User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 10 Aug 2003, 18:54   #1
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Old Style Speedrounds?

even now we get a new game, Pa X, will it be possible to keep the speedrounds in old style?

I really loved those
IMO it won't be too much trouble setting those up on a speedround server will it? I asked it before in #planetarion, but only answer was it might be there on i17 (where our bg won't be present)

any crew ppl with answers?

all support for speedrounds old style are welcome in this thread too..

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:07   #2
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road
The old speedrounds are good. Tho the new ones might be good also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:10   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love to play one with r2 stats.

I don't know how playable a PAX speedgame would be though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

The old stats should never "die" though, that would be very bad.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:14   #4
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
i wanna play another one with rudmer!!! no more 'real' pa tho:P

atleast rudmer gave me somewhat of a challenge in speedpa was kinda funny... having to work to be biggest in gal:P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:17   #5
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
This one is for Rudmer :P

I do agree we should keep old speed rounds, many enjoy them and even though the one i played sucked big time im sure othrs were much fun by listening to m8s.

As for paX it would be intresting to see the game then decied if a speed round would be fun for it as well.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:33   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing the way the creators have been the last months, i sorta doubt well get any 'old style p.a' speedgame in the next long while.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 04:17   #7
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
I'd love to play one with r2 stats.
That, would be excellent .
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 08:34   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There are enough PA clones out there to keep us amused with the old stats etc.

I expect there will be some type of speed-round with the new stats... but not until after PAX.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 10:23   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
There are enough PA clones out there to keep us amused with the old stats etc.

I expect there will be some type of speed-round with the new stats... but not until after PAX.
pa clones arent pa though, u can win a pa clone but its not winnin the OFFICIAL pa speed rnd, as well as that in the real pa speed rnds alot more backstabbing clever politcs, preperation, as well as that if you cnuted in a clone u dont care play nxt weekend in the real one u get revenge etc.

As well as that old style pa wud be fun to play with might attract a few old players back to play occasionly.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 14:57   #10
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
R2 stats indeed, and 30 sec ticks plz.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 19:35   #11
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough
Anyone who would care to give me an url on a good or decent PA-clone while we are waiting for r10?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 20:23   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Elevator
Anyone who would care to give me an url on a good or decent PA-clone while we are waiting for r10?
The mods will edit them out if the forums censor doesn't do it automatically..."no advertising" and so forth.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 20:53   #13
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
hehe.. give me r2 with thiefs...
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 21:54   #14
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by LordNieminen
hehe.. give me r2 with thiefs...
Hurray, R2 stats.... 99% of all ships will be thieves, how exiting
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 23:31   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
Hurray, R2 stats.... 99% of all ships will be thieves, how exiting
Or Pirates--depending on which R2 stats they use (initial, rev. 1, rev. 2, rev. 3, ... ).

Of course the early rounds had lots of warts, but that doesn't mean people wouldn't want to play them in a speedround.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 01:29   #16
Argilus
KniV HC

Argilus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
i wanna play another one with rudmer!!! no more 'real' pa tho:P

atleast rudmer gave me somewhat of a challenge in speedpa was kinda funny... having to work to be biggest in gal:P
next time ill give ya some more competition \o/
All through the night.

Argilus, Seraphim Guardian Angel
Argilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 12:36   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think we would find the r2 stats as funny as they were in r2, its just that r2 rocked

give us r3 or 4

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:12   #18
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
to be fair rnd 4 stats sucks sweaty donkey balls, and round 3 were not so much better. They were horribly imbalanced and led to only a few viable (read 1 best) attack plan and one decent defence option.

Rnd 2 were actually also really bad, it's just that at least the growth methods did not revolve soley around roiding but in stealing too and so there were more options (defence and luring in attackers being 1).

In reality, stats wise PA has never seen it so good as it has in the last rounds. All the points about how great the old rounds were in terms of pure stats, are actually misfounded. They refer instead to the fresher political angles and wider player base.

Although from what i know about the current PAX stats, yes, I hope to christ they don't lose the old ones too.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 21:04   #19
Yama
Rockin' a beat.

Yama has a spectacular aura aboutYama has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

I don't care what stats, just make it happen...

Rgrds,
Yama

*bye now!*

Yama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 02:22   #20
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
to be fair rnd 4 stats sucks sweaty donkey balls, and round 3 were not so much better. They were horribly imbalanced and led to only a few viable (read 1 best) attack plan and one decent defence option.

Rnd 2 were actually also really bad, it's just that at least the growth methods did not revolve soley around roiding but in stealing too and so there were more options (defence and luring in attackers being 1).

In reality, stats wise PA has never seen it so good as it has in the last rounds. All the points about how great the old rounds were in terms of pure stats, are actually misfounded. They refer instead to the fresher political angles and wider player base.

Although from what i know about the current PAX stats, yes, I hope to christ they don't lose the old ones too.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 20:13   #21
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: Old Style Speedrounds?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudmer

any crew ppl with answers?

all support for speedrounds old style are welcome in this thread too..
Well, that would be the only thing what will make me come back to this stupid game

Last 2 speedrouns made me play round 9.5, with succes... But I need another speedround to make me play round 10... Summer was just to good again

Like Yama said,

Make it happen...
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 13:47   #22
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
yeah give us one more speed round
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 16:01   #23
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
I can give a definate answer, but it is something that has come up in discussions and something i think, will be a good idea. I shall have a word with Spinner.

Unfortunately PA won't be at i17 (was mentioned it would be above)

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote