User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 May 2009, 09:19   #101
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Re: xVx - statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
asc e-hate doesnt count, cause asc are just hated for being best, and not because something they have done. I miss e-hate from pia, I really really "hated" ministry there.
Dr. Phil called, he wants to know why you hated ministry..?
Unread 28 May 2009, 10:54   #102
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
i think the only people who don't hate ministry are ministry but the majority of ministry actually hate ministry too.

Lots of hate.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2009, 11:23   #103
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I hate ministry
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2009, 12:02   #104
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

At the time i thought pretty much everyone hated ministry... nowdays it's more about keepin up an old trend.
I remember going through arbiter last round looking for asc/ministry planets to play around with (there just wasn't too many left to find).

e-hate is a good consept imo, especially in a round where you are severely lacking intress it helps keeping it ticking. It's too bad there isn't much anything/anyone left to hate in PA.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2009, 12:05   #105
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you couldnt hit the ministry planets though. they were far too awesome.
Unread 28 May 2009, 12:08   #106
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Irrelevance or not, I just felt the need to point out you're wrong on the internet.
The inconsistency only arises because Achi's post was made nearly three days before the xVx statement, at the beginning of the xVx naps Ascendancy thread. This was well before it became clear that xVx refused absolutely to have anything to do with the kicking of members, and thus he would have been assuming that the enormous gap between Asc and ND meant that it was an essentially 2 horse race and that a race to the bottom resulting in a third contender was not a possibility. My much later post took into account later developments.

As this is all irrelevant I felt the need to point out that you sir, are a pedant, and furthermore that I am even better at splitting hairs than u!
Unread 28 May 2009, 12:32   #107
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Why do i get the feeling that so many people adopt Jungleisms?

JungleMuffin: Setting the trends.

Btw, no reply to all these people accusing xvx of rank hypocrisy?
Unread 28 May 2009, 12:55   #108
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
you couldnt hit the ministry planets though. they were far too awesome.

Being under the bashlimit isnt to awesome
Unread 28 May 2009, 13:58   #109
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Being under the bashlimit isnt to awesome
round 16 ring a bell?
Unread 29 May 2009, 02:52   #110
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

So, going along with all this XvX/Asc politics crap, and the utter brilliance people seem to be exhibiting, I just wanted to point out how funny it is that the top 2 alliances (Hi XvX and Asc) teamed up to FC a lone Evo planet this morning, who btw, was trying to solo attack for the first time in 5 days. Bravo guys, Bravo. I thought the 14mill FI/CO or so was awesome.

/me enters vacation mode like the emo he always wanted to be.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2009, 09:43   #111
No-Bless

No-Bless is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
That was honestly the most original and unexpected response ever.
na, Remember its Olata who said it, always excpect unexpected from him
No-Bless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2009, 09:46   #112
No-Bless

No-Bless is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
you couldnt hit the ministry planets though.
Been there, done that. And actually, it was funny, you should try it too
No-Bless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2009, 18:40   #113
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
So, going along with all this XvX/Asc politics crap, and the utter brilliance people seem to be exhibiting, I just wanted to point out how funny it is that the top 2 alliances (Hi XvX and Asc) teamed up to FC a lone Evo planet this morning, who btw, was trying to solo attack for the first time in 5 days. Bravo guys, Bravo. I thought the 14mill FI/CO or so was awesome.

/me enters vacation mode like the emo he always wanted to be.
Yeah its a bit shit when you get massively outnumbered now is'nt it....

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2009, 22:55   #114
[JungleMuffin]

I think weve ascertained that having 90 people in tag, far outweighs have 3 tags of 30. Extrapolate if u wish.
Unread 30 May 2009, 00:28   #115
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

strategic disadvantage tho it is; you did chose it to be that way, there is no reason 2 or more BGs could not have flown a combined "flag of convenience" as VsN/NoX did in one round or ToF/Orbit in another. It in no way affected things when you were on the offensive, it further underlines the wisdom of the Political revolution.
Unread 30 May 2009, 01:13   #116
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAlan View Post
get out of the bitter barn and play in the hay
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2009, 01:38   #117
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

14mil fi is nothing man! was atleast 18-19mil fi/co catching me! Thats how awesome I am!
Would have been so e-cool if my plan somehow had worked, but it didnt!
I d like to thank info and xension for trying though

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2009, 03:52   #118
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
its not hate. its e-hate.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 30 May 2009, 04:43   #119
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAlan View Post
lol? So, somehow, having 130 or so planets vs 400 is not ok, but 180(or was that 270?) vs 40 is? And you're bitter? lol.

Lets put it this way. Asc was pwning this round. Anyone who whined about it, was basically told "stfu or do something about it" Something was done, and than the whining begins from some Asc peeps. Anyone want to clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Would have been so e-cool if my plan somehow had worked, but it didnt!
Anything like the Venox fake-FC on benneh plan? Because that was probably the most "wtfpwned" moment of this round

Saver of Sad

Unread 30 May 2009, 04:59   #120
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
lol? So, somehow, having 130 or so planets vs 400 is not ok, but 180(or was that 270?) vs 40 is? And you're bitter? lol.

Lets put it this way. Asc was pwning this round. Anyone who whined about it, was basically told "stfu or do something about it" Something was done, and than the whining begins from some Asc peeps. Anyone want to clarify?
Everyone whines. You did something about. We did something about it. You complained about being outnumbered and then outnumbered us, we then complained and then outnumbered you. Big whoop.

Quote:
Anything like the Venox fake-FC on benneh plan? Because that was probably the most "wtfpwned" moment of this round
Considering I'm in that gal and I have no idea what you're talking about...
Unread 30 May 2009, 05:44   #121
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:

nah man. to be closed, get fleets recalled, then get reopened -> send away fleets.

I overdid the racism though, and wont be reopened!

Quote:
Unread 30 May 2009, 06:08   #122
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
If the BGs coalition hadnt instantly collapsed the moment the tables where turned it might have been a bit fairer!
Tho to be fair if u count ROCK in the 270 (really 300 with support added) then all the BGs should count on the defensive side because afaik ROCK is about as useful to us as the BGs are proving to each other!
Unread 30 May 2009, 07:01   #123
Recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
nah man. to be closed, get fleets recalled, then get reopened -> send away fleets.

I overdid the racism though, and wont be reopened!

ahh yeah, heard about that. That would have been pretty awesome too.

JBG: Basically venox organized a FC on benneh since he was going to land on Baasb and get free roids. ETA 1 tons of fleets are PL'd on benneh, and seconds before tick benneh recalls his attack, in order to beat the FC. Tick happens, only no fleets launch. At that same time, I got a huge FI/CO wave on me, as did JM, since we were fat, which were instantly covered with all the fleets that never launched. They were all PL'd for ETA 11. In the end, Baasb was saved, JM and I were covered, and venox was the man of the day. It was truly fun to watch heh.

Saver of Sad

Unread 30 May 2009, 07:15   #124
[JungleMuffin]

Yeah!!!! Pew pew pew!!!!!
Unread 30 May 2009, 07:43   #125
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:

JBG: Basically venox organized a FC on benneh since he was going to land on Baasb and get free roids. ETA 1 tons of fleets are PL'd on benneh, and seconds before tick benneh recalls his attack, in order to beat the FC. Tick happens, only no fleets launch. At that same time, I got a huge FI/CO wave on me, as did JM, since we were fat, which were instantly covered with all the fleets that never launched. They were all PL'd for ETA 11. In the end, Baasb was saved, JM and I were covered, and venox was the man of the day. It was truly fun to watch heh.
Ah yes, JM was covered. And what good did that actually bring you?
Unread 30 May 2009, 07:44   #126
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Not really wtfpwned. You were fleet catching me on an attack i was never going to land. (it wasnt free roids it was about 350k losses afaik)

Clever yes, but meh not like it actually made me pull.
Unread 30 May 2009, 08:41   #127
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

If benneh wasn't going to land anyways changes nothing but yeah decent enough. Clearly this must have happened on the weekend as I remember none of this
Unread 30 May 2009, 12:36   #128
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Heh actually no i'm clearly not the one whos bitter here, considering i have barely been playing, though making a clever sarcy comment and watching people bite is always good entertainment!

As for the rest, pretty much what JBG said, you hit us, we hit you, blah blah. I mostly hit 1:1 and feel i have won that war even though i was outnumbered. GO ME!

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2009, 13:48   #129
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with throwing the BG's tactics back in their face to be honest. I mean 400 versus 100 was obviously bad for Ascendancy but militarily it wasn't exactly spectacularly good play. First of all because it actually required that many and secondly because Asc didn't lose catastrophic amounts of score, it just badly stunted their growth and could cost them the round without actually inflicting any kind of defeat.

But what's cost Ascendancy more than anything else is their own strategic mistakes rather than any 4 on 1 scenario, because it could have been easily avoided. Instead of "pwning the round" (because getting roids is not winning the round, it's all about being in a situation to hold them), the BGs should have been taken piecemeal. The fact we absolutely wrecked Evolution suggests we are more than capable of it. By knocking them out of the equation early we'd have been runaway winners and this would have been a very very dull (and for the BGs an utterly utterly miserable one) but competently won round.

This round has been crap in terms of alliance play; Ascendancy should have won by a mile but ****ed it royally, xVx aren't anything special but the BGs are the worst of the bunch. Killing an opponent to secure a nice round (as someone put it) that results in your utter complete destruction is so inept it's incredible. Some might claim its all about stopping Ascendancy, which is fine if you're xVx and don't really like us but people such as yourself are all bloody idiots as far as I'm concerned if you've given up on winning planetarion in any way shape or form. Get off your arse and challenge us with a proper alliance instead of this BG shitfest. If you didn't enjoy last round, then you might as well quit planetarion, because it actually resembled a proper game of it instead of the shitfests you would seem to prefer.

Bitter? Too ****ing right I'm bitter at our own shit mistakes and lack of application. We could **** off the NAP with xVx and win the round convincingly and I'd still be angry. We've made what I consider to be schoolboy errors and not got stuck in to our enemies at the start when it really counted. As much as we've been redeeming ourselves with some decent play lately and clearly ****ed off a lot of our enemies with some canny politics, this round is a ****ing shambles all round if you ask me.
Unread 30 May 2009, 13:51   #130
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

As the only independent BG that played because we were already BG size and didn't give a toss about Asc, I think we've actually enjoyed the shitfest.
Unread 30 May 2009, 13:53   #131
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

SPOOOOON hasnt had it rebound on U tho.
Unread 30 May 2009, 13:55   #132
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

We've had non-stop DLR incs for 48 hours straight. I've never had so much fun.
Unread 30 May 2009, 13:57   #133
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
As the only independent BG that played because we were already BG size and didn't give a toss about Asc, I think we've actually enjoyed the shitfest.
You're exempted from my rant.
Unread 30 May 2009, 13:58   #134
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Sounds like the BGs are just digging deeper then
First fair fight of the round tho.
Unread 30 May 2009, 14:28   #135
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Killing an opponent to secure a nice round (as someone put it) that results in your utter complete destruction is so inept it's incredible.

you can hardly blame the BGs for xVx napping asc, It was their political decision and one they will never be allowed to live down, they had the round win in the bag and threw it away.
after xvx napped asc the BGs frankly gave up, afterall why should the BGs continue to fight asc to get a xVx win if they themselves cant be bothered and are targetting the BGs.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"

Last edited by Thatcher; 30 May 2009 at 14:37.
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2009, 14:52   #136
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
you can hardly blame the BGs for xVx napping asc, It was their political decision and one they will never be allowed to live down, they had the round win in the bag and threw it away.
after xvx napped asc the BGs frankly gave up, afterall why should the BGs continue to fight asc to get a xVx win if they themselves cant be bothered and are targetting the BGs.
I question their existence more than their strategies, actually. There seems to be little point in my view to play in a size where you're so easily destroyed if someone takes unkindly to you. Politically, they could have tried and played xVx and Ascendancy off against one another until it got to a stage where they both had to fight it out and they'd be unaffected. Either they didn't want to take the risk or didn't consider themselves capable of playing the level of politics that would be required. Then again, the flipside of that is they overcooked it to a level that Ascendancy investing time in their total destruction was the only logical strategy available to them.
Unread 30 May 2009, 14:53   #137
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
The fact we absolutely wrecked Evolution suggests we are more than capable of it. By knocking them out of the equation early we'd have been runaway winners and this would have been a very very dull (and for the BGs an utterly utterly miserable one) but competently won round.
When did you wreck Evolution? As far as I'm aware they had a couple of big roid loss days (combined work of Asc/xVx and perhaps ROCK?) and then they deliberately crashed an FC into carDi. I suppose you could take credit for that cause it was your NAP with xVx that caused it but I think that's pushing it.

Correct my version of events if they're wrong (I honestly didn't pay that much attention) but that doesn't really sound like wrecking them to me. Anyway, I'm pretty sure there was a reason you didn't try and **** us up one by one whilst under heavy fire and that was cause you couldn't feasibly do it alone whilst keeping up your impressive defensive efforts. Sure, you could've tried before the block formed but that would've just sped up its formation and taken us to the situation I just described.

I know you're kings of the Universe and everything but ****ing hell you make it sound like you could've conceivably strolled to victory despite a 300 person block hitting you for 2 weeks.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2009, 14:54   #138
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously they wanted to 'fly under the radar' like DLR last round.

(in regards to Lokkens comment about their existence)
Unread 30 May 2009, 15:02   #139
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Note to Byrney: Our defence is/was rather dire early on.
Unread 30 May 2009, 15:08   #140
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Really an irrelevant point, your attacks were significantly reduced either way.
Unread 30 May 2009, 15:10   #141
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
When did you wreck Evolution? As far as I'm aware they had a couple of big roid loss days (combined work of Asc/xVx and perhaps ROCK?) and then they deliberately crashed an FC into carDi. I suppose you could take credit for that cause it was your NAP with xVx that caused it but I think that's pushing it.

Correct my version of events if they're wrong (I honestly didn't pay that much attention) but that doesn't really sound like wrecking them to me. Anyway, I'm pretty sure there was a reason you didn't try and **** us up one by one whilst under heavy fire and that was cause you couldn't feasibly do it alone whilst keeping up your impressive defensive efforts. Sure, you could've tried before the block formed but that would've just sped up its formation and taken us to the situation I just described.
That day is one of the worst combat days for any alliance I can remember. They were already under massive pressure and their ****ing huge error is a common symptom of alliances we've put in that situation. Their graph is an absolute catastrophe and losing 12 million score or so on one attack in a round as short as this is very very damaging. And as their history shows, they've lost 3 ranks, not really been capping roids back and their growth rate is on a pretty shallow trajectory.

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/graph.php?...lue&large=true

Quote:
I know you're kings of the Universe and everything but ****ing hell you make it sound like you could've conceivably strolled to victory despite a 300 person block hitting you for 2 weeks.
Absolutely if we'd addressed it early enough before you got your shit together. Ascendancy were roiding pretty freely for the first 400 ticks which suggests they were very much a viable attacking force up to then, and having taken down a couple of BG's early could have made all the difference. Instead we were greedy and kept switching targets.

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/graph.php?...lue&large=true

Sorry to those who might have hoped for some MS Paint antics again but I couldn't be arsed.
Unread 30 May 2009, 16:18   #142
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

You'd have to ask someone in Evolution but as far as I'm aware their land on carDi wasn't an error and was in fact deliberate to **** up his planet. Sure it might look stupid but who really cares. There is a considerable difference in them effectively giving up 6 weeks into a round (one they can realistically have no further impact on) and giving up in the first 2 weeks as I'm sure you can appreciate.

As for Ascendancy being a viable attacking force in first 400 ticks, yes that's fair enough. As I said though, going around bashing on BGs earlier would've just accelerated the formation of our anti-Ascendancy block and we'd have reached the tick 450 situation sooner.
Unread 30 May 2009, 16:38   #143
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
As for Ascendancy being a viable attacking force in first 400 ticks, yes that's fair enough. As I said though, going around bashing on BGs earlier would've just accelerated the formation of our anti-Ascendancy block and we'd have reached the tick 450 situation sooner.
There are always ways of avoiding situations like that arising. If all it takes is 2/3 days too you're probably going to get at least one out of the way before anything gets done against you. You're also going to have xvx and the bgs hating on each other more if they were involved. Either way, you get a wholly different dynamic.
Unread 30 May 2009, 17:13   #144
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

I really don't think you could've dispatched any of us in 2-3 days, you could've obviously taken our roids but so early in the round it's pretty trivial and killing value at that point equally so. Sure, if you'd got xVx involved maybe it would've been different but why would they have decided it was a good idea to piss off everyone who could feasibly make the round anything but an Ascendancy dominated snoozefest?

We could if and but about this all day though but frankly I can't be arsed so I'll just stop posting now.
Unread 30 May 2009, 17:25   #145
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I've come to a point in this round that I just go: meh.

This round is so incredibly ****ed up that I've stopped reading posts on AD..
Unread 30 May 2009, 17:41   #146
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I really don't think you could've dispatched any of us in 2-3 days, you could've obviously taken our roids but so early in the round it's pretty trivial and killing value at that point equally so. Sure, if you'd got xVx involved maybe it would've been different but why would they have decided it was a good idea to piss off everyone who could feasibly make the round anything but an Ascendancy dominated snoozefest?
The fact you think it's either us or us and xvx shows how limited your thinking is heh. There's always room for maneuver!

Let's be ****ing honest here though. The second war against omen last round lasted 3 days before people decided the only way to stop us was to get 4 alliances in on hitting us. I know a lot of people this round have stated we've dropped down in quality but thinking we can't take out a bg a third our size in the same amount of time is pretty silly.
Unread 30 May 2009, 17:46   #147
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
You'd have to ask someone in Evolution but as far as I'm aware their land on carDi wasn't an error and was in fact deliberate to **** up his planet. Sure it might look stupid but who really cares. There is a considerable difference in them effectively giving up 6 weeks into a round (one they can realistically have no further impact on) and giving up in the first 2 weeks as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Even if it's intentional it's a stupid decision by a desperate bunch, which is pretty much how we've achieved success - put our opponent under massive pressure and frustrate them until they make stupid mistakes. Obviously there's a difference about when you hurt an alliance, but there's also a massive difference that can be made by taking alliances out of the equation when they can hurt you most if they're of no benefit to you at all throughout the round. Taking one or two BGs off the board would have changed the whole shape of our opposition and perhaps had the added bonus of encouraging people to give up.

As JBG said, this is more about changing the political dynamic of the round than anything else. A bit of divide and conquer mixed with some excessive force to get people off the board and the result is a political situation where you can't really lose with the military force that's behind you. Our fault was a lack of military and political focus and regardless of the consequences, it's not the kind of mistake I enjoy seeing any alliance making. The BG's have lacked focus too; they focussed on hurting Ascendancy more than their own survival and are getting punished as a result. If they had been more flexible, they might not be as much on the receiving end as they are now.
Unread 30 May 2009, 19:03   #148
Recluse

The main destruction of Evo, and in essence, the cooperative efforts of the BG's, happened when XvX napped with Asc. And I don't care what XvX says, first hitting the BG's with Asc, and than declaring war on Rock, is effectively accepting Asc's NAP. You can't play both sides here. Once that happened, Myself, as well as many others in Evo, gave up. We couldn't fight Asc when we were trying to defend against XvX and Asc, and we couldn't fight XvX for the same reason, and Asc having NAP'd XvX meant that we wouldn't have their help in taking down XvX, which is what would have been a better strategy IMHO.

The BG's were small enough that they never could have played for #1, or really, anything above maybe #5, so in essance they were a force to be reckoned with only so far as whoever was #1 would have to deal with them. After 2-3 days at #1, and being 15mill behind XvX, Asc would have had a good argument for teaming with the BG's to bring down XvX, and I'm betting it would have happened. It could have continued like that for the rest of the round tbh, and the BG's would have had fun, and XvX/Asc would have had fun, always knowing what would happen when they got #1.

Alas, none of this happened, and to those in Evo that I spoke with, it seemed only that XvX had taken the easy win they were being given by Asc, and Asc sought only to ruin the BG's round after that. Like I said in my first post here, I found it funny to actually have to put up with a FC when I was not even t10, not part of a winning alliance, and not even a threat to the 2 alliances FCing me. Thats not strategic, its just plain mean :P

Saver of Sad

Unread 30 May 2009, 19:12   #149
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
The fact you think it's either us or us and xvx shows how limited your thinking is heh. There's always room for maneuver!

Let's be ****ing honest here though. The second war against omen last round lasted 3 days before people decided the only way to stop us was to get 4 alliances in on hitting us. I know a lot of people this round have stated we've dropped down in quality but thinking we can't take out a bg a third our size in the same amount of time is pretty silly.
Can't help myself

Anyway, it wasn't me who originally brought xVx up. I only mentioned them because you were basically saying that xVx joining with you would create bad blood between BGs/xVx. Without xVx involved we'd have just bashed on Asc anyway, there being no logic in hitting some other alliance we didn't really have a stance on and letting Asc grow unhindered. xVx would only have been different because there's seemingly no love lost between them and a lot of the BG members.

If you're set on using that comparison, it pretty much just shows my point about the acceleration of a block forming. Last round you were dominating Omen so a block was formed to try and balance it out. This round if you'd been crushing one of our small allies the block would've been formed with self preservation in mind.

And Lokken I know you guys like to think you control everyone's game but, lets face it, taking credit for Evolution landing an uncalced FC - which lets not forget wasn't even on your alliance - is a bit much don't you think? I'd give xVx, and in particular carDi, the credit for that if you want to hattip anywhere.

As I said before, we can if and but all day and you can link everything that happened this round to Asc, xVx, Evolution, DLR or Jesus Christ if you really want to so I guess this argument is really pretty dumb.
Unread 30 May 2009, 19:40   #150
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
And Lokken I know you guys like to think you control everyone's game but, lets face it, taking credit for Evolution landing an uncalced FC - which lets not forget wasn't even on your alliance - is a bit much don't you think? I'd give xVx, and in particular carDi, the credit for that if you want to hattip anywhere.

As I said before, we can if and but all day and you can link everything that happened this round to Asc, xVx, Evolution, DLR or Jesus Christ if you really want to so I guess this argument is really pretty dumb.
I don't think we can ever be responsible for our opponents mistakes - that's down to our opponents. All we can do is make them a bit desperate and put them in a situation where they might just say "**** it" and make stupid decisions. Much like landing on cardinal. I'm guessing some feel pretty annoyed at xVx and hurting cardinal must have made sense in the position they were in (with Ascendancy pretty much constantly launching at them and pretty much roiding them at will). No way are we responsible for killing 12 million ships, that's their fault but we're certainly responsible for putting them in the shit situation that made them probably say "**** it" in the first place as they probably felt they had nothing left to play for.

As for 'what if', this was my assessment at the start of the round. But regardless: Discipline on not switching alliance targets usually reaps rewards. Being at war (however one sided in your favour) is also pretty much a good thing as it keeps people on their toes. Hitting people you want out of the way ASAP and not hitting people you might need later is a pretty sensible way of going about your business in this game. Following those two principles instead of aimless targeting and just going for the biggest roids would undoubtedly have put us in a superior position to where we are now. And my view reflects those principles.