User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Mar 2005, 21:35   #51
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice
Re: Retro Games You Want Remakes Off

they have a 20th anniversary (i think) of megaman on ps2 - all of them in one.. the 1st, 2nd and 3rd changed my life :giggle:

i feel like a gradeschooler

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 08:51   #52
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
ufo.
http://www.ufo-aftermath.com/

or if it'S not that one, there is a UFO game that was a remake with the quake2 engine or something. I only played the demo but it was really quite good.

<edit>

oops, not the one above, but I will leave it there anyway:

here it is, UFO: Alien Invasion

http://ufo.myexp.de/

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 10:18   #53
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point

This is why i have recently purchased -

"Midway arcade Treasures" on the Xbox
and
"Attari Classics" on the PS2

also you guys should just buy a megadrive :P much easier. I did

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 12:30   #54
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekybru
This is why i have recently purchased -

"Midway arcade Treasures" on the Xbox
and
"Attari Classics" on the PS2

also you guys should just buy a megadrive :P much easier. I did
I got the Midway Arcade Treasures also, but why did you purchase the megadrive, as I said before a MD emu on the xbox I've found to be an execellent way to save space and still play your fave games of yesteryear.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 12:58   #55
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I have a megadrive, but no functioning controller :(((

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 18:44   #56
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Are any of those classic compilations anygood though?
I want a Classics collection with SoR 1+2, Golden Axe, Road Rash and others which i can't think of now. Usually those retro collections are mostly shit games in it. :/
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 18:52   #57
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I got the Midway Arcade Treasures also.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 19:52   #58
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I got the Midway Arcade Treasures also, but why did you purchase the megadrive, as I said before a MD emu on the xbox I've found to be an execellent way to save space and still play your fave games of yesteryear.
Ive had the megadrive since yestayear

and yeah i can see how my post suggested otherwise

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 19:57   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I have a megadrive, but no functioning controller ((
I have two spare ones.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 21:04   #60
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Today, it was the 18th birthday of one of my nearest and dearest.

So we bought her a mega drive and Sonic 1/2/3/(+Knuckles), The Lion King, Batman Returns, Castle Of Illusion, World Of Illusion, Streets Of Rage, Super HangOn, The Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe, Ecco The Dolphin and the classic, Road Rash.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 21:10   #61
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *donkie*
Today, it was the 18th birthday of one of my nearest and dearest.

So we bought her a mega drive and Sonic 1/2/3/(+Knuckles), The Lion King, Batman Returns, Castle Of Illusion, World Of Illusion, Streets Of Rage, Super HangOn, The Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe, Ecco The Dolphin and the classic, Road Rash.
Damn, I always found that game frustratingly hard. Megadrive for teh proverbial win though, all those games are classics.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 21:10   #62
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

The Revenge of Shinobi I was really really reeeeeeeeally piss poor at that :\

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 21:12   #63
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Same, though last time I played it I was about 10. Having said that, even then I should have got passed level 2, which I'm not sure I did.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 21:25   #64
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i remember begging to goto some furniture place that had The Lion King playing... god i loved that game, shame i never played more than 5 minutes on it at a time
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 03:15   #65
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Privateer

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/w...0.exe?download
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 03:38   #66
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Madballs, I had it on my old amstrad until the 3" floppy drive packed up... no idea what the point of the game was, not even sure if there was one... but I was only about 5 at the time so didn't need a point... I'd probably rescue Head over Heels from the same system.

Elite, well it never really worked for me on the NES, I learned to fly it on an archimedes with a trackerball and could never dock using the pad, or much else, not enough buttons.

Last, and possibly latest - Solar Jetman from the NES, although having got that running on an emulator it is so much easier with a mid level save function
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 16:53   #67
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Golden Axe
Settlers I -okey, just some small improvements, its bloody even today
Bubble Bobble
Giana Sisters
Utopia (an old amiga game)
Ports Of Call
Sensible Soccer
Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 16:54   #68
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Retro Games You Want Remakes Off

I'd say Rings of Power, but Rings of Power was only good because it was so awful, if you get what I mean.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 17:53   #69
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Can't remember what platform these were on (and can't be arsed to look and see if someone else has posted them) but another two of my favourites were Double Dragon and Snake, Rattle and Roll.

Also Super Smash TV on the NES \0/ (although the 'Super' leads me to believe it was in fact on the SNES. *sigh* shite memory)

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote