Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 16 May 2004, 00:24   #1
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road
Rp Bbq 2004

Right. Take two.

It is, unfortunately, that time again. Yes, I hear you all cry. Get away from me, and never ask me again! Now, on an unrelated note: The BBQ. It seems to be fine with my father, so... yes.

This year, I'm hoping to be better organised, and get some people to bring drinks of some description. Last year, we got through some 20 bottles, or was it more, of mainly cheap drinks. This , whilst being Cheap, was not nessasarily great. So If people would feel... somewhat obliged, to bring a bottle or two of some form of Irn Bru based beverage, I'd be happy

So,who's interested?

The dates, in all likelyhood... [and for my / walrus' sake, as he'd have my head if he couldn't come again...] are any day after the 14th of August, open to suggestions and all

Now. That is all. Post away.

Heiro

[ps: Any Gd'er who happens to be sad enough to read this thread, feel free to mock, abuse or otherwise lightheartedly jest about organising time, lack of organisation, wasteful posting, or other things, such as post bbq photo's, or video. You know, as you were put on this earth to do, annoy us. Still, we aim to please, Have fun.]
[[pps: Can a mod sticky this, please?]]
Unread 16 May 2004, 00:28   #2
Walrus
Paster of Muppets

Walrus is infamous around these partsWalrus is infamous around these parts
Re: Rp Bbq 2004

It would go in my collection of heads. They're great.
Unread 16 May 2004, 01:39   #3
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

gawd, why doesnt everyone live in NZ
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 01:49   #4
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Will go if it is a day I can go by (weekends)
Late august is a good time for me

since I will most probably still be working in a shop come the BBQ, I will bring my fair share of baverages (iron bru WKD for heiro, beer for me, clocacola for everyone else) and possibly lotso cigs (yes, I smoke a lot when I'm having a good time, almost choked to death around Alton Towers )
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 02:20   #5
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

August 14th is one day before my 18th.... It might not be a feasible time, I have work and I might have to do some birthday thing (it's my brother's 21st a few days before).

So I'm not sure. Perhaps some time after the 15th?
Unread 16 May 2004, 06:00   #6
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

hey, anytime after my bday, wow...
Unread 16 May 2004, 11:04   #7
Walrus
Paster of Muppets

He said "Any time after the 14th". Which wouldn't actually include the 14th...
Unread 16 May 2004, 12:34   #8
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

There is a possbility of me coming as long as it is on Saturday or Sunday, sicne i work Monday to Friday. Also as long as it does not end up as late as mid/late septemeber as some of you may know already some amy not, I am going on my holidays then to New York State. Exempting those circumstances there is a slim chance of me being able to come along.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:19   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Enjoy, guys!

No, honestly.

Really.

I'm not up to anything.
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:23   #10
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

irn bru?

as in the soft drink?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:31   #11
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Have fun! Post pictures! Yeah!
Can I come too??!??! I really like the taste of salty goblin!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:48   #12
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Oi Walrus, about your sig...
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:26   #13
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiro
Last year, we got through some 20 bottles
lolly roffle

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:29   #14
Walrus
Paster of Muppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Oi Walrus, about your sig...
Yes?
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:30   #15
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Have fun! Post pictures! Yeah!
Can I come too??!??! I really like the taste of salty goblin!
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
irn bru?
as in the soft drink?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Enjoy, guys!
No, honestly.
Really.
I'm not up to anything.
Don't make me come and look in GD. *shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Will go if it is a day I can go by (weekends)
Late august is a good time for me

(iron bru WKD for heiro, beer for me, clocacola for everyone else)
No. Just no. I do have some taste. And I do drink beer also... you've just gotten confused over the times it's been mentioned.

Takers so far
Walrus
Me
Krak
Acid
Mad Cat?
Dark?
Cyrax?

Last edited by Heiro; 16 May 2004 at 14:31. Reason: Forgotten how to use quotes.
Heiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:37   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
No.
Why not? I can RP along with the best of them! You're just saying that beacause I'm a GD'er! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:40   #17
Walrus
Paster of Muppets

Proof...?
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:42   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus
Proof...?
Ask Cyrax, he knows!
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:54   #19
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Last year, we got through some 20 bottles, or was it more, of mainly cheap drinks.
ONLY 20 BEERS!? :eek:

I am exceedingly disappointed.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 14:55   #20
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Why not? I can RP along with the best of them! You're just saying that beacause I'm a GD'er! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!
I'm pretty sure Giving you photo's by far makes up for not being there.
Unread 16 May 2004, 15:00   #21
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Last year, we got through some 20 bottles, or was it more, of mainly cheap drinks.
Of Irn Bru?

You must have been all hyper-from-sugar as a bunch of giddy schoolgirls!
Unread 16 May 2004, 16:14   #22
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

First Lightning Bolt! post in a roleplaying thread.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 16:42   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sup
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 18:57   #24
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Yeah I'm prolly in if it doesnt clash with hols.
Unread 16 May 2004, 20:49   #25
cressa
Quietly Judging You !

cressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Of Irn Bru?

You must have been all hyper-from-sugar as a bunch of giddy schoolgirls!
Unread 16 May 2004, 21:03   #26
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

*sigh*
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 22:31   #27
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Roleplayers generally don't roleplay when they meet up with each other...

However the only types of conversation I get talking quickly about is computers, games, alcohol, funny stories and possibly subjects that are as random as going to a pub not to meet anyone but to drink water.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:08   #28
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Do you mind if I bring my good old friends, Barbie and Q (Q's from James Bond if you do not know him).
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:25   #29
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

lol, anyone that doesn't know Q from james bond is way behind in movie history
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:37   #30
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
ONLY 20 BEERS!? :eek:

I am exceedingly disappointed.
You may also be upset to hear that very few shrimps were thrown on the "barbie". Mate.
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:39   #31
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

lol, yeah, they always keep dropping through the darned grate
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 May 2004, 03:58   #32
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

i actually wont be goin, unless its in calgary, btw how you get them custom avatars? never been able to figure it out
Unread 17 May 2004, 07:42   #33
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

How did the GD'ers find the post... I'm scared of them...
Dw btw, i'll bring plenty of Irn Bru, and even some vodka for poor ol' Heiro
Unread 17 May 2004, 08:49   #34
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
[ps: Any Gd'er who happens to be sad enough to read this thread, feel free to mock, abuse or otherwise lightheartedly jest about organising time, lack of organisation, wasteful posting, or other things, such as post bbq photo's, or video. You know, as you were put on this earth to do, annoy us. Still, we aim to please, Have fun.]
[[pps: Can a mod sticky this, please?]]
someone can explain this mutual hate?!

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:25   #35
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcharnate
How did the GD'ers find the post... I'm scared of them...
you're scared because we're normal and you're not.
----------retired-------
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:38   #36
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
you're scared because we're normal and you're not.

To me you come over like a pathetic little moron who never wrote a single decent post in the history of these forums pointing like a spast towards some people with a mutual interest going to have some fun at a BBQ
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:42   #37
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

we are all normal in our own way....

*frown*

neways, if I don't find anything interesting to do by then, I might just come over.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:34   #38
Heiro
'Mael'

Good to hear, I'll sort that list later.
Thanks Silversmoke, my sentiments exactly.
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:56   #39
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

To quote from ye holy Fosters Aussie Beer Poem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters Breweries
I believe it's a PRAWN, not a shrimp.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 21:04   #40
Tseia

Tseia is an unknown quantity at this point

Set a date that most people can make and I will do my best to come along. I believe I'm back from Switzerland by the 15th

As to the 20 bottles of Irn Bru, I'm pretty sure our resident Scotsman stole most of them...

or brought most of them. The memory escapes me.
Unread 17 May 2004, 23:28   #41
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

I've got a birthday on the 22nd and a week hol some time on one side of that or the other, hopefully by then I'll also have a car handy, so... I'd better find out when the hol is
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:11   #42
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Silversmoke: Thank-you for refreshing me with your insignificant opinion and stance on my posting career at these forums. I'd like to make a speech as is the norm...I'd like to thank you for you're a prime example of virtual shit and that has helped influence me on these forums.blablabla.

Lighten up already. I poked fun twice and have since stopped. Apologies to everyone who is significant in this thread.
----------retired-------
Unread 18 May 2004, 02:03   #43
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

lol, not insulting you or none, Amdrome2, but you need to insult better

Let's try AcidK's insult techniques #1: Constructive Insult

Yes, swearwords are the 'cool' for the younger generation of teenage, but when you reach 18 the tendancy to use this as an insult becomes as lame as trying to take a duck out for a walk (leash, muzzle and all). When insulting, make it creative ans subtle so that only the most gifted of minds can determine what the senteance of insult you have created has actually meant.

For example, instead of saying 'You Tw*t!', you could instead say:

'You of whom has been born, lived and still sits within the vanerial area of the female inhabitants of the human speicies, such as which has never seen realy like of day, but instead witnessed many 'ins' and 'outs'.'

End class for the week
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 18 May 2004, 11:49   #44
Walrus
Paster of Muppets

Quote:
'You of whom has been born, lived and still sits within the vanerial area of the female inhabitants of the human speicies, such as which has never seen realy like of day, but instead witnessed many 'ins' and 'outs'.'
All right, for a start, that doesn't actually stand as a coherent sentence. And as far as I can tell, vanerial isn't actually a word. Inhabitants of a species? I think you mean members. Hur hur.

As an insult it's ineffective, overwordy, nonesensical and lacks flow.

"Constructive insult" is an oxymoron btw and bears no relevance to anything else in your post.

Unread 18 May 2004, 12:50   #45
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

venerial is a word, it's the same as vaginal (It means the general area of the genetalia)

ve·ne·re·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-nīr-l)
adj.

Transmitted by sexual intercourse.
Of or relating to a sexually transmitted disease.
Of or relating to sexual intercourse.
Of or relating to the genitals.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 18 May 2004, 12:57   #46
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
I'll just stick to "your ignorance becomes you", tyvm

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 13:41   #47
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
For example, instead of saying 'You Tw*t!', you could instead say:

Yeah but then everyone laughs at you because it isn't a particularly fantastic insult at all. In regular society (as opposed to on the net, where intelligent insults work better), a quick sharp insult usually does work best. Simply "you're a penis" or whatever is common, but used more as a jokey insult between friends. If you really want to cut someone down by insulting them, you have to concentrate on some personal feature of them. Plus there's the timing and the tone of your voice.

Plus your insults (I've noticed) invariably rely on the "Well you're so <adjective> that a <very unusual situation> is more likely" or "You're not even <adjective> enough to <do something vaguely linked to the adjective>". Which just sound silly, and take too long to say. People don't want to have to listen to you reel off a 30 second long insult, they get bored of you and walk away.

So goes Tom's Social Lesson #1!

Incidentally, I hope you all have fun at the BBQ, I'm only playing around
Unread 18 May 2004, 15:31   #48
Heiro
'Mael'

Well, all these people who have commitments around the date, bloody suggest one.

And nice one. Anyone who isn't walrus, who can show up Acid, is most welcome to continue posting here. Mainly because his head is too big most of the time, so him being right is almost, almost too much for us to handle.
Unread 18 May 2004, 17:54   #49
Walrus
Paster of Muppets

I'm aware what both vaginal and venereal mean. Vanerial still isn't a word.

It depends very much on the social situation you're in. Short and sharp can be fine, but can also leave you looking like a child. Equally a Blackadder-esque witty diatribe can work much better - or leave you looking like a pretentious git who has spent too much time with a dictionary.

Heiro, I'm working on being able to eat you in one mouthful. Pretty darned close..

More seriously, it's your bbq at your house. That would imply it's up to you to provide a provisional date, wait a week or so then say "Right, you've had your chance to complain." and make it finally final.
Unread 18 May 2004, 18:10   #50
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

In my case the closer to the 16th the better, and msot likely be better to fall upon a saturday more so than a sunday, This being as I somtimes work some Sundays.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote