User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 20:21   #101
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice
Re: Trapped - Icy Darkness

Quote:
Be warned we have a Xeno-mutation on board keep your eyes and ears open.
[ooc] Poopy, someone knows who I am ... or at least what one of the passengers is [ooc]

*Greenith enters the medical bay, and announces his presence to shadowhawk*

Anything good in here? THere must be something worth salvaging...

*Greenith rests his metal pole on the wall directly in front of him and begins digging through the pills, searching blindly for drugs that may counter the drugs in his system. Suddenly a voice appears through the speakers, and warning sirens come on, as the ship shudders violently. losing his balance and stumbling backwards, Greenith knocks the tray of of surgical equipment off its perch, the dirty tools clattering across the floor.*

hmm, if the asteroids dont kill the pilot, then I will.

*Turning to shadowhawk and forcing a smile* Dont you agree? who taught him to fly? hahahah
*Turning away again, Greenith begins digging through the bottles again*

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 21:14   #102
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

By God, I hope someone turns up soon who knows how to pilot this damned thing, because noone taught me how to fly it... No Dachi secretly swore at all the other people on the ship within his head for being so obviously painfully death as to completely miss his urgent request for someone with frelling pilotting skills to get to the damn bridge because he doesn't actually know how to fly at all. No Dachi was so busy running through mental images of the ship careening into an asteroid before bursting into flames and exploding that he nearly allowed just that to happen. Thankfully, at the last moment, he came to his senses and threw the ship hard to the right. The guy on the gun was certainly doing a pretty good job, but nonetheless a few were getting through. No Dachi was not at all enjoying the experience of pilotting a starship, he was trained in rudimentary pilotting of gunships and light civilian aircraft and, very basically, in shuttle flight. Nothing about starships...
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:07   #103
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- sry for not posting havent had access to comp and spring break interupted my usual posting time-ooc

after being banged around and assaulted by sudden noises tobias opens his eyes

uhg have a horrid headach, is there any tylenol around? woa!

falls out of the cryo tube and lands on his face

gets up off the floor and hacks up some bile

aww, shit,

looks around

the hell? were is, oh ****!

shivering tobias wipes his mouth on the back of his hand and looks around, searching for an exit, then his mind registers the alarms

crap! crap! must get out

stands on very wobbly legs and shuffles to the elevator shaft, when he arrives he looks up and gives a moan of dispair

im never going to climb that in my current state, but i have to try

grabs thefirst rung and hauls himself up, surprised at his own lightness

wow i must have really lost a bunch in prison

continues up the ladder and collapses at the top panting desperately for air
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:13   #104
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Moving along the corridor Richard hears a voice coming from in front of him announcing some sort of lockdown. To his still partially frazzled brain this suggests being captured, sealed in. Since this idea is incompatible with his desires he turns around and goes back in the other direction; reaching the ladder just in time to use a rising head as a stepping stone. When he arrives in the front section Richard follows the largest, most obvious, corridor straight into the bridge; where there is someone muttering to himself about flying the ship. He's never pilotted anything his big before, but the controls are fairly obvious, and what's the difference between asteroids and traffic?

"I'll drive."
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:19   #105
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Farle held on a medical bay, Greenith entered, introduced himself and then start searching for pills..
"Yeah, medical stuff, all good."
He smiled, a pained smile, he reached down, picked up a scanner and activated it. Scanning himself, he got some basic medical information, BP, ECG, brainwave activity, he also got a warning about the large amount of metal strewn about his body. He ignored the warning and focus the scanner on the implant installed into his neck.

Needs a doctor, damnit Farle thought, he put the scanner on the table and went over to the downed medical supplies. He smiled briefly at Greenith, before looking at afew bottles, Dimorphine, Diproxmol, Xylar.. Farle glanced at Greenith, waiting until he looks away, then slipped the bottle of Xylar into his pocket (Or cyrosuit)

Could be useful...
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:39   #106
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

*Giving up his fruitless search for the time being, Greenith steps backwards away from the box, and nearly falls over AGAIN, as he steps on something and loses his balance. Enraged at everything causing him to lose footing, Greenith turns to destroy the offending object. his rage turns to curiousity in an instant. Pickign up the object, what appears to be a small crystal, Greenith studies it and it dawns on him. a laser crystal! I remember one of these from long ago, im sure i could use it for leverage... Holding the crystal in front of him, but out of reach of farle, Greenith mentions noticably.*

oh look, a laser crystal, its my lucky day, ive been looking for one of these.

Unread 8 Apr 2004, 09:43   #107
No Dachi

"Thank God for that, she's all yours," No Dachi replied with evident relief, awkwardly rising from the pilot's chair to allow the newcomer to sit down. Picking up the shotgun, No Dachi loads it up to full with the bright red 'pain cartridges' before pumping the ammunition home with a satisfying clicking noise. This done, he leans easily against the high back of the co-pilot's chair and aims the shotgun at stomach height on the bridge door.

"I'll make sure nothin' happens to break your concentration there, friend." He spoke to the pilot but kept the gun and his eyes fixed on the door...

Unread 8 Apr 2004, 11:49   #108
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack after a frantic search noticed there were 2 manual overrides, 1 on the bridge and 1 here in engineering, deciding not to waste any more time waiting for the other guy to find the right buttons, he once more opened a coms channel to the bridge*

"If you're not to busy flying, get over to the operations console, all the way in the left should be a touchscreen computer, open the internal systems menu, then damage control, then the emergency lockdown controls, hit the manual override button there and try to be fast about it, that hole is growing by the second."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 18:31   #109
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

ooc it doesnt help that im usually asleep when you all post /ooc

*Zorro gets a good look over the control system. He finally activates the emergency sealing system and switches over to the cryo chamber, and readies to activate the seal when Flapjack does.*

"All right! Ready when you are!"

*Zorro flips the switch as soon as Flapjack does*
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 19:03   #110
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack quickly activates the seal, the green light indicating an open lock switched to orange when the seal started and would switch to red the moment it completed, but flapjack was already busy rerouting additional power from the cryo chamber systems to the bridge and engineering systems, as well as shutting down all the systems in the habitation area and rerouting that to the main thrusters, his left hand leaning on the coms button again*

"Never mind that, seal innitiated, i'm also rerouting power from cryo and hab to thrusters, may i also note the top turret is online and unmanned, i suggest someone gets over there and mans that turret, internal sensors show 4 people in the med bay i must add."

*as soon as he finishes, flapjack continues looking through the damage control, trying to figure out which of the 3 damaged ion drives he'll be able to fix fastest*

Unread 9 Apr 2004, 00:30   #111
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

gets up off the floor and heads to he med bay and leans on the doorjam

*pant* *pant* hello, and who are you people
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 12:30   #112
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Turing the corner to enter the med bay with sharp turn, lookinga t all oterhs gathered around the room.
"Never as simplea s it seems right all of you out of my way there somone injured here. So is cosndeired a priority patient"
her voice ringing with authority clearly used to givng orders in other such rooms as this. LAying down Joseph onto one of the beds, hurrying herself across to a series of lockers agasint the wall, quickly typing in a code on a few of them palcing a few palstic contianers down by the sdie of the bed. as lcokers seemly clsoe themlves.
"Im afraid youll have to be concious for this but the good news is I can numb the nerves with local anasetic so it wont hurt for while at least. If you feel any disomfort do say ill try my best not to cause any for you"

Ada smilling soflty her training come throug,
"Reasure the patient its all right, then work on the wound"
The wrds repating in her min as she gets to work on the damaged leg with a various amount of instruments at hand.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 13:09   #113
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Fluffie moans softly, though seemingly not having lost his 'funny touch'.

"I can take the pain doc. Get me walking..."

Seconds later another shock of pain hits his leg, making him grind his teeth together. He starts thinking to himself about "discomfort", but refrains from any comments about that...

"Anything I can do to help, or is staying very still the best option?"
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 13:43   #114
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Looks up at Jospeh obviusly concentrating on what she is doing or rather what she was doing.
"just keep still as posisble the anastetic will have taking effect now this wont take long just matter of repairing what tissue damage I can and then putting closing up the wound after adding some of what theh call false skin to encoruage the wound to seal itself quicker. No sars an no perminent limp or anyhting I kow what im doing, though anymore of bad jokes and might add limp for effect"
Smilling curisly nehte jokinly or serious, going back to her work.

Last edited by Darkling; 9 Apr 2004 at 13:48.
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 16:05   #115
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Fluffie, now a bit scared of the lady , simply stays quiet and holds still. Very still. So far he had liked his existance, without limping. And that was fine, just fine.

Wow.

Shit.

Something got through to Fluffie (again). HE was (supposedly) a criminal. He was ABOARD a ship FERRYING criminals.

He remembered his leg.

Fluffie stayed quiet and still. Hoping, just hoping, for the best. Really, the very, very best.
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 20:00   #116
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Gerald colapses from his chamber as the front glass echos resoundingly open in the cold room. Staggering forward, he hits the deck hard, stumbling into unconsciousness.

The blackness dissappears, his peripheral vision slowly coming back to him, as he gets up and staggers, his head spinning, out of the chamber, into the section beyond. Looking dazed he grabs the rungs and hoists himself up and out of the section Hitting the floor again, he vomits, and looks weakly around the room at the many convicts trying to seal the doors

"Well bugger."

Last edited by Heiro; 9 Apr 2004 at 20:10.
Heiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 20:31   #117
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Time for some DM'age.

With another violent shudder and bad noises, a asteroid slips through the defences and rams right into the cryo-chamber. This time, another dent appears, and the sound of escapeing air get's louder. [As of this point I'm being nice, and all those who have NOT already left the cryo-chamber quickly get their asses out of there.]. The emergency sealing systems activate right as the last person escapes, closing off the cyro-chamber. Another violent shudder, then the ship lurches violently.

Bridge
No Dachi - Having been relieved of the task of piloting this ship, you notice as you reload your shotgun that many of the rounds have decayed. Your military training takes over as your casually throw them out, saving only the good ones. In addition, you happen to take a look at the various display panels, and notice a fuzzy sensor readout on one panel of what appears to be the current system you are in. Looking at it, you take note of the system you are in.
  1. System Information
  2. Blue Dwarf Star
  3. Class O Planetoid - Barren, no atmosphere, volcanic
  4. Class Y Planetoid - Hostile, Carbon/Ammonia Atmosphere, Level XII Storms constant
  5. Class O Planetoid - Barren, no atmosphere, volcanic
  6. Class L Gas Planet - 400,000 Kilometers in diameter, iron/nickle core, 3 layer rings, 23 moons
  7. Asteroid Field - Level 4 Density - Navigation Hazard, avoid at all costs.
  8. Class N Planetoid - Oxygen/Nitrogen/Carbon Dioxide Atmosphere, average temperatures: -50C. Note: Detecting Observation Installation Becon.
  9. Class I Planetoid - Barren, no atmosphere, inert
  10. Asteroid Field - Level 4 Density - Navigation Hazard, avoid at all costs
  11. Class I Planetoid - Barren, no atmosphere, inert
On that display, there is a red triangle in the middle of the outer asteroid ring. A small legend indicates that this triangle is your ship.
Richpur - Congradulations, you are now piloting a large spacecraft. While your driving experience is pretty good, this being one of the first times you have been piloting a ship in a 3-Dimensional environemnt is a little overwhelming, espicially as you try to figure out the controls. As this happens, you notice that the asteroid storm seems to be getting denser. In addition, you are to see what appears to be two large planets past the asteroids. A quick check of your sensors indicates that the space behind you seems to be filling up rapidly with asteroids.

Gun Turret
Aglarzir - You are able to use the gun turret to destroy many incoming asteroids. However, with each shot fired, you notice the Twin Plasma Cannons drawing less and less energy, with the plasma projectiles getting less bright and smaller. Firing at another asteroid, instead of it partially vaporizing like the previous ones, it instead explodes violently, sending thousands of tiny shards of rock into the ship. You hear them pinging against the hull, then strike the transparent canopy that stands between you and the vacume of space. The shards strike like machine gun fire, and you watch as cracks start appearing.

Medical Bay
Darkling - As you patch up Fluffie's leg, you start to feel your hands shake slightly. You know that this is part of the withdrawl symtoms, uncontrolled shaking of hands and feet. Clentching your fists, you manage to regain control, but know that if you don't get some of the drug Xylar, your shaking will become uncontrolled. You are able to stop the bleeding and almost finish patching up the leg.
Fluffie - As you watch Darkling patch up your leg, you notice her hands start to shake slightly. Granted you are suffering from lack of blood and the effects of the painkillers, so it could be your imagination.
General D. Eath - As you look at the focusing crystal, you see someone stare intently on it. He looks like he's been through the bad side of hell, with large chunks of his body obvious cybernetic, along with his human side look pretty ill.
ShadowHawk - As you look around, you are assualted by painful flashes of memory, mostly of pain, suffering, and more pain. You suddenly remember this is where they performed the surgery that implanted the implant into your body, along with removing certain components. As you look around, you see someone holding the focusing crystal for your energy cannon in your arm. (If by the time I DM next you have NOT posted your profile for all to see, there will be dire consequences).
Mad Cat - As you stumble in and see the various people, you stumble around, still in a daze.

Engineering
Flapjack - As you look at the engines, you see that the 3 ion drives that are down all have burned out components, as if they had been running for a long time that FAR exceeded the recommended limits for contant activation. Without replacement parts, such as fuel injectors, focusing crystals, ion streamers, those engines will never run again. As for the fourth, the readouts for it show that it is mostly in the red-lines in terms of damage. As you walk around, you stumble onto a plasma cutting torch that can create a plasma bean 1 meter in length for cutting purposes.
Zorro - As you check the various systems, you notice many patches of the hull are highlighted in yellow, indicating moderate damage and strain, which is not good. In addition, many other sections, specifically the cyro-chamber, are highlighted in red. As you watch, the area around one of the forward gun turrets turns from yellow to red.

Connecting Spine
Spritely Zombie / Gokan - I DM'ed you leaving so that you would not die due to you not posting. Waiting for you to do something clever.
Zappa Tenderlea - I DM'ed you leaving so that you would not die, due to you not posting. Wating for you to do something clever.
Heiro - As you lie on the deck, you look to the side to see a crate fall. As it hits the ground it bursts open, revealing inside survival gear, ranging from all-weather clothing to emergency food rations to a basic first-aid kit. In addition, you see a small hunting knife and a crowbar, along with what looks to be a flare pistol.

Last edited by Bakan; 11 Apr 2004 at 05:01.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 20:41   #118
Darkling

"Of all the.."
Pulling ehr hands away from alsmot finshed oepration steading herself barly, quickly finsihing it off the wound compelty sealed, only some slightly discoloured looking flesh a sing anyhting was there.
"Your lucky I was about finshed if that was happening when i was working near a blood vessel"
Quickly packing away some of the odd looking intrusment otehrs being placed on a tray with loackable lid trying to hold back her hands from shaking.
"Right you can walk on it dont, might seem odd first off all, as the leg is still going to be numb. Sadly the current situation doesnt give us much choice."
Anotehr shudder hits the ship Ada toppling over this time her ewls no logner able to support her fully, falling onto her back with thump, groaning to herself
"whats happening out there."
Mutteirng loudly to herself in a frustrated manner rubbing a spot on her back feeling her heart rate icnrease and stomach start grumble unhealthy.
"Not now"
Cursing silently crawling onto her hands and knee's to stand up again trying tos teady herself once more.

Last edited by Darkling; 9 Apr 2004 at 20:51.
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 21:26   #119
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack quickly went over the battery controls to check the energy levels in them, as well as calling up damage reports for whatever hull armor and polarization and shields where availble, the plasma cutter lying on the console next to him where nobody would be able to grab it without getting past him, but he quickly found that other then some broken shield generators, there wasn't anything aboard that would help even a bit*

"How is this ship holding up, because we don't have any defenses for the moment."

*Flapjack then grabbed his plasma cutter and rushed over to 1 of the panels, quickly undoing the attachments and crawling into a small crawlspace, beyond which the shield generator sat. Using the small diagnostic panel attached flapjack attempted to determine the extent of the damages to the generator*

Unread 9 Apr 2004, 22:33   #120
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie sighs with relief as Ada finishes the 'repairs' of his leg. Lifting his head and looking at her, he smiles thankfully. Seeing her fall down, his facial expression changes from a smile to a frown, a sad one. Obviously, there was... something wrong with her. He didn't know what that was, nor what he could do to help... Not that he could do much, he figured the severe weakness he was feeling must've been due to a lot of blood having lost his body, blood that wouldn't be fastly replaced.

Muttering softly, he speaks again.

"Wish... Really do... That I could help you, but I'm feeling weak like hell."

He stops talking, only to recontinue a few seconds later, having taken in a few, rugged breaths before-hand.

"But... Do you think you could find.. Some.. Replacement blood, or, something to replace it by?"

He lets his head lay down again, taking in a long breath, continueing his little 'speech' once more.

"Not that I'm a doctor. But all that, lost, blood.. Ought to be replaced, right?"
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 22:46   #121
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack quickly determined that the powercables were damaged pretty badly and would probably need replacing. He quickly realised there were 4 ion drives, only 1 was working, the powercables of the other 3 looked fine when he first saw them and thus he ran over, another asteroid impact rocking the ship as he arrived, and checked the closest cable. It was in almost perfect condition and would do just fine as a replacement for the broken cable. Thus flapjack grabbed his plasma cutter and quickly undid the attachments of the cable.*

*With the cable now removed, flapjack rushed back to the shield generator and removed the broken cable on both sides, not bothering to check which areas were and weren't damaged and attached the new cable to the powercouplings. After quickly finishing this repair, flapjack got out of the crawlspace again, not bothering to seal it behind him and rushed over to the power controls, where he diverted all power from the emergency batteries directly into the shield generator, as well as the power that he was using to boost the thruster above normal power and punched in the activation keys, the generator immediatly humming with power as the emergency battery levels began to drop at an alarming rate. Flapjack then got back to his damage control station and hit the comm button again, this time holding the plasma cutter in his left hand*

"Flapjack to the bridge, shields should be coming up any moment, or at least, i hope they will. Oh and the other ion drives can be repaired, but only with some spare parts or a lot of spare time, we should go through the entire ship looking for spare parts, i'll have my friend here bring over a list of what i need as soon as i make 1, engineering out."

Unread 10 Apr 2004, 06:04   #122
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro, who has been preoccupied with the amount of damage that the ship seems to have sustained, hears Flapjack over the com and notes he will need something to write on if he is to be carrying lists around. Initially, he doesn't find much, and determines to just memorize what he needs. He'd had to memorize things back when he was in intelligence after all. He begins to wonder aloud, as he again looks over the situation*

"What in the world could have happened here? WIth everything damaged as bad as it is.....no trace of the crew....where could they have gone? Judging by the fact the ship isn't in 300 pieces, it shouldn't have been asteroid related.....of course! There should be some sort of audio-visual log on the bridge somewhere. Perhaps we should check that to see what happened."
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 13:07   #123
Aglarzir

Aglarzir is an unknown quantity at this point

*"Bridge we have more then just a slight problem, the bottom turret is going down and there isn't gonna be anything I can do about it. When it goes down we will be without covering fire for about 15 seconds and a possible decompression will occur brace yourselves." 15 seconds he wonderd if he could make it to the top gun in that time... powering down the turret before exiting was a must it would be putting a drain on the engines even if the gun wasn't firing, he finished making checks as he noticed the cracks becoming deeper and more definate. Exhaleing as a precaution he knew his body would be able to handle this sort of state for at least 30 seconds before he became disorientated pulling himself out of the hatch he swings round gripping onto the ladder and hits the close on the pannel for the guns door. As it closes he see the glass of the buble crack and break and decompression begins. The seconds it takes for the door to close seem like hours as he grips hold of the ladder firmly and hoists himself clear of the closing doors even against the pressure of the escaping air. Door closed he realises he has 5 seconds left to get up to the top turret, using his legs to boost himself up the ladder and into the top turret he grabs at the ladder with one hand and presses the button for the gun hatch to open with the other.*

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Aglarzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 13:39   #124
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
John, not trained for such situations, starts panicking slightly, but eventualy, his survivalinstincts pop up, and he heads off in a random direction that does not make him smash into a wall or fall down somewhere really deep or anything, in hopes of finding something usefull, wether that is information, food, weapons, a way to escape, or something else (direction Bridge, but he doesn't know that...)

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 05:02   #125
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Note: Made slight updates to the previous DM post.
Unread 11 Apr 2004, 15:38   #126
No Dachi

Reasoning that the pilot probably didn't want to be interrupted by replying to this message, No Dachi took on the role of systems lieutenant for a moment and pressed a sequance of buttons so that he was transmitting to the lower gun turret, in order that the gunner and apparently ex-lieutenant commander would hear the warning.

"Recieved, I'll hit the sealant bulkhead in twenty seconds, so you'll need to hot-foot it out of there." From the wireframe schematic screen, it was apparent that the man had had the sense to start the door closing. However, the door in question was just slightly thicker than a standard ship door, and so it wasn't particularly strong. For safety's sake it was better to close the emergency bulkhead as well, which would put a more reassuring width of metal between the decompressed area and the rest of the ship. The door was closing reasonably fast, and would do so before the twenty seconds were out, so figuring that if the door closed the man was dead anyway, No Dachi waited untill he could see that the door was shut before closing the emergency bulkhead as well. The ship was now safely sealed off again, untill the next impact. There'd been a lot of breaches, so No Dachi checked the atmosphere pressure of the ship warily before switching his attention back to the sensor screen. The ship was getting pretty badly beaten up by the look of things, so the best thing to do would be to set down somewhere, allowing the new 'crew' to get their bearings and repair whatever they could. This would be a lot easier and more enjoyable if they could get to a planet with breathable atmosphere. Unfortunatly the only planet with a nitrogen-oxygen blend, not even looking at the proportions thereof, was at an average temperature of -50 degrees. However, there was something interesting about the planet, in that something on it was emitting a long-range signal similar to those used by military observation beacons. No Dachi set about trying to trace the signal to a specific point on the planet's surface...

Unread 12 Apr 2004, 00:02   #127
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

As Richard plays about with the controls getting the hang of what buttons do which direction he notices that each time he pushes something it takes longer to respond. There can in his experience be only one reason for this, lack of fuel. Since this is generally a bad thing Richard begins to look for refueling places.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be many signposts in the asteroid field, so Richard actually flies in approximately circular spirals through the hurtling fragments of rock, gradually drifting 'down' towards a planet. looking from a certain angle like he's lost on a roundabout.

After a few minutes a siren goes off and, while Richard doesn't recognise it, he assumes it is following him and puts the ship into what could be called a drop. It could also be called a controlled dive, but only from a long distance. On the console nearby he notices another person searching for the site of a signal of some kind, presumably a refueling station, and while he can't make out the actual position he is working out Richard tries to make the planet look about the same as the map shows; assuming the signposting will get clearer as the get closer.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 04:18   #128
Mad cat

ooc-damn tiger balm-ooc
bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.... god i feel like crap i need somewhere to lie down, before i puke again

looks around hurredly, makes a weird face and drops to the floor just inside the doorway
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 23:01   #129
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro takes note of the damaged areas and watches the forward turret go from yellow to red. Red was always a bad color. He gets on the com*

"The ship is actively taking damage! One of the forward turrets has just been hit! Judging from this readout, the cyro chambers also in really bad shape. Recomend avoiding those areas unless it is vitally necesarry, at least until repairs can be made or the shields repaired."

*Zorro goes through the computer desperately trying to figure out if there is some sort of emergency shield generator or automated repair robot or SOMEthing......*
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 23:34   #130
Aglarzir

*Watching the bulkhead closing from his position on the ladder, he dived hitting the floor hard and rolling under the bulk head door it trapping part of his grey prison suit and ripping part of the left arm off. Standing up slowly he decided that there was nothing more he could do, he wasn't a qualified engineer and so he made he way to the crews quaters in hope of finding some new clothes and a possible reason as to why the ship had been put in such a bad position in the first place.*

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 00:20   #131
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Greenith takes notice of all of the other people who have entered the medical bay, particularly the doctor, as she is female, and carries the normal feminine characterisitics, but mainly for the fact that she is obviously knowledgeable of the human body. Even Greenith can see that she is a doctor. she might prove useful...
Greenith then notices Farle studying the crystal he holds*
its very interesting isnt it? i wonder if it has any uses.... *looks farle up and down* probably quite a few for you, id assume.

well i suppose ill give it to you
*Greenith holds the crystal out to Farle, and then quickly pulls it back and pockets it before Farle can reach it*

That is, if you do something for ME first.

*a shudder rocks the ship, and more sirens go off, and the ship is felt to be turning hard, as richard spirals it downward. Greenith falls against the counter, just barely catching himself with his metal pole. Agitated, he rights himself and looks at farle*

namely, helping me remove these retched chemicals from my body!!

Unread 13 Apr 2004, 05:30   #132
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Outside the ship, the shields, long since dormant, start to form. Resembling a red sphere surrounding teh ship, it does not instantly appear around the ship. Instead it slowely encircles the ship, leaving behind many gaps that are slowely closing up. Yet, as if some great being threw it, a asteroid streaked through one of the holes. Streaking through space, it smashes right through the former cryo-chamber and into the engineering section.*

*Inside the ship, all the lights turn off, then coming back on, but this time only in dark reds. Along with the violent shuddering and alarms blarring again, the ship noticibly starts to tilt. To those near consoles, you see that the last remaining engine has overloaded and pulsed, destabilizing the critical balance that held the ship in relative control. This overload also has the effect of destroying the last remaining engine, along with most of the aft thrusters.*

Bridge
As the ship starts to spin out of control, you see that it is rapidly approaching the nearby planet, one that the sensors registered had a atmosphere that could suport life. The ships computer, detecting critical damage, starts emegency landing procedures, mainly using the remaining thrusters to point the ship towards the planet in a angle that will bring it in a ballistic path. In addition the shields, amazingly still somewhat operational, intensify in the fore and lower sides of the ship as it starts to skim the atmosphere.

Medical Bay
You all are thrown violently to the ground by the shaking of the ship. Random medcial equipment runs along the ground, then the lights in the medical bay turn a dark blue, and you feel weightless.
Computer Voice: Emergency crash prodecures activated: Back-up Inertia dampners activated for Medical Bay. Inertia Dampners will last for 15 minutes before failing, please treat all wounded crewmembers as quickly as possible and prepare for crash.

[DM Note] The inertia dampners are a last ditch backup system. When activated, they last a certain amount of time before failing, but during that time they negate all inertia/outside kinetic influences, basically creating a calm in the storm. However while this is activated, the medical bay is sealed off from the rest of the ship. It was installed in the medical bay to give the medical staff extra time to prepare wounded crewmembers for the rigors of a crash landing. [/DM Note]

Engineering
Sparks fly from the ruins of the last remaining engine, with flames spewing from the wreckage. Power readouts are flashing crazyily as the ship's computer tries desperatly to isolate the emergency batteries from the rest of the grid, while diverting enough power to the shields and thrusters for a emergency landing.

ALL
Computer Voice: Warning: Critical Damage to ship, initiating emergency landing procedures. All Hands prepare for emegency landing. Warning, Hull breaches appearing in Aft Cargo Bay #2 and Connector Spin. All hands evacuate those sections. Warning: Critical Damage to ship, initiating emergency landing procedures......

[DM Note for All]
If you do NOT post within the next day or two, I will assume you ahve left the thread, and thus your character will..... umm... die...... or wish he/she was dead. Exceptions will be made if you let me know in advance that you can't post something. Next DM post......... THE CRASH!!!
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 06:37   #133
Darkling

"I hate this one"
A sigh as Ada reaching into herself to calm her nerves, resolving her mind and focus. Conrtlling ehr shaking body for now. Flaoting easly over to some cabinets starting to put togethor a mediacl pack of all essentail supplies and some non essentail strapping it eeasly around her waist with tis clips. Kicking her feet back agaist the wall to fly towards, flying just past some at the entrance to grab the box of supplies thta someone left in a mess not taht should ahve bene out in the fiurst place, putting some more neccasery supplies into her pack. The world just blruing around her as she goes about her duties as she was trained to.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 10:37   #134
No Dachi

The bridge was a scene of comparative calm to the chaos elsewhere in the ship, with the worst to show being a few sparking consoles displaying angry red warnings, but nonetheless No Dachi was unable to appreciate his good fortune. He had sagged back against the wall of the bridge and slumped to a sitting position on the floor, eyes vacant, face pallid...

"The engines are out! The engines are out! Some kind of explosion - I didn't see any missiles on the sensors, must've been an equipment malfunction," The pilot's voice came loud and abrasive over the shuttle's radio, laced with static. He was clearly losing it. The pilot wasn't special forces trained, he was just some flunkey officer from the ship. "Brace for impact! Brace for impact! We've lost the engines in the middle of re-entry, we're going down!" No Dachi could already feel the pull of the G-force becoming more violent and acting from different directions as the shuttle craft lost its minimal turbulence re-entry course and plunged at random through the atmosphere. All around him, the other commandos braced themselves against the inside of the shuttle's cargo bay, silent, their expressions invisible because of the black masks they wore. Toward the bridge door, the starboard side of the bay began to glow orange with heat from the re-entry and, seconds later, and explosion tore through the midst of the ship, rending it in two, with the bridge section being blown forwards and then being spun back by the air resistance, past the gaping hole in the front of the ship. No Dachi watched the front part of the wreck-to-be go flying back past the porthole window behind him, before exploding in a shower of debris and flame. The remains of the shuttle were into the atmosphere-proper now, and No Dachi could see a sea of clouds below them, towering tall into the alien sky. In a few moments, they were at the tips of these towers, then through the base of the towers, then the ground loomed. No Dachi offered one last, quick prayer to whatever gods were watching and prepared himself for death...

Unread 13 Apr 2004, 12:18   #135
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack reacted almost instantly, purging the last ion drives' reactor chamber of fuel to prevent a critical overload while at the same time powering down all weapon systems, bracing himself as the rolled seemingly randomly and the artificial gravity systems failed, red lights going on and off everwhere while the emergency seals where no longer responding, atmospheric pressure was dropping almost as fast as their altitude was, in a last ditch effort to retain control flapjack activated the manual overrides on the airlocks, allowing him to use them as a sort of maneuvering thrusters to try and level the craft out before it slammed into the atmosphere. Outside several jets of air where expelled as several of the airlocks opened suddenly, at least partially bringing the ship out of the spin it was going into.*

*With this finished, flapjack knew he could nothing more then survive the crash, thus he quickly turned the chair to face backwards and strapped himself in, the console retracting into the wall so it wouldn't smash into him during the crash. Flapjack once more hit the comms button*

"Last ion engine is out, atmospheric leaks in several areas, reserve air supply used up almost entirely, preparing for the crash here."

Unread 13 Apr 2004, 20:14   #136
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro, while strapping himself in to prepare for the crash, wondered how it was that they could have ended up in this situation in the first place. Surely the crew must have known there was an asteroid field here, or at least would have altered their route upon seeing it. Quite mysterious indeed, but right now there were more urgent matters at hand, for now the mystery had to be put on hold for mere survival*
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 20:26   #137
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
John, slightly startled by the computervoice, hastens his exploration, stumbling into the bridge, and tumbling over his own feet as he tries to stop before hitting anyone in there. getting up slowly, he looks around again... hoping to find some place he can strap himself in... or a weapon... anything to make him feel safe

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 00:17   #138
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Greenith was once again thrown to the ground. unable to get up as the ship lurched violently back and forth, He was hit in the head with a drawer of medicine bottles,and narrowly avoided being covered in pointy scalpels falling off a counter. He looked just in time to catch his metal pole come crashing down onto the bridge of his nose. Expecting a painful blow, Greenith tightened up and waited with his eyes closed. but the blow never came. opening his eyes again, he saw the room bathed in blue light, and the pole hovering less than an inch above his face*

hmm interesting....

*grabbing the pole and standing up suddenly, Greenith realised he was pretty much weightless. uncomfortable with the feeling, he quickly grabbed the edge of a counter to keep himself down,and twirled the metal pole in his free hand, enjoying the ease with which it moved, and the speed at which it twirled. He awaited farles response*

Unread 14 Apr 2004, 06:05   #139
Mad cat

as he slides around on the floor tobias reaches out and is lifted off the floor then suddenly stops as the inertia negators kick in

interesting feeling every time

stands up and looks about for a short time with a toughtful look on his face

allright, so we are probably pre assured that we will die, but to minimize the injuries i would suggest getting into one of the cabinets and bracing yourselves, this will be bumpy

follows his own advise and gets into a floor cabinet, clears it out of all moveable objects and lies down with his back to the wall, clenching his fists and biting his lower lip he braces himself, and waits
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 14:05   #140
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie gets up, feeling like utter poop, but guessing that he really should... like... strap himself in before the crash. Life probably wasn't going to be sweet, or so his mind guessed. He should... get stuff that would make his life semi-easier. Or stuff like that.

Thinking still made him see ducks in the corners of his eyes.

Beginning to float around the Med-Bay, looking a bit pale due to have lost "a bit of blood", he starts looking for gear, equipment. Whatever he could find. He made a mental note of the need to grab onto something soon, there was... like... something of a crash due.

Oh look, ducks!

Cursing and rapidly shaking his head, he scared them away. This wasn't a time for ducks. This was a time for serious effort in order to survive. Trying to ignoring the medication-inflicted-woozy-ness inside his body, Fluffie continues floating around the Med Bay, probably generally evading everyone else there, looking for whatever would strike him as useful.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 17:35   #141
Darkling

Galring harshly at Jospeh
"Get back on the bed this is medical bay of ship after all you think they dont plan for such emervenys, its bolted firmly into the floor and proven to be bale to stand the hardest crashes. Apply the straps at side to yuorsself if want and clip them in and get out fo the way."
A dominating tone and sharp glare as Ada finishes packing up what she neesd for her pouch. Trying to lock up any sharp objects away quickly before the crash so they dont cause injury during it
"Amateurs complete amateurs"
Mumbling very loudly to herself feeling her stomach start rebel against her right now, swalling the uneasy feeling down barly as she flaots freely over to a low lying desk, a palin uncomftable chair rising up from the floor, its roots bolted firmly to the deck plate. Two straps at the chest and waist area dnagling freely in the zero gravity enviroment, hastfully tightning them painfully around her sighing to herself starting to lsoe optamsi rapidly that this wont end bad.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 17:46   #142
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie, Joseph, watches Ada and listens to her, no more ducks appearing in the corner, nor anywhere else, of his vision. He ponders for a second as she straps herself in, floating in mid-air.

"But I haven't found any... erh... stuff yet."

Sighing, Fluffie obeys the life-saver lady and straps himself in, somewhere. Real tight.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 22:36   #143
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Greenith notices everyone else beginning to strap in and hide, and gets the idea. He stops twirling his pole and borrows one of fluffies straps, looping it around his waste and tying it tight. He braces himself for impact*

Unread 14 Apr 2004, 23:11   #144
Aglarzir

*After getting through the bulkhead he hears a crash from behind the large metallic door as it grinds closed. The lights flicker and the ship shakes violently throwing him from his comfortable position on the floor into a nearby wall. Bruised and battered the strong soldier pulls himself up and with the entire ship off balance manages to crawl the 25 something feet without being thrown around that much again. Reaching up he manages to open the bridge door and crawl inside. Closing the door behind him, looking to his left he spots the guy he thought was Mark he wasn't with it and soon he knew he wouldn't be either. Smiling briefly he wonderd how long before the end came to this savage roller coaster, he sits back against the wall opposite the armed soldier and wonders when he will see Selina again, soon or if he wasn't as much deadmeat as he had assumed.*

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 01:12   #145
Richpur
Just call me sir.

"Red lights." Richard mutters to himself. "Lots of red lights."

This happens to be an apt description of the board showing him thruster capabilities. Since he doesn't know this however, Richard keeps trying to pull the ship up, instinctively knowing that it is best to have your head pointing away from the ground when hitting it. Not much happens, with random thrusters firing at random points, apparently controlled by the computer although some seem to be matching Richard's efforts, gradually tilting the vessel into a less insane dive. Unfortunately this new, less suicidal path, happens to intersect a mountain, which is shortly filling the nav screen.

"Shit." Richard says "I hope this bucket of bolts has an airbag."
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:00   #146
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Gerald hears the warning, and begins to panic. His heart rate raises uncontrollably, and he quickly and hurridly collects the equipment from the storage crate, and as fast as he can, donning the suit and stowing the weapons. His heart rate subsides, and he remembers his training. Crash proceedure, at least in his mind, clearly states: Get down, curl up and pray.

So this is what he does. And pray, he begins to do.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:36   #147
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Farle notices a small datapad, hidden beneath some of the pill bottles. He digs it out and starts to scan read it, looking at what's on it. Data on medical procedures, data on crew medical files, then he notices some other files, bringing them to the front, he sees they are prisoner medical files.

Interesting... He thought, scrolling through each prisoner, until he sees the woman, medical tech, addicted to Xylar....

Xylar, Farle thought, the stuff I have....

Greenith started to talk to him, Farle half-listened, eventually slipping the datapad into his cyrosuit..

helping me remove these retched chemicals from my body!!

Farle smiled, basic biology was among the stuff he had downloaded from the facility, along nearly all the medical textbooks and doctors pages. He was sure he couldn't do much, since much of the methods of surgery were scrambled during the download, but much of the toxicology and chemical information remained, along with a sizable chunk of drug-specific information.

He pulled a bottle from the pile, glancing at the name, chance have it he'd found the right one, the name was missing, ripped off by some guard to stop the prisoners knowing which one was the drug flusher, but Farle knew the chemical symbols written it. Pulling a tablet from it, he opened it and poured 3/4th's of the material inside away, leaving only a small about of the drug flusher inside, he then closed it up and then waved it at Greenith.

"This will purge your system, it won’t be a pleasant experience, but it should be finished within the hour.”

Farle heard the announcement, Ship crashing? Nice piloting… he thought, he watched the woman strap herself into a chair, he recognised her from the medical files.

He wraps himself around one of the bolted medical beds, alining himself in such a way to minimise impact effect on himself, also relying on the series of motion limiters connected to weakspots on his spine.

Lets not die..
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 06:15   #148
Bakan
To Old to Die......

ALL
*With the ship shaking even more violently, it drops down through the atmosphere of the planet. It's shields, barely operational manage to reflect most of the friction from reentry, however great section of the hull are scortched as the tremendous heat manages to work it's way through. Looking like a flaming asteroid, the inside of the ship is shaken about violently, with several panels exploding under the stresses. Slowley the remaining thrusters are able to slow down the ship from less terminal speeds, just in time for the shield generators fail, them to exploding. Buffered by sudden winds, the ship starts weaving about.*

Bridge
Richard - As you fight the controls, watching the mountain rush towards the screen, you in desperation his a random series of buttons. With a stomach churning jerk, the ship heaves over to the side, scrapping it's port side again the mountain, cause the entire ship to shudder. Break past, your controls explode in sparks as the last thing you see is ice covered mountains rushing towards you.
Zappa Tenderlea - Cowering in the corner of the bridge you catch sight of the outside through the viewscreen, of the onrushing plundge through the atmosphere. Holding yourself in place, you find yourself coincidently at the communications station. Despite you panic, you take a look and see, surprisingly, a signal is being recieved by the ship. Apparently the ship reconizes it, for there is a ID number associated with the it, with the number highlighted in red.
Aglarzir - Entering the bridge in a panic, you see the plundge through the atmosphere through the viewscreen. As you brace yourself for the impact, you see the readouts of the ship's systems just in time to watch the entire shield grid go up in smoke. Far to quickly, the entire outer hull is flashing with stress warnings.
No Dachi - As you recall the past, you are thrown across the bridge. Your blank eyes stare out at the viewscreen unseeing, then with another violently throw, you are slammed into a nearby bulkhead, landing against you shoulder with a audible "POP" as it pop's itself out. The pain forces you back into the real world, as suddenly you see the viewscreen, and the ground getting so close, as if it's reaching out to meet the ship.

Medical Bay
Darkling - As you strap yourself in, you watch the floating supplies. You had managed to grab a emergency field surgical kit, containing emergency blood plasma, a vast array of one-use drugs ranging from stimulants to depressents, a surgical laser that can both open and close wounds, and flesh foam that is used to fill wounds with a inert substance that can hold bones and muscles in place and fill gaping wounds until the body can use it to regenerate around there. With a sudden sickening feeling, the inertia dampner fails, and the entire medical bay shakes as you watch a metal box falling towards you.
Mad Cat - Wedging yourself into a cabinet, you see a small first aid kit, and deciding to take advantage, you grab it, not a moment to soon for suddenly you feel the inertia dampner fail, and you suddenly and thrown against a side of the cabinet.
General D. Eath - You hear Shadow275's offer for the drug cleanser, and you grab the vial and down the substance. Within seconds you vomit violently, and vomit again, for that was not a drug cleaner agent, instead it was another substance non-medical related. However as you vomit, you start to feel more and more alert, almost as if the vomiting is helping your body get rid of the drugs. Unfortunally you suddenly feel the inertia dampner fail, and you watch as several objects fall towards you.
Fluffie - As you strap yourself to the table, you happen to see sucha looking scalple floating by, oh so shiny, and even has some blood already on it. You quickly grab it without anyone seeing it and tuck it under the sleeve of your jumpsuit. You get it not a moment to soon, for suddenly you feel weight again, which is very un, and see several objects falling towards you.
Shadow275 - As you strap yourself in, you regret giving that one person the drug for his first reaction is to vomit. You realize that some of your internal data must have been corrupted, and that you can't rely on it as much as you were used to. You also find that your memory is fragmented when it comes to what you can and can't do. Without warning, you feel the inertia dampner fail, and suddenly your face is covered with vomit. Blinking, you manage to clear you eyes enough to see several objects falling towards your face.

Engineering
Flapjack - Bracing yourself, you watch as several control panels start flashing in all sorts of nice red colors. In addition, you suddenly see the shield generators turn a ugly shade of red. Looking at the access hatchway that led to the generators, you suddenly see a great sprout of flame emerging from the hatchway, burning everything in it's path.
Zorro - As you debate what the hell happened that would make the ship enter a asteroid field, you are thrown violently, then with a sudden lurching sensation, your straps snap and go you flying towards a nearby bulkhead.

Connecting Spine
Heiro - GRabbing the survival gear, you are able to quickly put on the survival suit. It is a miracle of modern design, deisgned to operate in all environments, it will hold body heat in cold conditions, and cool the body in hot conditions, along with store water and convert a persons sweat into drinkable water. Getting it on, you brace yourself and start praying, as suddenly you are thrown violently along the deck.
spritely Zombie/Gokan - *Sighs* Why did you have to leave......

IMPACT

*At the moment of impact, due to chance, you all are suddenly knocked unconcious. The ship itself slams into the ground, creating a large grove on the icy ground. Sliding along, parts of the ship break off as in front the snow builds up, until finally, the ship comes to a halt, tilted partly on it's side. As smoke slowely rises from the groove, for kilometers behind the ship is a pile of debris from the ship.*

[NOTE] As of now, all of you that were drugged for whatever reason, you all have managed to flsuh about 1/2 the drugs out, and are able to use your enhanced abilities to a small degree [/NOTE]

Post-IMPACT

Bridge
Richard - Blinking your eyes, you feel great amounts of pain along you entire body. Slowely pushing yourself up, you find yourself terribly cold. The reason is obvious as you stare at the viewscreen, or rather where the viewscreen was as snow slowely trickles through the gaping hole, which is also providing most of the light of the bridge. Shivering and hugging yourself, you look around. The entire bridge appears to be dead, with only a few panels showing signs of life. In addition, you stumble for the deck is tilted to the side.
Zappa Tenderlea - Groaning and pushing yourself up, you gasp in pain as your left wrist is extremely tender, as if you sprained it. Pulling yourself up, you see the viewscreen, or rather lack of a viewscreen as the cold and snow starts entering the bridge, along with providing illumination. Shivering, you stumble as your adjust to the new angle of the bridge. Looking at the communications station, you see that it still holds some power. Apparently that signal you noticed earlier was from this planet. The station also has the source of the signal, just the bearings. You manage to commit them to memory before the station dies from what appears to be a lack of power.
Aglarzir - Grunting with pain, you hold your head as you literally feel a large lump starting to form. Blinking as you focus your vision, which as first starts very blurry. Focusing, the first thing you see are the ruins of the viewscreen, which to you there are streams of light coming from the hole, illuminating the chamber. Watching the flakes of snow entering the ship, you look down at the panel below you. There is still some life in it, for it shows the following information.
Damage Report - Hull Status
  • Bridge - Hull Breach - 6% Power
  • Medical Bay - 32% Power
  • Crew Quarters - Hull Breach - 0% Power
  • Connecting Spine - Hull Breach - 0% Power
  • Engineering - On Batteries - Power Remaining - 4 days 6 Hours 23 Minutes at present power consumption.
  • Cargo Bay 1 - Hull Breach - 68% Power
  • Cargo Bay 2 - 74% Power
  • Cyro Chamber - Destroyed
With a flicker, the display fades from view as power is lost. Hitting the panel in frustration, you turn to the side to see a hole in the wall, apparently a storage cubical. Reaching inside, you pull out 5 survival kits. The kits include the following.
  • All-Weather Survival Suit - This suit is a mirical in modern engineering. Designed to keep a human alive for as long as possible, it has built in heaters and coolers that use the wearers movements to charge them up. In addition it collects all sweat/bodily wastes, filters them, and provides them to the wearer as a source of water. It consists of a undershirt, pants, heavy terrian boots, heavy jacket with hood, gloves, and helmet with a removable visor. This suit is capable of operating in the vacume of space for a short period of time. It is tear resistant, and has several pouches that hold emergency patches in case the suit IS torn.
  • Survival Flares - The provide light, and can be used to start fires. They can each be used 5 times for intervals of 30 minutes each. They can operate in all weather conditions, and even underwater and the vacume of space.
  • Spare Oxygen - Oxygen taht can be attached to a survival suit. These tanks have 2 days worth of oxygen in them.
  • Emergency Rations - Each pack comes with 5 packets of emergency rations. Each packet has 9 bars inside it. Each bar provides all the nutrients needed for a person for a whole day. There is a warning label on them saying that real food, specifically protien is needed at least once a week to prevent a assortment of health problems.
  • Field First-Aid Kit - These kits contain basic bandages, some anti-virus hyposprays, some anti-biotic hyposprays, a surgical laser, and bio-foam.
No Dachi - Awakening, you groan with pain slightly before your military training kicks in, and you quickly check yourself over. Within seconds juding from the pain and tenderness that you will have one hell of a black right eye for a while, and you got a nasty cut on your left arm. The bleeding has already stopped, but it looks pretty nasty. It is at this point you realize that it is VERY cold, and that the viewscreen is gone, replace with a gaping hole. Looking around, you see the rest of the bridge people standing up, and that one of them has apparently found the catche of survival gear.

Medical Bay
Darkling - Awakening, you find yourself suspended along the wall. As you blink, you feel pain along your jawline, and stiffness that seems to indicate where you got struck. Undoing your restraints, you stumble as your adjust to the medical bay's new angle. Looking around, you see the medical bay is barely illunimated, as if only a small trickle of power is reaching these chambers. In addition, you feel it getting slightly colder. Looking around, you see assorted medical equipment laying around, along with the other prisoners on this ship awakening, with a assortment of injuries. Looking down, you see a datapad. Picking it up, you see that it contains the complete medical history of all the prisoners.
Mad Cat - Awakening in blackness, you scream and kick out, knocking out the door of the cabinet, which unfortunally for you causes you to literally fall out of it onto the ground. Groaning as you clutch your left arm, for it feels almost broken to you, you stand and cough up blood. Looking around and seeing the other prisoners standing up, you shiver slighly, as if it was getting colder.
General D. Eath - Awakening, you grumble as you cough up blood. Despite the coughing, you feel more aware, more alert, as if the drugs are filtering out of your system. Untieing yourself , you stumble as you hit the ground. Groaning you clutch your ribs, then scream as you feel one of them move on it's own in a manner that indicates that it was broken cleanly.
Fluffie - You awaken, only to start coughing blood and swearing at the elephant that's dancing on top of your head. Unstrapping yourself, you fall to the ground, and scream as you land on your recently healed leg, for it is sore. Standing up painfully, you feel the scalple underneath your sleeve, and see all sorts of stuff on the ground.
Shadow275 - Awakening, you feel pain, lots of it. And you taste something horrible, namely vomit, and it's not your own. Spitting and coughing it out, you groan you are find you can't seem to move most of your body. Youare able to move your right hand up to your implant, just enough to touch it and feel that it's dented, with what appears to be parts of it driven deeply into you, making removed by yourself dangerous, if not instantly fatal. Most likely it suffered damage and is jamming more and more of your systems. Removal is critical now by another person who knows basic medical sciences, and you open you mouth, and manage to studder out....

"H-H--e-lp.......m-m-m-e......"

[DM Note:] Shadow275: POST YOU PROFILE!!! If you don't next DM you WILL be evicted from the thread. And oh yeah, until someone helps you, you can only move you arm barely, and maybe croak out some words. This is what you get when you piss off the DM [/DM Note]

Engineering
Flapjack - As you slowely awaken, you groan as you feel pain along you chest. Looking down, you see that the jumpsuit you were wears is scortched pretty badly, with the flesh underneath red and blistering. Pulling yourself up, and gasp as your burns, mostly 1st degree act up. Looking around, you see the light flicking, with many display panels also flickering. In addition, the deck is tilted to the side, making you stumble as you get used to it. Looking at the readouts, you see the following ship status report.
  • Engineering - On Batteries - Power Remaining - 4 days 6 Hours 23 Minutes at present power consumption.
Zorro - AS you stand up, you scream in pain as you lok at your right arm, covered in black blistering burns. Clentching your right first, and bite back the tears and stand up. Looking at the display panels, you see the following ship status report.
Blinking, you cough violently and fall, screaming again as you land. Looking under the table, you see a small emergency medical kit. Tearing at it, you manage to find some basic anti-burn cream and bandages, along with anti-biotics, stimulants, and painkillers.

Connecting Spine
Heiro - You awaken upside down, your legs above you, and your back against a wall. Pulling yourself, you grunt as your back pops and cracks. You are suddenly helped up by the other prisoner that's still in this section. He looks pretty beat up, with some bleeding, and open interface ports on a brain implant that's missing some parts, but he looks at you.

"You alright man?"

You realize that you yourself are in pain, and you cough violently, coughing up some blood. In addition, your face and hands, which are uncovered, start to feel cold.

spritely Zombie/Gokan - [DM NOTE] Since I heard that you computer shit the bed, I'm taking over your character for the time being[/DM NOTE]

Waking up, you feel more and more alert, as if the drugs are slowly getting out of your system.Standing up, you go to the other prisoner still in this section and help him up. Checking on him, you notice that he has survival gear on, and looking around, you see the crate with some equipemnt still on it. Within seconds you are dressed in the survival gear.

Last edited by Bakan; 16 Apr 2004 at 07:18.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 06:52   #149
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro curses the prison system for not outfitting the prisoners with flame retardant outfits as he opens the first aid box. Obviously a lawsuit would be in order. Zorro from history books, remembers the primitive days of first aid back when you weren't supposed to apply any sort of ointments to burns, but rather bandage them loosely with dry bandages after watering them down. Fortunately in the past 1,000 years anti burn creams were invented, to allow the burns to heal more quickly. Revolutionary medicinal advances had rendered it possible for the creams to obsorb MORE heat than the air normally would, allowing the burned skin to be relieved of more heat than normal, thus speeding up the healing process while also relieving some pain. Zorro applies what he needs, bandages the wound, takes a few painkillers and closes the kit. He notes the massive damage taken to the ship as he looks over the monitor and notes Flapjack could also probably use some first aid. He hands him the kit.*

"You ok? Here. There's some anti-burn ointment in there. From here it looks like we've taken massive damages, I'm going to see if anyone else managed to survive the impact."

*Zorro heads off in the direction of the bridge*
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 07:18   #150
Bakan
To Old to Die......

DM NOTE: Check latest DM, minor updates here and there.