User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 19 Jan 2007, 05:32   #1
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice
Exclamation Silent Night revival??

Hey everyone. I was surfing through old threads and i stumbled across my old threat entitled silent night, if you wanna find it, its on page 5, or heres the link http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=178229

anyways, I was sorta reading it, and for the life of me i couldnt figure out why i stopped dming, as the thread was still going strong and there was much interest.

SO in my infinite wisdom, im gonna take a general poll and see if any of the oldies who were in it back then want to pick it up RIGHT where we left off. Like, Id DM the posts from 2 years ago, and off wed go.. Obviously, that may take a bit of summation, and everyone involved would be HIGHLY ADVISED to read the whole thread over again. I think im game, if you guys are

ALSO IF YOU ARE NOT FROM THE THREAD ORIGINALLY YOU CAN JOIN!!!

if anyone who wasnt in the original thread wants to join it, then i will basically post the characters whos players no longer actively post, and you can choose. there will be many open spots as 60% of the original posters arent even around anymore, so all are welcome to join! I will post character summaries, including what everyone was last doing, as well as a few important facts, once i start finding out if there is interest. also, EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO READ UP ON THE THREAD... this cant work out at all unless there is a seamless transition from where we left off and where we pick up.

ALright, lemme know what you think!

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 05:47   #2
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Re: Silent Night revival??

I'm in, just gotta remember what my character was even doing.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 14:38   #3
Huracan
El Chupacabra

Huracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the rough

In

edit: I'll have to steal someone's character though mwahahahaha

Last edited by Huracan; 19 Jan 2007 at 14:47.
Huracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 17:13   #4
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

I am interested

Last edited by Darkling; 19 Jan 2007 at 18:09.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 17:24   #5
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

In
Unread 20 Jan 2007, 18:09   #6
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

Hmmmm... only 4 people so far eh? Feel free to pester and harass anyone else you think might be interested in this ;-) Ill get around to sending PMs sometime soon

Unread 21 Jan 2007, 03:31   #7
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

*stumbles into the room blindfolded and gagged*

mmmphh!!!!

*a sign saying "In" signed by Eath is on his chest*
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 04:24   #8
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Whoever I am, I'm still him.
Unread 24 Jan 2007, 05:32   #9
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

hmmmm i would have liked to have more people..... but this is usable... I assume everyone who was in this bfeore wants their same characters, so read up on yourselves..... and huracan, have you read the thread at all? any character stand out? if not, ill start compiling stuff and figure which character would be best.... but in general, everyone should reread at least parts of the thread, its not that long :P... I will post more, such as a summation and character stuff later, as i have work tomororw and im tired.

Unread 24 Jan 2007, 19:09   #10
The Pool Table
Bar-room accessory

The Pool Table is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't count as a people do I?
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 16:50   #11
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

Originally played by: Darkling
Currently played by:

Name - Gwail Alus
Descriptions -
Age - 49

Possessing unkempt white hair that’s grown wild, reaching the length of his neck. Though normally tied back in some form if just to keep it out of his eyes. A rough week old stubble forming around his chin merging into his plain rather uninteresting features besides his frail boney appearance and docile stare. His frame is as lanky as his face suggesting he does not get regular meals often, wearing old worn cloths covering his whole body in a loose manner.

Personality -
Acts rather docile and unalert most of the time, though can easily react as fast as anyone else shrugging of his half asleep appearance and reactions within seconds. Doesn’t mind being in groups or solo just doesn’t talk much or show much interest in events around him, though can have a few surprising words of wisdom to say sometimes.

Weapons -
Plain hilted Tachi blade, with an iron scabbard covered in black cloth
Rusted Sword breaker knife

Originally played by: Heiro
Currently played by: No one

Name: Manak
Description:
A youngish man marked with lines of battle experience earned in hard fought combat. Perhaps of great, or little talent, his memory serves him not in remembering what caused the countless scars that riddle his body. He tends to wear flowing clothes, unless uniform was necessarily enforced.

Weapon
Overly large, two handed sword.

Originally played by: Spritely Zombie

Name: Mnemon
Height: 6'4"
Description:
Slightly more muscular than average. Head was obviously shaved recently, but has grown slightly stubbly. Bandana tied in a fashion similar to a sweatband. Dark, steel-gray eyes. His hands are calloused and scarred and his body shows many scars indicating he is a warrior. Clothing consists of a thick set of leather armor, Dyed a dark red color. Composed of a chest/back piece, and heavy flaps that hang off the waist, while still allowing for leg movement. Tight, form-fitting black clothes are underneath the armor.

Personality Traits:
Quiet
Deeply Focused
Stubborn

Weapon/Equipment:
Approximately 9 to 12 yards of well-made titanium-steel alloy chain, each link about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch across, split into three equal-sized sections but connecting together.

Weapon Explanation:
Two of the three sections are wrapped around his forearms (over padded arm-protectors to stop chafing etc ) one to each arm. This adds force to his blows and offers some protection, as well as weight. The third segment is hooked onto the others and trails behind his back. It's quite long and nearly reaches down to his ankles when his arms are at his sides and even with his arms outstretched he doesn't use up all the slack, so (aside from the weight) the chains don't impede his movement much. It doesn't look like some form of prison manacle as beyond some simple blunted and weighted hooks, there's nothing holding the chains together.

Originally played by: Bakan
Currently played by:

Name: Morgan
Height: 5'10"

Description: Relatively short, not to muscular, the muscles that are there are wirey and taunt against the skin. Short black hair going towards unkempt and a weeks stubble of facial hair. Clothing consists of a thick set of leather armor, Dyed a dark red color. Composed of a chest/back piece and heavy flaps that hang off the waist, while still allowing for leg movement. Tight, form-fitting black clothes are underneath the armor.

Weapons
Gloves/Gauntlets - These are made of hard leather and studded metal (spiked on the top of the hands, none on the bottom). The Gauntlets are solid metal as well, reaching towards the elbows.

2x Long Knife - Holstered on the back, a blood-stained knifes well worn from use.

Originally played by: Ryon Jkar

Name: Von Lucan

Description: Tall, slender, able bodied. Bright green eyes. Black hair.

Equipment: Katana of blackened steel. Throwing star-thingies

Originally played by: Blake

Name: Unknown
Description: Average height, medium build. Jet black hair and dark green eyes.
Weapons: Bastard Sword - Slightly larger than a long sword. This weapon can be used with either one or two hands, depending on the situation, making it a very flexible weapon in the right hands.

Originally played by: Disrupter
Currently played by: Disrupter

Name: Duke (unbeknownst to him)
Description: About six feet tall, by his guess, brownish green eyes, short brown hair, and of a semi-muscular build. Wears gloves or gauntlets, and a long camo pants with a black t-shirt. And a bandoleer for arrows

Equipment:
Axe: about 1 1/2 feet long, with two blades, one being bloody
Sword: Katana; 3 or 4 feet long, slightly curved
Boots: Steel edging, spiked cleats for traction
Possibly a bow or something if allowed, and
fingerless gloves

Originally played by: Avenger

Name: Jean Hassek
Description: 5ft 8" tall, crystal clear blue eyes with ash colored hair. Thin and slender hey figure would match a court lady in waiting rather than a warrior. Dressed in dark clothing with a simple set of well scarred leather armor underneath.

Weapons: A dagger, a bow along with a quiver of arrows

Traits: more of the quiet type which likes to listen more than talking. Very cautious. Pretty cold in nature.

Originally played by: Dragonsjem
Currently played by:

Name: Tivez Rabris
Appearance: Average height, slim build, athletic, toned, brunette, short hair pixie cut, brown eyes. Clothing consists of a thick set of leather armor, Dyed a dark red color. Composed of a chest/back piece, and heavy flaps that hang off the waist, while still allowing for leg movement. Tight, form-fitting black clothes are underneath the armor.
Personality: Cautious, quick to flee over fighting, will take charge if needed
Weapon of choice: Half sized Naginata but uses gymnastic abilities more as defense.

Originally played by: Hewitt

Name: Unknown

Appearance: Short brown hair and dark brown eyes; athletic build, bronzed complexion and a height of about 5'10". Has a scar running down his left cheek. Clothing consists of a thick set of leather armor, Dyed a dark red color. Composed of a chest/back piece, and heavy flaps that hang off the waist, while still allowing for leg movement. Tight, form-fitting black clothes are underneath the armor.

Personally Traits: Unknown

Battle gear found upon waking:
- Titanium Long sword

Originally played by: Fishbone

Name: "FB" was written on his glove, so he took this to be his name.

Appearance: Short spiky blonde hair, a handsome face, green eyes. Average build.

Personally Traits: Unknown

Battle gear found upon waking:
A long glove upon his left arm that goes up to his elbow, and is made of chain mail beyond the glove, which is made of thick leather, with metal studs on the knuckles. Can be used to add strength to punches, and also as a shield for weaker attacks.
Extendable talons (go back into the long glove on his right arm, made of leather) on his right hand, which are triggered by him flicking his hand down, and are a foot long in total (3 talons).

Originally played by: Richpur
Currently played by:

Name: Umm... Began with a Q... I think, or maybe S... some letter around there anyway... can I get back to you later?

Appearance: Tall and broad, yet marginally underweight giving a thin, even slightly skinny look. Short, simply cut dark brown hair and brown eyes. Clothing consists of a thick set of leather armor, Dyed a dark red color. Composed of a chest/back piece, and heavy flaps that hang off the waist, while still allowing for leg movement. Tight, form-fitting black clothes are underneath the armor.
Weapon: Straight, double edged sword with one and a half handed grip... more info to follow once I remember the darned terminology.

Story Recap:

At this point in time everyone involved has awoken from a sort of strange sleep, outside on the lawn of an ordinary looking two story building. The yard in front of the building looks like a battle has taken place, and indeed it has. Pools of sticky blood covered the field, and slowly you realize that you were one of the less fortunate combatants, as you all seem to be brutally impaled. Curious as to why you aren’t dead, and also the fact that you have NO memory, and very little pain from your wounds- or bleeding for that matter- you make your way to the building, where an eerie computer message reading “Silent Night Confirmed” flashes on the screen. Several of you discover some papers relating to chemical equations and formulas, and there are many schematics on a certain canister. I believe Darkling’s character currently holds the papers. At that point, a wild eyed looking older man bursts throw a door, holding his own severed arm, and screaming hysterically. Come to find out from him, he is the janitor at this building, and he reveals to you all that you are all actually dead. For some reason or another, you are effectively undead. He talks about his last moments, watching the battle, then having his arm cut off from behind him, and falling into unconsciousness… or death. He stares hard at Bakan’s Character, and remembers that he used to be a door guard. At this point it should be assumed that those characters wearing red armor were the defenders of the complex, and those wearing normal clothing were the attackers. As this all is going on, Rustling is heard in the bushes and a new form of the undead are revealed. These undead are more your typical zombie. Grey skinned and hungry for flesh. Soon it is revealed they are hostile, as Acidk’s character gets torn to shreds by them. Everyone quickly moves upstairs, to escape the attack. The stairs are capped by a weak door at the bottom and a slightly stronger security door at the top.

I think I forgot to mention that there is another door at the opposite end of the room upstairs. So fyi there is. To save some time, I’ll also let you know right now that it is locked

Upstairs is a large room filled with cubicles and dotted with large filing cabinets. Each cubicle is covered in papers and seems to be quite a mess. Several computers are running, and a few lie broken on the ground. Personal items fill the cubicles. Toys, pictures of loved ones, calendars, the usual office items. The room itself is simple and boring. Whitewashed walls, a plain ceiling with the blandest possible light fixtures, and a linoleum floor. The room is designed to minimize distraction. The only thing possibly distracting is the small potted tree in one corner of the room, and the water cooler’s intermittent bubbling. There is a relatively large window overlooking the front lawn, currently a bloody battle scene. Directly in front of that window are a mop, a bucket, and a relatively large pool of blood, with blood stains on the walls, some nearby cubicles, and the window itself. The mop’s moppy part has turned a deep red from absorbing the poor man’s blood. Besides the mess in front of the window, the room is in pretty good order. Papers lie strewn about and a few chairs are tipped over, but besides that, nothing seems out of the ordinary. One corner of the room is the boss’s room. It is separate, with its own door, with a name on it (Mr. Undermire) and shaded windows looking onto the work area. The boss’s room contains a leather couch, soft carpet, shelves of books, a few filing cabinets, and the walls are lined with pictures and certificates. The window looking onto the front lawn fills one wall, and the shade is currently drawn. Against the window opposite the door, and to the left of the window is the desk. It is a large wooden desk, covered in papers and other desky things. There is a name plate that reads “Mr. Undermire” sitting on it off to one corner. Finally, in the middle of the desk is the small, currently dark, portable computer. The office is in perfect condition, showing none of the disarray of the rest of the floor.

At this point in time, everyone is upstairs. The stairs have been strewn with rubble, as per Disrupter’s character. A window has also been broken and rubble has been strewn below, and the zombies know you are upstairs. The old man is with dragonjem’s character, currently tied to a chair, I believe (correct me if I’m wrong).

ALSO some important DMs of olde to consider.

Darkling: As you go through the papers, you find nothing terribly interesting. The man seems to be in charge of this branch office for a corporation known as “SAFECO”. From the words used in some of the papers, it seems they design and test new weapons for the military. The computer boots up easily and is not password blocked. You have full access to the man’s files. Before you can continue, you notice outside…

Bakan: After searching for records and files, you find several. Most are just vague summaries of what is on the computer system. Somewhere along the lines, you find the same picture that was found earlier, one of canisters (I think darkling has it), but with more details. They are labeled as gas canisters, containing “Neterofungic Gas”. The papers themselves seem to be blueprints for the specially designed canisters. Everything else you find seems to refer directly to the computer system, or is encoded. You do come across a file labeled “personnel and staff”, but inside it frustratingly refers to the computer system again, due to an update…

To sum it up, the computer is important, I believe Darkling already has it.

Also, at this point in time, notice the locked door. Blake’s character is already there, inspecting it.

I know that’s a lot, but that’s the recap. You don’t have to read all of it, but 90% is pretty useful, specially if you don’t remember/know this thread.

I am assuming everyone will play their original characters? And also, I need Huracan to make a character decision in the next few days.

I THINK that is everything for now. As per usual, READ the older material if this doesn’t make sense. I will post a general DM in Silent night, but I would like all of you to confirm in this thread that you have read this stuff over, so I know we are ready to begin.. I’ll give you a few days.

Last edited by General D. Eath; 25 Jan 2007 at 18:11.
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 17:58   #12
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Yep...Im definetly back in...

When i reread the beginning, i decided that I would perfrom actions that i already had (blocking the stairs). So im ready to fight zombies.

*swings axe in a circle*