User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 01:03   #51
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: MECA : Multiple Environment Combat Arena

*flapjack waits for Bakan to do something, such as die, dodge, die, or counter-attack*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 02:30   #52
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Crippled and winded, Disrupter takes off the duel miniguns, think about how bad an idea it was to choose such a friggen heavy weapon. He rolls onto his back and sets a plasma grenade to impact detonation. He watches Heiro leave and then hucks the grenade at him. It flies gracefully after Heiro and hits him in the arm blowing apart every bone. Then he slowly dies. (Disrupter)

He respawns, but this time he has a large hunting knife and and a Browning Automatic rifle. He walks over to Flapjack and unsheaths the knife. He shows the knife to Flapjack and says "Watch this," and aims at Heiro's lower leg. Disrupter throws the knife and it slices through part of Heiro's leg, making him fall but not doing serious damage. Then realizing that Flapjack will more then likely kill him, he pulls the rifle out and shots Flapjack in the foot to distract him.

Taking his opportunity as Flapjack starts to scream, Disruptor leaps over Heiro and runs into the mazelike arena. He then picks out a good spot to open fire on either Flapjack or Heiro when they come running out. He hides well so only he can see his targets, utilizing his commando training.

There he awaits his prey....
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 06:04   #53
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Seeing flapjack get distracted, Bakan uses the opprotunity to dodges out of the [plasma blasts. Reaching around, Bakan tries to find a weapon, and thanks to the plot gawds, picks up a crowbar! Looking at the new person, Bakan jumps up and swings.*

"Didn't your mommy teach you NOT to get involved in other peoples arguments, cause some bad things happen, such as a crowbard to the head."

*By the time Bakan finishes speaking, his crowbar has connected with Disruptors head, creating a nice assortment of crunching sounds as the bone shatters, driving shards deep into Disruptors brain. By chance Disruptor is still alive, however completly paralyzed. Taking advantage of this, Bakan hits him a few more times with the crowbar, before throwing said crowbar at flapjack. Picking up Disruptor, Bakan grunts and throws him bodily into Flapjack.*
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 12:15   #54
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ disruptor just broke every rule this arena has, shouldn't we just ignore him?? Altough, a horrible death is better /ooc

*flapjack quickly lifted his foot as disruptor pointed a rifle at it, the round barely missing his foot as bakan came overhead with a crowbar. To flapjack's utter surprise Disruptor was then suddenly heading towards him at high speeds, flapjack thus dropped to his left while setting a small demolition charge to 10 seconds, arming it and holding it directly into Disruptor's flightpath, who connected fully with the charge as it hit 9 seconds, only to hit a rather solid wall a moment later and get knocked out*

*Flapjack then quickly sped back into the armoury, his weapons expended, and closed the door behind him. 7 seconds later the demolition charge went off and vaporised whatever happened to be in the respawn room or in close proximity to that room*

*Flapjack looked through the racks of weapons and tried to find some new weapons*

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 17:23   #55
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Mentally, Heiro was ok. It’s enough to say ok, but really, both halves were squabbling like children. Children who really hated each other, for reasons so petty it made the simple problems in front and behind seem really rather difficult. Blood pours from the limp section of Heiro’s ruined arm, yet he stands there, allowing it to run down and drip into a considerable puddle on the floor. A knife sticks into his leg and blood runs from that too, soaking his trousers and dribbling into the puddle. Still, his mind doesn’t register such trivial matters, its far, far to busy for any of that.

It’s your fault you know.
No its not…I don’t remember being the one who assaulted him
Oh do shut up.
What are we going to do?
I dunno Bakan was pretty through.
You sure, he doesn’t look very dead to me.
Ah, that’s just your eye’s, you’re not so good at telling the difference.
Oh do shut up.

Slowly, Heiros arm begins to move, backward, allowing the hand to grasp the knife imbedded in his upper leg. With one swift tug Heiro frees the knife, sending a spray of blood onto the hard concrete floor. Throwing the knife, it sticks into the wall next to bakans head.

What a lousy shot.
Oh shush.
Well, I don’t like to brag, but I could of made that any day of the week.
Well. You do that next time.

Heiro looks down at the demolition charge primed nearby. He can do very little but shrug and dive for cover. The nanites in his blood cause the wounds on his leg to close as he puts his first step down, breaking into a run and diving behind a low slung wall some 30 ft from bakan. The explosion, however large, passes harmlessly over him, however the shards of wall, floor and other things scatter, slamming into his head and neck.

Ouch!
You said it…

Standing up, Heiro looks at his arm. Suddenly, the blood stops coming out, and the bones, although shattered, start to move. A series of loud crunches later, the bones re-set themselves, and the nanites set about replacing his skin.

Good as new…

Heiro breaks into a run again. Aiming for the wall, 3 ft from the ground, 10ft from bakan, he sprints with all his might. Reaching it with time to spare, he puts a foot onto it, and then a foot onto the wall. Taking three steps, he begins to slide down toward the hard floor, before he pushes off, slamming forward in the full gravity of the room. Crashing into bakan, they tumble together onto the floor, Heiro cushioned by his fleshy body. A smirk comes up on his face, as he starts hitting bakan in the face and nose, punch after unpleasant punch. Stopping 2 minutes later, his nanites in his blood begin to re-knit the skin on his knuckles, from the skin loss from such a beating. Standing up, Heiro kicks bakan. His newly recovered arm still holding the clip from disruptor’s rifle, he begins to walk away, until he reaches 30ft clear, and turns. Flicking 4 shots from the clip hard at bakan, he watches as the impacts slam into his body with sickening strength and accuracy. Turning away again, he disappears around the corner.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 18:11   #56
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Laying on the ground, battered and beaten, Bakan watches Heiro flick the shots at him. The speed rivaled those fired from their gun, and as they streaked towards him, to Bakan time seemed to slow down. Watching them, Bakan felt something rise up within him, a part of himself he thought long buried, but wanted to be released. Fighting it off, Bakan gasped in shock and pain as the first bullet tore into him, punching through his stomach and out through his back. The pain soon doubled, then tripled as the next two bullets punched through a lung. The final bullet, by divine intervention it seemed, punched right through Bakan's heart.*

*The heart, considered by many cultures to be the "essance" of the person, beat almost in terror and pain as the final bullet tore through it, tearing through the solid muscle, the veins and atteries that fed it, and back out again. As the new wave of pain reached Bakan, the part of himself that wanted to be free, that fought to be free, took advantage of the pain. Reaching out, it raced through Bakan's body, infusing itself into every cell of him, then started to change it's body.*

*With sweat beading on his forehead, Bakan gasps as his wounds slowely started to heal. His clentched fists spring out, his fingers elongating, turning to claws that slashed the ground with ease. His skin started to harden, turning a ugly shade of black. Inside, his muscles spasmed as they grew denser, bulging against the flesh that held them in. Bakan's wounds by now were almost fully healed. All over his body, now covered by black armored skin, razor sharp spikes erupted from the flesh, covering his back, his joints, and the back of his head. A large thick tail grew out, covered in sharp spikes. Spasming, the tail burst the ground apart as it finished growing. Finally, Bakan's eyes, shut tightly as he fought this transformation, opened, revealing glowing red eyes.*

"I.... have...... returned....."

*Standing up, Bakan sniffed the air, and detects the scent of Heiro and flapjack, both having run away. With thoughts of vengence, Bakan bounces after Heiro, following his scent. Rounding a corner, he sees Heiro running away. Leaping at him, covering 50 feet in the span of a second, Bakan slashes out, both sets of fingers on each hand ending in claws. The claws tear through Heiro's flesh and bone with ease, cutting apart the back of his ribcage, tearing into his lungs. As the claws clear Heiro's body, Bakan spins, striking Heiro with his spiked tail, sending him flying with even more wounds. Leaping after him, Bakan catches up with Heiro in midair and slashes four times. Each slash aimed with deadly precision, creating sprouts of blood, and Heiro lands hard on the ground, with his arms and legs falling in a messy pile nearby, soaking the ground.*

*Landing hard at Heiro's head, creating a impact that shakes the ground nearby, looks down at Heiro's body. Hissing Bakan walks carefully, and steps onto Heiro's chest, crushing it under his foot.*

"Bakan is dead.... Blackheart has returned worm."

*Looking around, Blackheart spies the door to the armoury, and the scent of Flapjack. Bounding over to the door, Blackheart clentches his fist, causing it to pop as the muscles tensed, and punches at the door, creating a significate dent. Striking again, Blackheart smiled as he neared his prey.*
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 18:49   #57
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack noticed a door breaking away, flapjack quickly tugged a bunch of racks and placed them in front of said door, hoping they'd hold whatever was pounding it at bay for a while as flapjack grabbed 2 LAWs, a SAW, a bunch of hand grenades and a pack of kitchen items before running out another door into the main arena and waiting for whatever it was to show itself to a loaded LAW*

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 19:09   #58
Bakan
To Old to Die......

[ooc] Playing some Deus Ex are we? [/ooc]

*Punching at the door, Blackheart feels something being pressed against it. Frowning slightly, he sniffs the air. The stench of flapjack has faded, but was appearing again new another door. Since the smell stayed constant, it seems he was laying in wait.*

*Growling, Blackheart spies one of Heiro's arms laying nearby. Grabbing it, Blackheart roars, a roar that is deafening in the sub-sonic range that it vibrates the bones of the nearby participants. Rushing into the door, Blackheart knocks it off it's hindges. Stabbing his claws into it, Blackheart rushes forwards towards flapjack, using the heavy door as a shield, pushing the racks in front of the door.*

*Nearing flapjack, Blackheart spies him with what appears a metal tube. Not giving him a chance to use it, Blackheart throws Heiro's arm at flapjack. Flying with incredible speed, still leaking blood, it strikes flapjack in the face stump first, covering him with blood. As the impact knocks him back, Blackheart rushes forward, driving the racks into flapjack. Some of them had fallen over their metal legs thus were forced into flapjack's torso, punching out the other side, then into the wall, effectively pinning flapjack to the wall. Shortly after them comes the heavy metal door, which slams into flapjack, turning him into the main ingrediant of the metal sandwich.*

*Roaring again, Blackheart leaps away, looking for some new prey.*
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 20:25   #59
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ well, actaully, no, i'm playing Tron 2.0 at the moment, but i don't think a lousy disc will work here /ooc

*Flapjack quickly freed himself, further ripping part of his lower torso and dropped to the ground next to the 'metal sandwich' he was in, flapjack then quickly reaches into a pocket and applies a medhypo, almost instantly repairing the massive wounds he'd sustained. Flapjack then grabbed a hold of his LAW and aimed it for the monster that had hurt him, firing the LAW towards Blackheart's back at reasonably close range, only a few dozens of meters, the LAW almost instantly bursting out of the launcher with extraordinary speed*

"Catch, stupid !"

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 20:46   #60
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Hearing flapjack yell out something, Blackheart spins, only to see the Rocket racing towards him. Thinking, Blackheart reaches out with both claws..... and catches it on the sides. Arms straining under the pressures, Blackheart turns the rocket to face flapjack.*

"Caught...... can you do the same?"

*Blackheart then let's go of the Rocket, sending it flying back to it's owner, flapjack, upon contact exploding violently as Blackheart walks away calmly.*
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 21:27   #61
Heiro
'Mael'

Wow
Well impressed
He called us a worm?!
Who’s that? I’ve not heard him before.
Ah. It’s our anger.
I think we should stop playing now.
Yeah…
What about our body?
Ah, that’s life. And our life pretty much never ends.
Ah, true.
Let’s give it 30 seconds, ok?
Oh, ok.

Heiro’s body or whats left of it convulses as the wounds shut with remarkable speed. The skin, white and bloodless seals, and a full set of loud clicks and cracks echo in the corridor as Heiro’s ribs break themselves back into place. A smile comes over his blooded face.

Wasn’t that nice?
Yeah, I like that.
Good good.
Think we can work together on this one?
Yep. He looks like a challenge. Ill re-acquire our weapons, we’ll need them.
Good plan.

The smile dies away, and Heiro looks forward, or upward, as the glowing white light engulfs his body, and he dissolves, leaving only a bloody stain lying on the floor. Resolving himself in the weapons locker, with flapjack and his arm, Heiro summons some strength. Teleporting, he vanishes again, rematerializing this time in what could best be described as a wall.

Smeg.
Seconded.

Heiro respawns slowly, wearing a black robe, bellowing in the non-existent 0g winds. His hair pirouettes as he places his hands together, swiftly moving his shoulders as they ripple with newfound power. Crackling white, his hair begins to move, breaking its bonds and spraying out around him. As the charge grows in size, Heiro gains an aura, bright white, illuminating the room almost entirely. Smirking, he watches and feels the aura enter him, and feels his weapons appear at his side.

Now we are evenly matched.
Perhaps. But I think we have that human mental problem called ‘sanity’ on our side
Maybe, maybe.
Think its time to pay back that debt then?
Yeah, I think it might well be.

Dropping slowly with no motional forces acting apon him, Heiro floats through the hatch. The doors swish open and he places his hands onto his gun holsters, and draws with one joint smooth action, his laser barettas, loaded with replicating clips of type ‘one’ laser ammunition. Pressing these relics to the sides of his legs, he casually walks of, his robes flowing around him like darkness incarnate. Confident, he begins searching for bakan. Turning into the personal locker room, before the armoury, he quickly looks for number 879. His locker. Hopefully.

Ah. I think I know what you’re doing
I’d hope so; you can read my mind you know
So, you do need our trusted friend then.
Well, it does make it somewhat easier.
Fine. We’ll do it your way.

Placing his finger into the hole on the door, he sighs. He looks at the limb across the room, his, of course, and thinks: What the hell is it doing over there? Less than a second later, the limb, hand first, flies into the attached hands grasp. Shaking hands with himself, he plugs the hand into the socket at the top of the door, and turns. Clicking open, the door beeps, and the weapon rack drops out. A smile comes over his face. Placing his hand on the hilt of his blade, he slowly draws it out of the locker or the personal dimension at least. The blade, at least 50 inches long, is covered by a worn leather sheath; a finely woven rope attaches to the last inch or so, allowing it to be carried on either shoulder or waist. The hilts basket, neatly engraved with a scripture about time. “Time will always get you first”. Hanging it into his shoulder, Heiro reaches into the locker once more, and grasps what seems to be a long blue cord. Pulling it out, he reveals what seems to be an old blender, its plastic broken and smashed, filled with bullet holes. Sighing, Heiro puts his hand over the top, and infuses its hull with a minute amount of his power, watching it rebuild and re-awaken.

“Hey man”
“HHooww yyoouu ddooiinngg?”
“Quite well, yourselves?”
“PPrreettyy ggoooodd”
“Got a reason for this, then?”
“YYeess, wwee nneeeedd aa ffaavvoouurr.”
“Ah, I got ya, lets get going”
“AAyyee.”

Heiro pulls the limb out of the door lock, and throws it into the locker, slamming it shut. Turning on his heel, he tucks the blender under his arm and wanders off to follow and track bakan once more. Turning into the area he was in last, Heiro steps over flapjacks corpse. Looking down at it, he smiles. At least something good came out of all this. Turning his head again, he walks casually into the corridor, a blender on one shoulder and a sword flapping in the other. Placing his hands on his laser pistols, he turns the corner, and takes 10 seconds to spot Bakan. He darts passed, into another corridor.

Ah, this makes life hard.
Not really. We’re just as fast
I know, but look what he did to our body last time.
Yeah, this is a pretty shocking idea.

“Alright lad, lets do this.”
“YYeess”

Breaking into a run, Heiro begins to think. By think, I mean stop talking with his other personality, and really think. One word flashes into his mind’s eye. Time. That’s the key. Impeccably, Heiro turns the corner in pursuit of Bakan. Feeling the wind rush against his face, he opens his eyes. Jet black, like ever. Turning the corner, he sees Bakan stopped, looking like an Olympic sprinter after a steroid ****tail. Bulging and twisting, Heiro watches the agony of the once-man, now horrid beast. Stepping forwards, Heiro begins to run. Diving, he flips the cover on a hidden power socket, and plugs in the Blender. Coming back onto his feet, the slow motion kicks in. He winks at the blender, and fires off one shot into his post announcer, the mass colapsing and dropping down next to the beast. Throwing a look over to Blendy, he smirks. Discarding his pistols, he jumps into the air, slow motion aided by the description bonuses from Blendy’s abilities of master commentary. And I’m not just saying that, because I’m him…
Swinging his blade clean from the sheath, Heiro powers downward, the blade glowing white as it penetrates into the back of Bakan. Pulling it clean out, with ease, Heiro watches as bakan turns at full speed. Ducking underneath his flying claw, Heiro rams the hilt into bakan’s abdomen, before spinning the blade and cutting off his right leg. Kicking out his left, he watches bakan tumble down. Placing two fingers onto the sword’s blade, he watches as it begins to glow pure, brilliant white. Bending his legs, He leaps into the air, drifting, slowly, as time dilates around him. Dropping downward, like a speeding bullet, he rips through bakan’s eye, before drawing the blade out and cauterizing the wound. A smile breaks on his lips, as he backs away and waits to see what the beast can do now.

[ooc] Edit: Too many tags, buggered one up[/ooc]
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 07:16   #62
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*On the ground, the Blackheart watches as Heiro's sword drives itself deep into his eye. Obviously vision fades away, and pain takes it place. Pain was good, pain was a motivator, pain caused others to miss vital parts of their anatomy. As the sword pulls out, Blackheart smiles grimly, and shifts. It's body turning into energy, including it's severed leg, it pulls away from Heiro, crackling with power as it flies away in a bubbling cloud. After pulling back several feet, Blackheart resolidfies in it's original appearance, with it's leg reattached and eye restored.*

"Play....time....yyyyes ......."

*BLINK*

*Tapping deep into it's power, Blackheart accelerates itself even faster, and rushes forward, arms training behind, claws at the ready to taste the sweet taste of blood. Reaching Heiro in the spans of nanoseconds, Blackheart blinks with surprise as Heiro is able to dodge out of the way, and slice at Blackheart. Turning, Blackheart grunts as Heiro's sword cuts into it's left arm. Spining around, Blackheart pushes itself faster and smacks Heiro full on it's sword hand with it's tail, driving deep spikes in and through Heiro's arm. Tearing, Blackheart throws Heiro through a nearby door that just so happens leads to the 0-G arena. While the force of the swing throws Heiro, his arm is not up to the task of holding together and tears itself away.*

*Leaping after Heiro, Blackheart grins, then vanishes. Reappearing ahead of Heiro, Blackheart grins then vanishes again, only to appear behind Heiro, slashes at him. While Heiro is able to dodge, Blackheart's claws manage to scratch his back. Teleporting again, Blackheart grabs Heiro's severed arm, then teleports again. Reappearing in front of Heiro, Blackheart smiles and snaps Heiro's arm in half. The first half, in a blur of motion is stabbed right into the blender's inner workings, jamming it. The second half, containing Heiro's hand, is phase shifted then thrusted into Heiro's chest. A quick phase shift back to normal, and Heiro's hand is clutching his own heart.*

"Have a.... heartache..... do you?"

*Shifting his hand into energy, Blackheart shoves it into Heiro's hand, taking control of the ruined muscles and bone and nerves, and clentches. The hand, wrapping so elegantly around Herio's heart, clentches shut, crushing Heiro's heart into paste. Pulling out, Blackheart restores his own arm, then as Heiro is slightly distracted by the fact his heart can now be used as pain, extends two fingers and pokes them into Heiro's eyes. Shifting his fingers into throusands of razor tendriles, Blackheart stabs them into Heiro's brain, then proceeds to mix up his brain. Yanking his fingers out, Blackheart again reforms them, and punts Heiro into the wall with enough force to create a nice Heiro sized dent into the wall.*
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 13:13   #63
Heiro
'Mael'

He thinks we have brains now?
Or a heart?
Well, I suppose the body does…
Spirits more like.
Can’t kill those.
Well you can
But that’d be telling, right?
How did you know?

Heiro floats backward, and turns around. Grinning, he raises his ruined mess of an arm, and watches the blood stop running, or at least stop dripping into the 0g arena. Weaponless, blind and otherwise unhurt, He floats, waiting to see what Blackheart would do.

“CCoommee OOnn BBiittcchh”
“Lceotusp lgeoo fsroomue!nds?”
“WWhhaattss TThhee MMaatttteerr:: cahfircakiedn??”

Heiro listens to what appears to be a set of growls, deep and feral. Shrugging, he continues to smile, and relax into place. One of his personalities begins to stop thinking, or at least actively speaking

“Well? I’m waiting?”

The other closes its mind, and begins to focus on the roughly formulated plan they came up with during the time they were talking. He fights hard to remember something… something… magic… that’s it. Clicking into place, the mind does a short dance, before turning its attention back to the combat. Watching, he waits until he’s tagged in. Blackheart, blinking again, goes straight for Heiro’s chest, claws fully extended. Passing right into him, and out the other side, Heiro winces, not for the first time, and definitely not for the last. Grabbing Blackhearts shoulders, he pulls himself to the end of the claws, and knees him in the groin. Wailing loudly, Heiro watches at blackhearts sudden horror. Glowing white now, his hands begin to burn into his shoulders, smoldering and solidifying there form.

“Nothing likes holy energy, now does it.”
“You must have a heart in there too…”

Punching forward with full force, Heiros smile breaks down and he laughs manically, as the fist penetrates into the soft stomach of the black energy, burning a clear path right to the centre of blackheart. And out the other side.

“Obviously not. May I be the first to say this? Shit.”

Bringing his legs up, he smiles and kicks off the now solid chest section, he flies backward, landing neatly to watch the wounds through his chest close, blood stains soaking his once white shirt.

“Light that was once dark, Gods that were once fallen, and now rise again…”
Heiro pauses, unsure
“Oh damn, what are the words. Sod it. Tag.”
The other mind takes its queue and jumps it.
“…and fall. Pray, release me your power.”

Heiro’s glowing white hand begins to flow with energy from around him, and surprisingly from blackheart himself. Raising his hand, fist first, allowing the flow to reach its peak of brilliant white. He turns his body, and smirks, before pushing out the index finger, and raising the thumb.

“Bang, bang”

Clicking and firing with his imaginary gun, Heiro fires of shot after shot of holy white energy into blackhearts solid chest, head and limbs, engulfing him in a rain of heavenly might. Bringing his arm back, heiro blows the smoke rising from his finger, and lowers himself waiting for, if there is, a counter attack.

Wasn’t that splendid?
Oh yes! Marvelous!
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 00:58   #64
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Deep inside the engineering core of the arena an elongated ovoid glistens with a shimmering opalescence, the surface fogged and misty with condensation on the ice-cold glass. Along one side of the shape a panel of lights flash into life and display a solid green, apart from one that seems to flicker between green, red and amber like a demented traffic light. A rough, emotionless computer synthesis of a voice starts the cleansing chant and at the climax delivers a ritual hard smack with a metal fist. The final light turns green.

With a soft hiss the egg splits open, filling the air with vapour, which is quickly sucked up into the vents above as it expands, almost before the fog has cleared a naked figure steps out of it and looks the metallic creature in the optical sensors.

“What is it this time?”

…..

Several minutes later Richard is at the heart of the respawn link, fully suited up in a light blue pinstripe, blue lightning rippling across the hidden inner surface as valency generators augment the suit’s natural strength. In one hand he holds a plain black leather briefcase. He looks at the greenish orange sphere in front of him and steps into it.

…..

Green lightning flashes around the arena, concentrating on a single point in mid space. After a short couple of seconds the lightning stops, leaving Richard behind, suspended in the vacuum. With a seemingly total disregard for the laws of physics he walks calmly along the arena until he reaches the pair already heavily involved in their personal combat and rests his case on a perceived ground next to his feet while he straightens his tie.

"Ahh yes... Hello again..."
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 19:21   #65
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

With nothing but a small silent swirl of monochrome flecks to herald his appearance, a hunched figure appears sitting cross legged in the stands of the arena. A heavy black hood drowns his face in shadow, and from the deep recesses of his robes he draws a simple container, and proceeds to reach his hand inside, drawing it out again in arcane, clawed gesture. Raising this hand to his mouth, he proceeds to eat the popcorn he has gathered.
"Damn... where is everyone?"
Standing up and wiping the dirt off of the back of his legs, Novalis proceeds to wander about grumbling and looking for a fight to watch...
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 16:43   #66
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack is killed by the impact of a LAW missile and the subsequent explosion*

>>respawn<<

*flapjack steps out of the respawner and gets some new equipment, including clips for the pulse rifle he was still carrying*

*flapjack walks into the main arena and notices someone not noticing him yet, flapjack thus takes a grenade off his ammo belt, removes the pin and throws the grenade towards the person, hoping that person won't notice the small metal sphere landing next to him before it blows up*

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:29   #67
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro turns his attention away from Blackheart. This, what with the circumstances, can be considered a terribly unwise move. His opponent does nothing, standing deadly still, yet remotely breathing heavily as Heiro looks across to the new comer. Calling him a newcomer could be a rash decision he thinks to himself. More like old-comer and owner his mind wistfully tells him, as he looks over man. If that is what he could be called? Figure of legend might be a better selection of words. Anyway. Heiro looks at him, awestruck, mouth agape, before twisting it into a sadistic grin. He looks back at Blackheart, who still stands there. Dribbling most likely.
Look Blender. Keep it realistic here…
Ok sorry. Nevertheless, Blackheart looks shocked at the appearance of this character, twisting his face into a new grin indeed, one of moral pleasure at distasteful images. Heiro raises his left hand, his only remaining hand, into the air, awaiting the power to flow once again into his grasp. The images of the spell solidify in his mind, and the white light begins to course through his veins, making his arm glow as the brilliance manifests itself into the palm of his hand.

Hmmm. This should be it then?
His working half takes a break
Yes. I presume so. We know anyway. We wrote this spell to kill folks like him
He is pretty mean. Look at our lovely arm.
Yeah…
Make him suffer a bit, ok?
Oh yes sounds splendid.

Heiro’s hand charges slowly, the veins pumping in his arm, almost ripping the flesh with the sheer power running toward the outstretched palm. Pointing the hand toward Blackheart, he begins to smirk. The ball in his hand begins to grow in size now, almost a foot across.
“Almost ready.” His voice echoes eerily in the vacuum via some unknown magicks.
The ball reaches 2 ft across before Heiro even thinks about using it. Smiling now, he enters his mental concentration-scape and begins to talk to his other mind, sitting there watching
Are you ready?
Oh yes.
Then…tag.

Heiro’s alternate mind rushes forward, and the body follows suit. Reaching speed, his body hurtles toward Blackheart, closing the short distance, with relative ease. Pressing him shoulder first, Heiro rolls, slamming shoulder hard into the neck region of Blackheart, knocking him backward. Continuing his roll, Heiro grasps the ball of light completely.
Ah… I've got balls to try this one....
The ball breaks down instantly, the spell completing itself. A blinding flash of light emanates from Heiro’s left hand, consecrating Blackhearts body, and as the flash clears, Heiro comes up with a full sweep, holding a five foot long glowing white sword, which writhes in his hand under his control. Within the next second, Heiro begun his final assault on the forces of darkness. Slamming his blade in a hard left slash, he cleaves Blackheart in half with the ease of butter, and laughs maniacally as the areas harden into stone. Slamming his blade home through the other eye, Heiro stops laughing. The head section, now poised on the top of his blade allows him a brief second to plan the next stage. Pulling the blade clear, Heiro dices the head into 4 parts, and throws his glowing sword into the middle of the leg section, watching it explode on contact with something of such evil. Panting, Heiro looks around at Richpur, who stands still watching next to what used to be Blackheart.

Now that’s done.
Tag?
Yes.
Ok. What about that one?
I say, lets see what he wants.
Oh ok old chap.

“WWhhaatt DDoo YYoouu WWaanntt?”
Ill talk, you rest.
Ok

“Hello. Care for some tea?”
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 18:24   #68
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Watching Heiro attack the shell of it's body, Blackheart smirks. To Heiro, the shell's inaction must have ben mearly a opprotunity to take advantage of, a way to quickly dispatch a foe. Now being able to see what Heiro was capable of, Blackheart strikes.*

Several seconds ago

*Blackheart roars as the energy's from Heiro's "gun" strike him. Each blow, while painful, also takes away part of his physical manifestation, the aspect of himself that held him to this realm. Already he felt himself starting to slip away between the cracks of the dimensions, with his host body not being to helpful as it tried to force the Blackheart back down and away, locking it back up into the tiny, dark corner of its mind. Roaring again, Blackheart, eyes flaming red with rage feels itself take more damage from the blasts, until Heiro stops, making a strange gesture. Using those precious seconds, Blackheart acts.*

*Like water running down a drain, Blackheart evacuates it's essance, it's energy, itself from his physical body, giving in to the temptation to slip away into the dimensions, but rather than the uncontrolled, deadly randomness, Blackheart let's itself slip in a manner it directs. Within the spans of eyeblinks, all that remains is a "shell". Watching through the viels of dimensions, Blackheart watches as Heiro brutally assualts the shell, tearing it apart.*

NOW

*Seeing Heiro walk towards one of the newcomers, Blackheart follows, gathering up it's energies. As Heiro starts talking to the newcomer, Blackheart acts. Moving itself next to Heiro, it focuses it's essance, the dives right into Heiro's body. Instantly it feels the raw power that Heiro commands, the energies that attempt to regect him from the body, even though he is only barely tapping into this dimension. Focusing, mentally gritting it's teeth, Blackheart starts to create tiny "bubbles" underneath Heiro's skin. These bubbles, tiny parts of Bakan himself that he was forcing himself into this realm, grew out. They spread, like a virus underneath Heiro's skin, imposing itself between the layers where skin met muscle and bone. To a observer, who could see in the span in nano-seconds, it would look like Heiro suddenly started to grow a thin layer of flat all over his body.*

*Finally covering Heiro's entire body, Blackheart forces itself into the one bubble now, then expanded. This has the nice result of acting like a balloon. The effect on Heiro however was not a pleasent one, for as the bubble grew, Heiro's skin was stretched out from his body, until after several long and painful seconds, it riped, then exploded from Heiro's body. As bloody pieces of skin flew all over the area, leaving Heiro, quite literally, "nakid", clad only in his muscles and bone, with the exposed nerves sending signals to Heiro's brain as they made first contact with atmosphere, which many of the internal organs were not designed to meet, that constituted extreme pain, Blackheart made one last focusing attempt. This action, along with fighting against Heiro's natural defences, has drained it to a critical point, where it knew it only has seconds to act. As Heiro's lifeblood pumped it's way out of his body, Blackheart focused it's energy, and reversed it's outward movements, this time acting like a balloon that suddenly had it's air let out. For Heiro on the inside of this effect, he was, quite simple, crushed into a sphere 1 cubic centimeter in diameter. Even as Blackheart smiled to itself, it felt itself being ripped from this realm, and tossed out of control into anotehr......*

RESPAWN

*Stepping out of the respawn chamber, Bakan gasped and fell to the ground, his head pounding with incredible pain. He didn't know what had happened, only that something had been released. Pushing himself up, he sees he's at the armory. Going to the lockers, Bakan starts looking for weapons to use.*
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 18:45   #69
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

*clink*
"Hmmm...."
Crouching low, Novalis spins in a tight circle, his right hand barely grazing the floor as he leapt back to land on the ballistrade surrounding the arena. Flinging a black bandaged hand up to shield his face from the searing flames of the grenade's wrath whilst he held on tight with the other against the wash of heat rippling his robe and threatening to send him tumbling, Novalis allowed only the slightest of exclamations of pain to escape.
His eyes visible glittering darkly in the second before he adjusts his hood, the dark robed figure rises to stand firmly, legs splayed, on the ballistrade. As he regards the figure before him, his quiet voice floats out again from the mysterious recesses of his cowl.
"That, my friend, was not playing fair"
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 20:07   #70
flapjack
crashed computer

*Upon which flapjack decides fair play is definately not an option, thus before Novalis/anarcharnate can as much as inhale, flapjack had aimed the pulse rifle, set to full auto, and pulled the trigger. Immediatly sending out a stream of pulse rounds from the thin barrel of the pulse rifle*

*A mere moment and yet another clip later, flapjack ducked off to the side and behind the remains of a rusty old tank to replace his pulse rifle clip and lob another fragmentation grenade towards where Novalis should be*

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:40   #71
Heiro
'Mael'

The ghostly frame of a newly moulded body of Heiro begins to flame to life some feet behind Richpur. The white light brightly shines in the 0g arena once again, and Heiros emanating shape begins to glow ominiously, growing in intensity. 30 seconds later, the white light from previously streams into the arena, and Heiro begins to fill out his new body, pixelised at first, then clearer as the process wears on. Around a minute later, Heiro materialses wearing a full length white robe, his long white hair hanging out of the back. Smiling, he looks around, before turning fully.
Well well.
Yep. This should be fun
I've never even seen the owner before...
Swiveling around, Heiro seems to be holding something level in his hands. A large silver tray, covered in a unique, but olden teaset, two cups, saucers, a teapot and some accessories. Walking forward slowly, he balances the set on one hand, before clicking his new right hands fingers. A table materialises in a similar way to his body, And he places the tray down.
"So. Still wanting tea?" Heiro looks hopefully...
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 00:23   #72
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Richard looks down at the particulate organic residue left on his suit from Heiro’s expansion and with a slight frown brushes a hand down it, sweeping the mess off the teflon composite fibres. Satisfied the incident hasn’t down any real damage he looks up again at the empty vacuum in front of him where a few moments before one person and a xenoc had been combating. Feeling a disturbance behind him he turns on the spot and watches with a blank look of casually disinterested amusement as the figure creates a table and places a tray on it asking something about tea.

“Not now Mister Ro. I don’t think you’ve quite grasped the gravity of the situation.”

With the unsubtle predictability inherent to this remark, the tea set, tray and table part company at a slow drift. Tea slowly spills from the spout leaving a spiral pattern of brown fluid ablating away into the vacuum. Richard adjusts his tie again, picks up the briefcase and sets it on the table.

“You seem to have spilled your tea Mister Ro.”
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 00:35   #73
Heiro
'Mael'

"Well damn."
Im not impressed, how could you manage that?
Ah, its all the blenders fault.
Fair enough
OI! it was not my fault. Im disgraced infact.!! How dare you two half wits even try and blame this on me, your esteemed anouncer. I ask you. What did i do to deserve that.
Half wits indeed!
I've got half a mind to unplug you young man... er... blender!

Heiro looks down at the briefcase. Simple, black leather. Little threat, his mind incurs. Pressing onward, he also notes that Richpur has no weapons, other than a polite, remarkably british accent.
"Well old chap, you leave me little choice."
You?
Us. I ment us
The hell you did
Look. Can I just finish what i was saying now?
The hell you can!
You're obsessed
Look. Just get on with it.
"I... er... We challenge you to a duel."
Heiro slaps Richpur square on the left cheek. No noise escapes, however a large red mark quickly appears where Heiro's hand had been.
Tag
The other arm shoots out, blindingly fast, slapping Richpur on the other cheek, leaving a second handprint. Backing away, Heiro looks around for something to use a weapon, if it comes down to it. Finding very little, he considers his options, before smiling at his soon-to-be-adverseray.
"Do you accept?"
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 01:20   #74
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard makes a rather strangely metallic clang as the Heiros slap him, but due to the vacuum this noise never reaches his assailant’s ears. At least not via the usual channels. Within a few seconds the redness has receded leaving the usual ashen complexion.

“That was a bad decision Mister Ro.”

The blue suited man turns away from the white robed figure and walks off along the axis, cancelling the gravity field holding the challenger’s robe down and letting it billow up in a rather cumbersome swirl of fabric entwining itself around the Heiros’ arms. After a few paces Richard turns back and looks at the rather tangled mess floating in the vacuum.

“I would certainly accept your challenge Mister Ro. However you appear to be tied up at the moment. Another time maybe?”
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 01:32   #75
Heiro
'Mael'

Why that cunning git
Second that
What shall we do?
Its obvious we didn't hurt him, isn't it?
Well... i propose... The thought trails off, and the other mind nods, understanding.

Heiro's body spins backward, allowing him to catch the robes and pull them away from his arms. Floating normally, or at least compensating for Richpurs cunning ploy, He begins to smile, and wonder why he ever thought someone dressed like a lawyer with a blue suit would ever play remotely fair. All knowning beings are somewhat annoying, he thinks, as his hands drop by his sides, and he opens his eyes. Black flows across the controlled white expanse. Jet black now, he looks on with a mix of rage and embarrasment at his misfortune.

"Cunning, but rather predictable, don't you think?"
Heiro lets his other mind wander his body, preparing it for what could be called 'Motion picture action'. He allows his body to relax, as he floats opposite facing Richpur. Smiling, politely, he raises his left hand.
Mind if i do all the work on this one?
Of course not, its just nice to be asked...
Hopefully he enjoys it as much as I will
A white light flutters behind Heiro's black eyes. The second mind begins to eat his pot of freshly cooked popcorn. The bodies smile widens. His other hand raises, and Heiro moans a few words, groaning to a hault as he pronounces the final words of the spell.
"Jaran's mighty comeliness enhancer"
Richpur's chest begins to feel strange. Within 10 seconds, the changes begin. His suit rips open down to the 4th button, and a pair of DD cup sized breasts leap to fill the newly formed cleavage. Feeling himself grow somewhat larger, as the white light fades, Heiro's smile dissolves into a resounding laughter which can't unfortunately be heard in the vacuum....
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 02:05   #76
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard straightens his tie off between the two sudden additions to his anatomy and frowns at them. He then looks up at Heiro laughing silently at the rather infantile gesture and shakes his head. Inside his head a message pops up.

* Mesh distortion approaching critical limits *

* Scanning library for match *

* Loading mesh file ../hl/valve/models/hassassin.mdl *

* Loading texture file ../hl/valve/models/hassassint.mdl *

* Applying changes *

The blue suit and case shift, the vertexes flowing over each other into a form that is more in keeping with the blatant additions to the former physique. Then the texture map applies itself and the contorted suit and case is replaced with a rather form fitting black lycra, silenced pistol and a belt of pouches and grenades.

* Changes applied *

Without a word the figure springs from the imaginary platform and somersaults into the vacuum, landing on the far wall/ceiling in a three pointed crouch, the pistol in her spare hand aimed back at the laughing old man. Even as she fires the thought runs through her mind, why have a silencer in a vacuum.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 08:28   #77
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

His body thrown back by the sheer force of the pulser blasts, Novalis reaches a hand up to the ruined remains of his chest
"Ouch"
gurgling further, he manages to pull his body up to rest on the ballistrade. Looking flapjack straight in the eyes, he simply sighs
"I didn't want to have to do this"
He then disintergrates into a cloud of swirling ashes.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 12:37   #78
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack quickly uses his limited skill in air magic to make a neat little wind around the ashes, thus spreading them across the arena in a quite thorough way*

*flapjack goes to fetch a new LAW*

Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:25   #79
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro looks quizzically at the change. Richpur, or now more aptly, Richpuress begins to shoot at him, whilst landing on the upper wall. Shots whistle from the gun, the small implosions of sound dissipating in the vacuum. How they work, Heiro wonders, is beyond me. Raising his right hand, Heiro wonders what to do. Thinking about things for a second, he mutters a phrase, and waves his hand downwards. The bullets slow down, immensely. He giggles, and places his hands back down by his sides, loosely at least. Now he gets back to thinking.

Well then?
Well what?
Bullets. A lot of them
Oh. that then.
Well?
Will you leave this to me? I’m quite capable…
Suuuuure you are.

Looking blankly forward for a further time, he fights with himself. And he forgets about bullets. Entirely.

Ok! so its settled.
No its not!
Eat your popcorn.
Fine!

Blinking briefly, he waves his hand, back up to the position it started in. Raised at an acute angle from the horizontal. Cursing, he notices the bullets, just that second too late. One pierces his hand, blowing the flesh apart and passing through the bones with ease, before flying hard out of the other side and cutting a deep gash in the side of his face. Not wanting to feel the others hit him, he grasps the tea tray from under his feet, and raises it like a shield in his working hand. The second and third shots slam hard into tray, denting the silver beyond repair. Cursing unheard, he throws the tray back up at Richpur-ess, before taking a sip of the tea that floats past his face.

You’ll take care of it you say. Won’t hurt a bit you say!
So I made a slight miscalculation.
Slight!
Ok, large miscalculation. So. Tag.
Finally.

Heiro straightens himself out, wiping his bleeding hand down his white robe. Cursing again, he looks at Richpur and looks to see what else he has on his person. Nothing. Typically. Looking anyway, he bumps into the wall, bringing his feet up to cushion himself against it. Shaking his head, he looks at the contents of the 0g section of the arena. A table, a teaset… He pushes off the wall, and speedily floats forward, catching hold of the tables legs, before shifting his mass to change the direction of the movement. He begins to ascend toward Richpur, table raised above his head as a shield. He pushes it away at the last minute, before catching the blunt end of a large quantity of close impact shots. Disappearing through his body and pushing blood into the vacuum, he snatches hold of the gun, and uses his momentum to launch an attack of his own. Slamming his knee into Richpur’s neck, he twists the gun from her grip. Pointing it down at the back of her head, Heiro pulls the trigger.
Click
“Well damn.”
Click
“You’ve gotta be joking…”
Click
Heiro discards the gun, and pushes Richpur clear of the wall, before pushing off himself, trying to recover the table for cover.Failing miserably, Heiro just coasts, unfortunate and unlucky.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 23:19   #80
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard drifts away from the wall of the arena, turning slowly, watching Heiro’s frantic leap towards the table. As was perhaps fairly predictable considering the differences in direction and momentum the table makes a clean getaway. Heiro however is now moving at some speed towards her, all the while watching the table drifting further away. Contorting her body into a tight arch Richard flicks herself over, curls into a ball then kicks out, planting both feet square in the centre on Heiro’s approaching back. Going into something that looks strangely like a swan dive Richard heads off across the arena leaving Heiro heading back towards the wall he had just left.

After a short while she comes in to land on the wall, hands sliding out over the metal surface, slowly braking until she comes to a halt crouched slightly above what is now the floor. Since her gun appears to be drifting off in it’s own direction somewhere towards the centre of the arena the extra ammunition in her belt pouches is rather useless. This leaves only two options, herself, or the grenades attached to her waist.

Reaching down Richard takes two of the ovoid objects from their clips and thumbs the pins out first one then the other, throwing the first one off towards a point just in front of Heiro. After about two seconds of flight she throws the other in what seems to be a random direction. A moment later the first grenade goes flying over Heiro’s left shoulder and explodes, the fireball expanding around his robes rippling in the sudden wind. At this Richard jumps straight up, spinning rapidly as she arrows into the empty centre of the chamber.

The second grenade explodes on one side of the arena; it’s shockwave sweeping out across the wall, a small black speck caught in the expanding blast. Half a second later Richard extends her right arm to one side and with a resounding smack clenches her fingers around the pistol’s grip.

“Got you.”
Unread 3 Mar 2004, 00:11   #81
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro winces. The first blast rips against his robes, the white-hot flames licking against him, burning away parts of his clothes and tormenting his skin within the conflagration. Cursing, Heiro bites down on his lip. Pointing his hand at the side of the cylinder, He allows himself a brief second to reflect, as the second grenade goes off, forcing him way off course. Slamming into the opposite wall, he looks around, dazed.

Come on. What’s taking so long?
She’s a tough bugger
Well, I can see that…

Heiro pushes away from the walls, looking downward at the teaset floating aimlessly in space. He raises a hand, and points at the table. Mumbling a set of words inaudible anyway, he watches with delight as the cups defy all physics and materialise sitting on the table, above Richard, facing down toward him. Flying swiftly toward his assailant, he readies another spell, allowing the charge to glow in his left hand. The other half thinks for a second, before joining in too.

Mind if I have half?
No, please. Be my guest.

The right hand begins to glow, and as he reaches 10 feet from Richard, it dissipates with an audible pop, leaving popcorn in its place. It glows white again, around 3ft from Richard.

Me first? Says the right side
Yes. I see what you’re going to do.
I thought so.

The right side raises its hand, and large quantities of popcorn flutter off from the box, two, conveniently, close to Richards face. The right hand stops glowing, with Heiro mouthing the words: Zanvair’s Remote Eye Gouge. At the same time, a large, metaphysical Caucasian hand jabs the two pieces of popcorn hard into Richards’ eyes. Not hearing the crunch annoys Heiro immensely. Still, a smile breaks out as Richard starts moving to clear the shards of warm popcorn from his eyes.

Nice touch.
Thanks.

The left hand flies up, bringing a crane stance into play. Watching around him, Heiro cant help but giggle maniacally. The popcorn, floating infinitely slower than it was, comes almost to a stop. In front of him, Richard, he can tell is still moving remotely slowly. Snaking outward, his crouched leg connects hard with his open chest, underneath his raised arm. Smashing back into the table, Heiro breaks off the spell, flying up past Richard, looking down long enough to see the scalding hot tea pour all over his neck.

[ooc] Edits, for sucking at english[/ooc]

Last edited by Heiro; 3 Mar 2004 at 00:24.
Heiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2004, 01:08   #82
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Suddenly Richard finds herself spinning backwards through a tea table, the boiling hot liquid raining off the slick lycra suit in all directions from the centrifugal force. Her vision is darkened and strangely crispy, she reaches up and pulls the augmented goggles from her face, the lens ruined, shattered by the forceful application of popcorn. Flinging the now useless goggles at a passing teapot Richard deflects her motion towards a wall and searches for Heiro, her slow tumbling spin letting her scan the entire arena.

“You moved.”

Without waiting to reach a wall Richard swings the gun up, slotting a fresh clip into place and stabilises her tumbling into a leisurely axial roll with her arms extended down along the spin axis, pointing right at Heiro. She pulls the trigger and keeps pulling it, sending a stream of lead flying out in one continuous flash from the muzzle; loading clip after clip into the ever-hungry pistol. This has the inevitable side effect of accelerating Richard head first into the end cap of the arena.

With a loud thud rippling across the metal plate Richard comes to a violent halt, lying out flat along the curved surface of the cap. Somewhere a sensor system picks up the impact as a command and starts another system which starts grumbling at the service system that this motor isn’t up to temperature, to which the service system replies with an error code in the heating element stating that it should have been replaced by the maintenance system which promptly denies all knowledge of the problem since it went offline during the day shift but will look into the problem as soon as possible.

But none of that shows up in the arena.

Richard swings to her feet, or at least orientates herself so her feet are facing the wall, and pushes off, dropping a grenade at her feet. When she is several metres away the explosive detonates, sending a shockwave out into the arena. Richard smiles as the pressure forces her along the arena like a bullet (which, incidentally she has now run out of). At this point she realises that while she is now heading for Heiro rather fast, she doesn’t actually have any way of dealing with him on arrival, having already sent all her ammunition towards him and using her last grenade to get up this rather insane speed.
Unread 3 Mar 2004, 21:36   #83
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro looks surprised when he sees the goggles come off. I mean, who wouldn’t be? His other mind, or his opponent, as he is more commonly conceived, opens some lemonade, and sits back to enjoy the show. A beating, of the one he mildly dislikes for all the reasons he loves himself. Nothing new there, he thinks to himself. To at least half of himself at any rate.

Having spent this time thinking about life, the eternal struggle between good and evil and philosophies of Marxism over Anarchism, Heiro comes to the conclusions that this fight has no bearing on good, or evil, life, except death, or the principles of taking money from rich people and giving it to poor, without laws or boundaries. However, this doesn’t bother him in the slightest; at least it’s taken his mind off the hordes of angry screaming bullets about to penetrate his holy body without a second thought. As the first wave of shots collide with his tort skin, but loose clothes, the sink nastily into his flesh, and stop just short of his lungs. One however, gets over enthusiastic, and goes for a home run, and ends up sitting on a couch of Alveoli watching his companions zoom in from its entry path. So that’s what communism is good for, Heiro thinks, taking away the pain of being shot multiple times by a psychopathic half-life model. They should issue it to all policemen instead of Kevlar…

Heiro’s mind comes back to business when its other half prods it, and tells it to stop discussing 20th century literature with itself. What a crazy thought…
Surely, talking to yourself is mad.
You are me
Well. Half of yourself then.
Yeah, so is having hairy palms. But we don’t count that one.

The right palm twitches involuntarily, as the second wave of bullets come to join the party in his chest. The leaving party for his organs. Blood gushes out of the holes, soaking his white robe to the point of red stains appearing to cover the whole surface.
I can see this needing major surgery
This outfit’s ruined!
Someone get us a doctor
Someone get us a tailor!!

The third chip of rounds flies into his body on the point of collapse. This, it decides, is never a good thing, and it begins poking the mind with a sensation people call pain. Crippling, utterly agonizing pain. However, Heiro’s other half pops an industrial strength mental block into the lemonade, and carries on sipping. The bullets, due to his movement from the last impacts, enter his legs and crotch. This pain Heiro can’t ignore, as he doubles over, causing half the bullets to pass harmlessly under him. However, the damage was done. Seeing the forth clip coming at him, Heiro wonders what else he has left to get shot.
Left ear.
Ok, ill see what I can do.
Careful not to ruin the surround sound.

Heiro rotates on the z axis around 30 degrees and the y axis about 180 degrees. Bracing himself, he feels one bullet pass through his ear, scorching and cauterizing the thin skin on his important hearing receiver. The other mind begins to shout locations Heiro has left, sanctuary from the damage of the bullets.
Left middle finger
Swearing heartily at Richard whilst ducking his head to one side, he smiles as the tip is blown off by an impacting bullet.
Kneecaps. Both
Stretching himself out, Heiro makes a star shape in space. Bullets slam home and he feels the horrible crunching of bone, which unfortunately used to his kneecaps.
Ankles
Neck. Surprisingly
Lower groin. Tastefully.
Funny bone.

Heiro rolls in the air, and extends his limbs wildly, looking like a monkey falling to its terminal velocity after one coconut too many of banana punch. With such fluke, Heiro assesses himself as he stops moving, looking down at Richard. All hits. No misses.

“What luck.”
His other half pops in
“You’ve either got it…”
“…or you don’t.”
“And I’m voting for…”

Heiro suddenly loses all interest in complimenting himself. Well. Not all interest, but the general gist. The grenade floating in space explodes, diverting a Richard-looking-projectile at him and insane speed. And how often does that happen. Cursing at his luck, Heiro wonders what she’d like to hit. And in a matter-of-fact tone, what is left to hit. Panicking, he looks across his body, at his legs, stomach, head, ears (although how he managed that is beyond even himself) Shrugging, Heiro lets the factors of inevitability kick in. Going back to his philosophy, he decides he can at least giggle at Physics applications in chaotic systems of the real world. As Richard closes in, The other half wakes up from its nap, and stepping back into the body for a second. Removing the mental block of pain, Heiro doubles up, and feels all his muscles go limp. His heartrate blips upward, before slowly declining in an ominous fasion. Not to mention the fact that he sees Richard coming at an incredible pace toward him. Panicking, he clutches his chest, with his last breath, so to speak. Slumping forward, Heiro floats aimlessly.
Being clinically dead.
What a bore.
Tell me about it.
I am.
Oh. Ok.

A second later, Richard slams head first into Heiro’s chest, cracking all of his ribs, and compressing his heart. His muscles tense suddenly, and Heiro opens his mouth trying to breathe. Forgetting he doesn’t need to, of course. As a reflex, Heiro grabs Richard, and as a second reflex action, hugs her. Pulling hard, Heiro feels the instinctive cracking of bones, and takes it as a point to stop. Pushing away from Richard, he looks at the smiley face pattern of red on her skintight outfit. Winking, he punches her on the nose, and administers a blow hard to her stomach. Doubling over like a small Olympic gymnast with a street mime complex, Heiro takes the gun from Richards’s hand, and checks the clip.

Empty.
Shame.
Reload?

Planting both feet on her back, Heiro vaults subjectively upwards, with Richard traveling in the opposite direction. Removing the clip from the pistol, Heiro pushes it into his mouth and coughs hard, forcing a bullet from his body back into the clip housing. Removing it on the point of it being full, Heiro reloads the gun, and shoots a clip full of rounds at the rapidly moving target that is Richard.
Unread 3 Mar 2004, 22:45   #84
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard drifts backwards across the arena curled up in a ball, the bullets crashing into her back, pushing her back onto the arena side. She looks up at Heiro on the other side of the arena, her eyes wide as the last of the shots slam through into her torso, shredding vital organs as they ricochet around inside.

A dull rumbling flows through the arena wall, massive plates grinding over each over on ancient bearings. The heating coil finally got replaced; the motor, now up to temperature, began to turn. Three giant panels around the arena walls depress slightly below the rest of the metal skin and rotate around the cylinder out of the way letting light pour in from outside where this section of the arena hangs in space. A shaft of pale white light spears down from the window above Richard, flooding him in the reflected light.

Richard looks down at his body, a quick check tells him that the pelvis is definitely male, a second thought is that really he shouldn’t be able to see his pelvis that easily. His gaze drifts up, looking straight into the hollow cage of ribs under the tattered and fraying remains of a fleet uniform. He looks up into the light with a slightly intrigued expression, bringing his arm up and wriggling his fingers, watching the skeletal form articulating in the shaft of moonlight.

“Now that’s interesting.”

Richard jumps from the wall towards Heiro, his passage carrying him up into the arena. As he soars out of the beam his flesh wraps itself back around his body and the full splendour of a fleet admiral’s dress uniform materialises on his frame. On the way across the arena Richard pulls his sword from its scabbard the steel glistening in the starlight from the other two windows as it sweeps soundlessly through the vacuum.

Holding the blade pointing before him Richard once again careens into Heiro, running him through and using the anchorage to turn his speed into a twisting motion, wrenching the blade out through one side, brutally chopping through half the body in one move and bringing the two combatants to rest facing each other a few feet apart as they drift along the arena. Richard gives his sword a slight flick sending the blood hurtling off it into the vacuum, the globules splattering into an arc across the far wall.

“Now you.”
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 22:49   #85
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro marvels at the space outside. Not to mention the man with the sword who just cut him half in half. As a matter of fact, the lure of space seems… very enticing all of a sudden, to Heiro at least. Placing his hand firmly on his side, he looks down his body. Blood, his robes are soaked with it, from his skin. Cursing softly, he wonders where Richard got the sword from. Turning slowly around, Heiro waits for something, looking at Richard, taking in the details of his ‘new’ ‘form’. Male at least, his mind thinks quickly, before trying to formulate and actual plan, instead of discussing his opponent’s gender or the philosophies of a group of prominent failures.
Avast Captain, We’ve sprung a leak.
Aye, that we have. Patch us up cabin boy.
Oi. I resent that.
Get on with it!

Heiro floats in the arena, just staring blankly at Richard. Something holds him back, allowing his muscles to twitch slowly, warily almost, in the vain attempt to move his body out of harms way. Failing, as his mind has other ideas, Heiro continues to try anyway. Painfully his mind allows the body to move the hands over the wound. Glowing grey, Heiro’s mouth utters a selection of words. Blood runs out onto his hands, faster than before, soaking his robes to the point of it dribbling off into space, saturated with now frozen blood. Panicking, the body presses down to find its hands slipping into the wound easily, almost staunching the flow.
Ok, so you plugged the gap. What good is that if we can’t fight?
You’ll see. Trust me on this one.

Heiro’s mind forces the hands in further, then upwards, twisting at the wrists. Chanting further he feels his hands heat up. Wincing in pain he looks down at his chest, to feel but not see the blood inside beginning to boil. Tipping his head back, Heiro brays like a large wildebeest and wrenches his hands from his chest, ripping apart the flesh and tearing out a rib completely. Looking down at his emerging hands, he smiles. Complete, he sighs to himself. A sword hilt erupts from his chest, and Heiro continues to draw his hands outward, now grasping at a lifeline. Pulling slowly, his body begins to fold over. Blood bubbles out onto his hands, and along the blade. With an uncaring smirk, he pulls the 4ft blade clear, allowing it to glisten in the moonlight for a second. Wincing again, he doubles over, gripping the gap with off hand, holding it closed for the time being, whilst the nanites begin work trying to knit the bones and organs back to working order. Pointing the sword arm forward, he lowers the blade at Richard, grinning.

I must say. Very well done.
oh, why thank you.
My turn?
Yes. If you like.
Make me proud

Heiro flicks his blade forward, bashing aside Richard’s well prepared sword arm. Arching downward, he slashes Richard hard across the left arm, and shoulder barges him using his own right. Feeling his skin mend slowly, Heiro brings up his other hand.

Leaping forward once again, Heiro pushes his blade forward to draw Richard into a parry. Before his opponent gets a chance to riposte, Heiro pushes his unarmed hand onto the sharp tip of Richards’ blade. Allowing it slice right through the palm, he continues to slide down the blade, until he reaches the guard. Looking at his other hand, Heiro notices a unique side effect of such a move. Buried up to the hilt in Richard’s chest, it stops moving, allowing what should be blood to flow onto his hand. Bringing his knee up, Heiro pushes himself off Richard, hand and blade alike sliding out of their positions. Swiftly, he kicks backward, spinning at the same time, chopping hard into Richards left arm, before kicking him hard between the legs.
A quick shot to the happy sacks, and he’ll drop like the next man.
Removing his sword, he looks Richard up and down. Hardly containing a smile, he raises his sword as if waiting for a reply.
“I think that could be called Deuce.”
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 01:11   #86
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard frowns as Heiro’s sword embeds itself in his chest, a few feet of steel protruding rather alarmingly from his back. Richard’s own sword too busy impaling his opponent’s spare hand to deflect the thrust. Not too much of a problem there. With a subtle flick of one wrist he whips the blade out through the soft flesh joining the fingers of the encumbering hand, swinging it clear just as Heiro pushes backwards. Seeing the movement start Richard quickly predicts its ending and starts the blade sweeping down, passing waist height just as his assailant’s foot comes up to meet it.

The leg keeps going, as does the now separated foot, albeit on the other side of its target. At this point Richard notices a surprising length of sword implanted in his left arm just prior to its removal. Richard hangs there for a moment or so while the opposition looks at his handiwork. Carefully Richard shifts one foot down almost drifting from the residual motion of the brief exchange and braces it against a substantial lump of vacuum.

“My serve?”

He pushes off on the non-existent floor, jumping up into a half somersault, arcing over Heiro’s head with his sword whistling down drawing out an instinctive parry. Landing safely behind him Richard unleashes a rapid flurry of fairly predictable slashes towards his opponent’s unprotected back, only for their seemingly omniscient instincts to thread their sword back over his shoulder and swirl round, catching each one of the slashes on the flat of his blade; the ongoing left, right, left, right, rhythm making the pair seem almost like clockwork figures.

Then Richard misses one of his strokes instead swinging the blade around and thrusting the first couple of inches into Heiro’s already badly damaged chest. Twisting hard on the hilt Richard swings his body around, landing on what the previous logic would have called a wall. In one movement he pulls the sword point from it’s temporary sheath, spinning it around, rolling along the outside of his wrist, gaining speed as it falls back into Richard’s grasp and swinging down in a vast overhead blow.

Due to the relative orientations however this blow comes in at a point when Heiro is busy recovering after parrying a blow that never came, slicing deep into the opposite side of his torso, intersecting neatly with the fragile edge of the previous injury. Richard wrenches his blade from the wound, pulling Heiro towards him and clenching the front of his vestment in one hand while placing one foot on the upper part of his chest.

With a single heave Richard pushes his fellow combatant’s upper torso away, the ghastly sounds of rending flesh and bone lost in the vacuum’s welcome silence. Swinging around with the grisly remains of Heiro’s lower torso in hand Richard hurls the offending object away, flinging himself in the opposite direction. The legs soar gracefully across the arena trailing an expanding tangle of rapidly cooling intestines behind them.

“Advantage.”
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 00:29   #87
Heiro
'Mael'

“One thing springs to mind”
“Bugger.”
“That was on my mind fool”
“Oh bugger off.”
“Yeah, the legs have already done it. Thanks to someone who I can’t name for legal reasons.”
“Legal reasons… You’re such an asshole.”
“I try.”
“Holy… They’re drifting away!”
“Come back little leggies!!”
“Come back…”
“One thing springs to mind.”
“Brown Trousers time?”
“Bugger.”
“Ah”

Heiro, being himself, or half of himself, or quarter of himself given he has no lower torso and genitals… But yes. Part of one of his selves being Heiro, he panics like a chicken with no head. Or at least a person in a vacuum with his genitals floating off into space. I mean. Rhetorically and all. Who wouldn’t?

Floating forward, loosing blood, Heiro tries to stop panicking. What good, he thinks to himself, will it do me to panic? His other self, this time, has no plan, ideas or other such things, but is busy reminiscing over his lost legs. Giving up, Heiro does the only thing he can think off. Revenge on the bastard who stole his manhood and cast it toward the infinity of space.

“Right you.”

Heiro swings this large sword, adeptly but in a grossly overbalanced fashion, twisting him around as his blade is swiftly parried. Taking this opportunity, Heiro pulls himself onto Richard’s back by dragging his bleeding entrails over richard’s face. Cunningly, he vaults downward into contact with his legs.

“And with a little magic…”
A white sprinkle of magical dust appearing in the air, Heiro smiles
“My faithful assistant finds his legs rejoined. If only we had a saw and two boxes…”
Looking between his legs, just to be sure, the other mind smiles, and claps.
“Wow! That was really impressive!!”
“I thank you…”
“But…”
“Don’t start!”
“I’m not…but…”
“Yes you are!”
“There’s a hole”
“Smeg”

Heiro rolls, a moment too late, not even bothering to worry about kicking out to stop himself. Smiling, he slams his blade into the metal plating.
“Gotcha”
Heiro pulls hard on the hilt, throwing himself back into space
“Well well. Im good.”
“Er…”
“Let me guess? A wall this time?”
“Well, yes.”
Heiros smile evapourates as the opposite wall approaches rather fast.
“Ok”.

Heiro turns over and crumples into a large ball as he hits the wall. Pain shoots through his new legs and chest. Heiro vaults off the wall with a considerable loss to speed, however his mind wouldn’t like to admit it.Slamming into Richard hard, Heiro grabs hold of his arms, and whispers in his left ear:
“How you doin’ baby…”

Flying through the hatchway, and without a second thought the further hatchway. If however, the door was open. Richard grinds to a hault on impact, Crushing him against the door long enough for Heiro to pick not one, but all his pockets. Heiro tries then to subsequently stand up, to get far from harms way. Cursing, on two a
ccounts, He continues trying to move.

“We only have lint!!”
“Er… our legs aren’t moving!!”
Heiro looks down.
“Smeg! You used Selotape!”
“What, My spell slots ran out!”
“Bloody hell”
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 11:01   #88
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack runs into the 0g-arena part just in time to see heiro disappear*

*flapjack rushes back out to go the other way around*

Unread 10 Mar 2004, 00:06   #89
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard blinks.

This proves to be a very bad idea since during the brief fraction of a second when his eyes open a large bloody mass hits him in the face, from the looks of the membrane and slightly spongy material it would appear to be the lower part of a pair of mangled lungs. Unfortunately the copious amount of blood pouring onto his face quickly floods his eyes and it takes him several moments to get them clear again, by which time another couple of knocks have flown in from various angles and he is heading backwards at rather high velocities with a two part body on top of him held together with sticky tape.

As the arena wall flies past above him Richard realises that he will soon be leaving this part of the arena, he also realises that slicing and dicing his opponent appears to be what might be referred to as an un-dead-end. Finally, it is fairly obvious from the sheer velocity involved in this departure that stopping off at the armoury is quite simply not going to happen.

* Weapon mesh selected *

* Loading file ../comm./nokia/9850.mdl *

* Applying changes *

The blade shortens off until it vanishes, the hilt drifting into a handset. He squeezes the sides and the pad shoots down to reveal the keypad, which he reaches onto with his thumb and holds. As the vacuum ends and he feels the air beginning to rush past him, Richard brings the ex-sword up to his ear.

“Interflora, Deep Space Branch, how can I help you?”

“I’d like one of your 3F12 rose selections please.”

“Any extras sir?”

“Fully boxed, white ribbon and an M134 would be good. Oh and make it an express delivery.”

“Certainly sir, and the address?”

“’1 Uca’, it should be in the directory.”

“And your payment details? Are you an existing customer?”

“Yes, Richard Draçir, check the voiceprint and put it on my niobium card please.”

“Voiceprint confirmed sir,” she replies after a brief pause, “Have a nice day.”

Richard closes the phone with one hand and smashes the back of his head into a hard object. He recovers quickly enough to notice that someone has been going through his pockets, since it is in fact in his hand, he therefore still has his phone. Nice that. What isn’t nice is the two piece person squirming around on top of him leaking blood everywhere.

“I’ve had better offers thank you.”

Richard throws the rather annoying lump off, sending him sailing through the air on a parabolic arc, straight across the arena. At least it would have been straight across apart from a small building getting in the way towards the end, when Heiro smashes down through the tiled roof.

Richard smiles and pulls himself off, dusting off his uniform. Then some part of his intuition grabs him and hauls him round shouting at him that he’s not paying attention, the mental tone sounds surprisingly like Rachel asking him what he did with the car keys.

It still takes him a few moments to get the idea and to look more closely at the building. Brick; tiled roof (with hole in); wide door; wheelchair storage sign; bars across windows, nothing importan… Wheelchairs?

“Shit.”

“Sir?” A voice asks from behind him.

Richard turns round to see a man standing there with a clipboard and a white box.

“Mister Draçir?”

“That would be me, where do I sign?”

“Just here sir.”

“Thank you.”

“Have a good day.”

The deliveryman seems to compress in all dimensions, turning into a line, then shrinking into a dot and blinking out of sight. Richard watches the effect with a mild expression of disdain at the rather poor graphics. Once the man has gone he unties the ribbon and spills a few score blood red roses onto the floor as he pulls out the minigun inside and turns a lopsided grin on the storage building.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 17:23   #90
Heiro
'Mael'

Ah
Yes.

Heiro’s mind flutters back to consciousness. Some call it consciousness, whilst others refer only to the literal focus that his minds never actually shut off, per se. They just went out for a drink and left his body sitting, slumped in the hard seat of a black motorized wheelchair. His eyes allow themselves to blink, and in a cheap, nasty and childish jesture to his mind, Heiro tries to stand up. Giggling even as he falls to the floor, the body begins to wish it hadn’t moved. The nanite capabilities for healing wounds, regardless how severe, require constant contact. Moving there just ruined the whole process and reset it back to scratch.

Well done there.
Round of applause indeed

Pulling himself up using his arms he allows himself a second of breath before collapsing back into the chair. He spies his sword on the floor, some feet away, not to mention his one footed legs taped to his stomach. Selotape for god sake! Could you be more careless? I mean how did they lose his legs in the first place! The rhetoric in his body’s language begins to annoy the mind, and slowly but surely, they slip back into place.

Ok, I’m sure it didn’t look like this before we went for a pint.
Ah well.
Don’t drink and drive they say…
They do?
Yeah, I’m assuming that doesn’t apply to bodies.

Heiro looks up at the hole in the ceiling, then down to the tiles on the floor, picking a selection of sharp ones up before his body begins to resist.
“Look body, we don’t want to hurt you.”
He does!!
“Nahhhh, he’s only playing around”
Playing around… PLAYING AROUND!!
“Calm down old horse.”
My legs are attached with selotape and you’re telling me to calm down!
“He has got a point.”
“Shut up”

Heiro’s hand eases onto the controls of the chair, spinning him self around with remarkable ease before allowing it to cruise forward enough to pick up his sword.
“That isn’t too bad, see!”
I’m still not impressed.
Worrying less now, body turns his attention back to the situation.
Any second how, he’ll be thru that door, and we’ll have no head! That can’t be happening, ok. So I’m tagging myself in.
“No, you aren’t”
“Especially since it’s my turn”
“Says who!!”

Heiro tips the stick forward half an inch, and the whole chair slides forward nicely to meet it, perpendicular to the shocking wooden door. Seeing what else this chair has to offer he begins hitting the buttons like no ones business. A satisfying click rattles around the room before hitting his eardrums, and he smiles slowly to meet it. Pushing his lever forward to full speed, he closes his eyes and waits for the impact.
10 seconds later, nothing came.
Opening his eyes and looking around, he wonders what the hell went wrong, before turning his body around slowly and looking at the chair and its battery lying lifeless on the floor.

Well done.
Very good indeed

Heiro panicks. This must be his skill; he begins to believe, especially as he spends most of this posting life doing it. Stopping himself from dwelling on such trivial matters, he sets about channeling his thought into one supreme idea. If only he had his legs. Turning to look to his right he spies a cupboard hidden from sight particularly poorly with large wooden handle at around wheelchair-waist height. Written on the door, in white-board marker:

For use in an emergency and not otherwise

Smiling he begins to make his way over to the door.
Pulling it open his eyes fix apon the ultimate of ultimate prizes. Hoisting himself from the chair, Heiro swiftly lowers himself into a new one, with one minor difference. Patting his hand onto the large beverage cup holder, Heiro grins like a monkey on Viagra.

“Always wanted one of those”

Looking at the panel, he notes a few other, unimportant armourments including turbo charged engine and high velocity twin machineguns, not to mention the holster on the side containing a sawn off shotgun. Shrugging, Heiro takes the shotgun and climbs back into his battery-less chair.

“I only wanted a cupholder. But nooooo”

Wheeling himself around, he sets off into the door, his arms pumping at an alarming pace. Breaking into the arena with shards of wood flying to his left and right, Heiro wails like a banshee, a battle cry of some form to scare and bewilder his enemy. Not realizing there was a large metal railing 3 ft from the outside of the door, Heiro hits it full on, his chest slamming back before being partially close lined from his chair.

“Well bollocks”
Hauling himself back in, Heiro flicks the back of the shotgun barrels up, looking at the two shells in the chamber. Pushing off again, he drops it into his lap before ducking down to reduce air resistance. Accelerating toward Richard at high speed he raises his head, and grasps the shotgun tight on the barrel. His body shouts, as does his mind
“CHARGE!!!!” says the body
“Shit! He’s got a minigun” says the mind…

Leaning hard to the left, Heiro skids the chair to a tight spin, enough to almost carry him straight on the return half. Sighting along the barrel, Heiro feels both shells unload from the chamber, pushing him back hard into the chair. Grasping the hard metal rim, he steadies himself, and turns to see what he hit. Fumbling two more shells into the shotgun, he lets out a small cheer to see the bullets hit their target, Richard’s hands and chest. Wheeling himself forward his body looks to find some justice for his injuries. His mind however…
Raising his sword above his head, He leans hard to his right, bringing himself up on one wheel. What actually happened from that point the mind would like to forget. However this is not easy considering the circumstances. His body reaches to the left to try to slam the sword into Richard. In the process the tape on his legs comes loose and fluttering from the chair he pirouettes in the air, plunging his sword, surely enough into Richards side and down through his opposite upper thigh. Unfortunately, the brilliant get-away that Heiro had envisaged had shattered the moment the tape had snapped. Hanging from Richard’s side, Heiro flops down to the ground, his wound closed but still painful.

“Why me, old chap. Why me?”

He looks to his left, and see’s the chair speeding off into the distance, legs and all…
Raising himself up on the shotgun, Heiro points it at Richard’s foot, and lets off his last two shells point blank. Crawling away he aims for the building from which he had come, hoping the injuries Richard had suffered to be enough distraction for him to escape.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 00:29   #91
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richard watches the building door for quite some time, waiting for the handle to move; as such it is a momentary surprise when the entire edifice disappears behind a cloud of wood shavings. Not so much of a surprise, however, that he forgets to open fire. The minigun starts rolling, sending streams of bullet into the space previously occupied by the doorway.

After several seconds the dust is beginning to clear enough for him to see his target, which is now heading towards him at speed. Richard walks the torrent of lead down towards the nearing mass of arms and wheels just in time for it to swerve rather violently out of the way.

Of course this brilliant bit of manoeuvring is slightly spoiled by the minigun’s supply of ammunition running out moments before.

“Shit.”

Richard is still looking angrily at the distinctly useless hulk of rotary metal when a sharp pain digs into his side, at which point he notices that several areas of his body seem to be experiencing equal discomfort. The minigun is summarily discarded, partly because of its lack of ammo, and party because one of Richard’s hands seems to have taken a vacation. Looking up slightly Richard sees Heiro crawling away at high speed and makes after him, only to run straight into a piece of paper.

“Mister Richard Draçir, you are hereby charged with ignoring the laws of physics, in particular gravity. You will be found guilty and executed.” Declares a southern Alabama accent from behind the sheet

“Hang on, you have to prove it first!” Richard exclaims. The man in the suit just coughs discretely and looks down to where Richard’s legs end, about two feet off the ground.

“I didn’t notice that.”

“And the sword in your side?”

“Pardon?”

The man sighs dramatically, possibly a bit over dramatically.

"I've got to prosecute a man with a sword through his side for ignoring the laws of physics while he was attempting to murder a man who is both speeding off in a wheelchair and crawling in the opposite direction after blowing your legs off... Why do I get the feeling this is a joke?"

"Because it is, read the script."

"We're at that point in the post already?"

"Yep, section three, joke, one of, class B."

“How come I never appear in these for class A jokes?”

“Lawyers aren’t that funny.”

“So if no-one laughs?”

“It’s your fault.” Richard smiles, still hovering at normal height. “Do you happen to have a gun on you?”

“Of course...”

Barely has the man started his sentence when Richard’s hand punches fingertips first into his chest. A greyish mottled pattern flows out over the mans body, rapidly covering him entirely. Then it recedes, leaving a perfect replica of Richard in his place.

“Mind if I join in?” Richard asks, pulling a 9mm pistol from his belt

“Please do.” Richard replies, pulling a sword from his side.

The two figures, or at least the one and a half figures, turn as one to look at Heiro. One raises his pistol and aims carefully at the retreating back, nailing a shot into each shoulder, dramatically slowing its progress to a crawl, or at least a slower crawl. The second inevitably falls to the floor swearing as the realisation that he hasn’t got any legs finally manages to sink on. He starts crawling after his now almost stationary target.

“Want any help with that?” Asks the full Richard.

“Mind your own business!” Richard snaps back at him, crawling across the arena at speed.

“I was.”

“Damn you are annoying.”

“I am you.”

“…” says Richard, looking up at his counterpart next to him.

“Exactly… Do you want any help yet?”

“Alright.” Richard answers grudgingly. A hand clasps around his collar and hauls him into the air, for a few moments he follows a slowly curving arc across the arena, feeling almost like a bird. Then the ground rushes up to meet him, cushioned by a sprawling mass of semi conscious biomass. Richard puts two of his remaining fingers against the slightly thinner section with a head on the end he assume to be a neck and feels no pulse. Mind you there isn’t really much torso intact to have a heart in. Regardless of his foe’s already less than operational state, Richard goes to slash through Heiro’s neck.

“Sword…” Richard says.

“Ahem.” says Richard from the other side of the arena, holding a sword in one hand.

“Yes that sword. I need that sword, over here.”

The sword comes whistling through the air, streaking past Richard’s nose to impale itself several inches in the dirt, straight through Heiro’s neck.

“Well that sort of ruined the idea didn’t it.” Richard says.

“Sorry.”
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 22:53   #92
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro dies.

Yes. You did read that right.

Blood bubbles out of the hole in his larynx long enough for him to mouth the words: “What an anti-climax”, before collapsing as best he possibly could under the circumstances. His minds however, still debate as if nothing had happened.

For god sake man!
I’m not a man. Don’t insult me.
Oh pah.

For an instant, it seems like realisation kicks in. A cease-fire ensues, and within half a second the pair look at each other, using their minds eyes. With not word of other thought, they also begin to feel the affects of the body’s untimely demise.

I say.
Only somewhat harsh

“Wweellll bbuuggggeerr”

The corpse begins to flake apart, dissolving into a white mist. Splitting into two equal halves, it dissipates into the arena air, leaving nothing but a stunned silence around them. Suddenly, a booming voice echoes in the distance.
“You bastards. The whole agent smith thing is copy write. They’re suing us for millions!”
Blinking into existence along side Richard #1, the essential corpse, a man dressed in a long white Italian suit waves, tastefully of course, until his counterpart appears. Moments later, a man appears in a puff of smoke, next to the smith-wannabe, Richard #2.
“He is quite right. The problem is we can’t actually bring in anyone resembling the one, neo or any of his multitudes of other subtle or hidden names. That would be totally against the law.”
“So we’ve got a new idea. We’ll just do a better job of not dying this time…”
The man in black winks
“You’re so right. Dibs on the one with legs.”
“Oh you… Fine!”

The black suited Heiro kicks his left leg out, smashing Richard #2 in the kneecap. Simultaneously, the white suited Heiro flicks the torso of Richard #1 into the air. With one fluid motion, the white suited Heiro draws a sawn-off shotgun from his belt. Under a moment of extraordinarily expensive special effects, he watches in slow motion as the half Richard accelerates under gravity, before pulling the trigger. A loud click sounds in the arena, and the body hits the floor, approximately where it had been moments before Heiro had arrived.
“Buggery.”
The black suited Heiro laughs manically as his right fist slams into Richard #2’s lower jaw. With a second fast jab, he grabs the 9mm in his hand, and wrenches with his entire upper arm strength. Pulling the gun apart, Heiro proceeds to toss the top half away, before kneeling and elbowing Richard in the stomach. Drawing his own gun, he pushes it into the soft stomach and fires four times, Before coming up and placing the gun to the side of Richard #2’s head. Pulling the trigger, he finally comes to notice the lack of satisfying bloody exit. Not to mention the lack of groaning from the previous 4 depressions. Kneeing him in the groin, Heiro seeks to reload his weapons. The white suited Heiro however, sticks the sawn-off into its holster, and raises his left hand. The sword half way across the arena flies neatly into his hand. Unforseen, he curses as the blade slams through his chest, covering his shirt in blood.
“Why did we use a sword that was 2ft longer than it really should have been!”
“Because it was cool, duh.”
Wrenching the sword free, the red suited Heiro flourishes with the blade, before ramming it home with a sickening thud on the original Richard’s head. Slumping down, he smirks to his counterpart.
“Got room for one more in there?”
“Not really. But I’ve not been to adverse in the past.”
The blade armed Heiro smiles, and dies, again. For the second time in one post, a white vapour fills the air, before passing into the remaining Heiro. He raises, and puffs on the newly formed cigar in his mouth, before touching the colt python at his waist. Raising his head, and tipping his new brimmed hat, Heiro strides forward, clinking as he walks with his new stirrup-boots. He notes the tumbleweed floating along, and squints for some reason.
“So. You feelin’ lucky?”
Heiro leaves it at that, and lets his hands hover, twitching over his sidearm.