User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 22:11   #1
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road
Remembrance

We (F-Crew) will be holding a minutes silence in our public and private channels on Sunday 11th November 2007 at 11am (game time) to remember those that have fallen in conflict over years.

We would like to invite all other alliances to join us in remembering the fallen, military and civilian, which have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their respective countries, by putting aside the games politics and standing together for one minute to remember those that in real life, have given more than we could ever imagine.

Thank you.
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 22:38   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Remembrance

My god.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 23:11   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Why?
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 23:15   #4
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

for the love of god
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 23:16   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

You called?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 23:55   #6
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

k, just set +m then
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 00:06   #7
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Im still pondering...

... is this actually a joke or not?
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 00:55   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

While I haven't spoken to Juice about it I think its serious as he isnt the kind of guy to make a joke out of something like this.

F-Crew's membership past and present has consists of some serving and some former members of the armed forces who may have lost people they know in combat.

Also even those not directly in the armed forces probably know friends or family who are/have been in the armed forces and may know someone who has died in service.

So its just a case of Juice wanting to show some respect while inviting others to do so and considering that the F in F-Crew stands for Farnborough as its where myself and the other founders were living which has a strong aeronautical background and is a literally a stone throw from Aldershot which in its own words is "the home of the British army" I cant help think its the right thing for us to be doing
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 00:59   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't help but think that this belongs on PD not AD
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 01:04   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It should be on RP.

for the love of God.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 01:33   #11
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be here thinking about the 1 million dead iraqies.

"In these several hundred wars against communism, terrorism, drugs or sometimes nothing much, between Pearl Harbour and Tuesday 11 September 2001, we always struck the first blow."

Gore Vidal
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 09:40   #12
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point

As much as i respect the people that have fought and died in the wars and will remember them in my own way surely this is just singleing one even out.

or do you always post threads like this for such occasions like the thousands that died in 9/11 or 7/7, Hilsbrough/Hysel diasters titanic sinking + many more ???
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:20   #13
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tbh most of you posting on this thread are a complete and utter disgrace to humanity.

I know some of you may be in countries that don't observe it and others of you may have concerns over current wars being fought or wars fought in the past but to show such little respect for the men and women who have been brave enough to step up to the plate and fight for their country is just disgraceful.

It shouldn't matter if you don't observe it in your country as a tradition, every country has been involved in a war at some point and people have been lost and as while remembrance day may be on the day WW1 ended its a day to remember all losses in all wars both military and civilian so its something anyone can observe. And even if you dont want to theres little reason why you cant show some respect to those who want to remember those who have fallen in war

Strangely though I'm not surprised by the response, it just highlights the problem with society today. On the whole whole it seems the younger generations today are just a bunch of disrespectful and clueless idiots who seem to think the are the centre of the universe. They forget that the freedoms they take for granted are only there because people before them have laid down their lives to gain and protect them
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:22   #14
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

this thread is making me seriously rethink if I should even bother finishing off this round....
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:23   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

While I honestly think that the threadstarter means good, this thread is a fine example of why we should not let real life events become a AD issue.

Please move the thread to somewhere less offensive.

Oh, and Wakey, just because someone has a different view on something that is HIGHLY sensitive and personal, does NOT make them a disgrace to humanity.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:41   #16
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
While I honestly think that the threadstarter means good, this thread is a fine example of why we should not let real life events become a AD issue.

Please move the thread to somewhere less offensive.
We play a war game and as such I cant help think it is something that's alliance related. We pretend to be fighting massive wars and as alliance leaders that we are sending hundreds of thousands of troops into battle and just taking a minute out of the day for all alliances to come together, be silent and remember the people who have fallen from all our nations in RL is a respectful thing to do.

Its not like your being asked to declare support for the administrations of countries decisions to fight certain wars or even if we are asking people to remember those who have just fallen in the World wars so I dont see how its offensive

Quote:
Oh, and Wakey, just because someone has a different view on something that is HIGHLY sensitive and personal, does NOT make them a disgrace to humanity.
If it was just the fact they had a different view on something then fine but thats not what the issue is. They are a disgrace to humanity for the way they are basically mocking it shows a lack of respect to every person who's ever been a casualty of war in the history of the world no matter of their nationality, Race, Religion or gender

If you really dont agree with remembering those who gave their life for us then thats your prerogrative but you dont have to mock their sacrifice
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:42   #17
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Four of my family members died in WW1, Two died in WW2, One nearly did in Iraq, yet I still thought "lol" when I read it.

Real life shouldn't filter this much into a game. Grieve in your own time / space, but don't force it upon people into a communications medium such as irc.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:50   #18
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Four of my family members died in WW1, Two died in WW2, One nearly did in Iraq, yet I still thought "lol" when I read it.

Real life shouldn't filter this much into a game. Grieve in your own time / space, but don't force it upon people into a communications medium such as irc.
Its not being forced onto anyone though, people are being invited to join us in doing so. Its not like we are asking feds to force the whole network to go silent. We are inviting others to join us in our remembrance or carry out their own. If anyone objects they simply have to not join #f-crew between 11:00 and 11:01
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:55   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey

If it was just the fact they had a different view on something then fine but thats not what the issue is. They are a disgrace to humanity for the way they are basically mocking it shows a lack of respect to every person who's ever been a casualty of war in the history of the world no matter of their nationality, Race, Religion or gender

If you really dont agree with remembering those who gave their life for us then thats your prerogrative but you dont have to mock their sacrifice
There are various ways to react upon grief, and how to feel when being struck by it. One of the reactions are humor, the brain is desperate to seek an output of emotional stress and for some, humor is this outlet. I've seen people in severely distraught situations laughing their heads off instead of crying, also several funeral rituals all over the world is an even where laughter and humor has replaced grief and sorrow.

However, F-Crew is entitled to having their own sermons, and in that 1 minute Sunday, we (TGV) will have a cease fire in the horrendous war against the bacon oppressors of F-Crew.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 10:56   #20
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

That's another point - why are you only doing a one minute observance when it's actually two minutes for Remembrance Day?

If your going to do it, at least do it properly.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 11:12   #21
davidb
[Iron-Pirates & Babes]

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point

Damage done with this thread time to move/close now surely
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 12:14   #22
CrazyDude

CrazyDude is an unknown quantity at this point

im shocked and disgusted about some of the comments ive read here,i signed up actually just to make this post i for one will be joining f-crew public channel on the 11th at 11am to remember all the people that have lost there lives making the GREAT in great britain, and fair enough not everyones from britain but its not about that, its about everyone and every nationality that has had members of there armed forces killed or injured in combat, and for that reason im shocked that you cant spare 1 min of your lives to remember them 1 lousey min isnt gonna make any difference to what happens in Pa, and if you cant be bothered fair enough but please dont flame F-crew for the way they feel and the fact they want to take 1 min on there lives to remember everyone who has fallen in combat,if you dont agree with what they are doing its your choice you dont have to go in that channel and if you do want to pay your respects then great at least you no where to go.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 12:38   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDude
im shocked and disgusted about some of the comments ive read here,i signed up actually just to make this post i for one will be joining f-crew public channel on the 11th at 11am to remember all the people that have lost there lives making the GREAT in great britain, and fair enough not everyones from britain but its not about that, its about everyone and every nationality that has had members of there armed forces killed or injured in combat, and for that reason im shocked that you cant spare 1 min of your lives to remember them 1 lousey min isnt gonna make any difference to what happens in Pa, and if you cant be bothered fair enough but please dont flame F-crew for the way they feel and the fact they want to take 1 min on there lives to remember everyone who has fallen in combat,if you dont agree with what they are doing its your choice you dont have to go in that channel and if you do want to pay your respects then great at least you no where to go.
You good sir are a moron of the worst kind.

Who says that people dont remember the fallen?

Some might choose to do it other places than an IRC client at a specific time given by someone on an internetforum.

Besides, some people here dont come from the UK, and what would the germans think if this was an all UK service.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 12:39   #24
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pinged over to PD. Just be glad I didn't send it to GD.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 12:41   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to horn again.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 12:52   #26
furball

Nope, it's on PD.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 13:47   #27
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
u all deserve 2 die tbh imho...
I agree. Nobody deserves to live forever...

Quote:
Strangely though I'm not surprised by the response, it just highlights the problem with society today. On the whole whole it seems the younger generations today are just a bunch of disrespectful and clueless idiots who seem to think the are the centre of the universe. They forget that the freedoms they take for granted are only there because people before them have laid down their lives to gain and protect them
Every nation and culture has its own appropriate places and moments to respect the fallen. And those are the moments everybody will pay their respect. Outside of those moments people will be minding other things and will actually be living the live that was granted them through the actions of others before them.

This game hardly is the place for these kind of things. Especially because so many different nations and cultures are mixed. Even if a war-game would be the ideal place to state your feelings for real wars and real fallen.

For me 'Rememberance' is on the 4th of May and thats when I'm paying my respect. Most of you haven't taken a minute silence at 20:00 on that day in the past and won't do so in the future. And that doesn't change my feelings about you guys. Just as I hope your feelings aren't changed because some of us choose not to take the minute silence at the 11th of November.

In fact without a proper explanation for this minute silence I also assumed it was some random weird thing. And I don't really have respect for random 'remembrance' events (why is a whole new can of discussions I'm not gonna open right now). I didn't know it was in accordance with British Remembrance... the OP wasn't clear... and it took quite some scrolling down to figure that out.

I got a feeling that is also the reason for some of the less respectful replies here.

If I remeber correctly:
r1 LBF =LOST's Buccaneers Flotilla
r2&3 LBF (Information Officer)
r15 HA =Hidden Agenda
r16&17 HA (BC)
r18-23 HA (HC)
Currently on Hiatus
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 15:05   #28
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

this juice fellow seems to have the makings to replace qebab as 'mr nice guy' now that qebab has turned bitter, senile and just plain rude. someone recruit him to ascendancy
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 15:26   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

i am not sure if i can be there on time as i have a 9/11 remembrance meeting in wow as well

/cry
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 15:44   #30
CrazyDude

Quote:

Some might choose to do it other places than an IRC client at a specific time given by someone on an internetforum.

Besides, some people here dont come from the UK, and what would the germans think if this was an all UK service.

you good sir should learn to read (was looking for a smiley with the old left hand shaking but there wasnt one )
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 15:47   #31
MikeB
i love ROCK

MikeB will become famous soon enoughMikeB will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Kargool, he is merely standing up for the people who suggested this and just got flamed, if people dont want to join in with this rememberence thing, just ignore the thread.. it was just an invitation that if you want to pay your respects (in this particular way), to join in. Of course you could argue that irc, or PD are not the place for things like this. but that is by the by, the fact remains that f-crew are doing it, people will be there. Personally i think that while a little unorthodox its still a pretty noble gesture.

btw.. flaming sucks.

(ok, it wasnt REALLY flaming, but still..)

Last edited by MikeB; 7 Nov 2007 at 15:55.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 22:27   #32
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
tbh most of you posting on this thread are a complete and utter disgrace to humanity.

I know some of you may be in countries that don't observe it and others of you may have concerns over current wars being fought or wars fought in the past but to show such little respect for the men and women who have been brave enough to step up to the plate and fight for their country is just disgraceful.
Quote:
Who gave their life for me? And in what way was it for me?
I do remembrance for all the antifascists who died fighting fascism, but I do it by combating fascism on my own. That some soldier died protecting a false border, the notion of capitalism, the interests of the ruling class or whatever has shit to do with sacrificing anything for me.

Why am I a disgrace to humanity just because I won't honor them?

Quote:
Hahahaha. The freedoms we "take for granted" are in what way fought for by the armed forces? I'l give you that after a while some of Europe's countries stepped up to the plate and started fighting in WW2. The freedoms I take "for granted" as you put were fought in by civil rights activists, union workers, women liberators, hippies, students, antifascists while the army was COMBATING them in the streets. In my opinion, it you who are clueless and disrespectful.
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 22:28   #33
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB
Kargool, he is merely standing up for the people who suggested this and just got flamed, if people dont want to join in with this rememberence thing, just ignore the thread.. it was just an invitation that if you want to pay your respects (in this particular way), to join in. Of course you could argue that irc, or PD are not the place for things like this. but that is by the by, the fact remains that f-crew are doing it, people will be there. Personally i think that while a little unorthodox its still a pretty noble gesture.

btw.. flaming sucks.

(ok, it wasnt REALLY flaming, but still..)

I was arguing that the said poster was in error assuming that everyone were evil bastards for not wanting to attend the eff kruu remembrance minute. And I still find it hilarious that it isn't two minutes but i guess everything f-crew does is half assed.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 04:06   #34
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

You should make it last 5 ticks so we can attack you in the meantime... it would be our own way to honor the fallen bytes lost over 24 rounds.

Thinking about it 1 minute so you can forget it for the rest of the year ? I'm not convinced by the sincerity of it all, just sounds like pure political correctness.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 09:59   #35
CrazyDude

Quote:
I was arguing that the said poster was in error assuming that everyone were evil bastards for not wanting to attend the eff kruu remembrance minute. And I still find it hilarious that it isn't two minutes but i guess everything f-crew does is half assed.

you really need to learn to read before you make stupid and pointless comments ,where in my post did i assume that everyone was evil for not wanting to attend? if you learn to read you will notice that i said i was shocked and disgusted about the comments made to F-Crew for wanting to take a bit of time out to pay there respects, like i said in my first post if you learn to read properly that if you dont want to attend then fine its your choice but leave f-crew to do what they want and those people that to want to pay there respects no where to go if they wish to.

please Kargool learn to read before you type as it really just makes you look stupid
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 10:09   #36
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
you really need to learn to read before you make stupid and pointless comments ,where in my post did i assume that everyone was evil for not wanting to attend? if you learn to read you will notice that i said i was shocked and disgusted about the comments made to F-Crew for wanting to take a bit of time out to pay there respects, like i said in my first post if you learn to read properly that if you dont want to attend then fine its your choice but leave f-crew to do what they want and those people that to want to pay there respects no where to go if they wish to.

please Kargool learn to read before you type as it really just makes you look stupid
I think you were missing the point of that comment. Ofc you didnt say that all people were evil, but the way you came off sure made me, and a few others think you said so. Try to put on a neutral mask and re read your post, maybe you will see why I reacted so strongly on your comment.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 10:30   #37
CrazyDude

Quote:
I think you were missing the point of that comment. Ofc you didnt say that all people were evil, but the way you came off sure made me, and a few others think you said so. Try to put on a neutral mask and re read your post, maybe you will see why I reacted so strongly on your comment.
ive re-read it and still cant see anything BUT if it did come across that way to anybody then i do apologise, i was just making the point that if F-crew want to pay there respects then i cant see the problem and that its upto the idividual to deside if they want to be there or not and i really cant see why people are so against it, if you dont want to go then DONT but if you do then F-crew have simply told you that your welcome to join them to pay your respects.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 10:33   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
you really need to learn to read
Quote:
if you learn to read
Quote:
if you learn to read properly
Quote:
please Kargool learn to read
Using the same burn 4 times doesn't make it better, just repetitive.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 10:47   #39
CrazyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Using the same burn 4 times doesn't make it better, just repetitive.

A really constructive post there
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 12:12   #40
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold

CrazyDude imho what u wrote was a bit too outspoken and inconsiderate. As I said before everybody remembers their fallen in their own way and on their own time and usually in accordance with their own culture.

Just because they speak out against a seemingly random 1 min remembrance doesn't mean they don't respect their fallen at all. You even mentioned people might be from other nations but still concluded that if you didn't applaud and join on the 11th you don't respect the fallen at all.

In that respect I agree with Kargool.

Also keeping saying 'learn to read' does grow old fast. Its obvious Kargool can read properly and is just having a different interpretation of what you wrote then you have. This is a matter of opinion and not a matter of illiteracy.

If I remeber correctly:
r1 LBF =LOST's Buccaneers Flotilla
r2&3 LBF (Information Officer)
r15 HA =Hidden Agenda
r16&17 HA (BC)
r18-23 HA (HC)
Currently on Hiatus
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 16:29   #41
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I think i'll be sleeping on sunday morning.

Last edited by Alessio; 8 Nov 2007 at 16:39.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 16:45   #42
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

This thread was about actual people?
I thought he was beeing an utter geek and was remembering the people who "died" in the planetarion universe

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 17:06   #43
CrazyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator1
CrazyDude imho what u wrote was a bit too outspoken and inconsiderate. As I said before everybody remembers their fallen in their own way and on their own time and usually in accordance with their own culture.

Just because they speak out against a seemingly random 1 min remembrance doesn't mean they don't respect their fallen at all. You even mentioned people might be from other nations but still concluded that if you didn't applaud and join on the 11th you don't respect the fallen at all.

In that respect I agree with Kargool.

Also keeping saying 'learn to read' does grow old fast. Its obvious Kargool can read properly and is just having a different interpretation of what you wrote then you have. This is a matter of opinion and not a matter of illiteracy.
like i said in previous post m8 if thats how it came across then i do apologise for that as it wasnt meant to :crymeariver:
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 18:11   #44
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

It shouldn't matter if you don't observe it in your country as a tradition, every country has been involved in a war at some point and people have been lost and as while remembrance day may be on the day WW1 ended its a day to remember all losses in all wars both military and civilian so its something anyone can observe. And even if you dont want to theres little reason why you cant show some respect to those who want to remember those who have fallen in war

Quote:
Its not being forced onto anyone though, people are being invited to join us in doing so. Its not like we are asking feds to force the whole network to go silent. We are inviting others to join us in our remembrance or carry out their own. If anyone objects they simply have to not join #f-crew between 11:00 and 11:01
you most certainly are forcing it on others when you bitch and whine about them not caring about your request/proposal, and when they resist you insult them. People have the right to "remember" or not, just because while sitting on your morale high ground you can't see past your own nose, and beliefs, doesn't mean your right and others are wrong.

As for American Soldiers that have fought for their countries beliefs (and soldiers of other military's) , they do so, for the right of the citizens of their country to worship, observe, and remember what they want to, when they want to. You seem to have lost track of that fact. I have fought in conflicts for my country, been injured, and luckily survived. I expect nothing from anyone, as far as a pat on the back, rememberence, a thumbs up, or anything else. I made my choice to be a part of it, I certainly wasn't looking for a ticker tape parade by doing so. For you to call people an "utter disgrace to humanity" is not only completely ignorant, it's rediculous when in fact it's the people who act just like you that turn people off from such a display.

If you wish to remember those who have lost their lives in war, your free to do so, when you whine bitch moan and complain when others tell you to piss off, you should do just that, piss off... who the hell do you think you are
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 18:17   #45
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
This thread was about actual people?
I thought he was beeing an utter geek and was remembering the people who "died" in the planetarion universe
same here, bizarre
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 21:59   #46
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
whoahwww there cowboy....!
it looks like shakeywakey might just have a point here in how this sort of thing is needed to remind people of what was fought for during these wars if you're going to walk around spouting anti semitic diatribe the minute someone questions the morality of others.

people don't need to be reminded of a damn thing, it's in there face wherever they look. If people want to celebrate these fallen soldiers it's their right, it shouldn't be shoved in your face.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 22:34   #47
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
you most certainly are forcing it on others when you bitch and whine about them not caring about your request/proposal, and when they resist you insult them. People have the right to "remember" or not, just because while sitting on your morale high ground you can't see past your own nose, and beliefs, doesn't mean your right and others are wrong.

As for American Soldiers that have fought for their countries beliefs (and soldiers of other military's) , they do so, for the right of the citizens of their country to worship, observe, and remember what they want to, when they want to. You seem to have lost track of that fact. I have fought in conflicts for my country, been injured, and luckily survived. I expect nothing from anyone, as far as a pat on the back, rememberence, a thumbs up, or anything else. I made my choice to be a part of it, I certainly wasn't looking for a ticker tape parade by doing so. For you to call people an "utter disgrace to humanity" is not only completely ignorant, it's rediculous when in fact it's the people who act just like you that turn people off from such a display.

If you wish to remember those who have lost their lives in war, your free to do so, when you whine bitch moan and complain when others tell you to piss off, you should do just that, piss off... who the hell do you think you are
WTF is wrong with you. Almost any time I post you show an inability to comprehend English.

At no point have I in your words "bitched and moaned about not caring about your request/proposal". I don't care if people care or not what I do care about is the lack of respect people show by mocking something that's carried out in a number of countries (pretty much every commonwealth country and a number of European ones) as a sign of respect to those lost in wars both military and civilian. It would be like me mocking the victims of 9/11 and their families, something which if I did I would have you and the rest of the Americans on these forums baying for my blood.

If people don't care then as ive said that's their choice but there's no need for it to be mocked. If you dont care then in your own words 'piss off' and dont join our channel on the 11th. If you do care then as we have said over and over again people are welcome to come join us. Its upto you

Also since when has people posting an opinion in response to others been forcing views on others. And if thats so bad why are you still posting on the forums as arent you then forcing your views on the rest of us, something which you seem to think is wrong.

Unless you lack any intelligence and are just a sheep then no-one can force views onto you

@Kargool. I think Juice meant to say 2mins silence, although he may have made it 1 minute as some commonwealth countries only do 1 min
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 00:25   #48
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
WTF is wrong with you. Almost any time I post you show an inability to comprehend English.

At no point have I in your words "bitched and moaned about not caring about your request/proposal". I don't care if people care or not what I do care about is the lack of respect people show by mocking something that's carried out in a number of countries (pretty much every commonwealth country and a number of European ones) as a sign of respect to those lost in wars both military and civilian. It would be like me mocking the victims of 9/11 and their families, something which if I did I would have you and the rest of the Americans on these forums baying for my blood.

If people don't care then as ive said that's their choice but there's no need for it to be mocked. If you dont care then in your own words 'piss off' and dont join our channel on the 11th. If you do care then as we have said over and over again people are welcome to come join us. Its upto you

Also since when has people posting an opinion in response to others been forcing views on others. And if thats so bad why are you still posting on the forums as arent you then forcing your views on the rest of us, something which you seem to think is wrong.

Unless you lack any intelligence and are just a sheep then no-one can force views onto you

@Kargool. I think Juice meant to say 2mins silence, although he may have made it 1 minute as some commonwealth countries only do 1 min
your showing a severe inability to comprehend here which honestly doesn't shock me, like most of your other novels, it's a lot of hot air and yak.... and for the record I rarely post anything in response to your drivel.

Quote:
"At no point have I in your words "bitched and moaned about not caring about your request/proposal"
your whole rant in response to people not caring about your proposal is exactly that, bitching and whining... and the request/proposal being referred to was yours...not anyone elses

Quote:
"I don't care if people care or not what I do care about is the lack of respect people show by mocking something that's carried out in a number of countries (pretty much every commonwealth country and a number of European ones) as a sign of respect to those lost in wars both military and civilian."
no one owes you or your proposal any respect, if they give it, they can do so freely without you badgering them about it

Quote:
telling people they are "utter disgraces to humanity", again, is exactly that, forcing your opinion on people then insulting them for not buying into your view
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 00:47   #49
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Do you got a fanclub angryduck?
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 01:47   #50
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
your showing a severe inability to comprehend here which honestly doesn't shock me, like most of your other novels, it's a lot of hot air and yak.... and for the record I rarely post anything in response to your drivel.

your whole rant in response to people not caring about your proposal is exactly that, bitching and whining... and the request/proposal being referred to was yours...not anyone elses

no one owes you or your proposal any respect, if they give it, they can do so freely without you badgering them about it

telling people they are "utter disgraces to humanity", again, is exactly that, forcing your opinion on people then insulting them for not buying into your view
1) its not mine or F-Crew's proposal. Its a multinational 'event' that has taken place at 11am on the 11th of November since 1919

2) We aren't asking for anyone to show us respect. This isnt about us as we have said over and over again. Its about Remembrance Day/Poppy Day/Veterans Day/Armistice Day. Its that which should be respected, in the same way peoples right to celebrate Christmas/Hanukkah/Ramadan should be respected. If people have nothing but 'mocking' for it then they should just keep it to themselves

3) The "utter disgraces to humanity" had nothing to do with my views or forcing people to agree with them. It was about the attitude people had where all they could do was mock a long standing 'event'. If they choose to honour it is up to each person but no-one needs to mock the dead and their family and friends
The Farnborough Crew
Closed Thread