User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 11 Aug 2009, 22:29   #1
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about
ND pollitics

Is there anyone in ND who could explain what your plan is at this time? Im confused.

Last night Apprime roided your planets, I took the liberty of retalling one of your attackers as a neutral by stander. Then this afternoon, you help the same apprimes who roided you last night by providing them with fleets for a fleetcatch.

What is your motivation? Is there some deep strategy behind assisting the people who just tried to roid you in an organized manner? Or are you simply someones 'bitch'?

Sofar I was confused about your pollitics, but last nights events took away even the little understanding I had for your playstyle.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 00:54   #2
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: ND pollitics

dont worry, your not the only one!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 02:26   #3
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

People in glass houses...
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 02:49   #4
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
People in glass houses...
If you could back that up with anything relevant it would improve your post a great deal. If not, well then atleast it sounded witty.
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 02:52   #5
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That's what I was going for.
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 11:54   #6
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

who the **** is ND ?

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 13:44   #7
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post
Is there anyone in ND who could explain what your plan is at this time? Im confused.

Last night Apprime roided your planets, I took the liberty of retalling one of your attackers as a neutral by stander. Then this afternoon, you help the same apprimes who roided you last night by providing them with fleets for a fleetcatch.

What is your motivation? Is there some deep strategy behind assisting the people who just tried to roid you in an organized manner? Or are you simply someones 'bitch'?

Sofar I was confused about your pollitics, but last nights events took away even the little understanding I had for your playstyle.
As the politics HC for ND

I think i can answer this!

Here goes........................ Mind your own F*****G business!

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 14:06   #8
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post

There there vladdy, it was mix getting fced, and i kinda see his point. So what happend?

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 14:23   #9
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

No one other than apprime can win this round atm truthfully so our actions in joining the FC in question has no political ramifications. Whatever the outcome of that FC including p3ngs attacking us for the last days would make any difference to the rankings in anyway. Nothing would have changed thus it can't be considered political but nothing more than boredom? something to do that was amusing at the time?

You seek reason where there is none

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 14:25   #10
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Wild guess here: Some people were idling in the ND private channels.

Some dude said "hey guys I heard there is a fc happening! anyone up for it?"

Some other dudes said "yeah sure! coords?"

Im not a betting man, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the way it happened.

Edit: reading between the lines of Vlads post, it seems I was warm.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 15:01   #11
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
who the **** is ND ?
who the fk are you?
Unread 12 Aug 2009, 15:11   #12
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
You seek reason where there is none
Maybe make this your alliance creed? Sounds kind of catchy.

But thank you for awnserring my question. Makes sense to me.
Unread 15 Aug 2009, 11:39   #13
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Well I can’t speak in any capacity for a ND as I’m only a peon un-aware of the complex interactions amongst the universe's greatest etc etc. Anyway my interpretation ND's politics this round ->

We were happy to join the block as we had no desire for any single dominant ally as has been seen in previous rounds with asc. It swiftly became clear early on that Apprime was an alliance in a class of its own this round and therefore had to be opposed with overwhelming force. However alliance objectives have to be fluid and realistic and ND’s changed as the round progressed meaning that change was inevitable.

On the rare occasions I ventured into the block channel it seemed to be gm and munkee just abusing everyone and planning attacks on 2:10 / 11:1 over and over. While this is OK for awhile, on numerous occasions penguins didn’t even launch on their targets and actually launched on ND's for unknown reasons. There were also alot of communication screw ups as to other gals being hit resulting in many nights of piggying. When you combine this mutual failure with the constant abuse from gm/munkee - things between ND and the block are unlikely to end well. When it became clear that ND no longer had any chance of winning the round, our participation became even more reluctant as we were hitting hard targets (causing inactivity amongst the members) with little direct benefits or contributions to ND's objectives.

Upon leaving the block we had no plans to attack penguins in the slightest, if anything we would avoid penguin planets for afew days to ease tensions. Vladel issued a 'well hit anyone that hits us' statement and ND went on to happily gal-raid the neutrals and fat gals that had been building up.

However Penguins were clearly unhappy with our new neutral position and struck out at the ND heavy gals (8+ ND etc) making their intentions clear. Sadly ND over-estimated Penguins commitment to win the round and under-estimated their petty aims for 'revenge'. In my eyes this ended the round and decided the alliance winner, as it led to increased co-operation between ND and the Apprime block and alot of Penguins fleets remained focused on ND as 'easy roids' while Apprime picked off their planets at will. I found Penguins actions particularly odd as only afew days before ND left the block to gal-raid - VR did exactly the same with no consequences. Sadly the Penguins HC's let emotion come ahead of reason and instead of trying to achieve the round win, they gave up and went on the 'righteous' crusade of killing the 'betrayers'.

Alot of people have the misconception that ND left the block with the aims of joining Apprime block and sucking off cardi and chums. This is totally untrue, penguins just weren’t politically astute enough to realise our intentions. In the end it didn’t work out how the majority of ND would have wanted, as the majority of the members were eager for CT to win - however I think we can all agree the best alliance in both military and politics won in the end.

Edit: In reference to the FC on Mix, I was campaigning against it as it served no purpose for the ND members to get involved since we benefitted little and stuck out our neck for no good reason. My fleet was asked to join and I refused admittedly in part because Mix is a friend but I object to FC's in general especially when there is no longer any rankings to be decided. Also at the time I believe we were working in co-operation on some attacks with Apprime but we never had a NAP so them attacking us while we attack with them is always a possibility.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2009, 22:13   #14
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
We were happy to join the block as we had no desire for any single dominant ally as has been seen in previous rounds with asc. It swiftly became clear early on that Apprime was an alliance in a class of its own this round and therefore had to be opposed with overwhelming force. However alliance objectives have to be fluid and realistic and ND’s changed as the round progressed meaning that change was inevitable.
Just wanna address these two points. Firstly, I'm pretty sure Ascendancy has only ever dominated as described once, r28 (the only round where this was the intention, playing strong from the get-go), so please don't subtley try and play the evil-Asc-round-killers card, it's getting old!

Secondly, to claim that Apprime were opposed with overwhelming force is misinformation, it was simply overwhelming numbers. Apprime were very good, but I don't think they were as tested as they could have been if there'd been a strong alliance to challenge them militarily (think how Asc and Omen were challenged r30) or politically (an alliance aiming for the win holding a block together...), which brings us back to the topic.

Why question ND's politics? Penguins' politics were at much greater fault. From being swept aside early on, they were handed an opportunity on a plate by Ascendancy, and they wasted it. Don't get me wrong, Conspiracy's politics were equally dire, but we expect these things from them.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2009, 22:41   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I felt ND politics were perfectly adequate. They had a huge stack of roids, and only came a cropper when Apprime and Ascendancy started to really dominate which if Lukeylove's account is correct isn't their fault. Because if p3nguins had kept their focus, they'd still have been in it and we'd have had to continue gunning for p3ng or CT. Indeed if p3ng had kept at it, ND might have become a contender, as they were in a fantastic position gaining roids without too much bother.
Unread 15 Aug 2009, 23:55   #16
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well I can’t speak in any capacity for a ND as I’m only a peon un-aware of the complex interactions amongst the universe's greatest etc etc. Anyway my interpretation ND's politics this round ->

On the rare occasions I ventured into the block channel it seemed to be gm and munkee just abusing everyone and planning attacks on 2:10 / 11:1 over and over. While this is OK for awhile, on numerous occasions penguins didn’t even launch on their targets and actually launched on ND's for unknown reasons. There were also alot of communication screw ups as to other gals being hit resulting in many nights of piggying. When you combine this mutual failure with the constant abuse from gm/munkee - things between ND and the block are unlikely to end well. When it became clear that ND no longer had any chance of winning the round, our participation became even more reluctant as we were hitting hard targets (causing inactivity amongst the members) with little direct benefits or contributions to ND's objectives.

Upon leaving the block we had no plans to attack penguins in the slightest, if anything we would avoid penguin planets for afew days to ease tensions. Vladel issued a 'well hit anyone that hits us' statement and ND went on to happily gal-raid the neutrals and fat gals that had been building up.

However Penguins were clearly unhappy with our new neutral position and struck out at the ND heavy gals (8+ ND etc) making their intentions clear. Sadly ND over-estimated Penguins commitment to win the round and under-estimated their petty aims for 'revenge'. In my eyes this ended the round and decided the alliance winner, as it led to increased co-operation between ND and the Apprime block and alot of Penguins fleets remained focused on ND as 'easy roids' while Apprime picked off their planets at will. I found Penguins actions particularly odd as only afew days before ND left the block to gal-raid - VR did exactly the same with no consequences. Sadly the Penguins HC's let emotion come ahead of reason and instead of trying to achieve the round win, they gave up and went on the 'righteous' crusade of killing the 'betrayers'.

Alot of people have the misconception that ND left the block with the aims of joining Apprime block and sucking off cardi and chums. This is totally untrue, penguins just weren’t politically astute enough to realise our intentions. In the end it didn’t work out how the majority of ND would have wanted, as the majority of the members were eager for CT to win - however I think we can all agree the best alliance in both military and politics won in the end.

Edit: In reference to the FC on Mix, I was campaigning against it as it served no purpose for the ND members to get involved since we benefitted little and stuck out our neck for no good reason. My fleet was asked to join and I refused admittedly in part because Mix is a friend but I object to FC's in general especially when there is no longer any rankings to be decided. Also at the time I believe we were working in co-operation on some attacks with Apprime but we never had a NAP so them attacking us while we attack with them is always a possibility.
ur talking crap, or if your not, i guess chances of ec and nd working together are exactly zero. but unless ne1 is getting excited, LL is talking crap.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 00:21   #17
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbee
ur talking crap, or if your not, i guess chances of ec and nd working together are exactly zero. but unless ne1 is getting excited, LL is talking crap.
What the **** does this even mean?

To be honest I thought Lukey's recollection was fairly accurate.
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 09:29   #18
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
Want to expand on that?

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 11:41   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I guess ND was thinking they could let p3ng and CT deal with App/Asc and benefit from the war to leapfrog 1 or 2 of them.
Clear lack of vision and/or ambition. But if they're happy with their round and the fact they let their #1 rank planet down, I won't lose sleep either.
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 11:51   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
I guess ND was thinking they could let p3ng and CT deal with App/Asc and benefit from the war to leapfrog 1 or 2 of them.
Clear lack of vision and/or ambition. But if they're happy with their round and the fact they let their #1 rank planet down, I won't lose sleep either.
If your response is to target ND and lose, I think you should be losing ****tons.
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 12:59   #21
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

p3ng had already lost when they attacked ND though, no?
I didnt really pay too much attention but it looked asif it was pretty much over by then...

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 13:58   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm pretty sure from your perspective p3nguins had lost from pt -1 wish.
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 20:33   #23
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Want to expand on that?
EC and ND did joint politics this round (to the extent we could veto each others political agreements if one party didnt like it). with one exception we went into everything together (NDs agreement with apprime).

as i ran politics for EC i was in constant touch with ND HC regarding it i think i have have a far better idea why ND hc did anything in the past round.

on this basis iam saying LL's account is a great story but thats all it is. the fact LL doesnt appear to know of the EC/ND agreement is evidence enough that he really wasnt 'in the know'.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 20:37   #24
Vladel
Retired

simple answer is i'm a slipperly bugger :P

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 22:01   #25
MiX
Who cares?

Well then, I can thank Lukey for giving the awnser to my question from his point of view. It was a good post, very understandable.

Im not saying p3nguin pollitics have been great, far from it. But I have a better insight in those and can estimate their mistakes much better. I asked for an ND point of view and LukeyLove was nice enough to provide me one.

Vladel and Thatcher both comment in this post without awnsering my question. Both are talking about knowing a great deal. Sounds important and very cool guys, but not very useful or constructive. If you really really know, which you both seem to do, then please share it with us rather than complaining other peoples point of view is not correct.

That would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 22:23   #26
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

They can't, the first rule of Massively Gay Mutual Bukkake Club...
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 07:32   #27
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
EC and ND did joint politics this round (to the extent we could veto each others political agreements if one party didnt like it). with one exception we went into everything together (NDs agreement with apprime).

as i ran politics for EC i was in constant touch with ND HC regarding it i think i have have a far better idea why ND hc did anything in the past round.

on this basis iam saying LL's account is a great story but thats all it is. the fact LL doesnt appear to know of the EC/ND agreement is evidence enough that he really wasnt 'in the know'.
Heh, I was obviously aware that we had an arrangement with EC and I would view ND's agreement with Apprime as proof that the agreement with EC might not be as binding as you might of thought. I would like to think that ND's HC's are more likely to divulge the truth behind their actions to their BC's than the HC's of a napped alliance in the opposing block. Since your 'in the know' would you like to point out any specific errors in my account?

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 09:08   #28
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Kind of interesting how ND acted at the end, considering theyd been allied "until the round finishes Jungle" with CT for the past 7-800. You would think that once agreeing to a round long alliance, they would perhaps refrain from assisting their allies only rival for #1.

An alliance run by intellectually impaired, for the intellectually impaired. Suppose its silly to expect any more from them.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 11:27   #29
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Duplicity is the very nature of pa politics; assuming ppl will stick to a position whether they said they would or not is rather naive.

Given that CT is a byword for inconstancy of political positioning in this game I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. [not that either pots or kettles are black these days ofc ]

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 17 Aug 2009 at 11:34.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 17:29   #30
Vladel
Retired

Stopping the best alliance from winning never has appealed to me which is what we would have been doing by attacking apprime till the end. The last week should be settled between the contenders and tbh p3ngs and CT should have been more than enough to stop apprime from winning but they failed.

As for participating in the FC, as the mil HC i made a decision regarding an alliance that had been annoying the DCs with solo fleets for some time. You guys were attacking us, there was a chance to FC someone and members were bored. Do you really need it spelling out?

And for munglejuffin just because i'm tired of you not knowing what you are talking about! It was a nap till the end of the round that was never violated. EC were our only allies which again was not violated.

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 18:47   #31
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
And for munglejuffin just because i'm tired of you not knowing what you are talking about! It was a nap till the end of the round that was never violated. EC were our only allies which again was not violated.
"Napped with ND/EC, avoidance with P3" was in CT's topic from PT 7-800.
Some of us could read.
Of course during the last week we got a ton of p3ng inc, but at least one CT HC had issues with us retaling p3ng members ...
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 18:53   #32
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Why question ND's politics? Penguins' politics were at much greater fault. From being swept aside early on, they were handed an opportunity on a plate by Ascendancy, and they wasted it. Don't get me wrong, Conspiracy's politics were equally dire, but we expect these things from them.
what kind of opportunity are you talking about ?

the moment asc dropped out of the block and teamed up with Apprime on the top p3nguin gal + other big p3nguins, we lost much of the so called handed opportunity.

p3nguins were ranked 2 at that time like 8 million behind CT and about same score then Apprime, while we had to face Asc and Apprime incs + random shit.
Ct crashed their value lead and p3nguins got a bit knocked down by asc/apprime. (incl loosing our top planet due to some mysterious circumstances)

By then it was pretty obvious the roundwin would be only achieved if the remaining block of CT/ND/EC/VR and p3ng would continue hitting apprime full force. VR were the first to drop out, followed by ND, while we couldnt beat Apprime to loose many roids or roids at all.

NewDawn chickend out once more, and no it wasnt p3nguins hitting ND first (in raids) - i am not talking about some random hits - it was ND who stopped avoiding p3nguin planets in their galraids "we have no nap or any agreements with p3nguins" (i remember 6 waves on my scan planet) and thus we decided to hit some ND gals.
Actually we just did the same NewDawn did and went for easier targets instead (ND).
While ND probably hoped to achieve a top3 position with knocking us down seeing they had a big roid lead over us. They cooperated in attacks with apprime/asc. Unfortunately they were still hit by apprime, asc and ofc p3nguins.

The roundwin wasnt possible for p3nguins at that point, members tired of 2:10 and 11:1 etc bla bla and also there was the need to land some XP attacks, which was hardly possible to gain in those brave fighting gals.
The fact we passed CT and ended 2nd was just due some good XP landings in the last 2 days of the round.

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 18:59   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

I hope you tried some diplomacy to get people on side rather than sat there hoping people would offer to help.
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:09   #34
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Everything m0rpheus said is largely bollocks. Some actual defence in the first week of August would have won us the round, as those 2 or 3 of us that did bother to defend can attest. In terms of actual incomings, you'd have been hard pushed to guess that there were several alliances hitting us - realistically we could've covered nearly everything that week with moderate defensive activity. Competent diplomacy would've certainly helped, but nobody else can be blamed for the fact that when we really needed to push to keep our roidlead, we only had 5-10 semi-regular defenders out of an alliance of 70.

There's perhaps more to say on this matter, but the real turning point came when we were hit by moderate Asc and Apprime incs, and yet I couldn't get hold of a single anti-CR or anti-FR fleet in 2 hours of frantic phone calls.
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:15   #35
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Everything m0rpheus said is largely bollocks. Some actual defence in the first week of August would have won us the round, as those 2 or 3 of us that did bother to defend can attest. In terms of actual incomings, you'd have been hard pushed to guess that there were several alliances hitting us - realistically we could've covered nearly everything that week with moderate defensive activity. Competent diplomacy would've certainly helped, but nobody else can be blamed for the fact that when we really needed to push to keep our roidlead, we only had 5-10 semi-regular defenders out of an alliance of 70.

There's perhaps more to say on this matter, but the real turning point came when we were hit by moderate Asc and Apprime incs, and yet I couldn't get hold of a single anti-CR or anti-FR fleet in 2 hours of frantic phone calls.
you mean the one night you dcéd for 2 hours ?

your the right to judge alliance activity of p3nguins!!!

wait where did your planet end ? rank 700 ? probably cause of bad p3nguin defence...

stop playing dirt now, play a round from tick1 to the last, before you comment on anything

Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:18   #36
MiX
Who cares?

Lets stay on topic guys!

Thanks m0 for giving us your point of view on ND politics. If people want to discuss p3nguins then please make a seperate thread about that. Of course interactions between p3n and ND are still relevant inhere.
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 22:21   #37
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

LOL TOMMY!!! you are comedy gold seriously! i hope you do as much "dc work" in your next ally im sure they will welcome the idle times
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 23:04   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Lets stay on topic guys!

Thanks m0 for giving us your point of view on ND politics. If people want to discuss p3nguins then please make a seperate thread about that. Of course interactions between p3n and ND are still relevant inhere.
Hm the issue we have is some p3nguins questioning ND strategy as being key to their downfall, with people's retort simply being that p3nguins could have done more themselves. In that sense, there's far more to this topic than just actual interaction, as by not examining p3nguins, you aren't giving ND a fair defence here.
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 23:07   #39
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I didn't say I worked the whole round like that - things were generally good, except for that one week. Every night between 3 and 5 August I took over from Nacho when he had to go, and every night there was sod all defence, hence the massive roidloss. I'm not saying things were terrible all round or that I was the world's most active player (I was planning on being unemployed for the round, but look how that turned out) - just that when it mattered, nobody bothered. If you're wanting to dispute it, ask yourself why between 3am and 5am on the morning of August 5th there was exactly one defence fleet offered. I don't remember either of you offering a damn thing, and I'm fairly sure we lost 7k roids in that one night - not to a massive block, but almost exclusively to two alliances, one of which was well below the alliance cap and massively smaller than us in terms of average score.

PS. I'm fairly sure I sent 2 or 3 def fleets every night of the round - which considering my 18 hour work shifts is hardly indicative of a lack of team effort. I apologise for finishing #746 when I didn't have time to play, and for having a week of exams just before the end, and for switching to scanning when our regular scanners disappeared, but I didn't see anyone complaining about it at the time. If you're going to blame the round's failings on ND, it's only fair to examine where we went wrong ourselves - and the simple and correct answer is a total lack of defensive effort.

Last edited by Tommy; 17 Aug 2009 at 23:18.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2009, 23:11   #40
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Hm the issue we have is some p3nguins questioning ND strategy as being key to their downfall, with people's retort simply being that p3nguins could have done more themselves. In that sense, there's far more to this topic than just actual interaction, as by not examining p3nguins, you aren't giving ND a fair defence here.
Its ok, if p3nguins actions are for whatever reasons a motivation for what ND did that would be relevant and it can be discussed here too. The thing Im personally most interested in is still NDs goal for this round, what were they thinking when making important decisions? etc. If their thinking was/might have been related to p3nguins we can certainly talk about that.

My issue was more about Tommy + munkee who have some unsorted buisness completely related to p3nguins and not ND. Actually not even related to any inter alliance pollitics.
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 06:31   #41
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Well nd and ec future relations may end up being in tatters since killerbee no longer around and only hc in nd I trusted was vlad and he retired too so after the agreement on politics had been broken by nd this round they better come up with a plausable reason to me via mail or pm or there will be nothing in future as I don't like what happened yes I am happy apprime won they deserved it more then others but the shitty way nd did it was not in my eyes correct

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 07:40   #42
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Is there gonna b ND alliance at all next round? Do they have enough ppl to carry on?

Last edited by neroon; 18 Aug 2009 at 09:58.
neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 08:07   #43
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
If you're going to blame the round's failings on ND, it's only fair to examine where we went wrong ourselves - and the simple and correct answer is a total lack of defensive effort.
i wasnt blaiming anything on ND, we would have most likely lost aswell, even if VR and ND didnt leave the block, however chances went more and more slim after that, which is a fact.

Unread 18 Aug 2009, 12:35   #44
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I don't think there can be too much said about mistakes in politics this round. Everyone showed a willingness to hit hard targets consistantly and in the end the best alliance won.

I thought ND had a pretty good round, except the last few days their defence was shocking. They had no real reason to stick around in the block till the end since they weren't in the race for #1. Although apprime was courteous about targeting ND in the end, I don't think they had a realistic chance for top planet.

Only mistake p3n made from my POV was letting a certain galaxy have too much influence and that pissed everyone in the block off. Later on even when there was only 1 mill between the top3 alliances it already seemed like p3n had given up on finishing #1, some of their key members went inactive after losing roids and you just can't afford that in a race for top alliance.

CT were strange to deal with at times, venox and gm didn't always share the same opinions so depending on what you wanted done you'd have to talk to one of them rather than the other. Felt like CT were most bitter alliance when asc left the block.

The round was actually pretty close, only a few days before the round ended 4 apprime members got closed and their lead was only like 5 million in reality, with ct/p3n having lots of better options to gain xp. p3n at least tried to the last two days, although their last night target was just plain weird. They snatched 2nd place because of it. If you can't handle another alliance 2 vs 1 you'll have very slim chances at winning in pa and p3n/CT couldn't this round.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 12:47   #45
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
4 apprime members got closed and their lead was only like 5 million in reality
hmmm ive been inactive for the past 2/3 weeks. whats the story here?
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 13:25   #46
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
hmmm ive been inactive for the past 2/3 weeks. whats the story here?
cheating by some proxy thingy, dont know jack about these things.. :D shocking
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 18:27   #47
Vladel
Retired

Quote:
Its ok, if p3nguins actions are for whatever reasons a motivation for what ND did that would be relevant and it can be discussed here too. The thing Im personally most interested in is still NDs goal for this round, what were they thinking when making important decisions? etc. If their thinking was/might have been related to p3nguins we can certainly talk about that.

My issue was more about Tommy + munkee who have some unsorted buisness completely related to p3nguins and not ND. Actually not even related to any inter alliance pollitics.
Mix i already told you

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 18:52   #48
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
Mix i already told you
I would like to hear other persons point of view as well. Besides, you have explained the motivation for participating in the fleetcatch to me. But that is just a small part of a full round. If you like you could start by telling me:

- What was your goal after realizing ND was not going to be a contender for the win?
- When did you realize this?
- What was the approach to achieve this new goal?
- Did you actually have the goal to contend for the #1 spot pre round? Or is that already a wrong assumption on my part?

To me it seems you guys sort of got lost after leaving the block. That maybe true or untrue, I really dont know. Please enlighten me!
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 21:29   #49
Vladel
Retired

Ok i'll give you as full an answer as i can because sometimes during a round i make a drunk snap decision :P

1- goal was ruin the round for whoever came after our roids first! (sorry p3ngs)
2- i realised this after i decided it :P
3- Attack them mercillessly with their enemies
4- origonally we were gonna contend for the win but mid round my internet went down for over a week and a HC stepped down which effectively ended us when coupled with a nub bc starting a war with our rounds planned ally.

After i took us out the block ( where the intention was to let the top 3 fight out who deserves to win) which i did because it wasn't really our fight in the grand scheme of things because a winner should deserve to win which i thought neither CT or p3ngs deserved unless together they could pin apprime back. sadly at this point p3ngs unloaded on us which was before we had even attacked with apprime.

This ofc brought us back to answer #1 #2 and #3 which meant p3ngs kinda sealed their own fate at that point. Had they left us alone, we would have gone to what i had planned to do which was help EC gain ally ranks which i had agreed to help them do much earlier in the round.

Rnd 33 Retired
Unread 19 Aug 2009, 00:00   #50
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

You have one terrible avatar btw

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote