User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Jan 2008, 19:28   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
PA on Xbox Live

This might be a weird concept, and I understand that there are major barriers to introducing it. However, one of the most common complaints I've heard about PA is the lack of players.

Making an Xbox Live version of PA has the potential to open the game up to a whole new playerbase. Xbox Live has an established userbase of millions of people who we know are gamers. Arcade titles can sell hundreds of thousands, and despite the conversion issues, it has teh potential to bring thousands of new players to the game. Some of whom may even stick around.

User interface and integration into the current community are the most blatant issues I can think of, but I believe they could be overcome.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 19:42   #2
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Re: PA on Xbox Live

the xbox doesn't support any form of web browser - the biggest hurdle would be making an API to allow the xbox live arcade 'version' to interact with planets on the live web game.

This may work, but may not convert very well to actual users in the community.

I suspect users of XBLA would expect it to be a 'faster' game too, not as slow as it is to play.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 20:16   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Not to mention the requirements from Microsoft in order to appear on Xbox Live.
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 20:24   #4
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Not to mention the requirements from Microsoft in order to appear on Xbox Live.
That wouldn't be the hardest bit

Unread 30 Jan 2008, 20:27   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
That wouldn't be the hardest bit
You should not underestimate it. Microsoft has a lot of restrictions on such things usually. But maybe they are a bit more relaxing for pure xbox live content, I only know about Xbox development in general.
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 20:36   #6
Mit
Let battle commence

I don't know exactly, but if you have the product i suspect it'd be easier to get it on than actually developing the product to start with

I know M$ have lots of hoops to jump through.

Unread 31 Jan 2008, 02:04   #7
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

you'd almost be better of making a real time strategy game to play on xbox live with 2-4 players (for instance) instead of the large scale that it is now. in that case it would of course be turned based instead of tick based probably.
Unread 31 Jan 2008, 10:24   #8
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
you'd almost be better of making a real time strategy game to play on xbox live with 2-4 players (for instance) instead of the large scale that it is now. in that case it would of course be turned based instead of tick based probably.
Er, yeah... lets turn PA into a 2-4 player strategy game for the XBox.

That should solve all our problems.
Unread 31 Jan 2008, 15:05   #9
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

didn't say it was a good idea if you wanted to play it on xbox / wii, you can just use the web browser built into the console. no real need to make a game for it (unless you did something to make it different enough to be worth it).
Unread 31 Jan 2008, 15:34   #10
Mit
Let battle commence

what browser on the xbox? there isn't one but no, its not a a viable idea really.

Unread 24 Feb 2008, 21:58   #11
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
Er, yeah... lets turn PA into a 2-4 player strategy game for the XBox.

That should solve all our problems.
Doesn't planetarion only have 2-4 players left anyway?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 22:04   #12
Ging

Ging is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe you should come back to increase the numbers
Ging is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 23:24   #13
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
what browser on the xbox? there isn't one but no, its not a a viable idea really.
Hack the box. LinuXbox ftw.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 23:41   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Like anyone would pay several hundred £ for an Xbox and then play Planetarion on it
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 00:05   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Like anyone would pay several hundred £ for an Xbox and then play Planetarion on it
Like anyone would pay several hundred £ for a PC and then play Planetarion on it. Oh, hi.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 00:19   #16
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

itd be annoying t check anyway, i couldnt imagine it
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 01:15   #17
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

i think gate your onto something here but i think your trying to target the wrong audience as pointed out. xboxusers want a fast paced game would more than likely go ehhhh nah fairly quick

if we can get our head around the fact that most ppl who play this now sporadically check their accounts over the course of the day and think of a medium to leverage these types of player we may be onto a winner

personally i think pa should be marketing on mobile phones, especially with all the 3g gumph these days. We dont really have to change anything and the phones are now fairly capable of broswing the web and doin funky stuff reasonalbly fast

How funny would it be to get on a random bus/train and see 20 ppl stuck onto their mobile try to organise a gal attack. Maybe thats a little optimistic but hey.

In the climate of social networking sites etc etc it could be even makrketted as a social networking experience with galactic conquest thrown in for boot. Ride the wave a bit

Last edited by TheShadowMan; 1 Mar 2008 at 01:20.
TheShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote