User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Sep 2011, 21:47   #1
Althalus
Persistently Bored

Althalus is on a distinguished road
Post Formal War Declaration

This morning DFWTK landed a dastardly attack on our poor selfless scan planet. It seems to us this was a pre-meditative attack on an unseemly innocent scanner, who had done nothing wrong to upset the balance of the universe and had even volunteered his time and resources to be part of #scans.

Planets like this should not have to endure hostile fleets. They are charity planets, whose goal is to help anyone and everyone with their scanning needs, regardless of alliance.

ROCK cannot stand by and idly watch as selfless charitable planets like this are torn apart by structure killers. This is why we are officially declaring war on the evil DFWTK alliance for knowingly landing such an attack on a harmless scan planet.

This is not the first time they attacked with structure killers and they were advised that it is seen as an act of war and if repeated ROCK would not sit idle but infact view it as a declaration of war. This advice was repeated again this morning when they repeated their attack. However our warning was ignored and considered a joke.

We strongly urge the rest of the universe to let ROCK and DFWTK battle it out 1v1, as a political toe-in-the-water-temp-test in which we hope higher ranked alliances will follow some day.

- Angelus ROCK HHC
Althalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2011, 21:51   #2
Trio

Trio is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Formal War Declaration

This was a decision we had to make due to the nature of the attacks on us with structure killers. Warnings were given but ignored.
It is now time for war!

Trio
ROCK HC
Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2011, 23:40   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

So you're just going to war with DFWTK to avoid getting TGV incs or?
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 06:49   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good luck ROCK! Kick butt!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 08:54   #5
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Kargfool why you think all the universe is twisting around you, while it's not. You amuse me more with every post you do.

Good luck, ROCK!
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 11:30   #6
Slowfinger
Registered Abuser

Slowfinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
So you're just going to war with DFWTK to avoid getting TGV incs or?
Yes, oh center of the universe, we have done this just because we decided to avoid TGV incs. You guessed it right oh great one

Edit : Noobed up the smiley

r16 - 82nd.
r17+ Sabbatical.
r43 - the temptation was too great.

Last edited by Slowfinger; 24 Sep 2011 at 11:35.
Slowfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 15:19   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowfinger View Post
Yes, oh center of the universe, we have done this just because we decided to avoid TGV incs. You guessed it right oh great one

Edit : Noobed up the smiley
Why have you approached Ascendancy for a teamup on DFWTK then?
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 15:33   #8
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

whats that got to do with tgv? im being serious not trolling.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 15:40   #9
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

Quote:
Rock didn't want asc hitting DFWTK but because they are a bunch of opportunistic bottom feeders they jumped on them anyway
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 15:58   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
whats that got to do with tgv? im being serious not trolling.
Oh im sorry, I thought this was a forum where people could discuss things.
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 15:58   #11
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Yeah what can we say, we learnt from the best *cough*ultores*cough*
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 16:14   #12
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Oh im sorry, I thought this was a forum where people could discuss things.
Yes and in a discussion I ask 'What does rock talking to asc to hi dwftk or whatever have to do with TGV' ... normally in a discussion you then reply

cause i really have no clue what rock asc and dwtfk have to do with tgv incs
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 16:59   #13
Althalus
Persistently Bored

Althalus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We have not approached ANYONE for a teamup on DFWTK. In fact the opposite, we have been insisting that we do not want any help and want this to be a clean 1v1 fight.

However as you will all know we cannot prevent people attacking other people so, although I will take the opportunity to reiterate how ROCK wants a clean fight between just ourselves and DFWTK, we cannot force people not to attack a target if they want.

Today we had incomings from other alliances as well as DFWTK, does that mean I should go around and accuse them of teaming up with DFWTK?

Oh and before anyone mentions "but you must have told people you were P targetting DFWTK?" then you obviously are not paying attention to this thread.

- Angelus ROCK HHC
Althalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 18:16   #14
Karn

Karn is an unknown quantity at this point

This is way to one sided so let me get our (DFWTK) view on things.

We set up a Gal attack which had a lot of Rock in it. - Planned as they had been hitting us for while now with mutliple attack buddies to help them.

Attack went off as usual with our horrible covereage.. We are better defenders then attackers!

About 6 hours later Angelus comes in to our dfwtk channel and Demands us to recall a particular fleet as someone had sent sk's and it was a scanner and thats apparently a no - no! This is news to me. Didnt really believe this but then I also got info from other hc's later that day that this was a bit of a bad thing to do...

One of our new guys sent SK's to this planet, It was just a normal 2-3 man teamup. It was not planned to SK him but not really that fussed about it to be honest as we have had sk's land on us before. So no biggy. Well thats what I thought. The fact that Angelus just comes in and Demanded we recall the fleet or its War made me not want to listen to him either.

Anyways skip forward a day and wake up this morning to 10 BS fleets heading to our scanner all with SK's in it.. Easily defended no problem. got more incs all day and then guess what. Ascendancy also started hitting us.. cool they just taking what they can where they can. I thought it was planned by Rock as I know they never come on their own vs us but was later told that there was a forums post about a fair 1v1.. dont believe that for a second but oh well, whatever. So I tried and failed a FC on Ascendancy with what little ships i had around to try and get them to think twice on hitting us with Rock.

Then I get Asc and rock in our dfwtk chan laughing at our FC (Yeah it was fail - MY BADD) but the funny thing came up about the post on forums and this is how i found out about the "FAIR FIGHT"!

Next tick ROCK have sent fleets attacking the guys that sent fleets to FC Ascendancy.

So please dont tell me your not helping each other and are fighting a Fair fight. We are happy to take you on 1v1 but dont talk total nonsense and try and get everyones sympathy. Actually take us on fair and square 1v1 or just dont make these posts up.

Karn
DFWTK HC
Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 18:39   #15
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

It is how Hosie said it. We are a bunch on oppurtunistic bastards who decided to hit you, just like we have hit other alliances this round after finding out they have loads of fleets out.

You guys FCing me was funny and you have now met the B-Team of the Ascendancy Trollsquad.

ROCK hitting you back on the coords of my attackers aint weird. You are @ war and my galaxy has multiple ROCKs in it. We didnt coordinate it, they saw those fleets out and hit you back. All is fair in love and war.

Btw, nice FC!

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 18:50   #16
Maxi

Maxi has a spectacular aura aboutMaxi has a spectacular aura about

*yawns* at a war with rock
Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2011, 21:03   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
oh i must have missed that meeting , the only 1 i can remember is where angelus asked me if we (thats ascendancy btw) would avoid them for 3 days so they could have a war with dfwtk

so i mailed our tag (still ascendancy in case your not keeping up)and told them not to hit rock for 3 days so they could have a war with dfwtk
now i did also mention in the mail that as we are opportunistic cnuts that rock would probably soak up all the def we could hit dfwtk after them which would increase our chances of landing
then Pt went and got Fc by dfwtk
so no we (still ascendancy) are not teaming with rock just avoiding them for 2 more days

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 00:46   #18
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

dont worry karg knows about being opportunistic ... and a cnut
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 01:29   #19
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
oh i must have missed that meeting , the only 1 i can remember is where angelus asked me if we (thats ascendancy btw) would avoid them for 3 days so they could have a war with dfwtk

so i mailed our tag (still ascendancy in case your not keeping up)and told them not to hit rock for 3 days so they could have a war with dfwtk
now i did also mention in the mail that as we are opportunistic cnuts that rock would probably soak up all the def we could hit dfwtk after them which would increase our chances of landing
then Pt went and got Fc by dfwtk
so no we (still ascendancy) are not teaming with rock just avoiding them for 2 more days
ok, so just to make sure i got this straight.

In order to enable Rock to have a 'fair' fight they approached Asc for a avoidance (fair does, prolly what any decent PA political person would do). Asc grant this wish, and to enable Rock to have their 'fair' fight you attack their opponents. But above all YOU ARE NOT TEAMING, just untipping the balance(if any existed) a bit in favour of Rock. I certainly see now how you guys can justify all the times you partaken in a block.

Another all time high in the rich history of Asc in the making! you freaking noobbashers don't even deserve to be thrown a shoe at imho.

GL with the trolling folks!

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 01:31   #20
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
ok, so just to make sure i got this straight.

In order to enable Rock to have a 'fair' fight they approached Asc for a avoidance (fair does, prolly what any decent PA political person would do). Asc grant this wish, and to enable Rock to have their 'fair' fight you attack their opponents. But above all YOU ARE NOT TEAMING, just untipping the balance(if any existed) a bit in favour of Rock. I certainly see now how you guys can justify all the times you partaken in a block.

Another all time high in the rich history of Asc in the making! you freaking noobbashers don't even deserve to be thrown a shoe at imho.

Asc can now sit smugly. Desired effect achieved!

Anyway, ontopic; good luck Rock. I will be sitting and watching this war from the sidelines with interest

Last edited by Zeyi; 25 Sep 2011 at 01:41.
Zeyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 07:31   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In order to enable Rock to have a 'fair' fight they approached Asc for a avoidance (fair does, prolly what any decent PA political person would do). Asc grant this wish, and to enable Rock to have their 'fair' fight you attack their opponents. But above all YOU ARE NOT TEAMING, just untipping the balance(if any existed) a bit in favour of Rock.
Really? This is something you did not expect from Ascendancy? Much to learn you have, young grasshopper.

Quote:
I certainly see now how you guys can justify all the times you partaken in a block.
Unlike what many people on AD would have you believe, you don't actually need to justify being in a block in PA. Just like you don't need to justify throwing dice in Monopoly or equipping a weapon in World of Warcraft. Though we could still call them ghey n00bs, I guess.

Quote:
I think it is pretty amusing. Keep up the good work, Gz & co!

Quote:
I'm getting a little tired of the constant accusations of trolling that have plagued AD recently. While I understand that people who don't have any other arguments have no choice but to go in with the ad hominem, and also understand that some people find it difficult to see the difference between "lol ur trollin" and "we are two people who have imperfect and incomplete information, seen from two different perspectives, but I really think you're incorrect and let me explain why", I kind of expected better from you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 09:39   #22
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Really? This is something you did not expect from Ascendancy? Much to learn you have, young grasshopper.
Can't really say i did not expect it. In fact, the entire post was meant to be somewhat of a humoristic attempt to expose, what i think to be, a flaw in Ascs train of thought/playstyle.

Quote:
Unlike what many people on AD would have you believe, you don't actually need to justify being in a block in PA. Just like you don't need to justify throwing dice in Monopoly or equipping a weapon in World of Warcraft. Though we could still call them ghey n00bs, I guess.
Agreed, blocking is a fair tactic in this game. Yet somehow, certain alliances would like to have their members believe blocking is a very bad thing. Coincidentally, this is often the alliances that thrive on support of 'smaller' 'neutral' alliances themselfs.

Quote:
I think it is pretty amusing. Keep up the good work, Gz & co!
Sorry, bit of old frustration shining through in my posting here. Been on the recieving end of Ascs 'sissy'* politics one too many a time i think.

* I refer to Ascs admitted tactic of staying out of the main fights in their prime days. While i understand the tactic to be highly effective, i personally feel this to be kind of a 'sissy' way to play this game, and primarily enjoy the wars more. (granted, i may have won a fair few battles, i never really won a war in this game, except maybe TGV(+support) vs. App in r41, and TGV vs. xVx in r42)

Quote:
I'm getting a little tired of the constant accusations of trolling that have plagued AD recently. While I understand that people who don't have any other arguments have no choice but to go in with the ad hominem, and also understand that some people find it difficult to see the difference between "lol ur trollin" and "we are two people who have imperfect and incomplete information, seen from two different perspectives, but I really think you're incorrect and let me explain why", I kind of expected better from you.
I agree, again a failed humoristic attempt at exposing 'poor' behaviour on these boards tbh. I was fairly tipsy when i made this post and forgot it is hard to get humor accross in just plain text. However, i feel honoured you have expectations for me.

Unread 25 Sep 2011, 10:08   #23
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
* I refer to Ascs admitted tactic of staying out of the main fights in their prime days. While i understand the tactic to be highly effective, i personally feel this to be kind of a 'sissy' way to play this game, and primarily enjoy the wars more. (granted, i may have won a fair few battles, i never really won a war in this game, except maybe TGV(+support) vs. App in r41, and TGV vs. xVx in r42)
In Ascendancy's "prime" the main fights were against Ascendancy. How exactly would they have stayed out of those?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 10:35   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I often fondly remember the nights I stayed up dcing when ascendancy weren't involved in any wars and only got 5 or 6 incs a week. Those were great.
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 10:58   #25
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
In Ascendancy's "prime" the main fights were against Ascendancy. How exactly would they have stayed out of those?
I didn't say Asc stayed out of all fights did i? Asc had a way to not piss off any alliances until they had allready outgrown all major competitors, and often had lasting naps with alliances on the 'other' side. Ok i shouldn't have said main fights (as they were usually the target of that idd) but early fights instead.

Unread 25 Sep 2011, 11:40   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I didn't say Asc stayed out of all fights did i? Asc had a way to not piss off any alliances until they had allready outgrown all major competitors, and often had lasting naps with alliances on the 'other' side. Ok i shouldn't have said main fights (as they were usually the target of that idd) but early fights instead.
Although this happened sometimes, ie r26/29 where we went a bit under the radar, it also didn't happen a bunch of times, r30/31 where we were targeted from fairly early on and it also didn't apply sometimes, r28/33 where there weren't really any early wars. We tried to avoid pissing off certain alliances where doing so would gain us nothing yes (a fairly sensible political principle in general). I have no idea what naps with alliances on the other side means. It sounds like a contradiction in terms to begin with. Perhaps if you could give me an example here I'd be able to figure out what you mean?
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 12:24   #27
Pt-

I dont think any of the old Ascendancy stuff can be brought up to justify/break down anything we do this round, apart from the tag being the same.

HEROES
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 12:50   #28
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

I love how this turned into an ascendancy thread, but how is the war going, those fags done anything yet ?

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 16:24   #29
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

Deep down, every thread is an ascendancy thread.
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 20:55   #30
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

how is the war going?
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 03:43   #31
Karn

Would'nt really call it a war. Rock have given up I think since they aint landed us since this War started. Pretty much been one sided to be honest. War over a noob of ours sending sk's was a dumb idea. I think they get that now that we smacked em back to their hole they crawled out from. Bit of Fun though when asc is in the mix hitting us as well with rock, or in between the rock incs hehe

We have kept to our promise though of a Fair 1v1 cant say the same about them though.
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 17:44   #32
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karn View Post
Would'nt really call it a war. Rock have given up I think since they aint landed us since this War started. Pretty much been one sided to be honest. War over a noob of ours sending sk's was a dumb idea. I think they get that now that we smacked em back to their hole they crawled out from. Bit of Fun though when asc is in the mix hitting us as well with rock, or in between the rock incs hehe

We have kept to our promise though of a Fair 1v1 cant say the same about them though.
What? smacked us back to our hole? I think you said it quite well yourself earlier in this thread when you pointed out your attack coverage was poor. So i admit you seem good at mass defending but you certainly didnt 'smack' anyone.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 00:30   #33
Pt-

Ascendancy still joining in it seems?!

HEROES
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 01:07   #34
Karn

Well I don't know what you would call it then Assassin. A lot of Our BS fleets alone have landed every day since the "WAR" started, nearly all of them with SK's. Attack coverage is still not the best but landing every day/night is good motivation.
Rock might have landed once on us so far. I think an Asc fleet got through at one point but that was it.

And yes PT-. Asc still in the mix you bastards hehehe.
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 02:02   #35
korben
Korben Dallas

korben is an unknown quantity at this point

Angelus how long you been playing this game? you sound like an ignorant child. go play with your dolls and stop telling people how your feelings have been hurt. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
We have not approached ANYONE for a teamup on DFWTK. In fact the opposite, we have been insisting that we do not want any help and want this to be a clean 1v1 fight.

However as you will all know we cannot prevent people attacking other people so, although I will take the opportunity to reiterate how ROCK wants a clean fight between just ourselves and DFWTK, we cannot force people not to attack a target if they want.

Today we had incomings from other alliances as well as DFWTK, does that mean I should go around and accuse them of teaming up with DFWTK?

Oh and before anyone mentions "but you must have told people you were P targetting DFWTK?" then you obviously are not paying attention to this thread.

- Angelus ROCK HHC
korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 07:33   #36
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karn View Post
Well I don't know what you would call it then Assassin. A lot of Our BS fleets alone have landed every day since the "WAR" started, nearly all of them with SK's. Attack coverage is still not the best but landing every day/night is good motivation.
Rock might have landed once on us so far. I think an Asc fleet got through at one point but that was it.

And yes PT-. Asc still in the mix you bastards hehehe.
I think its more then just one fleet mr Karn.. but i agree tbh at this stage of the round (only 2/1 week left) was a bad idea to start war. If this had happend when ROCK were more active we would be doing a lot better, demonstraed in the fact we only have 2 more members then yourselves but have managed to have 7 mil more score, a better average score and more points then yourselves even with your 5k roid lead on us which i found quite amusing... which is a shame really ROCK has gone inactive.

With Regads to the comments on a one on one war, we too have had peope hitting us, as you have had asc. Its nothing new when a war is taking place people will take advantage of it... especially as its declared on here publicaly so think we can stop this crap about ROCK asking asc for help. Today for example we have NGO, XVX Oddr and amusingly couple of planets are both being hit by yourselves and p3ng at the same time... but as i said i am not complaining just pointing out your not the only ones being hit by another allie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben View Post
Angelus how long you been playing this game? you sound like an ignorant child. go play with your dolls and stop telling people how your feelings have been hurt. lol
I fail to see how this is ignorant? He was replying to acusations of idiots. Seems like a decent post to me.

P.S you signed up to the forum in may and thats your first post on these boards? Might i sugest from now on you reframe fom posting

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 28 Sep 2011 at 07:49.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 08:45   #37
Karn

Not sure if you checked before the war started but you guys were more then 10mil ahead and had more roids. As for Fair 1v1 not even going to bother replying to that comment as it talks for itself for the whole thread. I have said what I wanted and that is all I am going to say on it. Yell out when you guys want to surrender in DFWTK chan.

Later
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 14:28   #38
korben
Korben Dallas

Let me point out something to you Assassin I been playing pa since round 1 how long you been doing it?

As for me posting things I don't care for all the trash talk like you children seem to do. but if someone want's to play this game then bring it on.

And my point of calling him ignorant stands, just like you have the right to call someone an idiot.

just because you believe it was a decent post does not make it one. it's an opinion just like mine was. as to posting here I believe every one has that right to do so no matter how long or short of a time they have been on these boards. so don't tell me or any one what they should reframe from doing.

you act like a small minded arrogant child, that has no room to speak about others!
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 14:39   #39
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

refrain* yo
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 15:24   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
As for me posting things I don't care for all the trash talk like you children seem to do.
Ahem:
Quote:
And my point of calling him ignorant stands, just like you have the right to call someone an idiot.
Quote:
you act like a small minded arrogant child, that has no room to speak about others!
Quote:
you sound like an ignorant child. go play with your dolls and stop telling people how your feelings have been hurt. lol
I hope you see the irony here.

Quote:
Let me point out something to you Assassin I been playing pa since round 1 how long you been doing it?
Ahem:
Quote:
as to posting here I believe every one has that right to do so no matter how long or short of a time they have been on these boards. so don't tell me or any one what they should reframe from doing.
More irony!

P.S. What's up with ending all your paragraphs with a dozen spaces?
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 15:36   #41
korben
Korben Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
refrain* yo
Yes I know how to spell that word, but I wrote it out just like Assassin to make a point. But now thinking about it maybe he would not have gotten it in the first place.

Maybe I been better off to just use the word abstain!
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 15:39   #42
korben
Korben Dallas

No I don't see the irony why don't you keep pointing out until I can see it?

as for many spaces. I did not know it bothers you so much. is that the best you got?

Quote:
Ahem:

Ahem:

More irony!

Unread 28 Sep 2011, 15:44   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

as for many spaces. I did not know it bothers you so much. is that the best you got?
Mz 1 - Korben 0
Even though you can't see it others *ahem* can

Whilst I don't want to put you off posting in the PA forums ... Please take consideration how it is perceived by other users

and welcome to the PA forums.
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 15:45   #44
korben
Korben Dallas

Quote:
Ahem:

Ahem:

More irony!

I also like to point out I did say this about trash talking, that I also can play that game. but I did notice you left that point out when you felt like Quoting me. but if this is all you have to do with your time then feel free to keep it up and enjoy!
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 15:49   #45
korben
Korben Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Mz 1 - Korben 0
Even though you can't see it others *ahem* can

Whilst I don't want to put you off posting in the PA forums ... Please take consideration how it is perceived by other users

and welcome to the PA forums.
I very much appreciate the info but I don't understand why it is an issue? does it bother people so much? is it something that upsets people? I ask because it seems like such a pety thing to me! P.S I did not know we were keeping score in this forum! Again some of you people pick out the most pety things to talk about. very sad and a waste of good time!

Last edited by korben; 28 Sep 2011 at 15:54.
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 16:05   #46
korben
Korben Dallas

Quote:
Ahem:

Ahem:

More irony!

"We're conceived in irony. We float in it from the womb. It's the amniotic fluid. It's the silver sea. It's the waters at their priest-like task, washing away guilt and purpose and responsibility. Joking but not joking. Caring but not caring. Serious but not serious."
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 16:08   #47
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Honestly, I wasn't really pointing it out for your benefit. I understand that my use of "your" might easily be construed as a reference to you personally. Rest assured: this was not in fact the case.

Quote:
No, it doesn't bother me, I was just curious. Not everything people say on the forums is a put-down, sometimes genuine questions are asked. This was one of those times. Why are you so defensive? Relax a bit, dude.

Quote:
I also like to point out I did say this about trash talking, that I also can play that game. but I did notice you left that point out when you felt like Quoting me.
I dunno, top 700 doesn't strike me as master level play. The real reason I didn't point it out, though, was that it was not relevant to the point I was trying to make: lots of great players suck at the forums, and lots of shitty players are expert propagandists.

Quote:
but if this is all you have to do with your time then feel free to keep it up and enjoy!
Well, yeah, these are forums, the point is pretty much that you reply to other people's posts. And yes, I have little else to do.
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 17:00   #48
korben
Korben Dallas

Quote:
Honestly, I wasn't really pointing it out for your benefit. I understand that my use of "your" might easily be construed as a reference to you personally. Rest assured: this was not in fact the case.

No, it doesn't bother me, I was just curious. Not everything people say on the forums is a put-down, sometimes genuine questions are asked. This was one of those times. Why are you so defensive? Relax a bit, dude.

I dunno, top 700 doesn't strike me as master level play. The real reason I didn't point it out, though, was that it was not relevant to the point I was trying to make: lots of great players suck at the forums, and lots of shitty players are expert propagandists.

Well, yeah, these are forums, the point is pretty much that you reply to other people's posts. And yes, I have little else to do.
I accept each answer you gave to be very well said and I do appreciate the info. Why am I defensive, is just how you came off in your reply to me. sorry for taking it as such. Now are you implying because of my game score this round I am not a good player? if so, point taken. does not change the fact of how long I been at the game. also does not tell much about what my goals are for each round either. the truth is I am a defender player not an attacker. So that could be why I have lower scores then others do. I could have been on the boards a long time ago, but after one of the rounds I cannot recall what round it was I did post on the board . I noticed people had a way of dissecting every nuance of ones post it just got annoying to the point I stayed away. after this I think I'm done with it again. had a great time and thank you for any kind words you wrote. all my best to you and if you don't have anything better to do read a book.
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 17:48   #49
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

(Note to MODs I have no intentions of flamming/trolling to one of our newest member of the forums lets be honest the numbers are dwindling)

Quote:
Now are you implying because of my game score this round I am not a good player? if so, point taken. does not change the fact of how long I been at the game.
It doesn't matter that you're a good player or not as long as you want to improve yourself and there are a good number of folk in PA that are happy to help.

On topic

Quote:
If you don't have anything better to do read a book.
A book I would suggest to all PA players especially those in a HC Position is The art of war - sun tzu
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 18:24   #50
korben
Korben Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
(Note to MODs I have no intentions of flamming/trolling to one of our newest member of the forums lets be honest the numbers are dwindling)

It doesn't matter that you're a good player or not as long as you want to improve yourself and there are a good number of folk in PA that are happy to help.

On topic

A book I would suggest to all PA players especially those in a HC Position is The art of war - sun tzu
Again thank you and all points taken. I will add I am very happy with how I been playing and as long as my alliance is happy with me. And I'm still here so everything must be good. take care and have a great day/night!
Korben