User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Jun 2007, 17:00   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
I'm SO moving to Scotland

Free Prescriptions
Free Dental care
Class sizes under 18 in primary schools

Scotland > *
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 17:04   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I'm SO moving to Scotland

But you'd be living in Scotland.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 17:12   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Free Prescriptions
Free Dental care

Scotland > *
The dark side of the force has many temptations.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 17:12   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you need dental care, its well known no scottish man with any selfrespect has any teeth.
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 17:27   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Scotland is a pritteh country.
Unlike Engerland, the ugliest country in Europe

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 17:41   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Scotland is a pritteh country.
Unlike Engerland, the ugliest country in Europe
Eh? Cumbria, N. Yorkshire, Cornwall are all very pretty, to name just a few.
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 18:08   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Free Prescriptions
balanced out by the lower salary youll have

Quote:
Free Dental care
you wont be able to find an NHS dentist

Quote:
highschool education is just as shitty and worthless as everywhere else though.

Last edited by Nodrog; 20 Jun 2007 at 18:20.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 18:57   #8
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Youre forgetting some :

1) Goverment pays university tuition costs for scottish students
2)Free bus travel for all OAPS on any service
3)Scottish Sun is 10p
4)Free wheelie bins

fs why did i leave for ireland its £4 a pint here
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 19:13   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1) He's not Scottish
2) He's not a pensioner
3) Are you kidding me?
4) See above
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 19:17   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
1) Goverment pays university tuition costs for scottish students
You have to pay it back after you graduate except they call it an endowment rather than fees.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 19:45   #11
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
fs why did i leave for ireland its £4 a pint here
It's not quite that bad. It's about €4.40 a pint at the moment, which equates to £2.95.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 23:55   #12
nightblades
Anti Grammer ****

nightblades is infamous around these partsnightblades is infamous around these partsnightblades is infamous around these partsnightblades is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
But you'd be living in Scotland.
and you have a problem with scotland
nightblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 23:57   #13
All Systems Go

And you don't?
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 23:58   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Who doesn't?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:03   #15
nightblades
Anti Grammer ****

nightblades is infamous around these partsnightblades is infamous around these partsnightblades is infamous around these partsnightblades is infamous around these parts

Quote:
And you don't?

no I certainly do not . I am scottish
nightblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:05   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightblades
no I certainly do not . I am scottish
Ah, well that's your first mistake you see
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:06   #17
All Systems Go

And you still don't?
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:18   #18
nightblades
Anti Grammer ****

Quote:
And you still don't?

No i do not . Scotland may be A god forbidden Miserable Place. But i love it and will never leve it EVER
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:25   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Free Prescriptions
Free Dental care
Obviously I am in favour of all of the above, but how much of your income goes on prescriptions? Adding up the last fifteen years, I think I've spent less than £10 on prescriptions. If you have a regular ailment then it's different, but for certain chronic conditions I seem to recall other arrangements being in place.

I haven't bothered checking, but from what I can tell if I had a worst case scenario with my NHS dentist (i.e. a band three charge every quarter for a whole year) then that'd only represent something like 3% of my income. The amount is not necessarily trivial but for a working person over the course of the year it would be managable (and avoidable unless like myself, you have very poor dental hygeine). For those with young children, or in receipt of benefits there are of course other arrangements for dental treatment.

Once again, I will state I am in favour of these policies in general, especially for people who are working but earning a low wage - but I wouldn't exaggerate the effect. I realise the tabloids are talking excitedly about the billions going to support those evil Scots, but it's really not that big a deal for most of the people on this forum (I would expect).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:28   #20
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the barnett formula still sucks donkey cock though
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:34   #21
nightblades
Anti Grammer ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
the barnett formula still sucks donkey cock though

wtf is that
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:41   #22
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tbh those reasons don't sound very appealing, i don't smoke and i prefer the taste of diet sugar free drinks so my teeth are ok and that was the best reason on the list. How are free prescriptions going to help me? I'm pretty much of the opinion parents play a greater role in nurturing a want for understanding and education than schools.

If anything that list is sending out a message that people who are chronically ill with bad teeth and idiotic children are needed in scotland. I'd be more attracted with freedoms than social welfare, so if i were a smoker and scotland hadn't banned private members clubs from smoking like in stalinist england id be 'attracted' to scotland. People throughout history have tended to be more attracted to greater freedom than state handouts no matter how benevolent those handouts are.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:46   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Hi guys I'm bored in London where can I go to live in poverty ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 00:58   #24
nightblades
Anti Grammer ****

These anti Scottish members would say Scotland . But I cant really say whair would be best
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 01:06   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
People throughout history have tended to be more attracted to greater freedom than state handouts no matter how benevolent those handouts are.
Well, maybe (although since state "handouts" in this sense are a relatively modern thing I'm not sure you could really make comparisons). "Freedom" exists within a certain context though - Europe has a lot more regulations than parts of Africa and hell Somalia barely has a government. Europe probably has more regulations than anywhere else on Earth (I have no way of justifying that of course) yet there's no shortage of people who wish to live here, even in the cold statist wastes of Scandanavia.

I'd say people are attracted to a more general idea of "the good life" which could mean a range of things. Sure, a lot of migration has been to get away from various persecutions but equally it's been moving towards things - a more general prospect of affluence - often land or work. See the novels of Steinbeck et al.

A friend of mine (junior doctor) is about to move to Australia because there he'll be given the freedom to choose the medical specialty he wants and not deal with the current system of job applications here. But that's not because Australia is freedom loving and the UK isn't, it just seems to be something we've got particularly wrong at the moment. There are plenty of Aussies who come to the UK because of a wider/better choice of jobs.

It seems more about a general notion of quality of life (or perceptions thereof) I think.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 07:49   #26
All Systems Go

Quote:
No i do not . Scotland may be A god forbidden Miserable Place. But i love it and will never leve it EVER
And I for one am eternally greatful.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 07:52   #27
All Systems Go

Quote:
tbh those reasons don't sound very appealing, i don't smoke and i prefer the taste of diet sugar free drinks so my teeth are ok
I believe it's more to do with the acid in those drinks as opposed to the sugar in them.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 08:03   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Also, it's not like you'll be guaranteed of having no teethproblems if you take care of them very well. Lot's of people just have shitty teeth to begin with, even while taking care of them all their life. I do not take that much care of my teeth, just the basic of two times brushing and I never had a problem at all in my whole life, not even the smallest thing you can imagine. I drank coke for years after years in my teenage years. A bottle a day.

*knock* *knock*
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 11:26   #29
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And I for one am eternally greatful.
This from a valleys boy, oh the irony.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 11:46   #30
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
i don't smoke and i prefer the taste of diet sugar free drinks so my teeth are ok and that was the best reason on the list.
You do know that sugar isn't the worst piece the teeth-bashing ingredients in a soda?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 11:52   #31
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
This from a valleys boy, oh the irony.
Didn't you hear, Aberdare is the place to be nowadays.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 11:54   #32
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I believe it's more to do with the acid in those drinks as opposed to the sugar in them.

Well the utterly neutral British Soft Drinks Association and Coca Cola disagree!

Quote:
Are soft drinks the cause of either dental erosion or dental caries?

National surveys have shown that dental caries in children has declined dramatically over the same period (1973-1993) that soft drink intake has increased. This has been attributed to the widespread use of fluoride toothpaste.

Many food and drink products such as fruit, sauces, pickles, wine and soft drinks do contain acid, whether natural or added. However an acid can only have an influence on enamel erosion for as long as that acid is in contact with the enamel surfaces. In addition studies on dental erosion have shown it to be a multi-factorial condition with susceptibility in individuals varying according to behaviour, lifestyle, general diet and oral hygiene practices.

Quote:
Soft drinks can dissolve teeth

One question that is frequently asked about soft drinks is whether they cause teeth to erode or dissolve. The often cited case of a tooth in a glass of 'Coca-Cola' dissolving in no way creates a real life situation.

The teeth in your mouth are constantly bathed by saliva, which is vital to the wellbeing of our teeth. This helps neutralize both the acid in soft drinks and the acid which is produced when plaque bacteria digest sugar and other carbohydrates. When you drink a 'Coca-Cola', your teeth are exposed for only a short amount of time rather than sitting for days in a glass. Any acidic drink, including fruit juice, would produce similar results. Globally, tooth decay has declined significantly over the last 20 years, even as soft drink consumption has increased, thanks to improved dental hygiene. The widespread use of fluoride in drinking water, toothpastes and mouthwashes has greatly improved dental health, making teeth more resistant to acid attack from plaque bacteria.

I wouldn't stop drinking diet carbonated drinks tbh, its my major fluid intake mechanism without it id have to increase beer intake
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 12:07   #33
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Didn't you hear, Aberdare is the place to be nowadays.
Sure, if you want to study in-breeding.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 12:25   #34
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Men in skirt without underwear
Haggis
Bagpipes

I think those three even out your pro's Smudge.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 13:03   #35
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
wtf is that
basically scotland gives all its money and resources to england, who give a figure back as calculated by the barnett formula
The english say they give too much back to scotland
The scottish say the english are ripping us off by giving us less back then we had
etc
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 13:04   #36
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Ah, well that's your first mistake you see
Quote:
Sure, if you want to study in-breeding.
says the person living/studying in wales...

Last edited by Phil^; 21 Jun 2007 at 13:10.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 13:14   #37
furball

As per most Scottish people, Phil is behind the times since I came home a week or so ago, permanently.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 13:25   #38
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
As per most Scottish people, Phil is behind the times since I came home a week or so ago, permanently.
I don't want to hurt your feelings but It's quite possible that most people can't be arsed to read every single post you write.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 14:19   #39
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
says the person living/studying in wales...
Furball's in-breeding comment was about Wales anyway.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 15:11   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
basically scotland gives all its money and resources to england, who give a figure back as calculated by the barnett formula
The english say they give too much back to scotland
The scottish say the english are ripping us off by giving us less back then we had
Scotland gets demonstrably and significantly more public expenditure per capita than England, so I don't think what you have put forward as the Scottish argument really holds water. The objections generally take a more nationalistic, idealogical bent than simply one of money. At least for the Scottish; for the English, that's more covered by the West Lothian question.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 15:20   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What if it was a radioactive wasteland populated by ravenous cannibals?
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 15:41   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If?
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 21:32   #43
AV.
Number 34

AV. is on a distinguished road

Re: the title of this post

I've already made that mistake, and to be honest, once you get past the hills and the fresh water, it's still full of teenagers with baseball hats brawling on street corners.

Or isn't that fair?
AV. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 23:23   #44
nightblades
Anti Grammer ****

Quote:
i would still stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV
I've already made that mistake, and to be honest, once you get past the hills and the fresh water, it's still full of teenagers with baseball hats brawling on street corners.

Or isn't that fair?
That unfortunately is true . They are called ned's (Chavs in England and Scavies somewhere else)

But still they are part and parcel of eny community now . And we just have to put up with the dam delinquents. I run the computer room in a club for young teenagers. and it is them i get in all the time. So i have learnt to deal with them

But enuf of me or this part of Scotland . We should get back on topic . But from what i have seen hear . That's a hard thing to do
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 23:52   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
But enuf of me or this part of Scotland . We should get back on topic
Indeed. What exactly do you think of the Barnett Formula?
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 00:17   #46
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

even lord barnett is embarrassed by the barnett formula - it was meant to be in place for 1 year (?) in the 1970's to help out and never got taken out again

recently, tony 'most of my constituency are in one of the most deprived wards in the country' actually defended the formula as 'worth it to keep the UK together', even though it means that his own constituents get less government help than most of scotland.

where is the sense in that? (and it just goes to prove what idiots there are around here that vote whoever is labour without actually looking at what the person stands for
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 00:43   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, Labour have to keep Scotland on side. If England were taken as a single body, the tories would win by a country mile.

That's not really a reason for the North East to vote for them, but then Labour has beaten the NE around with a big stick because they know there's noone else to vote for. Blair's continued nonattendance at the Durham Miners' Gala, unique of all Labour party leaders thus far, is another example of that.
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 07:13   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i would still stay
What if they let in blacks?
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 12:08   #49
nightblades
Anti Grammer ****

Quote:
What if they let in blacks?
i would still stay . i have no problem with people from other country's. living hear. and have nothing against any grupe race, religion .

other than neds,chavs,scavies they are the ones that are bringing down oure and other countrys society's.

bar them i would let eny one live hear
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 12:14   #50
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Its unfortunate that you cannot spell.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote