User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Dec 2003, 10:09   #1
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
In game alliance features

I want them to stay with the following additions:

HC notification when I member leaves - VERY important
HC notifcation when member coords change
Improved Atack/Defence System - with defence, possibly a gal status type system IF defending is made harder
Solution to the problem of working out alliance coords by attacking whole uni.
Movement of politcs in game through addition of war advantages.
Allow HCs to see full alliance stats - total score, total roids, average score, average roids.
Page showing roid/score gain/loss for each member (HC access needed)
Ability to send data to external system?
Stuff that used to be in AH - wings, wing execs etc

Rankings - add average score as a ranking

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art

Last edited by KalVirtus; 4 Dec 2003 at 10:14.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 13:47   #2
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Re: In game alliance features

I've been compiling a good list of things alliances want in a website

Member leaves notification, should be there....
Change co-ords, not something i'd thought about, will add it
Attack / Def system - down for a MAJOR overhawl
War advantages... suggestions/?
HCs stats, yes, that is down on my list too

Send to an external system, what sort of 'system' or data?

Wings... possibly, we'll see how much time there is

Rankings, i think it should be done on average planet size... but then, puts pressure on the little ones in the alliance. Some HC's would kick out the small members to up their average (it has been done before)

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 13:58   #3
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Total-score is the only realistic way of ranking alliances.
There would be nothing to stop the top-player tagging as NoS (or whoever ) and so make them win...
Having the average visible would be very good, but shouldn't be ranked by it
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 14:13   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalVirtus
Solution to the problem of working out alliance coords by attacking whole uni.
Simply move the check from whether a target planet is in the same alliance to the travel tick, rather than do it at the launch order. That brings down the "checking speed" for a spy to a maximum of 3 planets per hour.

In addition, have the game report exactly which planets attempted to attack a friendly target in the HC section of the in-game alliance features.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 17:13   #5
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
Wings... possibly, we'll see how much time there is
I personally found the compulsory wing system in the old AH annoying as I didn't wish to use it. If features like this are to be built in then there should be an option as to whether to use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Simply move the check from whether a target planet is in the same alliance to the travel tick, rather than do it at the launch order. That brings down the "checking speed" for a spy to a maximum of 3 planets per hour.

In addition, have the game report exactly which planets attempted to attack a friendly target in the HC section of the in-game alliance features.
Listen to this man.

Beyond that I'd like to see the in-game forums bugs fixed, the abilty to administer forums and profiles (it's not uncommon for members to mistake 'alliance nickname' for 'alliance name' and join up with their nick as their alliance name), clear labelling of permissions on a thread, eg HC only threads in a particular colour and so on and so forth, the ability to mass-move members from one rank to another, ie move a pile of members from recruit to member, and so on and so forth.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote