User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Aug 2006, 20:35   #1
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
crazed christians

i live just outside Fort Worth in Texas and we're starting to have a real problem here recently due to the religious area. This area of the US is known as the bible belt, where there are a lot of religious freaks. I mean real nutjobs, walking around in sandwich boards telling us we're sinners and the end of the world in nigh. With Haloween approaching a lot of shops have started putting out decorations. You know, witches, scarecrows, vampires, mummies, pumpkins, etc. The usual.
I was out shopping with my Aunt this weekend (for Halloween decorations) in a very big shopping centre - kinda like an all-in-one store. Before walking into the store we noticed that someone had written on the road in front (in street chalk) "Jesus is watching you, sinners". Now it was a bit odd, I'l admit it wasn't normal to see something like that, but we went in anyway.
That's when it got really weird. Being in an all-in-one store there was a lot of things that these religious fanatics had used to put their point accross. I mean ok, you wanna believe that God is vengefull and sees Halloween as a sin, then sure, that's your perogative, but when the following happens you really need to wonder - have these freaks gone a bit too far:
  • covering up a pumpkin display with a 'jesus love you' cloth
  • sticking a talking mummy's mouth together with bubble gum
  • putting cloves of garlic around every vampire's neck (funny but weird)
  • using street chalk to draw a sinner's circle around certain areas of the store
  • printing off anti-halloeen propoganda and stuffing leaflets EVERYWHERE
  • hiding all the Halloween themed candy under the literature section of the library
  • putting framed pictures of jesus everywhere in the halloween aisles
  • postit notes EVERYWHERE reading 'sinner' and 'jesus is watching you' etc

Now i'm a Southern Baptist, I'm quite religious, but I fund al this disgusting. And what's worse is the store manager clearly didn't care/empathised with them, and made no attempt to stop these individuals or call the police, etc...

seriously am i the only one who thinks that religion has gotten even insane? and is halloween really something worth targeting? thoughts??

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 20:42   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: crazed christians

thats some freaky stuff u gotta put up with
i reckon the manager probably is a follower of the same church these people belong to

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 20:51   #3
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I wouldn't step out of line if I were you!
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 20:53   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why dont you get a gun and kill them all, no one would expect that turn around!
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 20:57   #5
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Putting halloween stuff out in august, the ****ers deserve everything they get!

btw whats a sinner's circle?

these people have a strange kind of faith, basically jesus is spiritually kicking the shit out of you for sinning and saying 'luv u'
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 21:26   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
Before walking into the store we noticed that someone had written on the road in front (in street chalk) "Jesus is watching you, sinners". Now it was a bit odd, I'l admit it wasn't normal to see something like that, but we went in anyway.
If I saw that on the road I woud be afraid of a Christian with a sniper rifle 'judging me' from a third storey window.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 22:46   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

to reiterate, it's august. halloween is not approaching.
The people who go to such lengths to celebrate halloween are probably more reasonable than your so-called 'nutjobs'.
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:22   #8
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I've always considered myself somewhat religious, but fanatics that go over the top, and do stuff like the video, or your story just creep me out and make me wonder about whether or not I look like that to athiest.

A good retaliation would be finding what church they attend and placing several hundred copies of Harry Potter laying about. If they're fanatics, they probably think that he's the devil.
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:33   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
A good retaliation would be finding what church they attend and placing several hundred copies of Charles Darwin's Origin of the Species laying about. If they're fanatics, they probably think that he's the devil.
FIXED.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:42   #10
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
FIXED.
That works too, . There's also a book called "Origins" I have that's a good read on evolution and whatnot.
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:56   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
The people who go to such lengths to celebrate halloween are probably more reasonable than your so-called 'nutjobs'.
I agree with this statement, but I suspect you meant something else.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 00:05   #12
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

I'm in the Fort Worth area too from time to time. What mall was this, so I can avoid it?
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 00:09   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

take off and nuke them from orbit. it's the only way to be sure.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 00:19   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you could just calmly point out to them that a sinners circle is as pagan as halloween.

but I doubt that they are doctrinally competent.

What you can do in practice is the next time someone says that Islam is evil or fanatical. Remember this. A nutjob is a nutjob is a nutjob. They exist in all social groups, every race, every creed. The best thing you can get from this experience is learn that; and remember that Jesus wasn't a nutjob. Maybe he was the son of god. Maybe he wasn't. But he was definately a good guy.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 01:20   #15
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
to reiterate, it's august. halloween is not approaching.

haloween is only really celebrated by kids who want free sweets
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 06:40   #16
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
I'm in the Fort Worth area too from time to time. What mall was this, so I can avoid it?
It was that one off 30 near Sam's Club/Bryant Irvine, Ridglea Park or something. Can't remember it's name off the top of my head.

Quote:
A good retaliation would be finding what church they attend and placing several hundred copies of Harry Potter laying about. If they're fanatics, they probably think that he's the devil.
rofl... i'd love to do that. i remember when there was a ban in my highschool on harry potter books -- they really are ridiculous out here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all systems go
If I saw that on the road I woud be afraid of a Christian with a sniper rifle 'judging me' from a third storey window.
ROFL... crap... I really hadn't thought of that lol

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 10:32   #17
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
i'd love to do that. i remember when there was a ban in my highschool on harry potter books -- they really are ridiculous out here!
How to stop satanism
1) Ban all Harry Potter books from school

Nice one Bob, Good thinking!
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 12:10   #18
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thankgod for my countries continued decline into godlessness.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 17:14   #19
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
What you can do in practice is the next time someone says that Islam is evil or fanatical. Remember this. A nutjob is a nutjob is a nutjob. They exist in all social groups, every race, every creed.
But don't sit next to them on the bus if they are wearing a bulky vest or carrying a backpack.*

*better safe than sorry
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 17:51   #20
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
But he was definately a good guy.
Really?

Quote:
Christians are always claiming, “he’s the lamb”, “our savior”, “the king of peace”, “the embodiment of love”, amongst the many other names they associate with a loving, merciful nature. Jesus a nice guy? Not in my book. Nor in any other person’s who is capable of compassion and rationality. Let’s examine who the hell the Jesus character really is. These verses will show not only is Jesus’ “loving” nature a joke but so are the Christians who worship him. Jesus’ real mission to come to earth:

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34

Jesus says, “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace on earth! No, rather a sword lf you love your father, mother, sister, brother, more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. “The real beauty of this verse is that Jesus demands people truly love him more then they love their own family. I ask you how can we love someone that we can not see or interact with? Love is an emotion pertaining to physical existence not to faithful ideologies, yet God threatens you with Death just because your love for your mother maybe stronger than your love for him. Matthew 10:34

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. “Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. Matthew 5:17

Jesus advocates murder and death:

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. Matthew 11:20

Jesus, whose clothes are dipped in blood, has a sharp sword sticking out of his mouth. Thus attired, he treads the winepress of the wrath of God. (The winepress is the actual press that humans shall be put into so that we may be ground up.) Revelations 19:13-15

The beast and the false prophet are cast alive into a lake of fire. The rest of us the unchosen will be killed with the sword of Jesus. “An all the fowls were filled with their flesh.” Revelations 19:20-21

Jesus says he is the only way to salvation yet he purposely disillusions us so that we will go to hell:

Jesus explains that the reason he speaks in parables is so that no one will understand him, “lest . . . they . . . should understand . . . and should be converted, and I should heal them.” Matthew 13:10-15

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11-12

Jesus advocates child abuse:

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Matthew 15:4-7

Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he’ll give your a big reward. Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. To leave your child is abuse, it’s called neglect, pure and simple. Matthew 19:29

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark 7:9

A few other things about Jesus:

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come. Mark 4:25

Jesus sends the devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. Clearly Jesus could have simply sent the devils out, yet he chose instead to place them into pigs and kill them. This is called animal abuse. Mark 5:12-13

Jesus kills a fig tree for not bearing figs, even though it was out of season. Jesus must not be as smart as Christians would have us believe, for he was retarded enough to do something this silly. You’d think the son of god (god incarnate) would know that trees don’t bear fruit in dry season. Mark 11:13

Luke 12:47 Jesus okays beating slaves.
from here

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:06   #21
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Really?

from here
The pope preaches something else
And he is the vicar of Christ, Vicarius Christi

Last edited by Alessio; 21 Aug 2006 at 18:13.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:15   #22
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Really?

from here

Are you trying to be the anti-Christian version of travelr?

If so, bravo!
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 20:01   #23
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Any god who says "worship me or forever suffer" doesn't deserve my worship
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 20:59   #24
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Really?
from here
Texan got banned for this kind of trolling.

I shan't miss you when you're gone.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 22:08   #25
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

*shrug*

I was pointing out that Jesus wasn't a particularly nice person in the bible.

Just because the only link I could remember without googling was written by an idiot doesn't make the point less valid.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 22:46   #26
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
*shrug*

Just because the only link I could remember without googling was written by an idiot doesn't make the point less valid.
I think many of those things were taken out of context and interpreted badly and blindly.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 22:47   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
*shrug*

When you cut and paste an argument which states:

Quote:
Jesus advocates child abuse:

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Matthew 15:4-7
you cross the line from incompetent to contemptuous.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 22:56   #28
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I think many of those things were taken out of context and interpreted badly and blindly.
welcome to christianity
Quote:
When you cut and paste an argument which states:
you cross the line from incompetent to contemptuous.
Meh

Unread 22 Aug 2006, 15:53   #29
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Our local Church just offers an alternative for the kids around Halloween. We have a "Hebrew Market Place" where the kids plays games and get candy. Usually its about a week or two before Halloween but since we are not having a Judgement House this year we may have the Hebrew Market Place closer to Halloween.

Some preachers such as Perry Stone believe that the end times are here. Some "nut job" Christians may wrongly believe that gives them an open invitation to do crazy things.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 16:21   #30
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Is the hebrew market place run by capitalist jews? btw judgement house!?!?

i thought bible bashing americana was a myth.
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 17:11   #31
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Texan got banned for this kind of trolling.

I shan't miss you when you're gone.
I see you are still as full of **** as ever.
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 17:58   #32
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
We have a "Hebrew Market Place" where the kids plays games and get candy.
That's funny, I swore having a market place in a temple (church) made Jesus go nuts and trash the place because it was sacrilegious. I'd rather see the kids celebrating Halloween. Or they could do a Harvest festival, which is much more mellow.
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 18:03   #33
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
I see you are still as full of **** as ever.

Win!
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 18:04   #34
milo

you swore in a sentence mentioning jesus thats against gods commandments
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 19:16   #35
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Our local Church just offers an alternative for the kids around Halloween. We have a "Hebrew Market Place" where the kids plays games and get candy. Usually its about a week or two before Halloween but since we are not having a Judgement House this year we may have the Hebrew Market Place closer to Halloween.
You make baby Jesus cry
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 11:58   #36
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
That's funny, I swore having a market place in a temple (church) made Jesus go nuts and trash the place because it was sacrilegious. I'd rather see the kids celebrating Halloween. Or they could do a Harvest festival, which is much more mellow.
The market in the temple was used to separate the poor from the wealthy. To enter the Sanctuary required an offering the poor could not afford to pay.
The blood of the animals was used to cleanse their sin by the priests. Obviously the poor could not buy an animal to slaughter and were segregated inside the Temple. This is why Jesus drove them out to stop making the Temple a tool to separate people.

By the way our "Hebrew Market Place" has no actual buying or selling. Its just something fun for the kids.

Unread 24 Aug 2006, 20:38   #37
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: crazed christians

Quote:
The market in the temple was used to separate the poor from the wealthy. To enter the Sanctuary required an offering the poor could not afford to pay.
The blood of the animals was used to cleanse their sin by the priests. Obviously the poor could not buy an animal to slaughter and were segregated inside the Temple. This is why Jesus drove them out to stop making the Temple a tool to separate people.
The money changers were in the temple primarily to facilitate payment of the temple tax, which was mandatory for all--rich or poor. The tax was 1/2 shekel per year for each male at or over the age of 20 and only (Tyrian) shekels were accepted by the priests.

Animals for sacrifice could also be purchased at the temple. This was for the convenience of those who did not live nearby as they would not have to bring their animals in tow. Worshipers would offer a cow, sheep, goat and the poorest would offer a dove.

At first glance, neither the sale of animals nor the changing of money appears to be grounds for outrage. If your religion requires payment only in a particular currency and uses animals in its services, then money changers and animal sellers would seem to be a convenience if not a necessity. If the animals at the temple were too expensive then you could bring your own from home or buy them elsewhere or just buy a cheaper animal. Likewise, if the rates charged by the money changers was too high, then you could buy shekels from someone else. It's certainly possible that the 1/2 shekel tax was too high for some people but it's difficult to see how driving the money changers out of temple would have helped the poor to pay the tax.

However, Tyrian shekels were noted for their uniform weight and fineness (silver content). In some respects, they were better than the roman coinage which would have been the "official" currency of the region. One of the principles of coinage is that bad money drives out good money, so shekels may not have circulated much at all as people would have hoarded shekels and spent other coinage instead. Shekels could have commanded a premium over other coinage (although again, it's not clear that the money changers at the temple would have been able to charge that much more than anyone else).

One possibility is that the money changers at the temple (with the cooperation of the priests) may have been able to corner the (local) market on shekels. With little competition, they woiuld have been able to charge whatever they could get. They would sell you only enough shekels to pay your own tax, which you would then pay to the priests, and the priests would sell the shekels back to the money changers (splitting the profits). With the slow pace of commerce at that time, there may not have been enough additional shekels coming into Jerusalem to overthrow their monopoly.

Thus, the priest's opposition to Jesus might not have been only on religious grounds (cue conspiratorial music ).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 01:00   #38
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Thus, the priest's opposition to Jesus might not have been only on religious grounds (cue conspiratorial music ).
Jesus rarely displays his anger and displeasure with such demonstrative action and such fervent emotion. Passover was the celebration of God's deliverance of the Israelites from the bondage of Egypt. God's people came to Jerusalem and the Temple from all over the world to remember and celebrate God's powerful grace. For this celebration to be turned into a time for scrounging money out of Israelite visitors was a desecration of the Passover Feast and the Temple. Jesus doesn’t want us to turn God’s Temple into a place to transact business and to take advantage of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Instead, he wants the fellowship of his people to be a place of deliverance, grace, and prayer!

Jesus invades the Temple to restore it to its purpose. This was to be a place of prayer. This place was to open to all the nations. This place wasn't about making a profit off people seeking God. This place wasn't about merchandising the grace of God. While Jesus' actions were bold and shocking to those of his day, we have a tendency to let the distance in both time and culture soften the implications. If Jesus invades our hearts, our worship, our religious places and times, what sacred cows will he drive away? Are we open to other nations and cultures? Are we about being a place and people of prayer? How have we sold out our Savior and our worship of him to our over-commercialized culture? How have we let religious charlatans fleece God-seeking people? And if our bodies are God's temple, then what does this all mean for us?

Quoted from this website.

Unread 26 Aug 2006, 07:12   #39
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: crazed christians

Quote:
Jesus rarely displays his anger and displeasure with such demonstrative action and such fervent emotion. Passover was the celebration of God's deliverance of the Israelites from the bondage of Egypt. God's people came to Jerusalem and the Temple from all over the world to remember and celebrate God's powerful grace. For this celebration to be turned into a time for scrounging money out of Israelite visitors was a desecration of the Passover Feast and the Temple. Jesus doesn’t want us to turn God’s Temple into a place to transact business and to take advantage of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Instead, he wants the fellowship of his people to be a place of deliverance, grace, and prayer!
The Temple Tax was a long-standing institution, probably dating from the exodus out of Egypt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exod. 30:11-16
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, When thou takest the sum of the children of Israel after their number, then shall they give every man a ransom for his soul unto the LORD, when thou numberest them; that there be no plague among them, when thou numberest them. This they shall give, every one that passeth among them that are numbered, half a shekel after the shekel of the sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) an half shekel shall be the offering of the LORD. Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less than half a shekel, when they give an offering unto the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls. And thou shalt take the atonement money of the children of Israel, and shalt appoint it for the service of the tabernacle of the congregation; that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.
Jesus himself pays the Temple Tax (actually, he instructs Peter to pay for both of them):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt. 17:27
Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.
I guess it's easy to dispense with the money changers when you can get your shekel from a fish. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote