User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: Best galaxy banner
Option 1 - Sacrifice 51 37.23%
Option 2 - Galaxi Ver Far Away 9 6.57%
Option 3 - Guardian 10 7.30%
Option 4 - 1:1 Banner 46 33.58%
Option 5 - Endless Nights 21 15.33%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 15 Oct 2006, 21:15   #51
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice
Re: Galaxy Banner Competition Voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamez
#4 wins #4 wins #4 wins
bit of a presumption to say that before voting has closed isnt it?

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 21:23   #52
Flamez
Just another n00b

Flamez is an unknown quantity at this point

spoke too soon :crymeariver:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7124/flamezwp0.jpg
Flamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 21:51   #53
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
I was considering this but if only to prove you wrong i will have to now. Once the voting stops (sometime today) i'd like to see your suggestions as to how you would like to see next rounds galaxy banner competition run.
I didn't really expect mine to win.. was more kidding. I like it, but there are dozens of galbanners I like at least as much. Some of the above options are certainly not among those dozens

suggestion... use actual gal banners. People do have to enter their banner, but it has to be their galpic. It should have some form of editing (not just a pure internet pic). Then, even if it are 30, only remove those that don't stand any chance, and set up a big poll. Among the 5 best, do another poll and you have your winner
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 23:39   #54
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
i can't believe ppl are voting for that 2 mins worth of work...
Yes, it's offensive to the people that actually put some effort into their banners
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 02:00   #55
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

a good banner is about a good idea, not about how long you sweat on your keyboard searching for photoshop special effects.
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 02:10   #56
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
a good banner is about a good idea, not about how long you sweat on your keyboard searching for photoshop special effects.
Not like the person who entered #1 had any original idea, it was a googled image with co ords on top...
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 05:59   #57
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

who cares they were all pretty awful but the first one at least stole from a good place and a good line
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 06:10   #58
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

maybe, but the meaning behind the picture he chose is good, it gives the right feeling about what the game is. The layout is clear and balanced, nothing catchy, the text is good too. In fact it looks original compared to the rest.
If I had to use one of those banners for my own gal, I'd use either #1 or #5
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 07:23   #59
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Meh, the winner is a cheap ripoff for motivational posters online.. booooo. Get creative..
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 18:01   #60
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

This is rather ridiculous to be honest. I chose not to hand in a galbanner, because i dint have time to make anything of my own and thought that just some random picture with coords on it wasnt whats asked for.

Next time make a funny google picture and an original graphics award as seperate polls, because as it is everyone who put any effort into it will have to feel slighted.
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 18:15   #61
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Those were excactly my thoughts as well, Lei~.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 20:45   #62
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

where is creature when you need him, his gal pics and siggies were awesome
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 01:34   #63
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm pretty sure that i've seen that Sun and/or Planet and/or Ships that were used in the Guardian picture before. Now, if that's the original artist still then i've no problem. But if it wasnt, and someone just put some galmate's names at the bottom then i think it should be disqualified.

Ofc, #1 should be disqualified (even if it is funny) as clearly its not the original author's work. Its in my calander over there -->.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote