User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 12:07   #1
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Question The Lion, The Witch & The Secret-Wars

I make this post with no hidden agenda but with a genuine attempt to raise some of the feelings & concerns debated throughout this round by myself & those around me. I'm sure this will end up being a huge flame but thats never stopped me from posting my opinions before so.... ;P

The Lion

Lets rewind 6-8 weeks, at a point in the round when the EX block & 1up block were pretty evenly balanced and those alliances not directly involved (HR, Wp, Angels ect)*, either took to their own agendas or tried to help maintain the balance to the block war and in turn keep the Universe a safer place for all.

As ofc, if either block owned the other, it would signal death for the rest. Nos at this point were very much the Lion in hiding, NOBODY expected them to finish where they have, they surprised everyone and achieved a universe ranking that wont be forgotten.

They played very risky politics but due to the political climate, bluffed their way through the round and managed to side-step major incomings for the majority of the round.

The Witch

Then for whatever reason, Nos decided to nap with EX.... Ok lets stop here & just repeat this so everybody is clear. Nos (yes, thats right, Nos who were allied in the 1up-ND-Sin-ToF block) napped the enemy block.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing their HC's reasoning for backstabbing their allies?

The Secret-Wars

Now my post is certainly biased & probably sounding bitter to some, as the reason they napped the "enemy" was so they could start targetting HR. Unfortunately for HR, that same week Angels began their public "Angels vs HR - man on man" war.

Suspicious circumstance or not, from a universal point of view, this event laid EX's path to glory and i hope they are laughing their arses off at their opposition because they played certain alliances for fools - congrats eX.

Nos correctly assumed 1up/ND would be too worried about pushing them totally towards the EX block, they gambled 1up/ND wouldnt f##k Nos over even because of their trechery and alongside a multitude of other naps/ ceasefires throughout the round, were able to comfortably sail up the ranks.

(hehe, was there ANY alliance that didnt hold a temp ceasefire with Nos this round? Christ even HR did for 3days near the end, although we intentionally ignore it after then \o/ )

By napping EX, they effectively sided with the EX block (although their poor comrades who they betrayed, wouldn't accept this at first;( ).

The resulting scenario created an EX/ LCH/ Tot vs 1up/ ND/ Sin & Nos (with the odd Tof hits), Angels vs HR (& 3weeks later, vs WP/ Vgn). This of course is just the overall picture from my pov and HR was bashed out of this picture, leaving WP without its closest ally (leaving them for easier pickings later on) and ensuring 1up/ ND/ Sin to fight alone against a stronger opponent & without anywhere to go for external support.

Im sure some nos will reply with "We Do Not Exist" but i didnt realise this applied to their honor, integrity and ability to fight for a "worthy" cause - that of sticking by your closest allies until the death.

This "slander" is aimed towards NoS HC & NOT it's members btw, so nos peeps, pls dont take offense - i'm not trying to take anything away from your honorable game performance, just ur HC's political loyalty/ honesty/ integrity.

Disclaimer: This is noway an attempt to cover every significant wars relating to the main blocks, this is mainly a thread revolving around Nos and how they sacrificied their allies to ensure victory for EX.

* ignoring any temp agreements such as angels-1up war.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]