User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 6 Jun 2005, 07:05   #1
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough
Jedi Academy

Welcome to the Jedi Academy Thread, the main purpose of this thread will be to get characters ready for a story that will be evident if all goes well. This thread will not have much DMing, I trust you guys so don’t godmod, and if you are needing a push in the right direction I will give it but don’t expect it unless you decide to do something really stupid.

Now the Story, The Tepa Family pretty much rules Kuat, during there reign on the planet they have turned Kuat into an Industrial powerhouse. However the Family was very paranoid of all force users. As Kuat became the factory of the Republic Military they gained more power. Finally twenty years ago the head of the family had ‘brush’ with a Jedi. The Jedi did nothing, however the Patriarch was convinced the Jedi searched his mind. He vowed vengeance and built a private army in three years. Then he declared war on the Jedi and all force users, because of the power that the Tepa Family held the Republic turned a blind eye to the eradication of the Jedi.

It took five years but The Tepa Family finally got all the force users, or so they though one Jedi master and one Sith master, both equally powerful survived. Instead of battle they agreed to a truce of sorts. They set up an Academy together on the agrarian world of, Antivi. The Jedi Academy accepts all comers, however to get to the sith part you have to either climb a volcano or descend into it, or traverse a vast cavern network. Together the masters set about rebuilding there shattered orders. However eager students do sometimes have run ins with members of the other academy.

Class

First off Jedi or Sith okay, you still must get to the Academy of your choice though

Guardian- the Warriors of the Jedi, just inserts some menacing name if you want to be Sith. They are very straight forward make great leaders in wartime, but lack the skill of the Consular in using the force, or the all round capability of Sentinels.

Sentinel- These Jedi or sith are very middle of the road, they balance both combat skill with force power. They generally work as the face of the order in peace time.

Consular- This type of Jedi/Sith is rare. They are some of the most powerful force users they aren’t as strong of warriors. However there strength in the force generally balances out there weaknesses to put them on par with Guardians, but most distaste open conflict if they enjoy conflict at all.

Light saber ColorsYou have to make your light saber no one starts with one you can choose between these colors

Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Orange
Purple
Silver

NO OTHERS

Ships and such other Gear
I will vote down any thing I think too much such as anything bigger then say Millenium Falcon in size.

When it comes to race please keep it simple and to well known races. Please include the standard information, and

STILL LOOKING FOR SITH MASTER FIRST TO CLAIM IT GETS IT OKAY SO AFTER YOU POST YOUR CAHRACTER AND CLAIM YOURSELF AS THE SITH LORD PM ME…

Information on the layout of Academies forth coming, as well as I will post the first post to get the ball rolling, don’t get Trigger happy.
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 13:10   #2
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Re: Jedi Academy

During wich era will this thread be set?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 15:39   #3
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

2000 yrs before the movies, old republic
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 16:09   #4
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Name: Teyon Telma
Species: Human
Role Jedi Mater
Class: Jedi Consular
Light Saber: One Single Bladed Green
Ship: Silver Trace(Nella 330 heavy scout), link to plans
http://deckplans.00sf.com/

History: Teyon was a Jedi master in charge of finding Jedi candidates in the sparsely populated outer rim. He was in the rim when the Jedi temple on Courascant was attacked. He got the distress call, but was too late to do anything.

There was second rally point in the core at a small outpost that had not been used in 500yrs. That were Teyon went, he waited for a month for other Jedi. However when no came, Teyon opened himself to the force to see if he could find anyone in hiding. There were many force sensitive individuals, however there was only one actively using the force. Teyon decided to seek this person out.

He was pleasantly surprised when he found a Sith master instead of a Jedi. He and the Sith master fought but no one could get the best of the other. Finally it became clear that they were equal in power. Instead of continuing to fight they made a treaty and decided to help one another rebuild there orders. From there they returned to the outpost and sent out a call force sensitives could hear , to come to Antivi. They would not recognize it, some might even ignore it, but some would come to the Academy…

occ/ there we go Teyon Telma is my man/occ

Last edited by mrmao; 6 Jun 2005 at 21:46.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 19:54   #5
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Name: Remmon
Role: Starship pilot, soon to be jedi
class: none yet
lightsaber: As soon as it's built
Ship name: Unit 2 (official), Solar wind (unofficial)
Ship class: Modified Baudo staryacht ( http://deckplans.00sf.com/Baudo/Baudo.html )
Ship history: The Baudo staryacht was originally designed as a simple personal transport, fast and elegant, not to mention rather expensive, it was to be piloted by a single pilot and could comfortably carry and additional 8 passengers. However inside of the shipyards where most of these ships where built, a small group saw their combat potential. The staryachts where fast, maneuverable and had plenty of empty space. They took it upon themselves to modify the Baudo for space combat, first building the first version (aptly named Unit 1) Which was soon afterwards recovered, spread across a nearby moon after both drives and generators had simultaneously stalled. The cause, a faulty shield generator, was quickly solved and Unit 2 was built, the test pilot of unit 1 having been unable to eject from his failing vessel in time, Remmon was chosen as the new test pilot. However on the ship's first run, it jumped to hyperspace only to reappear shortly afterwards at Antivi, unknown to its makers.

*Remmon struggled with the controls of the Solar wind, its starboard engine leaking fuel and the port engine spraying its thrust over a far wider area then it was supposed to, the aft of the ship being mangled out of shape from the ship's sudden leap to hyperspace, Remmon cursed the day he offered to pilot this ship, although at the same time it had been that coincidence that had led to his arrival here. Whereever here was anyways, the planet wasn't on his starcharts and he'd jumped blindly, the navigational computer was still trying to figure out where 'here' was and thus wasn't much help either*

*Switching on his comm, Remmon hoped that at least the transmitters where still intact, most of his sensors had after all been ripped off the ship, with the exclusion of the forward navigational array*

"This is the Solar Wind calling all recieving vessels, Have lost thrust in 1 engine and limited control over the other. I'm approaching an unidentified planet and am attempting to land, please assist."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 03:28   #6
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

<Placeholder for character>
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 00:33   #7
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Draçir V’rall
Role: Whining Infant
Class: Why do people act funny when I do this?
Light Sabre: What’s that?
Ship: It was big and silver but it’s gone now.
History: Was born, got older, got taken away… where’s mummy? Are you my mummy?

[ooc] Well they say you have to start young to be a good jedi. [/ooc]
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 04:19   #8
mrmao
oh...sexy...

are you sure man?
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 12:01   #9
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Not at all, I just have longer placeholders than most people. I'll change it later today when I've finished working it all out. Seriously though, what happened to having to start training very young?
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 14:16   #10
flapjack
crashed computer

I think that was dropped after the last movie.
And before the first, look at KOTOR

Guess that's just a recent jedi counsil thingie, and when you're desperate. Well, desperate times call for desperate measures, remember?

Also, remember a certain 'Luke Skywalker'?

Unread 8 Jun 2005, 15:42   #11
mrmao
oh...sexy...

okay well if it i just a place holder my aplluase to you
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 20:21   #12
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

Name: Fyshboon
Species: Rodian (think Greedo from A New Hope)
Role: currently Pirate
Class: none yet
Light Saber: none yet
Ship: "The Piramyre"
http://deckplans.00sf.com/SoroSuub/330.html

Fyshboon has had no friends or family since the age of 14 or so, when his family was killed by pirates on a holiday trip to Naboo. The pirates took the young boy in, believing him to be harmless, to fix their droids who were damaged in combat.

The boy had always been adept with the intricacies of machines from a very early age, and quickly became a useful part of the crew. At the back of his mind though, was always revenge. He slowly reprogrammed the droids, doing them one at a time, so that they would eventually work for him and not for the pirates.

One night, after a large battle with a smuggler's ship, the pirates settled down to orbit around a small planet. Fyshboon seized his chance - the pirates were tired and unlikely to put up much of a fight. He triggered the verbal switch that would swap the droid's allegiances and massacred the human crew.

Unsure of direction for his life, Fyshboon carried on as a pirate - he was the only living person on the ship, with a relatively large crew totalling 15 droids in 2 other ships as well as his own.

Recently though, Fyshboon has been getting visions and dreams about a place called Antivi. After a large battle with some Tepa freighters that unexpectedly had some fighter support, Fyshboon took his one remaining ship, the Piramyre, and fled to this unknown planet he had been dreaming about.

Hoping to find out some answers and to fix his badly damaged ship, Fyshboon landed with his two remaining droids. Leaving one to guard it, he stepped onto Antivi.
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 23:34   #13
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Name: Incom Cortis
Race: Human
Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Weight: 175 lbs
History: 37-years ago, Morgan Cortis was born on a orbiting station over the planet Alderaan. Due to complications in his pre-mature birth, his mother, Ann Cortis was placed in a medical coma state. Her husband, Han Cortis was away on a science cruise, and his ship had suffered damage destroying its long-range communications array, thus he didn’t know that his wife had given birth. The two had been trying for years to have a kid, and Morgan was their dream child. Sadly for them, on the station was a passing Jedi. The Jedi sensed a strong connection to the Force within young Morgan, and thus attempted to reach a family member. Contacting Han’s mother, who had hated Han since he married Ann, the Jedi asked about the parent’s wishes in regards to the child. Knowing that they wanted the child badly, Han’s mother lied to the Jedi and told him they would want him trained.

Three weeks later Han returned to the station, and heard about his wife’s delivery. Rushing to her, he was stunned to find out from her, who had come out of her coma a few days ago and told the news, about the Jedi. Attempted to contact the Jedi temple was useless, for the Jedi had taken the child on a long-range trip through the galaxy in a recruitment drive, and were unable to return, nor unwilling to return the child.

After ten hard years, Ann became pregnant again. During the past ten years, Han and Ann tried to maintain contact with their son, but the Jedi made it difficult at best. With strong feelings of resentment, and fear that their newest child would be taken away, then signed on for a 10-year long-range science survey of several Outer Rim worlds. Thus Incom Cortis was born in the depths of space, and for the first ten years of his life only knew of the ship. His parents taught him the best they could, and Incom displayed an amazing aptitude with a wide variety of machinery, both in repair and assembling. He even became an assistant to the engineering crew on the ship during the last two years of the journey.

Upon reentering civilized space, Incom was enrolled in a variety of institutions to help catch him up in other areas that he was not taught in. During this time he ran into a Jedi, who sadly remarked that he sensed untapped Force potential within young Incom, confirming his parent’s fears, but that he was to old to be taken to the Jedi temple. Incom didn’t even want to go to the temple, for he heard about how his brother was taken there, never to be seen again.

The next five years passed relatively uneventfully. Incom and his family travel to several planets, where Incom would learn a new skill or trade. At the age of 16 however tragedy struck. The ship they were on was part of a large convoy that while in hyperspace triggered a deadly hyperspace mine leftover from some old war. The mine ripped the convoy out of hyperspace into the middle of a dense asteroid field. Many ships were badly damaged, and the leaders of the convery incapacitated. It was then that a Jedi made himself known, and took charge in trying to save the convoy. Guiding them via the Force, the Jedi slowly guided the ships out of the asteroid field, except for the one that Incom and his family were on. Near the outer bands of the asteroid field, their ship was struck by a large, fast moving asteroid, crippling it and causing the reactors to overload. Pleas from the ships captain for a tractor out of the field were met with refusal, for the Jedi stated that going back for their ship would result in many more deaths, and that there was nothing they could do. In desperation, Incom’s parents fought their way to an escape pod, and managed to get him into one. As the escape pod flew away from the ship towards the rest of the convoy, Incom watched as the ship holding his parents was destroyed by several asteroids.

Rescued by a transporting ignoring the Jedi’s orders, Incom crawled out of the pod only to see that the Jedi had boarded, wanting to console those that managed to live. Looking at the Jedi, the Jedi was struck still also, for the two looked practically alike, for the Jedi was actually Han and Ann’s child that was taken from them. Filled with a deep-seething rage over his parent’s death, Incom attacked his brother, but was easily restrained. His brother tried to console him, but Incom blamed him solely for the death’s of his beloved parents.

Despite an offer from his brother to come with him, Incom struck out on his own being of the legal age to take control of his life. Thanks in part to a insurance policy his parents had, Incom was left with a decent sum of money, which he used to educate himself in the ways of combat and war. In addition on their homework of Alderaan, Incom’s family had a wide variety of objects they had acquired during their travels. Arriving home on his 21st birthday, five years after his parent’s death, Incom swore revenge on his brother, and swore to protect all the other innocents from the Jedi’s ego and recklessness.

Using a rare metal ore his parents had discovered, Incom crafted a modified suit of Mandalorian armor. The ore, christened as Cortis Ore due his parents being the ones who found it, was not exceptionally strong and useful. However it had a unique structure that allowed it to create a cascade feedback in certain energy weapon, shutting them down at the cost of only a tiny fraction of its total mass. In addition, using knowledge gained from his travels and old historical records, Incom crafted his weapons specifically against Jedi.

In addition, as a side-project, Incom worked on a ancient droid that his parents found in the Outer Rim. Managing to repair it, Incom found that it was an ancient assassin droid that actually saw service against Jedi. Thinking that it would make a useful assistant, Incom fully-repaired and refitted it, in exchange the droid, which identified itself as HK-49 named Incom as his master.

During this time as well, the Tepa family declared war on the Jedi, aiming to wipe them out. Hiring out his services to them, he entered the war with many strongly suspecting him being quickly killed by a Jedi. After coming back with a Jedi’s lightsaber, along with the hand of said Jedi, his critics in the mercenary ranks slowly changed their views about him. Known as a passionate killer, willing to wait days for the right moment, with his Assassin Droid counterpart, Incom’s was also known for only going after Jedi with lethal force, despite the grumblings of his companion about wanting to slaughter more meatbags.

As the war pressed on, Incom’s collection of lightsabers increased with each Jedi he killed, though the one he wanted most eluded him, that of his brother’s. Finally, towards the end of the war, Incom and a small group of Tepa family mercenaries came upon a Jedi hiding on Dantoonie in an old farm. The battle with the Jedi was long and brutal, until it was only Incom and the Jedi left in fighting condition. Realizing that the Jedi was his brother, Incom attacked him with everything he had. Their battle was swift and vicious, and Incom found himself at the mercy of his brother. Not wanting to give up, Incom fired his thruster pack while laying on the ground and fired his SAE-Gun. The last sight that Incom saw was his brother’s arm flying away from his boy, trailing a stream of blood into the air, with the lightsaber that was clutched in the arm flying towards him.

Awakening, Incom discovered that the Tepa family had dispatched backup, that arrived to late to catch his brother (except the severed arm and lightsaber, found next to Incom’s body), but in time to save Incom. The lightsaber, despite the Cortis Ore in the faceplate of his armor, had managed to burn its way through and through Incom’s eyes. While replacement eyes were normally a relatively simple surgery, the doctor’s were baffled in that Incom rejected the cybernetics completely. Repeated attempted with different models resulted in the same thing. Yet, despite possessing only empty sockets, Incom saw things with a greater clarity than he had ever saw before.

Within days of his injuries, he was able to walk around the hospital without bumping into objects, frightening those who saw the empty sockets. He was able to the beating heart of one coming out of surgery thought the ribs, muscle and skin. He was able to see the moods of people based on the color of auras that he saw around them. He was able to see through objects, and was able to sense when events were about to happen, like a patient about to trip of fall. With the aid of his droid, Incom trough research into those with similar conditions realized that he was seeing using the Force instead of his eyes.

Within two weeks Incom left the hospital, despite doctors wanting him to stay to figure out why cybernetic implants refused to work for him. While he could see, he didn’t have precise control over his new-found force sight. Chaotic environments confused him, for he would start processing everything at once, effectively overloading him. Thus Incom did something he dreaded, he looked for one strong in the Force to help teach him.

During his recovery, the war against the Jedi had ended. Fearing that he would never properly learn how to control his new sight, Incom dreampt one evening of a distant planet, where two masters of opposing viewpoints would teach students. Waking up, Incom found himself being able to recall how to get to that planet, and thus left for the planet, still accompanied by HK-49. The one thing that stood out from the dream was a school within a volcano, which seemed to openly beacon to Incom.

Skills:
  • Mechanics – Living on a spaceship for most of his early years gave Incom a sense about machines, which aided him in being able to repair them, and construct new devices readily. Much of his armor was handcrafted by him, along with his weapons and most of the systems on HK-49.
  • Combat Abilities – After the death of his parents, Incom was taken in by an ancient master of the Echani fighting style, which was used in the past against Jedi, and to great effect against non-Jedi. Five long years were spent training under the master, during which Incom learned all that the master was able to teach.
Weapons & Equipment
  • Modified Mandalorian Armor – This type of armor was used against the Jedi by the Mandalorian’s nearly 2000 years ago. Despite the Mandalorians being defeated at the end of the war, many Jedi were slain. Covered with heavy armor able to partially deflect most weapons while suffering minimal damage, Incom further modified it to be able to keep him alive in the depths of space if need be. An attached Jet Pack allows Incom limited flight for a short period of time. In addition it uses a power-strength/speed system to double Incom’s Strength and Speed. It finally has a wide variety of built in weapons, ranging from flamethrowers to a cutting laser to others that only those that have passed from life have seen. Finally the armor is coated with Cortis Ore, which upon contact with a lightsaber, will cause a feedback loop and shut off the lightsaber while only loosing a tiny portion of its mass. While the lightsaber can normally be quickly reactivated (though there are cases of the feedback loop causing the crystals to explode), the momentary advantage it gives Incom is enough to keep the Jedi from using the lightsaber again.
  • SAR-Gun – The SAE-Gun (Scatter-Area-Effect) gun is rarely used despite being cheap and easy to make. Instead of firing a focused beam, like from a blaster, it fires out several dozen energy shards, each shard having enough energy to cause a minor burn normally. In order to create the effect however, most power packs that hold enough energy would be exhausted after one shot. Incom modified his SAE-Guns with extra-power, easily swappable power packs, giving him roughly six shots per power pack, which he can swap within a second. The base power of the shards was also increased to the point where each shard can cause a serious burn. While a Jedi is easily able to block a blaster bolt, it’s much harder to block several dozen tiny shards heading towards them in an expanding cone shaped pattern. Incom has two of these guns, holstered along each leg.
    [ooc]Think of these as a futuristic automatic shotgun[/ooc]
  • VE49 Blaster Pistols – A very rare weapon, this model of blaster is rarely used because of it’s waste of power. It’s advantage however is that the beam can be adjusted with the flick of a switch from a concentrated blast to a cone-shaped beam of destruction that possesses similar power. However each blast, while being powerful, takes up a massive amount of power. Incom worked around this by modifying the energy chamber to hold 6 mini-power packs, which can be quickly ejected and replaced with fresh packs.
    [ooc]Think of this as a futuristic six-shooter[/ooc]
  • HAST Cannon – Using primitive technology, this weapon instead of firing energy blasts, fires instead hyper-accelerated slugs that exit the rotating barrels at speeds slightly under that of sound. It can firing 100 shots in a second, while carrying enough ammunition to maintain constant firing for 30 seconds. Due to the speeds of the projectiles, accuracy is horrible, but giving the sheer firing rate, anything in the path of the projectiles will suffer.
  • Baragwin Disruptor-X Sniper Rifle – This rifle has a built in zoom function that is tied into the barrel, providing 99% accuracy once locked onto its target. The blast itself is powerful enough to damage starship armor, thus against most organic targets it vaporizes them. Due to the destruction potential, this weapon is classified as illegal in most civilized sectors, but being a member of the Tepa mercenary forces helps bypass those rules.
HK-49 – [To be completed]

Ship: Modified Barloz-Class Freighter (http://deckplans.00sf.com/CEC/Barloz.html)

Last edited by Bakan; 9 Jun 2005 at 03:08.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 23:58   #14
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Name: V'rall Tepa
Role: Exile
Class: None
Light Saber: None
Ship: None
Equipment: None

History: V’rall was the son of a high up member of the Tepa family - one Kajuun Tepa, a younger brother of the Patriarch himself. When he started private schooling at four he showed an instant liking for math, a talent remarked upon by his tutors and leading his parents to joke about how he would be running the family financial division before long.

To the great concern of his parents when he was six his teachers suddenly seemed to lose interest in setting him assignments and, increasingly allowed him to just play around and allowed him to dictate what he wanted to learn. This was frowned on but since the teachers insisted nothing was wrong it was also for the most part ignored.

Then at the age of 8, V’rall was caught floating the dining room table along the third story landing at about shoulder height with him sitting on top doing the best an eight year old can do to look regal. After this his mother only just managed to keep him from being killed there and then in the Patriarch's rage about "Jedi in his own house!" The next day both V’rall and his parents moved to the company’s facility on Coruscant where they lived relatively peacefully.

Until the start of this war that is. Suddenly being part of the family couldn’t protect V’rall and he was whisked away went into hiding. For the next six years he spent his life on a remote planet, frozen to the eyebrows and generally making a nuisance of himself floating large balls of snow and ice around.

Finally the war was over, the ship V’rall was listed as travelling on destroyed by a squadron of “pirates” two years ago and his parents returned to Coruscant by a different transport. In the place that he had come to call home V’rall saw a place where people such as him were not just tolerated, but trained. Hitching a ride on a passing smuggler vessel he swiftly convinced them that they were to take him to a planet known only to them as Antivi.

V’rall stepped out onto the planet’s surface and looked around, he waved at the open hatch and it closed tight. Then the smugglers left, convinced that they had neither seen nor heard anything of either Antivi or their passenger.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 02:44   #15
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Name: Ryo Halcyon
Role:
Class: None (Sentinel-to-be )
Light Sabre: None (calls Silver )
Ship: INCOM A-24 Sleuth Scout Vessel (Somewhat battered - Plans, etc at the same site as everyone elses)
History:
The Halcyon family has produced more than a few jedi in it's history and looked set to produce many generations more until the Tepa family declared war on the jedi. Specially trained teams of commando's and droids scoured the galaxy, discretely and indiscretely killing jedi and force-sensitives as and when they were found. The prominence of the Corellian family wasn't enough to save them from the wealth and resources of the Tepa family. It took several years but the family, considered too likely to produce another force-sensitive to be allowed to survive, was wiped out. At least according to the reports the squads submitted. But one of the jedi survived a brush with a droid death-squad and by using the force, even managed to influence the mind of a Tepa family mercenary to making him believe the jedi was dead.

Varin Halcyon fled Corellia, carrying his sisters only son, the only other Halcyon left alive with him in an A-24 Sleuth. Knowing only one place where the Tepa family wouldn't dream of looking for a child Jedi, Varin set a course for Nar Shaddaa.

The Tepa death squads were well trained and equipped to deal with Jedi and Varin's wounds were serious, beyond his somewhat limited ability to heal. Varin managed to reach Nar Shaddaa and delivered Ryo into the hands of some old friends, along with a small droid, marked HCX-01. Varin collapsed shortly after, slipping into a coma. Ryo's new adopted family tried their best, after two weeks of not moving an eyelid, Varin disappeared.

Ryo was raised on Nar Shaddaa, growing up amongst the corruption and cruelty. On his sixteenth birthday the droid Varin had left, activated, displaying a small 12 inch hologram of him. The recording explained what had happened, and how Varin hoped there were other jedi left and that he would seek them out. The droid also contained a fair amount of data on the jedi and the force, in fact it contained far more data than such a small droid ought to be capable of storing.

Ryo followed some of the basic instructions left in the droid, managing to attune to the force on several occasions, although he was unable to perform any of the amazing feats he'd seen holoflick movie jedi perform. Ten standard months later, Ryo started having visions. Sometimes the visions were calm and peaceful, images of a green serene land. Others were vibrant, full of emotion and power, bubbling hot lava and whispers of dark secrets.

Another month passed, with the visions becoming more and more frequent and vivid. He also developed a sense of direction, or purpose. Curiosity compelled him to seek out the source of these visions, as he knew without a doubt that there was a source.

He confronted his parents with the truth, and though sad, for they had genuinely come to think of him as their son, they wished him luck with his journey and gave him the control codes to Varins old ship. his adopted parents were not naive and knew this day would eventually come and so had made sure he knew how to fly, and in fact he'd become quite adept at it.

---

Ryo climbed out of the sleuth's cockpit, dropping the last few feet and was quickly followed by HCX-01 hovered gently out of the cockpit, it's spherical shape buzzing out a quick smooth orbit around his head, beeping excitedly.

Quite short, slightly gangly with a shock of unruly brown hair and dark blue eyes, Ryo took a deep breath of non-recycled air.

"Smells funny." he commented, HCX beeped a query.

"What? It doesn't smell anything like back home. Cleaner, fresher. Sort of... Alive, in a very dead way. It's quite hard to describe."

Another series of beeps.

"Well I'm sorry. I'm not very good at describing things. Perhaps I should get you fitted with an olfactory sensor package." With that, Ryo walked off, HCX paused a moment, before buzzing after him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HCX-01
HCX-01 is an experimental Jedi teaching droid, it's processor core is ultra-compact, yet extremely powerful and it's central memory takes the form of a modified Jedi Holocron. It's armed with a small blaster, and is superficially similar to a Jedi training drone (having been designed to function as one) if just a fraction larger. Personality-wise it possesses an insatiable curiosity, seemingly wanting to record everything.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 09:20   #16
flapjack
crashed computer

*As he approached the planet, Remmon noticed 2 other ships had landed already, probably having approached in a more fashionable manner then he was doing now, while another, again unidentified due to his lack of sensors, ship shooted off. The lack of response indicating his lack of comm arrays, Remmon did the only thing he still could, bring his ship down*

*Shutting down the starboard engine entirely, while throttling the port thruster down and keeping his ship in line with the maneuvering thrusters, the Solar wind drew in closer and closer to the planet's irresistable gravwell. Soon after, the navigational computer, still unaware of its location in the universe, noticed the planet as well and nicely displayed the projected orbital path and altitude from the planet's surface. With this new information, Remmon did his best to reallign his ship, hoping his ship would survive air braking, as opposed to simply reversing the main thrusters as was more common these days*

*3 minutes went by as the ship continued to slow down, now on its maneuvering thrusters only, before it touched the planet's atmosphere, the angel of impact far more shallow then usual, but far sharper then normally acceptable for atmospheric braking. A few moments later, the navigational computer froze as well, the HUDs now failing to display anything but the most basic of information while a red glow enveloped the ship, he would most certainly be visible from the surface by now, although not by those close to the academy*

*Fortunately, the ship's sleek and aerodynamic shape helped it attain some lift, which in combination with the few undamaged repulsor lifts would be enough to land the ship, as opposed to crashing it into the ground at dozens of feet per second of vertical speed. Besides Remmon, several alerts now blinked into existance, complaining about the forward thrusters overheating and external temperature approaching critical limits, Remmon simply ignored them for there was nothing he could do about it*

*Pulling back on the stick, Remmon attempted to level his ship out, with only mariginal success as the planet's horizon came into view at last, at which point the HUD also began to display altitude again. The various counters began dropping rapidly, 400m/s and 10000 feet remaining. Shutting down the main reactor with a quick movement of his left hand and simultaneously cutting power to everything but the drives, he didn't want to risk blowing his ship up if the impact was particularly nasty*

*Atmospheric braking at this point began to reduce its effect as the ship dropped below the speed of sound, external hull temperature reaching easily into thousands of degrees celcius while the inside of the ship now began to heat up rapidly as well. Various more alarms came online at this point, while a voice, or in fact several simultaneously, began to inform him of the fact the reactors where now offline, his hull was buckling and his rate of descent coupled with his atmosphere ment he should pull up. Ofcourse Remmon didn't actaully understand any of this through the blaring of sirens and screeching of the hull that where already omni-present in the small cockpit*

*As he continued to approach the ground, his speed now down to 200m/s, Remmon found himself capable of making out trees. Normally this is considered a good thing, because it means you can look for a place to land. When you're still descending at 2000 feet per minute and moving with a total speed of around 200m/s, this is not a good thing. Pulling back on the stick hard as the trees continued to approach his little ship, in the distance he could now also make out another ship, sticking up in what seemed to be a small clearing, to the left of that, there was a much larger clearing*

*Steering his ship further left, Remmon found himself able to make out various small creatures in the trees below, trying to get out of his path. Pulling back on the gear release knob, Remmon could now also hear more screeching metal as his landing gear struggled to deploy with a 150m/s headwind, while several of the alarms stopped altogether and a single voice became clearly dominant: "Altitude! Altitude!"*

*A few moments later, and another hand movement onto the panel that controlled the repulsor lifts, slamming them all to full power and well above the ship skimmed the first trees with its still only partially deployed landing gear, the trees scorching and burning where the ship's hull touched them. At the same time, Remmon realised he wasn't going to make it to the clearing, at least not without clearing some trees himself, the whining of the repulsor lifts as they where pushed well above their operational limits now draining out all other noises in the cockpit*

*Almost a full second past as the ship started to ram its way through the trees, first touching them only with the landing gear, then slamming them aside with the entire main hull as both the clearing and the ground approached. The airspeed indicator had in the meanwhile dropped to 'only' 100m/s. Then the ship burst through the last trees, slamming into the ground mere moments later, the landing gear snapping off almost simultaneously as the ship tore a deep trench across the clearing, parts of the hull snapping off as it screeched to a halt*

*Several hundred meters later, the ship finally stops, its crater becoming significantly deeper as it had continued plowing through the ground. It took Remmon a few seconds to realise that he had now actually stopped, the windscreen, if you could call it that, being covered completely in dirt, Remmon headed back towards the airlock, hoping that the front of the ship would have kept that from being covered as well*

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 09:47   #17
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

name: Charhacka Shakar
race: Omix-patra
Light Saber: red
ship: Korriban Glider

History: shrouded in Darkness. Charhacka, or Darth Monstrous, has spent his entire life erasing any and all memories of him ever existing. a former member of the Dark Jedi that once split off from the Jedi, under Zooti Frugan, and decided the Boganside of the force was more powerfull, and thus more usefull than the Ashla. During the conquering of Korriban, the Sith homeworld, Charhacka first came in contact with the mysterious Sith race. (His body had been fractured, torn apart, and generaly rendered unusable by their magicks, luckily, their magicks, and the force of the Dark Jedi, was able to keep him alive, and donate him a new body, mechanical of nature, but strong and fast enough to match his lost mortal body) He was one of the few that decided these creature's ways of magick were worthy of being added to the Dark Force's ways, and forced the entire Dark Jedi group to follow their lead. for the coming 10000 years, Sith and Jedi were at war. shortly after this, Jeer Dexton, a Sith lord, decided to break with Sith traditions, and reformed the Dark Jedi order. Charhacka followed him... spying on the Dark Jedi's every move, and relaying it all to his Sith friends. He has been doing so untill about 1000 years ago.

Charhacka Shakar looks prettymuch the same as General Grievous (he's of the same original race even) but has only 2 arms (technology was not as advanced then as it is now) He mainly uses the Force to keep the few organs he still has from rotting and dissapearing completely, but has grown so adapt at that, that it barely costs him any energy. the name was given to him by Zooti Frugan himself, Darth Monstrous, Darth, as you all know, standing for dark warrior, Monstrous, both for his looks before, and after his transformation, aswell as for his lowdown and dirty personality. Even the Sith and Dark Jedi of his time, and way in the beginning, the few Jedi that knew of his existence, were scared to death they would ever run into him... fortunatly however, He has been long forgotten now, having lived peacefully on Korriban, studying all the ancient magicks of this long forgotten and destroyed race. untill... The Tepa.... stey started killing his proteges... Sith after Sith, he felt them dying... what's that? even Jedi? even a few Dark Jedi that were killed? Something had to be done...

y'all know the rest of the Story, he meets a Jedi on this abandoned planet, they fight, a lot, then decide neighter can win... Charhacka's lightsaberskills are low for a Lord, extremely low, and his forceusing had been very draining while coming to the planet. (he had to recreate a spaceship that had not been built for over 18000 years, and keep it in space, for fuel was impossible to find on the planet of Korriban, which had been stripped of anything able to live by the Ancient Sith lords during the departure of Jeer Dexton and the Dark Jedi Order)

weapons: Red light Saber, mechanical arms and legs, the force. (tough severely weakened for combat, his skills have diminished greatly over the years, since he just invaded minds of those that got to close to him, and made them believe nothing was there to see)

Sith Ranking System

1. Reveridian - Chosen by Sith Master to be Dark Side Adept
2. Shiboku - Dark Side Adept to survive months of training
3. Valoridian - Sith Apprentice, can use Force lightning and Force choke
4. Utalli - Sith Apprentice, can use Force avalanche, Force earthquake and Force fireball
5. Gorgais - Sith Apprentice capable of succeeding Sith Master
6. Whatazor - Sith Master

Jedi Ranking System

1. Taskih Padawan - Padawan in a class, younger than 7
2. Obsiskius - Padawan in a class, 7 or older
3. Quarton - Padawan apprentice in one-on-one training with Master
4. Markib - Padawan whose completed training under Master
5. Tarnga - Jedi Knight, having passed Jedi Trials
6. Herskan - Jedi Knight with Padawan apprentice
7. Urden Plosk - Jedi Knight whose trained apprentice to Jedi Knight
8. Grentorg Civos - Jedi Master, allowed to lead other Jedi Knights
9. Kerton Rimidon - Jedi Master appointed to Jedi Council

just fyi.

there, overpowered enough to be a Sith lord for ya? :P

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 09:54   #18
Fishbone

Fyshboon looked up into the blue sky as he noticed a ship careering towards the earth, a few miles from where he himself had landed. A long smoketrail behind it put doubt into his mind as to whether anyone would survive the landing, as he saw it shoot through the foliage and out of his sight-range.

He turned to his large droid, BRBL8R, and motioned towards the direction of the crashed ship. BRB was a droid of little words, but immensely strong and powerful. His counterpart on the ship, CYAGTG, was slightly larger than a human, but much sleeker and more geared for assassin or stealth work.

"Why do ships always seem to land in the same place on huge planets?" he asked BRB, not really expecting a reply.
BRB shrugged (or what seemed to be a shrug, considering his size and proportions) and lolloped alongside, pushing the large tree branches out of the way.

As they started to approach the crash area, Fyshboon could see the smoke wafting out of the top of the trees. He halted BRB, and motioned for his gun.

BRB stood still and opened his chest. Inside was a modest armoury - 3 handguns, 2 autorifles, a few thermal detonators, and a couple of knives. Fyshboon selected a handgun, and got the autorifle out for BRB. He closed the chest plate, ensuring that the shielding was turned on, and turned back towards the crash site.

As he moved through the trees, his eyes fell on the ship.

He then wished he had brought CYA along with him, as BRB was unable to perform any kind of scans. A lifeform scan would be useful, to see if there were any survivors. More importantly, were they a threat?

He moved slowly towards the ship, and heard the sound of an airlock open, with a quick blast of air inside the ship. He ducked back into the foliage, ensuring he couldn't be seen, and watched to see what happened. BRB was not so subtle, standing behind a tree and trying to hide - not very successfully.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:50   #19
flapjack
crashed computer

*As the airlock opened, Remmon remembered he hadn't equalized the pressure in and outside the ship yet, something which he was quickly reminded off as he was blown back out of the airlock and into the side and the gunlocker. Rubbing his head, Remmon reached up for his gunbelt, it hadn't seemed important earlier, but now that he knew he could get out, he might as well be prepared*

*Once more stepping into the airlock, Remmon looked down and saw that it was about 2 meters to the ground below, not a problem. A bigger problem was the slope, it was far to steep to climb here. Thus Remmon kicked the boarding ladder down and climbed off it onto the bottom of the crater, the heat immediatly striking him as unbearable*

*In the hopes of not staying in this heat for to long, Remmon heads towards the shallower impact area, the heat there hopefully already being less and the sides climbable. Not taking long to get about 100 meters down the crater, the sides being a lot easier to climb and temperature already a lot closer to bearable. Remmon thus quickly heads up out of the crater, seeing that the grass on the entire plains has burnt down, but there appears to be little other damage*

*More interesting however, was the big black droid trying to hide itself behind a tree. Now droids normally don't try to hide, especially not if they're big and incorrectly coloured. Which ment that there had to be someone nearby that had ordered the droid to hide. Walking a bit towards the droid, Remmon's pistol still secured in its holster*

"Who's there? I think I may need a hand fixing my ship..."

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 20:55   #20
mrmao
oh...sexy...

okay there we goan no for jedi side of Acdemy info,

Central Plaza- big open area, it is a plaza, so it has no ceiling. It is primarily for training it has four corridors coming of from it. One in each cardinal dircetion, North, South East and West.

South Hall- The entracne is in this corridor also there a strorage rooms here, the storage rooms are locked and to get in you need permission of a master. There is little in the way of important supplies here. One room has a staricase that leads into the acnicent vaults that were used by Jedi Hundreds of years ago.

West Hall- In this corridor is the housing for students, there is enough room for about 50 students. Also there is a medical ward in case someone is hurt while traning.

North Hall- along this corridor are meditaion rooms. At the end is the local council cahmber and of it room for nine jedi masters.

East Hall- leads to a hanger were ships can be docked has room for ten ships.

Vaults- Thesae vaults a huge and dangerous maze. in order to get to the sith academy you have to come through here. There also might be artifacts, such as holocrons, and jedi gear down here. Extremly dangerous.

Village- There is a small town south of the academy about 2 Kilometers out. This place is the center for most activity on the surface. In additon there is a junkyard, a cantina, and docking capacity for ship.

Country side- the acdemy is in forested hills at the foot of a Volcano, the Sith Academy is in the volcano. Near the village it is mostly farms and the homesteads. most of the land is fields, there are still a few stands of trees however.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 21:14   #21
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Teyon was inside one of the meditaion chambers. He was trying to concentrate center himself, but sevreal force senstive individuals had just landed, most were above avergae in strength. He had talked with Charhacka about how to prociede, Teyon was to contact them first and let them know there options as to traning. Teyon opened himself more to the force, he had to know were the perspective students were. Two seemed to be very close, the others were scatered about however one seemed to be making his way to the Academy farily quickly. He would be here soon. Teyon grabed his lighsaber which he had placed beside him a put it back on his belt.

He headed down the empty hallway, it was very quiet even for a hallway filled with rooms for meditaion. He paused breifley at the entrance to the main plaza. The sun was shing into it. It too was very quiet. Soon that would change however, students would soon be here. However before they could start to train with lightsabers here they would need lightsaber, and to clear out some of the rubble that comes with an aged building.

He contiued to the south hall directly opposiye of were he stood. He wanted to be outside to meet the person on there way to his current location. The heavy front door slid, albeit slower then it should have to allow him to evit the academy. He picked a spot in front of the door and sat down with his legs crossed and waited for the possible student to come to the academy.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 02:17   #22
Richpur
Just call me sir.

V'rall looks around at the rather dilapidated spaceport he got himself dropped off in and frowns, most of these ships are barely space worthy - if that. He wanders through the widely strewn vessels until he reaches what looks at first to be a guard post as he walks around it. Then, in large letters on the side facing away from the field he reads the sign:

'Desann's Junkyard - All Wrecks Welcome'

A purple head sticks out of the window and glares at him then jerks back in, a few seconds separating that from the loud thud of the door falling off its hinges into the dust. Walking out over the top of the door, which on closer inspection of the reverse side appears to have been 'salvaged' from somewhere with an awful lot of radiation warnings, the creature garbles its way into a rather gruff statement. A statement that - while blundering around using half the creature’s available words and containing several terms that certainly had no correlation to V'rall's real ancestry - could be adequately summed up as;

"What are you doing in my yard?"

"Landing." V'rall replies succinctly, producing an even briefer response.

“Eh?”

“Landing; arriving on this ground by means of a vehicle capable of flight. You really should have paid more attention in class while they were covering language, I can see you have been sadly deprived of anything which could even be vaguely considered vocabulary; and as for manners, if you greet everyone like that I’m not surprised your ‘yard’ is totally deserted…” he trails off. “Damn.”

V’rall gestures towards the yard’s owner with a curious flick of one wrist; the creature’s face goes from outrage to puzzlement and on to surprise in a couple of seconds.

“I came in around three hours earlier to look for parts for a speeder.”

As the dazed expression fades from his face the owner of the yard looks at V’rall and addresses him with a rather more pleasant demeanour.

“Ah, sir, how did your search go?”

“No luck so far thank you.”

“Shame, I was sure we had something around here that would serve. Oh well; see you back here some other time.”

“Indeed.” V’rall smiles genially and goes out into the settlement; heading northwards towards… something.
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 20:16   #23
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

A small vessel, a freighter of some sorts appears in the system, near Antivi. She glides forward, her main sublight thrusters not yet kicking in. The ship looks untouched, apart from some blaster scorch marks near the main ramp. Apart from those marks, she looks relatively new - but not one of those top notch ships you'd hear mechanics and aspiring pilots dream and gossip about in the more expensive spaceports.

On board are a man, around his twenties, and a woman, or rather girl, around eighteen years old. She's dead, laying in one of the beds aboard the ship. The man is sitting in the pilot's chair, dried tears clearly visible under his eyes and on his cheeks. He works some controls, setting the ship to idle, just letting it float in space and letting it warn him should something happen.

Inside the ship are more signs of a blaster fight, leading from the entry ramp towards the bedroom where the girl lays, dead. Next to the pilot lays a blaster, which shows clear signs of fairly recent use. He looks down to it and tears fill his eyes again. Leaning with his elbows on the controls in front of him and with his head in his hands, he cries again.

He has no idea where he is - he took off and just hit the hyperdrive button...

They killed her.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 03:14   #24
Spritely Zombie

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Ryo is slightly surprised by the number of ships touching down. He doubts this tiny little mud-hole generally sees more than a small supply freighter every month or two. He certainly doesn't need the force to sense the confusion and bewilderment radiating from the townsfolk.

HCX lets out a low droning whistle and hovers erratically, it was kind of reminiscent of someone stepping from foot-to-foot.

"What is..." A sudden roaring sound drowns out Ryo's question. Reflexively half the town ducks and looks skyward, just passing over them, is a ship, badly damaged and trailing flames. Ryo watches it pass down behind the horizon. Silently he counts under his breath.

One, two, three, four...

The explosion he was expecting doesn't come.

"He managed to land that?" The surprise is clear in his voice. Several of the villagers are piling into a speeder, either hoping to find someone they can help, or something they can salvage.

Feet square, shoulders relaxed, Ryo breathes deeply. Eyes closed, he relaxes his mind, trying to percieve the world around him through the force. Slowly an image of his surroundings forms, he becomes aware of everything surrounding him. He senses the peoples confusion and worry about the crashed ship and for a moment the feelings threaten to overwhelm him. Fighting with these alien thoughts he's suddenly aware of another presence, stronger and more vibrant than the villagers. The brevity and strength of the presence disrupts his concentration, and the luminous picture of the village around him dissolves.

He looks northwards. He knows what he's seeking is to the north, as surely as he knows his own name. He ignores HCX's frantic whistles and beeps as he starts walking...
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 18:33   #25
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I couldn't stop them.

The man in the pilot's chair gets up, looking around the cockpit. The lights were dimmed - as was the entire ship - because he set the systems to minimal power usage; and thus minimal output. He felt no need to be noticed now, some time on his own would..... suffice. Turning around, he steps out of the cockpit and walks towards the ship's crew's quarters. He saw where blaster fire had hit the walls of now his ship. His hand clutched into a fist as he stepped into the bedroom, seeing the dead woman's body. He takes in a deep and shaking gasp of air, slowly letting it come out again as he sits down on the bed. Gently stroking her face and hair, he lays down against her.

They killed her.

He tries to fall asleep, to get some rest. Maybe it would all be better when he woke up.

But he can't sleep. He can still smell her, but not her hear breath. His face torn apart with grief and sorrow, he cries more, his body shaking as he does so.
Unread 13 Jun 2005, 22:05   #26
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

*profile pending*
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 13:24   #27
Fishbone

Fyshboon clicked a tut to himself and cursed the size of his droid companion.

Could do with a hand? What am I, a free mechanic service?

Fyshboon toyed with the idea of introducing himself. He was not sociable at all, spending most of his time with droids and other machinery. He had nothing to gain from this crashed ship - he doubted anything could be salvaged for his own. He had even less to gain from this human who had just hauled himself out of a crater.

He wasn't a charity

He turned away and moved silently away from the clearing, telling BRB quietly to remain and follow him after 5 minutes of checking this new arrival did not try to pursue.
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 14:15   #28
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Teyon was interrupted in his mediation by a shudder through the force, it was very powerful. He began to concentrate on it. The creature it emanated around was not in pain, at least not physically, but mental anguish could be worse. The creature most likely did not know they were drawing so heavily on the force but, that didn’t matter. Teyon felt for the individual who was on there way to his location, they were still a ways off, he had time. He returned back into the academy, and locked the door behind, anyone who found the academy who was supposed to be here would stay until he returned.

He hurried through the Academy to the hanger. There was his ship, the Silver Trace. Right next to it sat a low black ship, the ship of a Sith Lord. Teyon boarded his ship and cycled through preflight in record time. He powered up the engines and left for orbit, it was short jaunt, he was in orbit two minutes later and began looking for the ship he need to find, there weren’t many in orbit, combine that with the force and it didn’t take long to find the ship. It was undamaged except for some Carbon Scoring near the landing ramp.

Tyeon neared the ship and radioed, “Unidentified ship this is the Silver Trace please respond.” He waited there was none but this was definitely the ship and there was someone alive onboard. “Well hope you’re in the mood for guests.” Teyon said grimly his maneuvered the silver trace into docking position with the other ships. It took about three minutes to dock and for pressure to cycle. Teyon went to the airlock and descended the the ladder into the other ship.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 02:26   #29
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Jumping into the system, Incom rose his head slightly as he heard the ship’s hyperdrive system slowly power-down. The Barloz class freighter was deceptively damaged looking, but all it’s systems were refined to near-perfection. Without a gesture, Incom heard HK-49 manipulate the controls.

“Statement: Master, I’m detecting multiple ships filled with meatbags in orbit of this chunk of rock. Permission to slaughter them.”

Waving his hand at HK, Incom shook his head slightly in a negatively fashion. While his eyes now were no more than a fading memory, Incom saw HK reach over for the retrothrusters that would control the freighter’s entry into atmosphere. Reflecting upon the dream he had, Incom spoke his first words in nearly a week.

“Scan for a volcano, with an installation within it, strange as it sounds. Upper hemisphere, on the 2nd largest continent, towards one of the coastal regions.”

“Condescending Rebuke: “Master there are hundreds of volcanoes on the planet, do you expect me to waste my skills on scanning them like an astromech droid?”

Despite HK’s statement, Incom watched him initiate the scan, then start plotting an orbital vector. Feeling the ship start to descend, Incom stood up and walked towards the rear of the ship where his armor was. The armor had been removed from his body by HK when the medical technicians arrived at the planet. The only part that was not salvageable was the helmet, which was badly damaged by the lightsaber. Still, if Incom’s vision was anything to go by, the helmet was not needed.

Quickly dressing himself, Incom also attached his various weapons. He finished strapping them on when the ship shuddered with it’s contact with the ground. Walking towards the landing ramp, Incom “saw” HK standing there, also armed with it’s blaster rifle, which was the least of it’s weapons.

“Let’s go.”

With those two words, Incom hit the hatch controls, lowering the ramp and walked out of his ship. Turning his head, the empty sockets of his eyes concealed with only a thin cloth, Incom saw through the Force towards the Sith Academy. With barely a trace of hesitation he set forth towards it.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 11:15   #30
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Name: Vega Kortannis
Race: Those blue skinned human-like people, like grand admiral Thrawn
Role: Mechanical techie
Class: None (consular to be)
Saber: none
Ship name: "My ship"
Ship: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Baudo/Baudo.html that thing
Equipment: a few guns of small to medium sizes, wrenches, screwdrivers, and almost any tool that you could wish for, as well as a large and disorganised amount of spare parts.

History:
Vega has been working with machines for as long as he can remember, he was born into an impoverished family near the outer rim and was sold as a slave at the age of four. His veritable genius with mechanical things, along with both his absentminded obsessivness with his work, and his small stature have made him an almost ideal mechanic. However, being on the outer rim of the galaxy, his working conditions were not exactly up to snuf. Subsiquently, over the course of his life all his limbs exept the upper portion of his left arm have been lopped off in various ways, he has also lost his right eye and a good portion of his lower jaw. These had been replaced by borderline illegal cybernetics, which have been heavily tampered with to attain their maximum efficiency, however they still were considerably weaker and slower than their biological counterparts. This has been a source of great frustration over the years, because this, his being sold into slavery, and his life being spent as worth less than the ground on which he stood, Vega has become an impatient, unsociable person. It was this 'deterioration' of his personality that led him to hiijack the fanciest ship in the area, and make for a more hospitable place to make his living. He found that place in Bilbringi, the site of a new and booming shipyard. There he made a small fortune and upgraded all of his cybernetic peices so that he would once again be physically capable of a normal lifestyle. That was two years ago. Now, on the return trip from a small contract job he 'recieved' the message of the two jedi masters. In a burst of curiosity and simply because he was in the visinity, Vega changed course. Dropping out of hyperspace only 200k km from the planet.

As the starlines dropped back into specks, Vega shook his head to clear the feeling of tiredness that was stealing over him. He looked out the main view port with greater intent and began glancing between the quickly growing planet, and the incoming results of his custom made sensors array.

Not a terribly interesting place, and not one that I would normally take a vacation on... wait a second, company?

