User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 26 Feb 2004, 03:34   #151
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road
Re: Dawning Empires

Well, He is supposed to be arrogant, he's a king, ya know. Not to mention being rather pissed off at Hewitt invading the country closest to him. I don't think that it is a very unfair offer...
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 09:11   #152
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Yes, but arrogant people don't lile other people to act toward them arrogantly, do they?

I'd like to take this oppurtunity to state that Twin's considerate highlighting of the important parts in the post for me in an example to you all. THINK OF POOR OL' DACHI WHEN YOU TYPE UP THESE MASSIVE POSTS, WILL YOU?!
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:49   #153
No Dachi

The War of the Frozen Sea continues...
Lord James the Pierce, having rested his men briefly while the prisoners were released in twos and threes, immediately decided to push on Coveton. The blizzard that had made travel southwards so arduous had by now abated, and although this allowed his men to move with greater speed and comfort it did also raise the possibility of death by Noresian Longbowmen. Lord James came to the desiciion to push on the capital easily; although his force was weakened from the fighting and he lacked heavy infantry, the capital was defended only by Longbowmen and Peasant levies (as all the other Noresian soldiers had been killed or captured in the battle), and so the esteemed General, knowing that he might not get another chance like this if he waited for reserves, ordered the advance.

The Phoenixans reached Coveton that very day. Lord James the Pierce immediately took advantage of the downward slope toward the sea by assembling the Trebuchet atop a low-lying ridge, increasing its range. Bombardment of the walls of Coveton commences immediately. However, even if they were only facing Longbowmen and Peasants, every man in ther Phoenixan Army was painfully aware of just how difficult it would be to storm the castle. The city of Coveton is encompassed by a large and well-built curtain wall, and within that lies another circular wall enclosing the keep proper and the innter core of the most important buildings. To capture the city, both of the walls would need to be breached sufficiently for infantry to climb up the ensueing slope, and the keep itself would need to be heavily damaged. Thus, seeing no harm in waiting when the remains of the army of Noresia was held inside the castle, Lord James the Pierce settled his men down for around a week of sieging, in which the trebuchet would be constantly reigning rocks down on the inhabitants of the city. And so, eager for the chance to rest, the men settled down despite the cold and readied themselves for the difficult task of taking the castle. Meanwhile, from inside, Lord Yelren ((4/4/4/4)) desparately tried to prepare an adequate defense, having only 400 Longbowmen, 200 Peasants and 200 royal guards (Spearmen, their wealth being offset by the fact that they're palace soldiers) with which to defend a large city. Lord James the Pierce, correctly predicting that the enemy force would be small and hastily-assembled, ordered the Trebuchet to make breaches in several places rather than concentrate on one large breach, knowing that the enemy commander would be forced to divide his forces between the possible points of entry.

By the end of the pescribed weak of bombardment, no less than five substantial breaches had been made in the outer curtain wall, and around three breaches had been made in the inner wall. Lord James, satisfied that the fortifications were now sufficiently weakened, ordered the attack. With all remaining Mounted Knights dismounted and acting as the first line of offense, backed by Peasants, Lord James would use the Horse Archers and Mounted Sergeants to move around the perimeter of the fortress from breach to breach, thus pinning the troops holding those entry points and preventing them from reinforcing the breach attack by the knights. If the troops at the other breaches attempted this anyway, the Horse Archers and Mounted Sergeants would dismount as well, enter through the unguarded breach and attack the enemy in their rear or flank. Battle commenced almost as soon as the knights were within two hundred metres of the wall, still mounted. Longbow arrows fell from the sky like rain, and only the speed of the kngihts' mounts saved some of them from death. Knights started falling far more quickly than knights are supposed to fall in battle, and the Peasants behind them were no better protected. Rocks from the Trebuchet did little to deter the Longbowmen, although two hit the top of the wall, killing some. Nonetheless, fighting against the arrows, the knights reached the wall and, standing directly next to it, dismounted before charging up the breach. Knowing the situation to be desparate, Yelren also surmised that, if the knights were allowed to fight their way up the breach, he would lose the city for sure. Throwing all caution to the wind, the young and inexperienced General ordered the Peasants and Longbowmen at the breach attacked by the Knights, and the one adjacent to it, to counter-attack in force and repulse the heavily armoured troops. Despite the massive numbers, the Phoenixan kngiths, with superior training at hand-to-hand fighting and far superior equipment, managed to fight their way up the breach, wherupon the 400 Phoenixan Peasants followed them. Seeing that his men were rapidly losing resolve, Yelren sent a panicked order to the Longbowmen at the other breaches. They were to close in immediately on the fighting, and attack the Phoenixan troops with their superior range. The royal guardsmen, originally deployed inside the inner wall, were also ordered to rush to the battle. This was the moment that Captain Lithaniel of Phoenix, moved to command of the cavalry detachment, jad been waiting for. Picking the shallowest breach, which was now undefended, he sent all of the still-mounted cavalry up it and into the castle. A few horses were unfortunate enough to break their legs on rubble, but this was a sacrifice that Lithaniel was willing to make. The additional Longbowmen were doing little to sway the tide of the Phoenixan advance, but Spearmen could. Lithaniel immediately sent both units of Horse Archers at the Spearmen, making their way through the city toward the fighting, with orders to skirmish, while he himself charged into the rear of the massed Longbowmen and Peasants at the head of the Mounted Sergeants. While the Mounted Sergeants were few in number since the previous battle, the charge was sudden and unexpected, and against the Longbowmen (armed only with short swords) the Mounted Sergeants inflicted massive casualties. Although the Spearmen did eventually join the battle, their numbers were greaty weakened, and the Horse Archers charged into the rear of their ranks once they had engaged the knights, also inflicting heavy casualties. Eventually, Yelren ordered the retreat to the inner wall, but did so too late. The Noresian infantry were cut down in retreat by the Phoenixan cavalry, and when Yelren himself was captured it was clear that the Noresian forces were no longer sufficient to repulse the invaders, and the Captain of the Royal Guard surrendered the keys of the castle to Lord James.

With King Joreln of Noresia having been captured along with the entirity of his immediate family in the keep, the order for all remaining forces of Noresia to lay down their arms came quickly. Lord James the Pierce has already dispatched a messanger informing King PK of their victory, and that he can now begin dictating terms to King Joreln.

Casualties

Phoenixan
54 Horse Archers (86 remaining)
46 Mounted Knights (48 remaining)
14 Mounted Sergeants (8 remaining)
189 Peasants (211 remaining)
0 Trebuchet (1 remaining)

Lord James the Pierce's reputation as a formidable offensive tactician has been further reinforced.
Captain Lithaniel's valuable experience at leading a small force in the offensive has caused a rise in his stats ((4/4/4/4 >>> 4/6/4/4)). Lithaniel is now available as a Phoenixan General.

Noresia
Total defeat. Submission to the invaders has been total, with no feudal lord willing to orchestrate resistance when their opponent will inevitably be the infamous Lord James the Pierce.

Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:55   #154
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

The War for Ios
Sending word in return to the great leader of the land south of him, King Fluffie orders Lord Bentley with his re-inforcements to prepare for a follow-up of the massive victory they had earlier. Afterwards, they shall jointly with the Samurai (should they indeed still so wish) and their great offensive leader, conquer the Northmen's land. That, however, is a quest for later on.

(Talks about the co-operation have already been conducted on MSN.)

First off, the Samurai's good offensive leader and Lord Bentley are to meet up and formulate a plan of action, using the entire force available to him (basically every soldier posted above) to crush the forces inside Ios. If they are defending, Bentley will be in overall command, if they are attacking, the Samurai l33t offensive general will be in charge.

Capiche? Now kill me some.. Viking!
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 21:42   #155
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

The messanger's swift feet soon brought the news to King PK at Castle Firehelm. The King was most pleased by the action taken by his best general. Noresia was now a part of Phoenix, their King ready for any terms.

"Messanger, I want this proclaimation relayed to the people of Noresia. The Kingdom of Phoenix is not a brutal one, this defeat will not signal a decent into tyranical oppression, but instead the two kingdoms shall merge into one, with citizens on both sides of the border having equal rights. The Joreln, king of Noresia is king no longer, but instead shall be made regent where, being advised by Phoenixian gentry, he shall govern Noresia as a prosperous province of Phoenix. I hereby apoint said regent, and command Captain Nicholas Lithaniel to become master of the Noresian guard. He shall be an advisor, and Lord James shall be the senior advisor and second to the regent. Long live Noresia. Long live Phoenix! That should do it. You should also inform Lord James that his troops need to be returned to full fighting effectiveness as soon as possible. I hear rumors of impending invasion to the South into our eastern neighbour. This would present a country able to strike at our homeland if they wished to. We must be ready in case this occurs. Lastly, I want Coveton to be repaired and rebuilt. It is to be renamed Castle Pyria. I may choose to visit, once it has been reconstructed."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics

Last edited by Planetkiller II; 28 Feb 2004 at 13:04.
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 02:05   #156
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Yes, but arrogant people don't lile other people to act toward them arrogantly, do they?

I'd like to take this oppurtunity to state that Twin's considerate highlighting of the important parts in the post for me in an example to you all. THINK OF POOR OL' DACHI WHEN YOU TYPE UP THESE MASSIVE POSTS, WILL YOU?!

Well, to put it nicely, my king is a pompous ass.

I still think that sovereignty in return for free access isn't bad.
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 14:47   #157
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakhim
Well, I'm a pompous ass.
(GD style) "Fixed."
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 17:20   #158
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
(Überfluff style) "Fixed."
Fixed

Lakhim
He's going to reject your current proposal on the ground that it's too pompous. Be a little more respectful and me might accept.

Unread 27 Feb 2004, 17:23   #159
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Perhaps, we shall learn in time!

For now... Launch all zigs?!~:eek:
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 17:41   #160
No Dachi

FOR GREAT p0WNAGE!

Unread 27 Feb 2004, 17:53   #161
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Hurrah \o/
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 23:13   #162
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Over the course of the next week or so advancing into the Aescian forest the Heliosian First Legion was joined by a number of hastily trained skirmishers. While the new additions to the army were a slapdash conglomeration of men compared to the well armed and disciplined core of the legion, they were local men of the forest; Aescian veterans of the ongoing conflict; and they knew the land and their opponents well.

“My friends!” the Duchess of Aescul began as she greeted them. “As you will no doubt have deduced from the rather poignant stench of metal coming from yonder camp, we are no longer alone in our fight.” She paused while the propriety cheering died down. “However; while the plate and mesh of our legion allies makes them fearsome on the battlefield, the tremendous clamour they produce and the birds raining down from the trees overcome by the noxious scent as they pass, does somewhat limit their abilities as scouts!”

This time the interruption was somewhat less a matter of politeness as the laughter took its time to subside. “On the morrow we shall set forth once more into the north where, no doubt, the bulk of the Darmanian forces await our arrival with some trepidation. You know this land of ours, how to move throughout it unseen, how to detect those who attempt the same; and thus is your task. Go now and rest, for tomorrow there is much to be done.”

Ione stepped down off the cart from which she had spoken and went back into the command tent. While the canvas structure had been torn up and packed onto a wagon at the break of every dawn to be erected again with the fall of dusk, the sparse furnishings had rapidly come to feel like home.

“Don’t you think that was just a bit melodramatic?” Richard asked as she entered.

“No. They are loyal and brave to be certain, and have spent many seasons in skirmishes with our Darmanian aggressors. But in all honesty their intelligence does leave something to be desired. Strategic planning for them consists mostly of not drinking while at war for fear the smell might alert some foe to their presence.”

“It worked for a long time too. I’m definitely happier about having them doing our scouting. As you so graphically pointed out, heavy armour wasn’t really designed for that sort of work.”

“I told them to go and have some rest, you probably ought to do the same thing, you haven’t had more than ten hours sleep in the past week.”

“I know, but I’ve got to give the reinforcements a look over.” Richard said as he pulled himself up and made his way to the flap. ”Now they’ve arrived we’re back up to full strength though, always a good thing. I’ll sleep easier tonight.”

“Only if you give yourself time to.” She replied to his departing back.

The important bits as requested
  • I am carrying on with the invasion of the Aescian forest.
  • My troops are:
  • 1000 Men at Arms
  • 160 Skirmishers as scouts
  • 200 archers in support
  • 60 mounted knights as shock troops to deal with problem spots
  • My general has 4 Loyalty, 7 attack skill, 8 defence skill and 4 logistical capability.
  • My troops have basic training.
  • My civilisation has one point spent on improved heavy infantry.

[edit] Added extra generals stats required. [/edit]

Last edited by Richpur; 29 Feb 2004 at 00:19.
Richpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 01:35   #163
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Well then, my troops march in two weeks (IE when ever hewitt next posts) .
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 12:54   #164
No Dachi

Rich has provided some exemplerary (not sure if that's a word) orders. There is but one tiny fault I can find and that's that I need all four of the General's stats rather than just offense and defense.

Unread 28 Feb 2004, 15:22   #165
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

The Battle For Ios
A bit more detailed and better order.

-------------------------------------------
Daimyo Shimazu Hideyoshi (5/10/6/3)
Taisho Ryu Shingen (6/7/2/8)

4 Samurai (Archers) - 240 Horse Archers
2 Samurai (Spear) - 400 Spear Sergeants
2 Samurai (Sword) - 400 Men-At-Arms
1 Retainers - 60 Royal Knights

Improved Spear Infantry - 1
Improved Heavy Infantry - 2
Improved Ranged Cavalry 2

Lord Bentley (6/2/10/6)
Lord Gerard (7/1/9/5)

1 King's unit of Mounted Knights (60 men)
2 units of Mounted Knights (93 men)
2 units of Horse Archers (86 men)
2 units of Men-At-Arms (272 men)
2 units of Spear Sergeants (224 men)
2 units of Longbowmen (400 men)
4 units of Peasants (754 men)
Catapult (6 EP)

Chivalry
Improved Ranged Cavalry - 1
Improved Heavy Cavalry - 2
Improved Archers - 1
-------------------------------------------

All forces, generals and lords have been gathered together into one large army, by the order of King Fluffie. The four leaders are to jointly hunt down the remaining Northmen forces in Ios, starting with the organised eighthundred under the command of General Kierdron (6/8/3/4). Since he is bad at bad at defence, an offensive will be launched against him, under the command of Daimyo Shimazu Hideyoshi (5/10/6/3), the other generals shall be used as sub-commanders or something like that.
Once that battle has been fought and depending on the casualties taken, King Fluffie himself shall join the forces, leaving Lord Gerard (7/1/9/5) behind to steward his Kingdom. The army, still with the Samurai forces should they still so wish to aid Ios, shall then begin its march into the Northmen's land. They shall not rape and pillage, they shall behave, but they will take over the Kingdom. If still alive, King Bieldric is to be captured.
However, first off all Ios must be rid of the invaders, more specific orders on the invasion of the Northmen's land afterwards.

edit
Make those 800 from Kiedron 2800, as Crazy told me so. An offensive course of action is still to be taken, due to Kiedron sucking at defence. If however the battle turns bad and defending course of action is needed, lord Bentley shall take over the steering wheel and use his superior defending skills.

Last edited by Fluffie; 28 Feb 2004 at 18:06.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 17:25   #166
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Just for you Mr ND.

Improved Agritculture - 3
Improved Heavy Infantry - 2
Improved Ranged Cavalry 2
Improved Cannon Ships - 1
Improved Aircraft Carriers - 1

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 17:39   #167
No Dachi

Thank you. That didn't take very long, did it?

Unread 28 Feb 2004, 17:42   #168
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Look at how l33tly the necessary parts are already integrated in my post of Northmen smiting-ness
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 17:43   #169
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Took me bloody ages.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 17:59   #170
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

tells something about yer karma, eh?
Unread 28 Feb 2004, 18:11   #171
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

I looooove carmel.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2004, 17:32   #172
No Dachi

The War of the Southern Shore Escalates
Queen Silia of Likothania, generally considered something of an oddball kingdom for its pro-female heirarchy, has ordered the invasion of the Kingdom of Lestoria to the south. With King Lestat having ordered the invasion of the Kingdom of Estia to Lestoria's east to involve the full Lestorian army, Lestoria is ill-placed to put up any kind of resistance.

Indeed, as soon as Lady Firlasha led the main Likothanian force acorss the border, it became clear that the campaign was going to be an easy one. Whilst Likothanian Generals are famously incapable of organising decent supply lines, they are renowned as generally good tacticians, and indeed with Firlasha and Lady Silisnos working in tandom, and no opposing force for the Lestorians to field, there was very little that could go wrong with the invasion. Meeting at Northforest, a small town inside Lestorian territory, both Generals decided collectively that, with the entirity of the Lestorian army in Estia and with the Estian army rapidly bearing down on them, there was no way that the Lestorians would be able to counter-attack effectively. Thus, they combined their forces and, with Silisnos the subordinate, and together marched southward on the Lestorian capital of [whatever it was, I forget].

Still they were completely unopposed, and so the Likothians have set up siege lines around [Lestorian capital], while the Ballista and Trebuchet pound away at its walls. King Lestat can only hold out inside for as long as the walls do, for once there is but one breach the Likothanian troops will be able to storm the castle with ease. Lestorian discontent with King Lestat is growing rapidly at his lack of action and his inability to defend the kingdom adequately. The lack of logistical capabilities of the Likothanian Generals is not causing a problem, yet.

Unread 3 Mar 2004, 22:32   #173
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Urbanica Prepares for War:

Special war budget, YS 1087

Spending:
Bureaucracy- 9% (12 EP)
Military- ~70% (97 EP)
Homeland Security- ~7% (9 EP)
Re-investment- ~14% (21 EP)

Military Spending

New Units:
One Trebuchet - P 10 EP, U 10 EP
One Mounted Sergeants - P 6 EP, U 6 EP
Two Arbelesters - P 8 EP, U 5 EP
Two Longbowmen - P 4 EP, U 6 EP
Three Men-At-Arms - P 6 EP, U 6 EP

Total: 58 EP

Upkeep:
Five Peasants- U 5 EP (Disbanding)
Mounted Knights- U 0 EP (King's Unit)
One Trebuchet- U 10 EP
Four Men-At-Arms- U 24 EP
Three Mounted Sergeants- U 18 EP
Three Horse Archers- U 15 EP
Two Spear Sergeants- U 8 EP
Two Longbowmen- U 12 EP
Two Arbelesters- U 10 EP

Total Upkeep (this turn)- 46 EP
New Upkeep (after turn)- 97 EP

ND, can you roll my generals stats so I can begin planning my little war?
Unread 6 Mar 2004, 17:38   #174
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

THE CASTLE HAS FALLEN!

All right: Here are my advantages, ND:
Resilient Economy- Level 1 (So I should have less of a penalty for going to war)
Improved Economic Integration- Level 1 (So I should get more from taking the nation over.)
Improved Mining- Level 2 (Doesn’t effect this war.)
Improved Armour- Level 3 (Ditto)
Improved Fighters- Level 1 (Zip)
Improved Bombers- Level 1 (Zilch)
Improved Education- Level 1 (Well, a turn is coming up, but nada)

Orders to come soon once I get off work.
Unread 6 Mar 2004, 18:04   #175
No Dachi

Official Ratification of the Fall of Lestoria
A couple of days back I told KoL that if Lestat didn't post within a couple of days, the castle would (being devoid of defenders) fall. As Lestat hasn't posted, the castle has indeed fallen, marking our first player-controlled nation to be conquered.

IC: After a few days, with King Lestat having hidden recluse in one of the towers of his castle for several days, having given no orders whatsoever to the city watch - its only defenders - a council of Lestoria's most important nobles came to the desicion, with boulders flung by the Lestorian siege artillery raining down on the city, that their situation was hopeless and they had no choice but to surrender. Initial terms were met with the Likothanian Generals for the cessation of hostilities between the two nations, and the keys to the city were duly handed over to Ladies Firlasha and Silisnos. Likothanian forces entered the city and occupied the keep, taking King Lestat and his extended family captive. As is usually the case with cities that surrender bloodlessly, crimes on the part of the Likothanians were minimal, and any members of the soldiery found to be taking part in these crimes were treated most harshly by their superiors, according to the wishes of the queen.

OOC: Lestoria is conquered wholesale. KoL may now integrate it as he sees fit.

The region of Lestoria is worth 48 EP added in bulk to Likothania's GDP. Although the conflict was largely bloodless and as such damage to the economy of Lestoria and to the economic growth of Likothania were minimal, it is obvious that the Likothanian officials do not have the mind for business and trade that their Lestorian predescessors held, and as such income from coastal trading has fallen. The Lestorian Generals and army have layed down their arms willingly.

Unread 6 Mar 2004, 18:51   #176
No Dachi

The War of Ios Continues...
After the disastrous Battle of Eastburr, it was clear throughout the ranks of the Northmern nobles that the ivnasion of Ios, their ancient enemy, had been a mistake. With the pathetic half-King Bieldric nowhere to be found, command of the army was quickly assumed by Lord Kierdron - a famous warrior and accomplished commander. But although a competent General, Kierdron is no less an arrogant and aggressive than Bieldric, and, confident that he still had enough men under his command to vanquish the ancestral foe once and for all, Kierdron immediately rallied whatever survivors of the battle he could and, together with his own force of 2,000 men, marched onwards toward Ulcaster. With Lord Bentley's force weakened, the General himself was quietly doubtful of the Iosi chances of stopping the Northmern before they reached the capital, but at this point he recieved word that reinforcement troops of the Eastern Barbarians who had, decades ago, taken the nation to Ios' south as their own, were fast on the way to help.

Lord Bentley had by now fallen back toward the capital, and was busy preparing a second line of defense. The Northmen would need to march uphill in order to reach Ulcaster, and Bentley quickly drew up plans to meet Kierdron head-on on one of the steeper sections of the climb (a part where the upward slope was actually noticable). Joined by the foreign troops and by Lord Gerard's forces, Bentley was now confident that the alliance forces would be able to win he coming confrontation. ith scouts reporting that the Northmern were but a day's' march away, Lord Bentley set out without delay and, the following morning, assembled his men into a line of battle.

Kierdron approached the allies' line in the beginning of the afternoon, with his still vast army of 2,800 men behind him. Although large in number, the Northmen were by now thoroughly demoralised; many had only stayed with the General for fear of being killed by his House Guard. And now they were being sent up against the very army that had defeated them so convincingly at Eastburr.

Despite the Northmens' large numbers and Kierdron's offensive capability, the battle was still largely a foregone conclusion. This time the Northmen attacked with better order, but the allies with their superior equipment and excellent morale soon won out. In just an hour, Kierdron was dead by samurai arrows and the remaining Northmen were fleeing back toward their homeland, showing no inclination to rally and continue the conflict.

Results
Taisho Ryu, having watched Bentley's again magnificent defense, has gone up to a 3 in defense himself.
Lord Bentley is further confirmed as the foremost defensive tactician in the lands.
Total victory for the allies with the Northmen running for their lives. Killed/captured ratios thus don't matter much.

Unread 6 Mar 2004, 18:55   #177
No Dachi

Lakhim
Explain your 'war budget' thing, and why it's posted for 1087 - not a budget year?

Unread 6 Mar 2004, 20:02   #178
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

It overrides the normal budget, due to recent events, and is the year that this is taking place in is 1087, I believe.

Can we assume that Hewitt isn't posting?
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 07:37   #179
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Ah no.

What you can assume that I have been so incredibly busy that I have been unable to post..... anywhere.

So having said that I will reply tonight..... maybe

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 13:13   #180
No Dachi

Lakhim
You can't change your budget. If you didn't plan for this war early enough then that's your problem. The day this turn started was 1088, and it's now several years after that, so your eight-year-budget-plan has already been implented. This 'military budget' is now officially dissallowed.

Unread 7 Mar 2004, 15:17   #181
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Lakhim
You can't change your budget. If you didn't plan for this war early enough then that's your problem. The day this turn started was 1088, and it's now several years after that, so your eight-year-budget-plan has already been implented. This 'military budget' is now officially dissallowed.
I'd just like to point out that no budget is ever set in stone, and having a war time budget is commonplace. No country that is slightly sane would start spending for a war that doesn't even seem like it has a possibility of occurring 8 years in advance, and all I am doing is scrapping the old budget and bringing in a new budget in light of the situation. If you refuse to allow the budget, then I will just call it a time of war and go into a budget deficit, then worry about balancing it later (In one year apparently). War bonds and crap like that.
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 16:32   #182
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

/ooc And with this post either I'm a military genius, or about to be dead Empire #3. ooc/

Budget of the Kingdom of Strife, FY 1088

Total income FY 1080: 84 EP
Total re-invested 1080: 20 EP (24%)
Growth rate FY 1080: 17%
Total Income FY 1088: 103 (84 * 1.17 + 5)

Spending

Bureaucracy: 10%; 10 EP
War: 71%; 73 EP
Internal Security: 10%; 10 EP
Re-investment: 9%; 10 EP

War Spending

Procurements: - 16 EP

1 Trebuchet - 10 EP
1 Man-at-Arms – 6 EP

Upkeep - 57 EP

1 Arabalester - 5 EP
4 Peasants - 4 EP
1 Mounted Knights - 0 EP
2 Spear Sergeants - 8 EP
3 Longbowmen - 18 EP
2 Horse Archers - 10 EP
1 Mounted Knights - 12 EP

Research

Improved Steel

Completed Research

Improved Forging

/ooc Military orders forthcoming. ooc/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 16:55   #183
No Dachi

Lakhim
You're violating Rule #1. If I say you can't post military budgets to override budgets you've already posted then that's final. Live with it.

Unread 7 Mar 2004, 17:10   #184
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

meh

Can you roll my stats....
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 17:30   #185
No Dachi

Question Re: Dawning Empires

'Roll' them?

Unread 7 Mar 2004, 17:33   #186
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

The general stats...roll them, please.
Unread 7 Mar 2004, 21:04   #187
No Dachi

Oh yeah. Just a moment...

Unread 7 Mar 2004, 21:08   #188
No Dachi

Lakhim
Looks like someone got lucky...

General 1: 8/9/6/10
General 2: 4/4/6/5

Unread 7 Mar 2004, 23:27   #189
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Aight, time to start planning...
Urbanican Expeditionary Force (UEF)- 1280 men
HQ
General One (8/9/6/10): Lord Enerith
--------------------------------------------------------
Infantry
Two units of Spear Sergeants
One unit of Men-at-Arms
Two units of Peasants
Cavalry
Two units of Horse Archers
One unit of Mounted Sergeants
Archers
One unit of Longbowmen

Homeland Defensive Force (HDF) - 120 men
HQ
General 2 (4/4/6/5): Lord Garneth
---------------------------------------------------------
Cavalry
One unit of Mounted Sergeants
One unit of Horse Archers

Kings Guard- 660 men
HQ
King Lakhim Natil III
Infantry
Three units of Peasants
Cavalry
One unit of Mounted Knights

Orders are to be PM'ed

Last edited by Lakhim; 8 Mar 2004 at 17:59.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 18:28   #190
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Here is a map of Urbanica:
http://home.comcast.net/~lakhim/untitled.GIF
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 21:44   #191
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

dachi or insanity - check your email and posts what i mailed or mail it back so i can post it, m'kay
i don't have a copy of my own.
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 21:57   #192
No Dachi

Since the election thread thing fell through and I seem to have a lot of time on my hands, who's up for some thread reviving?

Unread 13 Dec 2004, 23:41   #193
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Since the election thread thing fell through and I seem to have a lot of time on my hands, who's up for some thread reviving?
Reviving PW would be nicer.
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:48   #194
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

Quote:
Since the election thread thing fell through
told you it would.
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:07   #195
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane. Badger
told you it would.
Shut up.

Lakhim
But, PW involves a vastly greater amount of work.

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:11   #196
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

I am with the condition that I won't have to offer help with DM'ing the colossal replies needed since I entirely suck at it.....

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 19:23   #197
lantadors evil twin
Retired

lantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these parts

yay! revivage!
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 00:41   #198
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Well if you seriously want to revive this thread it sounds like a good idea to me... after a brief search around my backup drives I found the original country outline, map, posts, etc... Although from the dates on them I think that my invasion of the Aescian forest (also known as Darmania) is beginning to turn into a real time battle.

Anyway, any chance of knowing how that last bit (back in post #162) went before I write any more orders?

[edit]somehow I ended up with an a in 'post'... hmm[/edit]

Last edited by Richpur; 20 Dec 2004 at 23:21.
Richpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 23:37   #199
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crush. Burn. Maim. Kill!

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 15:34   #200
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

YES! Let me continue to spread my enlightened culture to the barbarians around me!