Dec 2007, 01:44   #1
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
*Free* text to speech readers....

hi,

Can anybody recommend a *free* text to speech reader please?

One that you can preferably copy/paste text into and it can then read it etc.

I have looked at a couple but none really fit the bill.

Basically lets say you have a text document or a web page and you wanna have it read to you (with a nice voice is a bonus :-).

Any ideas/personal recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 01:48   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: *Free* text to speech readers....

windows xp has one built in.
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 02:00   #3
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Aye was just wondering if anybody knew of any better one ....

It's not bad though

*Edit - Maybe a nicer voice!? ;-)

Last edited by r2baz; 13 Dec 2007 at 02:16.
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 10:37   #4
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Why stop at a nicer voice? If i used such a thing i'd want my (free) text to speech reader to go get me beer on demand, cook me dinner, tidy my house and specifically at the moment do my Christmas shopping.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2007, 13:41   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The best one around is JAWS. Word on the street is that this internet thingy has a way of obtaining paid software for free, although that's not something I'd know anything about.