As his wry comment is made, a blip appears on the smallish display. However, just as suddenly as it had appeared, the indicated ship made the crossover into hyperspace and was lost. With a short sigh Vega turns his focus back to his displays and goes about setting his ship into a regular orbit, from which point he can determine where he is meant to land.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 13:18   #31
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ Hey, that's my ship! Although I'm running an experimental modified prototype designed more for combat then comfort. I also arrived slightly closer in towards the planet. Gimme those spareparts!/ooc

Remmon had more important things on his hands right now then some smart ass who tought himself to be too important to help, thus he went back to his ship. Once there a hovercar with a variety of people, including a local scrap dealer, arrives. Quickly making a deal with the scrapdealer, to have him remove Remmon's ship out of its current position and store it untill such a time as Remmon can make repairs.

Getting into the hovercar with most of the other civilians from the planet itself, Remmon and the villagers headed back towards the village, from where Remmon headed towards where he believed the academy to be. The villagers weren't much help with that, they'd seen 2 people head north towards the old ruins a while ago, and more people going there today.

Unread 17 Jun 2005, 14:23   #32
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad cat

Race: Those blue skinned human-like people, like grand admiral Thrawn
That would be a Chiss
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 21:32   #33
Fishbone

Fyshboon waited for his trusted droid to follow him through the forest.

"Let's head back to the ship" he said out loud. There was no reason for saying it - BRB would follow him wherever.

Fyshboon hopped onto the standing platform on BRB's back, as the droid lumbered through the forest.

They arrived back at the ship and Fyshboon commanded BRB to remain at the ship and guard it, while he opened the ramp at the back of his ship. He contacted CYA on his comm-link and told the droid to get out the Double-Dasher. Fitting two rifles, two pistols and a few thermal detonators into the compartment, in the side, he checked it over.

This small craft hovers 1 foot off the ground, and can hold two humanoid people. It has a "snowplough" device at the front, which was electrified to effectively push and shove any obstacles out of the way. Climbing into it, he motioned for CYA to get into the passenger seat.

Turning it on, he closed his eyes and let this strange feeling pass over him, that had become stronger and stronger. "We need to go north, CYA" he turned to the robot. As he looked at the steering stick, he did a small doubletake. He hadn't touched anything, yet the craft was powered up. He concentrated hard on the control stick. It shook slightly, then turned up a little and the craft jolted forward.

Fyshboon opened his mouth in amazement, and tried again. This time it came easily, and the craft moved slowly along the ground. Smiling to himself, he put his hands on the steering and control stick, and fired up the engines.

Flying through the trees, he asked for a location verification from CYA.

"ETA 10 minutes, Master" the droid said in its raspy metallic.

"Good" Fyshboon carried on, flying the craft skillfully underneath a fallen tree.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 07:52   #34
Mad cat

ooc- Thanks Darkling. And Flap, I may just give you some, but only if you're nice . My ship has pretty much been converted to something of an armed transport. I was also referring to Rich's leaving transport, but I suppose that I was being pretty generic. -ooc
Waking to a series of beeping noises vega rises to a sitting position in his jury rigged hammok. Grinding his balled fists into his, almost glowing red eyes to clear them of the burning itch that came after any length of time sleeping, Vega swung his legs out into the open air. He drops to the floor with a soft thud, and after stretching his back a little he pulls on the discarded pair of pants that lay in the corner and a long sleeved shirt from its hook on the wall. Vega snarles an oath under his breath as the beeping starts up again, and heads to the "bridge". There he has a short conversation with the ships AI matrix which reveals two definite places of settlement, and a possible installation of some kind. The settlements, one of which seeming to be abandoned, was out in the open, without any form of concealment, while the supposed installation lay within a volcano. Vega gave the computer a few directions and strapped himself in, in preparation for the entry into the planet's atmosphere. The ship soared over the abandoned settlement's east wing, and now that the sensors array could be redeployed, Vega found the building that he had just passed, was probably a hangar, and that there were operational . Taking controll of his craft, Vega turnes it around, and begins to "ping" for a frequency that the compound may respond to.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 19:17   #35
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

He woke up, thinking he heard a sound from the cockpit. Focussing on trying to hear any sound as he sat up, he heard none. He looked at the girl, but felt no tears welling up. Maybe he was done crying... Maybe it was...

His head jerked to the doorway as he heard another sound. This time he recognised it and knew where it was coming from. Someone had just docked with his ship and was going through the airlock cycle. Why would anyone dock with his shi... Unless... Had they managed to follow him, or find him on such short notice? He hadn't even buried her yet, they couldn't be that cruel, could they? Had they pissed them off that much?

Questions, questions! He would have them answered later, but now... if his feelings about the visitors were right... it was time for action. He quietly got up and quickly, though as silent as possible, made his way to the cockpit, securing his blaster. Holding it in hand, he backtracks his way to the bedroom and throws a quick look at the dead body.

They didn't even give me time to bury her...

"MOTHER****ERS."

He yelled out, his voice echoing through the mostly empty ship. Weapon steady in hand, he rushed over to the airlock, finger at the trigger and more than eager to lay down whoever they had sent.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 19:46   #36
mrmao
oh...sexy...

As Teyon came down the ladder into the ship he heard a someone scream out "mother****ers", the person was angry one didn't need the force to tell that. However there was still much potenial. Teyon lossed the clasp on his lightsaber a little, he might need it. If it could be avoided however he would try. He heard a clomping from behind him, Teyon would soon meet who ever it was he was here for.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 19:56   #37
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

He reached the airlock, suprised as he did so. Only one person? They knew he wasn't too big a threat, but surely they would've known that sending one person, unarmed, wouldn't end his existence. He lifted the blaster, aiming at the 'visitor'.

"So they're not even intending on letting me burry her, are they?"

The words were spoken with little love. Studying the 'visitor', he noticed something... odd. A metal cylinder? Strange indeed.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 21:45   #38
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Teyon tunred around and faced a young man. Teyon stood still feeling the young man through the force. He was disstressed, something tramutic had happened to him most likely about the woman he spoke of. He now needed to step lightly. This young man was on the precipice and could fall to the dark side easily.

"I am not here to harm you. My name in Teyon Telma." He said soothingly, " I am from the planet, and am here to help you. Now let us go to the surface and we can burry her." Teyon wasn't to worried about being hurt he could easily reach his lightsaber, and the blaster the young man was holding was not a automatic weapon so he could easily block any of his shots.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 23:36   #39
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"NO."

He lashed out with his voice, with enough force to make even a Hutt reconsider. Gesturing with his weapon towards the airlock and fighting back his tears, he would rather not cry in front of this stranger, he took in a deep breath to calm himself a bit.

"There is no we in burrying her. Just me... and..."

He softly shook his head, a few tears escape one of his eyes. A lightsabre?

"...and her. Tell me why you came aboard and why..."

It was a light sabre.

"...why you are carrying a light sabre. All jedi are dead."
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 23:59   #40
mrmao
oh...sexy...

"No, all jedi are not dead. I am just Hidding here on Antivi. However the time has come to rebuild the Jedi order. You may not know it but you could be a Jedi if you were taught, however the choice is up to you. I can leave this ship now and you can continue to cry, or you can come to the planet with me and bury her. I know what it is like to lose someone, I know how it feels. I can help you." Teyon said sotthingly to the young man who was now starting to cry.
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 00:25   #41
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Oi, it were only a few tears. No full out crying in public for this fluffie

//

Jedi used the Force... And fallen Jedi did so too. But this one sensed potential in him, or at least so it would seem... Back in the day Jedi were only trained from a young, young age... But nowadays, rebuilding the Order would indeed ease the rules a bit on how and when to train Force sensitives in the ways of the Force. And if he could be taught even the slightest amount of knowledge of how to use that power, he could revenge his love. His now dead love. He lowered the blaster and looked into the jedi's eyes, already some sort of hope mixed with vengeance in them.

"Tell me where to find you. Burrying her is... not for you. I'm sure you understand. Tell me how to find you and I will come when I'm done."
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 03:27   #42
mrmao
oh...sexy...

"There is only one small settelment on the planet, I am two kilometer north of there. Follow your instinct from the settlement, that should get you there if not i can find you." Teyon said to the young man. Wtih that Teyon turned around and climbed back up the ladder to his ship He dissconected and headed back to the planet. the trip was no longer then the trip to orbit.

As his ship sailed over the forrest near the Academy Teyon saw a ship try to gain acsses to the academy. Teyon opened the door to the hanger and deceided to make another pass while the ship landed.
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 05:19   #43
Mad cat

As Vega comes around to start another pass, he catches movement off to his left. This naturally draws his attention and he watches the hangar door open. However, a door that opens without its owner first responding to hailings, ticks off a small warning bell in Vega's mind, and so he activates a couple of the point defence guns, and slowly manouvers his ship into the massive room. Much to his relief nothing opens fire as his ship touches down, but he still figures that caution is the order of the day, so he arms himself with a flechette gun and a heavy blaster pistol. After the ramp of his ship has slowly made its way to the floor, Vega steps out onto the floor with the shotgun equivalent poised, and ready to fire. He takes a few tentative steps, looks behind him, and finding nothing turns back. Discovering that he is alone does little good for Vega's nerves, and he calls out in a voice that effectively hides his nervousness, though he is hardly expecting a verbal answer.

Hello?! Anyone here!
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 18:31   #44
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Making sure the airlock was shut tight, he turned around, looking down the corridor leading to the cockpit. A slim, dark smile now on his face. There was hope back in his life. Stepping back into the bedroom, he leans in and looks at the girl. "Baby." he softly whispers, before making his way to the pilot's seat. Working the controls, he powers the ship back up and sets course for the planet.
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 20:19   #45
Spritely Zombie

Ryo has stepped in something, he's not entirely sure he wants to know what it is, but he definately wishes he didn't know what it smelt like. He's been walking for the better part of an hour and the feeling of certainty of his course is losing the battle with the nagging doubt that he was imagining the whole thing.

The fields and sporadic trees have long since given way to full-blown woodland. Very hilly woodland. Very steep hilly woodland. Glancing up through the leafy canopy he sees the volcano, deceptively far away and definately looming. Shortly after he'd set out the beacon, for want of a better word, telling him which way to go had quietened and then vanished, apart from a minor tingly feeling from directly above him (and no amount of jedi training would allow him to walk vertically up thin-air).

The sensation returns, calming and soothing, slowly coaxing him east. The ground beneath him rumbles as though the volcano were displeased with his choice of direction. After a short while the trees thin out as the ground becoes rockier.

Scrubby underbrush covers the hole and the first sign of it is a sudden falling sensation. The water is warm, pleasantly so, just like a relaxing hot bath. Of course, relaxation is the last thing on Ryo's mind as the water engulfs him. He kicks for the surface and makes it. He manages a quick breath before his water-logged clothing drags him back under.

Calm. echoes an oddly familiar voice inside his head.

He manages to kick off a boot and he manages to pull himself clear of his jacket. Already he can feel the hot-coal sensation in his chest as his lungs describe the need for air. He kicks for the surface again, less resistance this time. He manages to stay afloat long enough to reach the edge of the pool. He stays there, draped uncomfortably over a surprisingly uniform edge, gulping down air like the planet was going to run out in a matter of minutes.

Calmed, and no longer in danger of drowning he looks around at where he is. An almost perfectly circular hole around 10 feet across, 20 foot up, marks his entrance and lets daylight in from above. His hand absently brushes against something smooth and hard and instinctively he grabs it.

A ladder?

He twists and climbs the ladder, alighting on a small niche in the cavern wall. He looks down at the now still water and inwardly curses himself.

A bathing pool?.. I fell into a bloody bath!?!

He sighs and turns around an old false-wood door stands there, silently mocking him. He reaches over and touches the opening panel just before becoming aware of a loud shriek behind him. He turns and sees HCX bobbing about frantically over the pool.

"It'll take more than a bath to finish me."

HCX spins and launches itself at the niche bobbing and beeping far too quickly for Ryo to follow.

"Hey, hey. It's ok. Slow down... No, I'm fine. I'm fine, ok? No I don''t need you to go get help."

Ryo touches the opening panel and the door slides across, revealing a room carved out of the volcanic rock. Dust covers everything, from the rather antiquated terminal to the plasteel chest on one side of the room. Uncomfortably aware of how wet his clothes are, let alone how much he misses his shoes he wanders over to the chest. The lock is half-corroded and breaks with the tiniest bit of effort.

"Heh. How convenient."

Wet clothes discarded and dressed in the rather musty smelling but servicable robes he'd found in the chest Ryo leaves the room, noting with some surprise that the other side of the door blends perfectly with the relatively featureless wall.

Finding himself in some sort of passageway, likely underneath the main complex Ryo presses on looking for a way back to the surface, glad his survival kit and the torch within it had survived the sudden immersion.

[ooc]Urg... Such terrible writing. *blech*[/ooc]
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 14:45   #46
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack soon found himself at the ruins indicated by the locals, finding a single spacecraft still circling above it, he draws his blaster and holds it ready, the barrel pointing up so he won't accidently shoot someone if they startle him. He had no idea of the intentions of whoever lived in this place, it was obviously not abandoned anymore, and decided he didn't want to get caught with his pants down, or his blaster in his holster for that matter*

*Carefully going in through the massive double front doors, which looked like no single person could open them, but where amazingly easy to push open, further indicating someone had been here recently. Walking into the facility itself, Flapjack headed straight for the main hall, or plaza, trying to figure out who, or what, had called him here*

Unread 23 Jun 2005, 19:37   #47
mrmao
oh...sexy...

Teyon finished one more pass byt the academy and landed in the hanger next to the ship that had just landed. It seemed as if the owner was already outside of his ship. He finished locking down his ship and went outside to greet the stranger.

Teyon paused at the foot of hi landing ramp before saying hello. The man was heavily armed, almost as if he was there for a fight. Teyon opened himself to the force, he felt the flow of peace increase in him. He used it to sense the strength of the man. He was strong but not a strong as the young man he had just met. A good canidate for training. "Hello." Teyon said.
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 19:52   #48
flapjack
crashed computer

*As Flapjack stepped into the main plaza and looked around, he heard the ship he'd seen earlier coming overhead. Looking up, he could see it land somewhere to the east. Deciding that's his best chance, Flapjack started to make his way through the rubble, ready to use the junk lying around as cover in case trouble does start*

*Taking a good few minutes to get through the doors, Flapjack entered the hangar and easily spotted 2 ships and what appeared to be their respective owners*

Unread 23 Jun 2005, 20:36   #49
Fishbone

Fyshboon sped through the undergrowth on his Double-Dasher.

"CYA, an overview of our location please!"

The droid replied with an accent sounding similar to an Australian talking quickly "There you go Sir"

Fyshboon looked down at the reading on the small blue screen in front of him. Almost there. As he looked up, he saw a large temple-like building rising up over the trees.

"Looks like we've found it, CYA".

He slowed down and circled the building. A hangar door appeared to be open, but he ignored it. He "parked" the Double Dasher about 100 metres away, and covered it with some foliage he found lying around. "That'll do" he said gruffly, as he removed an assault rifle for CYA and two handguns for himself.

Clipping the handguns into his belt, he walked towards the "temple", CYA at his side. He could hear sounds - voices. Yet noone was near. He shook his head and the voices disappeared.

The temple was huge. As Fyshboon got nearer, he held one handgun ready in his hand. Experience had taught him to be wary. Even in desolate places like this, an ambush was still not unheard of. His ship was worth a fair price alone.

As he moved through the hangar, he noticed a young human, dressed like a starship pilot, just in front of him. It was the pilot from before, when he had gone to investigate the ship. The pilot seemed to be harmless enough. Even if he wasn't, Fyshboon had the advantage - the boy had his back to him, and he also had a gun ready in his hand.

"Managed to fix your ship?" Fyshboon smiled a little.
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 22:11   #50
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fast forward to Fluffie having put his girlfriend in cryo/stasis/non-rotting-but-actually-preserving-the-body-kind-of-thing), having cleaned himself up and entered the planet's atmosphere.

//

"A complex a bit away from the village..." Fluffie mumbled to himself, looking down on the village and then the complex. Slowing down, he circles once, trying to locate the hangar. Succesfully doing so, he gently guides his small freighter in and touches down. Lowering the boarding ramp from the cockpit, he thinks of his girl, now safely 'put away', to put it bluntly and smirks darkly. But for a moment only.

Walking down his ramp, he sees several more ships. Had the Jedi already found pupils? Who knows, certainly not Fluffie. He couldn't say he really cared either. As his feet touched the solid ground of the hangar, he saw and heard people in the hangar as well. Pupils indeed, perhaps? Beginning to make his way towards them, he speaks, loud, but not quite a yell. "Jedi!? I have a question for you."

//

[ooc] Who the f*** are in the hangar anyway?