User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 19 Dec 2006, 22:44   #1
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Thread revival?

I was looking through the forum and came across an old thread I started that never got off the ground because I took on too much at one time: The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Roleplayers Challenge. I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting this thread started if they are still lurking. I'm semi-unemployed atm so I should have time and no disappearing for immigration reasons anymore. Anyone who already has a character made for them has first dibs on it. After that any other would be up for grabs if there is enough interest to merit DMing it. Right now this is just an interest thread. Search out the old thread if you want to look at your characters in more detail again. Also we may or may not be doing the judging part again, just get some RPing going.

The RPers I had created the characters for were:

Fantasy: Order of the Crystal
Fluffie: prominant Mage
KoL: Captain of the guards
Bakan: guard

Fantasy: Seeking the crystal
No_Dachi: Theif (female)
Hewitt: assassin
flapjack: barbarian
Eek: mage

Sci-fi: Order of the crystal (does not ensure psychic)
Zappa: Psychic
AcidK: Guard and Servant
Wo2: bounty hunter

Sci-fi: seeking the crystal
Heiro: rouge Psychic
Muha: prominant member of the opposition
Gen_Eath: member of the opposition (female)
Spritely Zombie: hired fighter

The following is my original post:

The thread will have sci-fi and fantasy aspects for those who only do one or the other. The challenge to this thread will be:
We create your character and history which you must adhere to. Deviations from the character and alterations in abilities will severely drop your score.
The characters given will be unlike what you are used to using. If you are always a fighter, you will be a mage or psychic. If you are usually psychic or mage, you will be not be in this. If you are more commonly the darker characters you will be on the side that is more good.

The purpose of this "test" is to judge roleplaying ability outside a arena. The fighting threads judge just that, ability to roleplay a fight well. This thread intends to judge roleplayers on their RP abilities in 4 categories:
Performance in fights
Actions in non-fighting situations (ie. creating situations during duller times or dealings with other RPers or NPCs)
Character development throughout thread (personality)
Belivability of character (Does the character exhibit qualities that would exist in the character based on history and knowledge)

The judging will be done via PM. ANYONE who wishes to make judgement can do so, whether you join the thread or not. The judging will be based on a 10 point scale for each category, 10 being the highest. It is our hope the voting will be done without personal feelings. It will not be released who voted what, just the total at the end of the thread

***We do not believe ourselves to have roleplaying abilities above any others, we just thought people might like a thread to rate their roleplaying abilities***

Thread intro:
Planet Mylopian: 837 AD
The order of the crystal gathers every fifty years in their secret santuary to discuss ways to keep the crystal secret from the world. The crystal....the one thing in this world that keeps mages both safe and yet can be their destruction. But this time the meeting has been called early. Rumors have begun spreading throughout the world. The greedy, the power hungry, the cruel have placed their interest in finding out if the legends are true. The rumors about the ability of the crystal has changed over the years, but one thing stays constant: It is the key to ruling the world. Only the order knows it's true power, but that does not stop the seekers.

2534 AD:
The world has greatly changed in many ways, and yet has stayed the same in so many ways. The descendents of the order still exist. The order continues to meet, however the location of the crystal was lost long ago. The last record of it's existance is from 923 at the same time as a huge uprising. It is unsure whether the crystal still exists or it was destroyed but that too has been lost to the ages. Mages have disappeared from the world, however psychics took their place. A different form of magic. The order continues to search for the crystal to protect it or confirm its destruction. Those searching for power have not given up either..

In a lair high in the mountains, a group plots around their newest descovery: time travel.......If they can't find the crystal now, they'll get it when it definately exists.

Post your interests in judging, RPing, or both. If you just wish to judge, you may PM your interest. Those RPing, if you wish to aid us, please list your top 3 types of characters you usually use (if you have only 1 or 2, list those). Darkling will be creating the actual thread which I will be assisting with.

So....ANYONE interested?

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 15:40   #2
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Re: Thread revival?

I'll be the first one to stick my neck out and say I'm game.

I've been trying to continue RP over at NS but it just ain't the same... dunno, let's say if this gets me interested in RP again then yay, otherwise I think I'll just make this the last time I ever make any promises to participate in an RP.

No pressure.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 21:28   #3
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*AH-CHOO!!!!*

WoW - Is this place dusty.

Count me in if this gets up off the ground.
Unread 20 Dec 2006, 23:50   #4
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

If you've got space for me in here I'd like to give my creativity a dust off again. Although it's been so long since I was last here properly I don't know whether my old 'usual' character types count for much.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 02:38   #5
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Anyone is welcome. I doubt alll 14 ppl will not be coming back at least not in the next week or so. I'm going to give till a little after christmas for the ppl with characters to respond. After that i'll repost the characters not chosen and any not taken are up for grabs. I'm not making new characters since last time that took weeks so just try to pick a character that sounds different from what you think you'd usually roleplay.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 02:57   #6
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Welcome back Hewitt. Your character again is:

Side: Fantasy, Opposition to the Order
Name: Hewitt
Character Name: Hawen
Sex: male
Race: elven
Role: assassin
Personality: patient and cautious, callous
Appearance: typical elvish, blond hair, pointy ears, tall
Abilities: well skilled in stealth movements, knowledge in setting and identifying traps, knowledge of poisonous plants.
Weapons and Pocessions: duel weilded kuri knives, darts
History:
Born to elves but was orphaned outside of a human village when he was four when his parents were killed, what it was believed to be, accidently. Taken in by the healer of the village, being taught the healing powers of plants, as well as which to avoid. However, feelings of hatred grew inside him from the loss of his parents and he left the village as a teenager.
Needing to find a way to survive, he used his knowledge at first to heal, but soon realized he could make more money becoming an assassin. He started by just poisoning people, but eventually became trained with kuri knives and darts.
His greed only continued to grow, remembering stories his parents told him when he was young about a powerful crystal. Unknowing his parents were part of the Order, he spent his free time trying to find more and more about the crystal and how to find it. Determined now to possess the power the crystal can give him, he teamed up with others as long as it's convinient.

Welcome back Bakan:

Side: Fantasy, Order of the Crystal
Name: Bakan
Character Name: Biel
Sex: Male
Race: Half-elf
Appearance: Tall, thin, pointy ears, a average musclar appearance, reddish brown shoulder length hair
Role: Guard of the order
Abilities: elf like agility, excells with nagatina
Weapons or pocessions: padded armor with chain mail over, simple helm covering head and nose, (good field of vision), nagatina
Personality: young, nieve, follows orders, takes people's words at par and is often tricked easily.
History:
Born to an elven mother who was seduced by a traveling human minstrels songs. As a half-elf, his acceptance into either world would be difficult. Therefore, his mother kept him sheilded from the world to avoid the hatred. He was kept hidden from the elves as long as she could, living on the outskirts of the village. This isolation left him nieve of the world. He doesn't understand the corruption of the world, nor the dangers that come with it. However with the nievity comes a view of the world others do not see. The good that comes with the bad.
Tired of his exclusion, he set out to travel the world at a young age. Trained in the far off land with an weapon not often seen in the realms of the Order, the nagatina. Returning once again to the realms, his heart still as pure as when he left. His nievity not as dominant, but unable to believe there is bad in anyone. Hearing stories about the fabled crystal, he seeks out the Order. He joined the Order as a guard as he believed they were the source of goodness in the world.

Unread 21 Dec 2006, 16:41   #7
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I have a character?
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 21:44   #8
Nakartai
Local Young'un

Nakartai is an unknown quantity at this point

i might be up for this if im allowed
if so could someone direct me to somewhere where i can learn more about the universe (previous threads maybe)
my rp ability is a bit lacking compared to what ive seen on this sight, but im only 15 so u'd have to bear with me and my interest in rp has just come back (hopefully i can improve in time)

anyhow, im babbling again
can someone direct me to where i can learn more about this please?
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 23:45   #9
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Fluffie, yes you have a character. This thread is from February 2004 so it's been awhile. If you're still interested I'll repost your character.

Nakartai, welcome to the RP forum and you're welcome to join up. As for the universe, It depends on the thread. Unlike some RP boards we just come up with anything and go with it. For example we have sci-fi threads and fantasy, we've had old west threads and pirate threads. It really is just random. Just skim through the Newbie Guide to get familiar with the forum (I got Darkling to find it again).

For this thread, what I have posted up above is all of the world anyone else knows right now. More will be posted later.

One detail to add from the previous thread
For the Sci-Fi chars you need to know this bit: The average age of Myops is 400. The average age of Plorbian is 150. Myops and Plorbian are the result of about a thousand years of interbeeding once most the race barriers broke down. Myops are the result of human, elf, and orcs intermixing. The average Myop is about 5'10". The human and elven characteristics are more dominant resulting in longer lives, usually very attractive by human standards, and the ability to use the psyhic powers. Plorbians are the result of orc and human intermixing. Plorbians are on average 6'5", stronger, but less intelligent, the human qualities blended with the orc unattractiveness to make the average Plorbian good looking by human standards. There are a few small groups on the world who believed in race purity and still are elven, human, or orc.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 22 Dec 2006 at 01:06.
Unread 27 Dec 2006, 02:46   #10
Huracan
El Chupacabra

Huracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the rough

I don't remember this thread, I may not have been around when it was first introduced.......

Either way, I'm game
Huracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 03:04   #11
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Well times up for the old joiners. The characters I list below are up for grabs. Please post your top choice and a secondary choice. The secondary choice should be on the opposing side but doesn't have to be in the other time period. (You may get the secondary if too many ppl chose the same side and time period).

Old joiners if you absolutely hate your character and would prefere another character than the one given, let me know. But remember this thread was about a challenge to your RP abilties.
Sorry for multiple postings but it will be easier to read.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 29 Dec 2006 at 03:25.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 03:05   #12
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Fantasy:
Order of the Cystal:

Name: Kaedar
Race: human
Role: Captain of the guard
Appearance: tradition knight image, full beard, blond hair, short, about 5'10"
Abilities: well versed in battle
Personality: snobbish, commanding but submissive to his superiors, noble and honorable
Weapons and pocessions: full plate armour, wearing breast plate with his family crest when not in battle, tradition long sword, shield, horse
History:
Born as the third son of a noble family, he was sent off to a friend of the family at the appointed age. There he learned the code of chivalry and the skills of the knights. Going off to the military once his training was finished, he soon became a accomplished leader.
Returning home after many years and battles, his legacy followed him. Quickly gaining a position as a guard of the Order and soon became captain due to his devotion, honor, and skills.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 29 Dec 2006 at 03:27.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 03:05   #13
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Fantasy:
Opposition to the Order:

Name: Nelilandra
Sex:; female
Race: elven
Role: Theif
Appearance: 5'10", thin, long black hair, worn up when working, piercing green eyes, formfitting clothes with many pockets
Abilities: disabling traps. picking locks, agility
Personality: uses her charm as well as her wits, uses whoever she needs to to get what she wants, unreliable, looking for excitement and anything to line her pockets
Weapons and Poccessions: easily concealled daggar, light crossbow and bolts, lock picking equipment, plain clothes with leather reinforcements sewed in, large cloak.
History:
Born to a poor family, she learned to steal to survive early on. Starting with just small targets, she was good at pickpocketing and stealing bits of food. However, as she just had the nack for it and never knew any other way of life, she remained a theif as she grew up. Gaining fame from other theives when we got few lucky breaks and managed to steal from some heavier guarded people.
As she became older, she realized she could use her charm and beauty to use people to get her ways. Using people whenever needed, she teams up with men and works with them until convienent.
Hearing about the crystal, she decided it would be for once a big challenge and might just give her power if the legends were true. She realizes she can always ransom it for a large sum, if it turns out to be no use to her.

Name: Farodam
Race: half-orc
Role: Barbarian
Appearance: 6'3", average orc appearence, muscles, hide draped off shoulder
Personality: dim-witted, focused on getting the crystal, doesn't think before charging into battle, doesn't know finer points of culture or subtlty
Abilities: brute strength
Weapons and equipment: large double edged wooden handled axe, hide armour
History:
Born to an orc mother and a human fighter, he was raised by his motehr in her orc tribe. This upbringing left him more orc than human in mannerism and thoughts.
His human side left him more intelligent than the rest of his tribe, however, which led to resentment among the rest of the orcs, never quite being one of them. He left the prove his worth so he could take leadership of the tribe, even as a half orc.
On his journy, he heard rumors of a important crystal. Sure it will be heavily guarded and sought by many, he feels it will prove his strength to the other orcs. He seeks the crystal as a trophy, nothing else, unknowing of what it can do.

Name: Elek
Race: half-elf
Role: mage
Appearance: elven appearance, shorter about 5'4", black cloak, hood usually up to hide his elven features
Personality: Resentful of his mixed heritage, depising of others, looks out for himself
Abilities: Evocation and dabbling in necromancy
Weapons and pocessions: mage staff, couple plain daggars, sack for scrolls
History: Born and raised by an elven father and human mother. They lived as outsiders wherever they went, becoming more nomads than having a home. Trained in the art of magic by his father, Eek grew to be a great mage, however there was always a lingering of hatred toward his parents.
Leaving his parents as an adolescence, he has tried to fit in best he could, but the elves could sense he was only half and many humans just avoided him for his elf side. Hating who he is, never quite belonging anywhere he focused his arts toward the less noble occupations.
On his jouney, he heard of the powerful crystal. Seeking it now, he hopes it has the supreme power he has heard about. He plans to use it to subjagate if not destroy those who sneered at him.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 29 Dec 2006 at 03:11.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 03:06   #14
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Science Fiction:
Order of the Crystal

Name: Amord
Race: Plorbian
Role: guard and servant to Zaldan
Appearance: 6'4", average looks
Personality: lighthearted, dimwit, follows blindly, rushes into battles
Abilities: excells with scythe
Weapons and pocessions: scythe, metal handled, super sharp, light weight armor equivilant protection of chainmail and padding
History:
Born to a family of servants to Zaldan 's noble family. A semi-outcast from the others as he was born with lesser intelligence, a throwback from his orc genes. Extremely strong however, he was trained as a guard and fighter. He took to the modifed scythe quickly.
Raised in the shadow of nobility, He learned about the crystal second hand. What he learned only made him more loyal to the family, believing them to be superior. This loyalty to the order was always expected, but he took it further, willing to do what it took to protect the Order and it's ways. He is quick to run into any situation if he's ordered.

Name: Weal
Race: Myop
Role: bounty hunter
Appearance:
Personality: doesn't care about crystal, just his target, not prone to take charge or follow orders, bit crazed
Abilities: explosives expert, tracker
Weapons and pocessions: large supply of explosives and equipment
History:
Born on an attempted colony on another planet in the galaxy. Without the Orders direct control, the colony fell into disorder. A war starting between supporters and opposers. Being raised in this war torn environment, he learned early on how to survive dispite the odds, especially when he was orphaned early.
As he grew older, he was taken in and trained as a mercenary solider, becoming an expert in explosives. Skilled in setting traps that don't necessarily kill. The mercenaries trained him how to track the opposition, focusing on their main memebers.
Tired of the continuous warfare, he left the colony to return to Myopian. Using his skills to become a well known bounty hunter.
Once the dissapearnce of Heur was discovered he was hired by the order to find him. However once the level of his betrayl appeared, the order changed to dead or alive. Unconcerned with the crystal or anything besides the bounty on Heur's head, nothing will stop him from reaching his target.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 30 Dec 2006 at 18:45.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 03:07   #15
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Sci-Fi
Seeking the crystal:
Name: Heur
Role: rouge psychic
Appearance: long white robe, short brown hair hidden under the the hood
Personality: jealous and vengeful, manipulative
Abilities: powerful psychic
History:
Grew up privileged and learned the Orders ways and the power of the psychic along side Zaldan . Always one set behind because of age and Zaldan 's ability, he comes to resent Zaldan 's authority. This resentment he transferred to a disgust of the Order. Instead of blindly following, he realized that the legend of the crystal's power was what kept the Order in their power. If the crystal was found, the Order's followers might falter without fear..
Privileged to all the documents discussing the possible location and history of the crystal, he secretly copies the documents detailing it's last location and dissappears from the Order.
He bided his time until the technology of time travel appeared. Appearing years later from his disappearence, now teamed with the rebellious opposition. .

Name: Mitrin
Race: Plorbian
Role: prominant member of the organization formed to take the rule from they psychcs
Appearance: cybernetic implants to enhance hearing and vision, not completely noticable, long hair covering them, well built
Personality: set to his mission, intelligent
Abilities: heat vision and double normal hearing
Weapons and pocessions: laser of some sort
History:
Having a normal, but not extremely privilaged childhood, Mitrin's life wasn't all that exciting until he was a young adult. With the increase in technology, there was much talk about technological improvements to human senses. When the Order asked for volunteers, he assumed the techniques had been tested many times, and signed up quickly along with some of his friends. However, this was not so.
Only five out of twenty volunteers survived the operations. Only one of those five survived without any complications at all. Of his friends, only one survived besides him, but was blinded and had some brain damage.
Disgusted, Mitrin escaped from the labs and joined the opposition. Realizing the Order had taken their power too far. His enhanced senses and determination allowed him to rise the ranks quickly, becoming on of the top members of the opposition.

Name: Gesadia
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Role: member of the opposition
Appearance: about 5'9", long dark hair, green eyes.
Personality: very spiritual, firm believer of fate, believes is destined to find the crystal, some see her as insane
Abilities: accelerated healing, precise shot with her weapon, close range fighting with staff.
Weapons and pocessions: staff like electrical weapon (think stargate)
History:
Born and raised by the purists group of humans on the small southern continent, renamed utopia by the purists. Believing in the perfection of humanity, they refuse to mingle with others. However it did not stop them from playing with genetics. She is the result of a successful attempt which gave her accelerated healing and longer lives.
The purists have heard long ago of the crystal. They have come to believe it is their way to justify their feelings of superiorty. In their pocession, they believe it will reach it's top power. This belief comes from the fact the last known top mage protectors of the crystal were all human.
Gesadia has grown up in this spiritual belief and has decided she is destined by fate to retrieve the crystal for her people. Sent by them to join the opposition to the order, she has infiltrated them and gained their trust. Her belief that she is the one has only increased when she was chosen for the secret mission to go back in time.

Name: Slaidonar
Role: Hired Fighter
Appearance: tall, muscular, short silverish hair
Personality: elusive, charismatic
Abilites: ambidexterous, excellent fighter
Weapons and Pocessions: Full armor (appears as metallic cloth but is woven metal fibers sorta like a futuristic chainmail, but as good as full plate), morningstar that looks like a mace, chain inside the handle which is realeased with a secret button, small war hammer with electric charges
History:
Born to a family on a distant colony that many have forgotten about. It was established as a source of more goods, however it's distance from Myopian and the not so fertile soil made most disregard it. However many stay to make a new life. His parents were farmers of course, as were all on the colony. His father competed in tournaments on the colony and a few distant ones to bring
Growing up, he often accompanied his father to these matches. He was fascinated and soon became his father's sparring partner. Eventually Slaidonar's fighting abilites surpassed his fathers.
He followed in his father's footsteps as a fighter, but years as a farmer turned him off it. Leaving his home he travelled from planet to planet, competing in many tounaments, eventually making quite a name for himself. With this name came many job offered and he became a hired fighter in his spare time. His legend spread quickly, and he was seen by the rebels who hired him to go back with them to get the crystal.
_____

Last edited by dragonsjem; 30 Dec 2006 at 00:55.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 03:21   #16
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for the slow reaction, but hey - I don't really mind who I play: that's the challenge, right?

Appoint me one.

I've played in both scifi and fantasy threads. Been a fighter or psychic mostly, some derivations to maging sometimes: but I'm really not that good at it. Don't know why. Played a thieving kind of character some times, but they always end up a) sounding the end of the world and b) becoming big ass fighters.

I've also played lots of "leading roles", think threads like Rommey or Planet Wars or Colonies.
Most of the time I was a good guy. I've also, at certain points, created characters with amnesia - i liked this, so that I would be both real-life and character wise ignorant. suited my playing style.. ignorance.. hehe

anyhow

i'll see what i get assigned.
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 03:28   #17
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Fluffie, here was your original character made for you.

Fantasy, Order of the Crystal
Name: Faetwin
Appearence: average height, grey hair and beard, blue robe with the emblem of the order on it
Role: Mage of the order, protector of the crystal. knows the true location
Abilities: knows some enchantment and expert in conjuration, powerful but lacks concentration to sustain spells for long periods.
Weapons or pocessions: mage staff
Personality: Serious and ill-tempered with age.
History:
Born to mages of the order, raised knowing only the order and the ways of mages. He spent his childhood hovered over books, devoted completely to his studies. This continued though his life, making him a powerful mage, but very isolated from others.
Seen as perfect for the position, he was put in charge of guarding the crystal from anyone who discovers its location. A very lonley position, especially since he was never one to interact with others. Instead he's spent his time trying to discover the true power of the crystal
The years alone has made him extremely serious and grumpy. His powers have let him live longer, but as he grows older in his life, his concentration has begun to wane. He's still powerful, but unable to continue spells for long periods of time.

Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:19   #18
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Yeah I know.

Something I'd usually never play, so... I guess that's perfect for me in this thread then?
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 20:44   #19
Nakartai
Local Young'un

First choice: Elek (fantasy opposition)
Second: I don't really like any of the order, so could you come up with a new one? If not I'll take Kaedar (fantasy order).

Looking forward to it. Should be interesting to use someone I havn't come up with.
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 00:33   #20
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Nakartai, I will NOT be making any other characters. It took me long enough to make these. However, if there is a second character on the opposition side (sci-fi or fantasy) you would like, let me know.

and Fluffie, that it is. And feel free to play up the ill tempered personality.

Unread 30 Dec 2006, 03:31   #21
Huracan
El Chupacabra

Huracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the roughHuracan is a jewel in the rough

so do i get a randomly assigned character? is that how it works? as i said, im interested in trying it out but haven't done it before
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 04:39   #22
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

I posted the available characters above. Please chose the character you want to play and a second choice character from a different division. ie. if you Chose Sci-fi Order than chose a character from another section as your second choice. (Fluffie already had a character from earlier)

Unread 30 Dec 2006, 05:17   #23
Huracan
El Chupacabra

I'll list 4 for kicks

1. weal
2. huer or zaldan
3. slaidonar
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 15:57   #24
Nakartai
Local Young'un

Ok then. Second choice will be Kaedar.
First staying as Elek
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 18:33   #25
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts

me. in.

raaaa...

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 18:46   #26
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Welcome back Zappa .

Since noone has chosen it as their first choice at this point, you're welcome to take your character back.

Sci-Fi
Order of the Crystal
Name: Zaldan
Role: psychic
Appearance: average height, red hair, blue robe
Personality: noble, unbelieving of the power of the crystal, devoted to the order
Weapons and pocessions: long hooded cloak of the order.
History:
Born to a noble family, both parents prominant members of the Order. Being the oldest child, his lessons of the psychic ways was taught from his earliest years. Zaldan excelled at each lesson and quickly made him way up the ranks, surpassing even his parents. One of the inner circle of the Order, he has access to the most secret of documents.
Realizing the crystal, or at least the legend of the crystal is the key to the Order's power in this world, he sets about researching to see if he can find it's location.
Later learning of Heur's betrayl, Zaldan takes his knowledge to hunt down the crystal before Heur.

Unread 30 Dec 2006, 22:58   #27
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Nelilandra as a first choice, Gesadia as a close second for a different era, then for a complete change Amord as a third choice to round out the sides.

Not that I would object to any of the options, except Mitrin, I already play too many characters with nanonic implants.

I notice the girls both look about the same, is that a coincidence or a plot detail I'm not supposed to ask about?
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 02:37   #28
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Just a coincidence. I made Nelilandra as one of the first charcters and Gesadia as one of the last. I was so intent on histories of all the chars not conflicting, that i totally forgot what each character looked like. I think i was going elven girl..but not blond cliche, and for the other i figured if there are purists, the chances of any blond or red heads or blue eyes left was rare.

I'll post your final characters and start the thread after new years. Got a geek party to host .

So far it looks like:
Fluffie-Faetwin
Bakan-Kaedar (i'm giving you a promotion)
Richard-Nelilandra
Nakartai- Elek
Huracan- Weal
Hewitt- Hawen
Zappa- Zaldan
Eath-Gesadia
Darkling- Slaidonar
Vicotnik- Heur

These are not all definate but it's what it looks like it might be. Those with two choices still will depend on Vicotnik and whether I can finish convincing Gen_Eath to come back or not.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 2 Jan 2007 at 22:06.
Unread 2 Jan 2007, 06:10   #29
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

*yawns, wanders in, slaps richard's hand away from gesadia, and reclaims his character*

lo

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2007, 12:04   #30
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard opens his eyes and half sits up, looking around the rather misty pocket of pseudo-reality for some idea as to who he is. After a few moments it occurs to him that the atmospheric conditions aren't going to reveal much so looks down at himself instead.

The first thing he notices is that 'he' appears to be female. The second thing is that her clothing doesn't leave much room for speculation in that regard - or much else by the feel of it. Oh, and the ground is further away than she'd thought. She swings her legs off the plinth and quickly sits up.

"Ouch."

Leaning back she looks speculatively at her waist and pulls a slightly curved dagger from a previously unnoticed pocket around her hip; maybe there's more room in this outfit than she'd thought. With a slight adjustment to the dagger's alignment she returns it to its hiding place and pushes herself from the plinth, dropping a couple of inches onto the floor. About half a second later the second sound of the day is heard.

"Ouch."

Ok, she's wearing heels. Probably should have checked that before trying to stand up; still, one slightly twisted ankle isn't too bad a price to pay; could have been a face first dive into the floor - which doesn't feel any softer than the bed. Having adjusted her balance she turns back to the bed and finds that a black square at the head of the plinth is now making an annoying noise that could only be classified as a 'beep'. Reaching over she takes a single look at the square and blinks, shaking her head rapidly as a metal stand materialises next to her with a cloak hung on it.

Her cloak for that matter, with one side a deep green and the other a colour that will at some point in the future be given the grandiose title of 'midnight silver: matt' - in other words, a very dark grey. She lifts the cloak down and with a practiced flourish seats it around her shoulders.

And with that Nelilandra takes one step into the mists and appears in the main 'holding chamber', waiting for the others to be ready.

[ooc] What can I say, I had a few minutes to spare. Oh, and Eath; you're welcome to Jessie, at least Nel's got clothes [/ooc]
Unread 2 Jan 2007, 23:30   #31
Huracan
El Chupacabra

I'm the only character without an appearance ?
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 00:13   #32
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Sorry, must have missed that when creating the original characters. I'll add one before I repost your characters in the actually thread...unless you want to make one up based on the rest of the char.

Unread 3 Jan 2007, 00:15   #33
Huracan
El Chupacabra

I'll let you do it so I can get a better feel for the character
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 02:12   #34
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Noes! All the peoples I'd have fun with are taken. Blast my tendancy to lateness!
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 03:30   #35
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

sorry, the interest thread has been here for a while and you can't say you haven't been on the forums.

Unread 5 Jan 2007, 08:46   #36
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

It would appear that I have been discovered. I guess I'll just have to try to make something up on my own then, and fast. I'll try to get something together tomorrow.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 15:08   #37
Nakartai
Local Young'un

By evocation I assume you mean the D&D style lore, (Energy/Fire/Ice) as opposed to calling on spirits for protection or other such things?

Edit:
And for necromancy animating the dead and such, instead of only speaking to them. Are there any limits such as raising the dead?

Last edited by Nakartai; 5 Jan 2007 at 15:30.
Nakartai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 02:11   #38
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Your character is quite young in the grand scheme of things being both half elven and a mage. You are not super powerful in any of your spells. Since your father was teaching you the evocation, you left near the beginning of your training so your abilities are limited. Your father did try to instill in you the danger of using too many or too powerful spells. The necromancy is something your character would have picked up after leaving home from random sources.

For the evocation, yes I was thinking more of D&D style evocation. Since you seem familiar with D&D consider your ability level about 5 max. Here's a reference to the D&D spells to give you an idea of what you can do. You may create other similar spells or change their names as long as you don't make them too powerful. http://www.systemreferencedocuments....ardSpells.html

As for the necromancy, you dabble in it, not excessivly skilled. Your abilities in it are limited to speaking to the spirits of the dead, maybe do an exorcism, and raising at the most two dead at one time. Raising the dead involves giving part of your life force to the being so this will weaken you, about 1/3 of your life force per being so if you are injured you could fail at keeping control. If you attempt to raise more than two dead, either your body will pay the price or the being raised will not be under your control.

Once you have raised a dead being, you can set them on a task or call them back from it. You are not in absolute complete control at all times except stopping it from attacking you.

You can create up to 5 "raised" dead at one time but these would only be reformed skeletons unable to move.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 21:22   #39
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

I'm FINALLY in. So wich char should I take, what makes it interesting?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 22:20   #40
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
So far it looks like:
Fluffie-Faetwin
Bakan-Bail/Kaedar(i'm giving you a promotion)
Richard-Nelilandra
Nakartai- Elek
Huracan- Weal
Hewitt- Hawen
Zappa- Zaldan
Eath-Gesadia
Darkling- Slaidonar
Vicotnik- Heur
As per what you said on MSN last week. See the thread. You're the traitor psychic that is essentially the pivitol role on the sci-fi side.

Sci-Fi
Seeking the crystal:
Name: Heur
Role: rouge psychic
Appearance: long white robe, short brown hair hidden under the the hood
Personality: jealous and vengeful, manipulative
History:
Grew up privileged and learned the Orders ways and the power of the psychic along side Zaldan . Always one set behind because of age and Zaldan 's ability, he comes to resent Zaldan 's authority. This resentment he transferred to a disgust of the Order. Instead of blindly following, he realized that the legend of the crystal's power was what kept the Order in their power. If the crystal was found, the Order's followers might falter without fear..
Privileged to all the documents discussing the possible location and history of the crystal, he secretly copies the documents detailing it's last location and dissappears from the Order.
He bided his time until the technology of time travel appeared. Appearing years later from his disappearence, now teamed with the rebellious opposition.

Unread 10 Jan 2007, 04:54   #41
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*Hewitt decides he needs to work on becoming malicious if he is to fit into the role of the insidious Hawen. As such, as his first malicious act he uses his newly gained stealthiness to sneak up behind "Nelilandra" and proceeds to ever so gently slice through her garb in a few swift moves. Grinning evilly, "Hawen" steps back into the shadows to watch the coming show as Nelilandra's clothing begins to fall apart in all the strategic places.*

ooc:

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 05:28   #42
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

oh my......and post in the thread Hewitt you can hit on Nelilandra there

The Crystal of Mylopia

Last edited by dragonsjem; 10 Jan 2007 at 05:39.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 22:08   #43
Nakartai
Local Young'un

I'm not all that familiar with D&D.
Just the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale Series, so I think I'll use the BGTOB (3rd Game) spellbook.

That goes from lv1-9, but I'll only use level 5 stuff then. So thats Animate Dead (only one skeleton in this game), cloudkill, cone of cold, stuff like that, with sunfire (kindof a powerful version of the ever popular fireball spell detonating around the caster) being the very limit of Elek's abilities.

Anyway is magic done like that? Needing rest to memorize? Or do I just cast and rest for rest's sake (use of energy etc).
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 03:20   #44
Richpur
Just call me sir.

[ooc] I should have kept quiet shouldn't I. [/ooc]

Nelilandra feels the slight tugs of a rather amazingly sharp blade cutting through her clothing without managing to hit either her (quite an achievement considering the apparent lack of space between them) or anything in one of the pockets.

Modesty (or at least propriety, since it is debatable whether Nelilandra actually has a sense of modesty) is maintained at the expense of any sense of historical accuracy however when all this succeeds in revealing is a black sports bra emblazoned with the word 'nike'.

"CUT!"

"What? This wasn't in the script!"

[oh, this is where the /ooc goes]
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 05:45   #45
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Nakartai, that sounds fine. I'm thinking for the most part you need rest for rest sake for the most part. Each spell will wear you down. I'd say for any level 5 spells like your sunfire, you can only do those once a day (4 level fives spells total) for the strength it will take you and since if that's your highest your character knows, therefore newest, he might need to review the information on that.

Sound good?