User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in attending a w00fage on 7th December?
Yes 51 60.00%
No 6 7.06%
Maybe 5 5.88%
What is a w00fage?!?! 23 27.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 22 Nov 2003, 22:00   #1
Lord Cheese

Lord Cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
HR Public W00fage 2 (Maybe)

Howling Rain are considering putting on another HR Public W00fage - pending pa team approval. Last time the event i would say was a success and we are looking to build on it with a few alterations.
The date we've put down for now is Sunday 7th December probably starting around 19:30 UK Time/GMT.
As usual the HR Events team will be at the helm with Skinny as the Ref (all poor decisions stand) and Rebel scoring (all poor counting also stands). And we'll be roping in some poor soul to be questionmaster.
This time the pa radio we hope will be more involved formally - with them actually hosting the music rounds and we are looking into ways for the picture round to be hosted.
Although everyone will be able to sign up on the night we are planning a new system of people emailing me if they want to be involved so i can assign them to the teams before they start, this comes with the added advantage of being able to put a small list of friends (probably 3) who you can have in the same team as you. Sorry but we will require captains controling the team as before and no custom made teams as simply i struggle marking 7 captains and more would be impossible.

All i want from you guys is a little feedback.
Do you want this event at all?
Is there any other types of round you want to see?
Do you want more/less picture/music questions?
Have you got any other suggestions how to make the event better?

Either email me with answer [email protected] or post them on here - the more feedback the more we can make it an event you enjoy.
Lord Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 23:30   #2
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Re: HR Public W00fage 2 (Maybe)

Pics on www.pa.com ? (if so, i have access, speak to me)

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 23:43   #3
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Advertising for the Metal-stamping industry, ban user

I'd probably join in again, it was pretty good fun....being able to listen to the music before knowing the question would be a good idea though i think, people with slow connections were at a real disadvantage.
And i'm sure someone clever could make a little script that will auto-assign teams to people?
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 11:42   #4
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
be a good idea though i think, people with slow connections were at a real disadvantage.
And i'm sure someone clever could make a little script that will auto-assign teams to people?
shouldn't be a problem really
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 12:31   #5
Lord Cheese

Lord Cheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Kloopy said he could make a bot to randomly assign people to a team
Lord Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 12:47   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Cheese
Kloopy said he could make a bot to randomly assign people to a team
He probably meant he will pick names out of a hat and just pretend he has coded a special bot to do the job .
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 17:53   #7
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Well I think it sounds like another fun evening especially now that the teething problems should be out of the way. Post in this thread if you think you'd be interested and come along :-)
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 17:53   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i dont see why not
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 18:05   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
HR Public W00fage 2 (Maybe)

Poll added at the request of A2. Please vote and then post with your opinions on the w00fage .
Unread 24 Nov 2003, 01:25   #10
Yam
root vegetable.

Yam is an unknown quantity at this point

oo ill be there!
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 10:15   #11
Rebel

Rebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess, Skinny is forcing me to be there again

/me tries to improve his counting skills
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 12:39   #12
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about

I Wanna Be With Kloopy
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 13:05   #13
JC
lolly roffle

Could one of the people organising this give a brief description of what a w00fage is for those people who are voting to say they dont know what one is.
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 13:13   #14
Althalus
Persistently Bored

Althalus is on a distinguished road

Good idea, i just voted saying i dunno what one is, so could we get some sort of description please.
No fluffy warm creatures were maimed dismembered tortured deplumed discarded deflowered dropped twisted wrung Outextended respliced broken humiliated irradiated browbeaten pickled deluded duped detained mishandled desiccated bronzed belittled coddled expelled deported imbibed elected marginalized placated misrepresented overworked underpaid underappreciated overly petted genetically altered or cloned during the making of this post except of course for Bunny and Bear
Nuff Said
Althalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 13:36   #15
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
So what is a w00fage?

Well basically imagine a multimedia IRC Event, each person turning up gets assigned a team and you all work together in your team channels, to get the right answer as quickly as possible. With each Team Captain being responsible for giving his teams final answer. There are various rounds to work through and we try to make use of multiple medias on offer through the internet.

Points are scored for each right answer and funny answers (the funny answers sometime are worth more than the real answers) the faster you answer the more points you get. The team with the most points at the end wins!

The event will be run by the HR Entertainment team, who have done many of these and generally we find them to be really fun, enjoyable experiences (which are often hotly debated for weeks in the forums) and all you have to do is turn up and enjoy yourself on the night.

Thats taken from the original thread about the first public w00fage. If you want to read more about how that went look here.
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 16:04   #16
[HR]koaff
Ya Schastliva

[HR]koaff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell bring us another w00fage

Woof !

Slishish sjuda, vremya voda, ono techjot iz, pis'-pis' ne otkuda, techjot v nekuda
Radi ljubvi, tish navsegda zashiti, lju-li

Beremennish zhenshin ot antivoenshin zemli

Woof !
[HR]koaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 16:54   #17
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve

bring it on

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 17:02   #18
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Am I to take it that it would be that participants are randomly assigned to teams more or less before kick off?

Or can Teams apply to take part?

If it is the former, forget it I dont want to be saddled with some lamer.
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 17:08   #19
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Although everyone will be able to sign up on the night we are planning a new system of people emailing me if they want to be involved so i can assign them to the teams before they start, this comes with the added advantage of being able to put a small list of friends (probably 3) who you can have in the same team as you. Sorry but we will require captains controling the team as before and no custom made teams as simply i struggle marking 7 captains and more would be impossible.
Did you actually read the post?
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 19:33   #20
Shooter_1_
Retired ETY HC

Shooter_1_ is an unknown quantity at this point

w00f!
R3: 111:11, 114:17, 152:7 - c111-114a, IP
R4: 69:3:17 - IP, Liquid, ETY
R5: 6:25:17 - IP, ETY
R6: 32:7:3 - Guild
R7: 30:16:4 - ETY
R8: 31:1:5 - ETY
R9: 48:3:7 - ETY
R9.5: 2:2:2 - ETY
R10: 7:7:4 - HR
R11+: Life. It's got alcohol.
Shooter_1_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 19:55   #21
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Did you actually read the post?

Does it actually make any sense ?
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 19:58   #22
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

If you want to get involved, you email the organiser (I assume an address will be given nearer the time).
If you want to be on a team with some friends, then you can be, but there will be other people on the team as well, under the "control" of a pre-determined captain.
The above is being done, in order that the team-allocation process doesn't take as long on the day of the event itself.
Unread 25 Nov 2003, 20:20   #23
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did the name 'w00fage' come from?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 01:42   #24
RoachKing
Lil_Timmy

RoachKing is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not sure so i dont even know why i post.

I know HR have done a few w00fages before in the ally, they do a few each round. It nice to see them bringing this event to the rest of the uni.
RoachKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 02:22   #25
alka

alka is an unknown quantity at this point

seems only fair that ORANGE gets his title back wich they absolutley won b4

WOOF
alka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 09:31   #26
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

sure ill attend

hopfully i can be leader for a team this time :I

P.S Dont let aryn lead a team
Unread 26 Nov 2003, 09:41   #27
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

I'll be there again, happy to Captain again too.
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 04:14   #28
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

I'll be there. on time this time.
ready to retake my title. (I blame it on being late and missing half of woofage for loosing last time. first time I ever lost woofage last time )
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 12:37   #29
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea...ill come as supporter

good luck!

W00f
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 18:43   #30
Darf

Darf is an unknown quantity at this point

chaos = w00fage cheat0r n00b
r6 - got bored/owned
r7 - HR-NoS
r8 - HR-NoS BC
r9 - HR-NoS BC
r9.5 - drunk/moving house
r10 - HR pe0n

Proud member of [Pink] w00fage team. Winning w00fages since r7.
Darf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 20:11   #31
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

rofl. I never cheat.
as for n00b. arn't we all?
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2003, 20:28   #32
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

I hope that now there's an explanation in the thread that there will be more people voting "yes" soon

Tell all your friends and alliances
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 01:12   #33
[HR]gC

Wink Re: HR Public W00fage 2 (Maybe)

Quote:
Don't worry about this folkz, I'm working on a solution for this now and all being well it will be available for the next woofage.

Rebel, Skinny going to need some feedback soon guyz!

gC
- Howling Rain - Technical Division
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 20:46   #34
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

WHEEEEEEEE!!! W00FAGE!!!!!!!!

I'll be there... and try to keep my unbeaten streak up... (OK, so 1/1 aint particularly impressive, but hey...)

Ofc, it won't be a patch on when me Shrike n Misty organised... Well, Misty organised, me and Shrike just pissed around a lot

[HR]CrAzYbob
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 23:23   #35
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't attend the last one, but this time ill be there, and maybe even dj

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote